how is the end defined?

merritt olsen

so is it going to be 99% of player villages or 90% of all villages? what are the requirements for ending this world?? what did they need to do in w12?

DeletedUser

the world ended when they had 100% K dominance in ALL K's aha, but you have to have K dominance in something like 90% of K's or above before they'll stop letting players restart.

merritt olsen

the world ended when they had 100% K dominance in ALL K's aha, but you have to have K dominance in something like 90% of K's or above before they'll stop letting players restart.

i thought we had k dominence in 90% of K's...also you play w17? ithat was my first world when i discovered this game..what tribe are you in?

DeletedUser67005

Shouldn't an end game scenario be determined when one tribe remains victorious?

Apoc, Apoc-F, Apoc-N, and [BA] are the only tribes left, and you've all been allied for some time. I don't think the admins will allow a family to win a world?

DeletedUser

I know. We could probably skim down and take out a tribe that doesn't fit the rhyming scheme in that list. :lol:

DeletedUser

i thought we had k dominence in 90% of K's...also you play w17? ithat was my first world when i discovered this game..what tribe are you in?

i'm running around in 13th now :) and have been in Art/Dart, .xD and K-Head but i've settled in 13th for good.
I think, you will all have to be reunited in one tribe, or at least a family before they'll consider closing the world.
So just split Apoc up and fight amongst yourselfs and the winning section will win the world :)

DeletedUser

only one tribe can win the world i think

-the best a man can get

DeletedUser67005

Or Apoc could just cream everyone and win already. Out of whats left in this world, they are the best. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Admins have already indicated via support tickets that the game is headed into the end phases.
33% cost nobles was the first step.

W12 closed after the last red/brown dots were captured - 100% of player villages. They also happened to be a single tribe - but the admins in w18 are aware that we have no intention to force the membership down to 100 players except through natural attrition.

Original guidance from admins was 70% player dominance by a single tribe, but they're already aware - as noted - that we don't intend to go that route. That's when they said they'd discuss it more after w12 closed and/or October.

And, as a side note, the top 100 players of Apoc/BA combined do own over 70% now, in addition to the full membership holding over 98% of player villages.

So... for anyone still holding on to spy accounts within Apoc/BA thinking you're going to stop the train to world-closure... It's not going to help. Go ahead and brag now about how you turned the tide of the war. :)

DeletedUser

Admins have already indicated via support tickets that the game is headed into the end game...

Or if you want to read it from the horse's mouth - go read the 6.5 update announcements.
Yep, they did say "When a tribe (or family of tribes) reaches between 70% and 80% domination..."

DeletedUser

But, like you say, our top 100 has >70% so we can achieve the victory conditions no matter how the admin wishes to cut it :)

DeletedUser

and then the world ends, as abruptly and as game breaking as possible.

World closed within 12hours, im sure people left the house before the the last capture, got home and couldn't even login to the game anymore since they had closed the server from login.

They couldn't code some PvM?
Or just reset the world for those who wanted to keep playing?

DeletedUser

and then the world ends, as abruptly and as game breaking as possible.

World closed within 12hours, im sure people left the house before the the last capture, got home and couldn't even login to the game anymore since they had closed the server from login.

They couldn't code some PvM?
Or just reset the world for those who wanted to keep playing?

DNY, in the w12 forums, was actively tracking villages left to the last few red-dots. I don't expect that the world closing was a big surprise to much of anyone.

The announcement described the world as frozen - I don't have any data here, but if one option if I were the programmer: I'd just turn off the timers and ability to queue new commands. Players could still log-in and view their glory... Of course, it'd be even easier to disable log-in, but you'd have to ask a DNY member.

Either case would be perfectly fine with me. I personally would be quite happy to have the world end tomorrow - there's no argument left about who has survived to the bitter end, even if there's plenty of argument about who had the best time along the way.

DeletedUser

I had heard the login was disabled.

As this is by far, the fastest world to come to the end i thought that the admins might have a way of extending the world or offering the people there some choice.
You know, be creative instead of just awarding a few prem points.

DeletedUser

I agree with MrMacMan, forum should at least be kept. I'm willing to give up my PA points for the ability to log in every month or so just to check on our forum.

DeletedUser67005

They plan on getting rid of the forums?

I don't think so. What would be the point?

DeletedUser

Given that the w12 forums are still open I don't think you'll need to spend any pp Nat.

DeletedUser

No, to log onto her account and check the tribal forums. the IG forums. Obviously these forums wouldn't be deleted, thats just ridiculous.

DeletedUser

I meant our internal forum. This forum I won't miss at all LOL