The beginning of the end of world 18

DeletedUser

4 tribes seems like a reasonable limit for 3 helpers Apoc was allied with BA from the start as well there were times when our side was losing in some areas such as k86 and k69 we made up for it in stragety this game has no real rules for winning until now it was not easy to organize a tribe or be a diplomat even. Apoc had to battle players only this is a rule I am sure most of you like at times apoc tribes worked sepertly so it was not always a garentee of support or attack help. At one point INF was winning the war they made ground agaist apoc so a family tribe does not always equal victory. we also did not align to end the world we were allies for years so it is different if another world became a family to gain 70% the family also has higher amount of villages to gain in order to start an end. families likely will need 80% to end while single tribes will need 70% likely. so it may seem easier for families but it is not easier for all families(some could be made at end stages) in those cases I would agree that families are bad in those areas.

DeletedUser

Because we've defeated every tribe we've ever faced. Not by merging them in. Plus, aren't all family tribes destined to fail? This is the first time it has ever been so successful.

Wow, that was just too funny! There is not a tribe that you haven't either merged in or asked to merge in at one time or another. You can't change the facts now.

As I keep reading through the thread, what I find funny is how other world tribes are shocked that you had 4 tribes and 250 odd members. What would they think if they knew you had OVER 20 tribes and over 1000 members at your peak? lmao

We take pride in winning cause we weren't always the biggest around. Just a year ago when the final world war started we had about the same number of members. It was east vs west, and the west (aka Apoc/BA) won. It was an even fight, at the beginning we were even losing ground in some places, but at the end, we won.

But the East were actually fighting each other instead of playing huggles for the whole 2 years.

First off, I would like to congratulate all of my original tribemates. You were the most wonderful people in the world, and many of you were with me through Thick and Thin, from the very beginning to the bitter end. Those of you from BA-I, from Knighthood, you have my thanks for always being there.

To those of you in the UA, and later APOCALYPSE/BA, and who joined us later - a player could not have hoped for a better alliance. Yes, we had our issues, but in the end, we were able to see past them and unite, and stick together. Without you, W18 would not have been able to close nearly as fast as it did. So far, we have done it faster than anyone else. I'm not sure that this record will stand, but I think it has a chance. Surely no world that got as large will fall as fast.

To those of you who were on the other side of the fence - I congratulate and thank you as well. We didn't always see eye to eye, but I still think of many of you as quite worthy opponents. At the very least, this would not have been nearly as fun without people to compete against, whether that competition was friendly or not. In the end, the world was made up of all who were a part of it, and each of you had a role. It would not have been the same without you.

That was pretty well said MF. What would W18 have been without the likes of AA for example? lol

Pshh. Everyone giving yared biased information...

If you want the truth, ask one of the cool ex-MM.
(Whenever they come spam...I mean, post.)​

You are right, as usual :)

To me the game is long enough as is, which is longer then comfort, lol. In apite of the fact that I may play another world again someday I think it's too long and would prefer a shorter version. Ack am losing my point so will leave for now. LOL y'all take care and ENJOY!

Agreed. It would be good if they could have a world with a 6 month or 1 year limit. Just the thought of playing another never ending world makes me nauseous, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Wow, that was just too funny! There is not a tribe that you haven't either merged in or asked to merge in at one time or another. You can't change the facts now.

As I keep reading through the thread, what I find funny is how other world tribes are shocked that you had 4 tribes and 250 odd members. What would they think if they knew you had OVER 20 tribes and over 1000 members at your peak? lmao

You are right with the members. But wrong with the number of tribes.

DeletedUser

2 things,

First: Natasha, familie and alliances are different in my view. Also, stop using the east vs west stuff. When there were powers on the east (MM and Agression) and west (APOC and BA), the east powers were battling each other while also fighting the west (MM vs APOC and Aggression vs BA). But nontheless you guys won, and I will not bash you all as you did a great job so congrats on the win.

Second: I would put the -MM- tribe of this world (at its peak) and the top APOC and BA players from this world against any other major tribe and I think you all would be quite suprised at how good many of W18's players (former and current) actually were. Zain, Zurtle, Joann, Super Sweet, John Murray, Rashelle, Abeer4Me, Mahadev, the original Genghis Khan tribe (zoquelle, martin, etc), the list goes on of top players I would love to make a dream team of and shut many of W18's critics up. Sure maybe you guys dont agree with the way this world was won or how it ended (I agree with you on that) but I guarantee some players on this world and past players of this world are better than most in TW.

That is exactly right. There were a lot of great players on W18 and some were in Apoc ranks. Nobody can dispute that. The only thing we didn't agree on was the way the Apoc greats engulfed themselves within a HUGE family of families alliance. It's pretty sad that even at the end you guys still couldn't shred the members enough to form one tribe as Andrew said was your aim. Not that it wasn't expected though.

DeletedUser

where are the 20 tribes comeing from? there can only be 10 for 1000 members. what tribes do you think were in the family.

dukefan7777777

There was at least 14 at one point in time if you included the whole family: TWA, RKN, DS (or something like that), and BA

DeletedUser

Bella? is that you?

:icon_razz:

No Peter, unlike your 'brothers and sisters' I never see the need to hide behind aliases and proxies. When I want to say something, I say it with my own account. I thought you knew that already.. or was that you still pining for me? I never did give you the attention you desired did I? I thought a clean break would help you but unfortunately I was wrong. Oh well :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

where are the 20 tribes comeing from? there can only be 10 for 1000 members. what tribes do you think were in the family.

You must have missed the word 'over'. Regardless, the tribes have been listed in detail several times. It was a family of families which included RKN, TWA, DS, DVA, BA and only God knows who else in there. If I can recall which thread the list was posted in, I will link it to you.

DeletedUser

No Peter, unlike your 'brothers and sisters' I never see the need to hide behind aliases and proxies. When I want to say something, I say it with my own account. I thought you knew that already.. or was that you still pining for me? I never did give you the attention you desired did I? I thought a clean break would help you but unfortunately I was wrong. Oh well :icon_rolleyes:

Sadly, Bella, that was a joke ... at your expense.

DeletedUser

IMO, the way you are going about it is not the way worlds were intended to be won. IMO, there should only be 1 tribe left standing at the end. This is a war game meant for players to band together in tribes and defeat opposing tribes. The way W18 did it was lets all ally together, overwhelm any small opposition, and say we won. This style of play could be damaging to the way this game gets played in future worlds. Nothing will stop future worlds from just allying themselves together and start petitioning Morthy to say they won.

But if this is the way you guys/gals want to end the world and Morthy allows it, then congrats.

Not all W18 played in this manner. There were a number of tribes on this world that actually stayed below the 100 member limit like -MM- and G-Khan. Unfortunately, we didn't have the back up tribes from which to draw replacement members and so we conceded to RL. If we had had the 1000+ members at that time, things may have been different on W18 but we chose to play the game differently and actually fight. It was great while it lasted and they are still some of my best memories on W18.

In regards to Apoc, they can't be blamed for the way they have won. They were given the loop holes and tools to make the family tribe of family tribes plus alliances a possibility in the first place. That doesn't mean I agree with the way they have 'won' and I am pretty sure that they all know that for a fact, lol.

DeletedUser

This made me laugh. Seriously?! Hahahahahah!
The "glory"??? It's an internet game, dude! You realize how lame this sounds, right?
LOL

:lol:

Then why take it so seriously that you can't say "hey mate, there's like uber billions of us, let's split the teams evenly and have a fight ?". Hypocrite.

DeletedUser

What is obviously lost on many of the w7 remnants is that the people who are still playing in BA (I won't speak for Apoc) are still here ONLY to see the endgame.

I'm curious, after all these years, did you get to finish internalising every account?

Perhaps others have a different idea of victory.

Go read some of the threads with Zurtle and Bella here in the w18 forum. You'll see that they had different win conditions, too.

Thank you for pointing that out.

DeletedUser

Yawn, more of the same tired things from the same suicidal account deleting losers.

There was no East vs. West because the East couldn't get their act together.
Fair enough. But i saw it coming and a ton of people in the east saw it coming, but decided to be petty.

Dont go on about the -MM- v. Agression war because Apoc vs. MM happened after so i dont even want to hear it again.

DeletedUser

Yawn, more of the same tired things from the same suicidal account deleting losers.

There was no East vs. West because the East couldn't get their act together.
Fair enough. But i saw it coming and a ton of people in the east saw it coming, but decided to be petty.

Dont go on about the -MM- v. Agression war because Apoc vs. MM happened after so i dont even want to hear it again.

If I had wanted to be a 'winner', I could have accepted one of the MANY invitations I received to come on in and join in on the huggle fest.

Oh to be a 'winner' amongst the likes of you that played for maybe a 1/4 of the time (most of it on forum) and only nobled when 50 other tribe mates were hitting that same single target. (Do you even know how to snipe a train?) The rest of us that actualy fought wars and defended against your 10 tribe alliance with only 4 members without losing a village must be noobs.. I get the yawn - it got pretty boring growing at that accelerated pace with your little love taps constantly at my walls :)

Oh but yes, you are so very proud of your well earned victory. Actually, what the hell were we thinking? How could we allow ourselves to miss out on basking in such a glorious 4-way victory?

At least we helped you cut it down from 20+ to 10 then to 4. Don't the other worlds get that having 4 tribes is like half a tribe for you? You've made great progress and they should stop picking on you! Shame on them! :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

Bella:

It seems, in your frenzied desire to stick the boot in on Apoc, you are siding with a small group of folks who also regard MM as pathetic. The enemy of my enemy huh?

Anyway your opinions (let alone economy with facts) are already legendary. Thanks for reminding us of what we've not been missing...

Not all W18 played in this manner. There were a number of tribes on this world that actually stayed below the 100 member limit like -MM- and G-Khan. Unfortunately, we didn't have the back up tribes from which to draw replacement members and so we conceded to RL.

And therefore you were doomed to fail...

DeletedUser

Bella:

It seems, in your frenzied desire to stick the boot in on Apoc, you are siding with a small group of folks who also regard MM as pathetic. The enemy of my enemy huh?

Anyway your opinions (let alone economy with facts) are already legendary. Thanks for reminding us of what we've not been missing...

And therefore you were doomed to fail...

I'm not 'siding with them' Andrew. You know that although I liked some in Apoc, I have never liked UA nor the way you guys 'played' the game since UA and I have always been upfront about it. So in effect, if we are playing 'sides', they are really siding with me and not the other way around :)

W18 was my first world and I have very fond memories here and made some awesome friends to boot so I would never 'betray' W18 per se. I would hazard a guess though that the only reason they thought -MM- were pathetic as well was because all they had to base their opinions on were your family and alliances. They didn't have the pleasure of meeting all us cool peeps that made up -MM- and who knew how to have fun as well as kick ass properly :p - no mass recruiting, no family, no horde of alliances.

We failed to win W18 due to limited numbers but we set the standard high and I would never trade that experience for a so-called win. You failed to win coz you are too lazy to play for another year (can't say I blame you) and actually fight a real war against actives without your 10:1 buffer. Like I said to mac, I could have been part of the 'winning' family tribe & alliance but chose not to be.

You can't go off at people just because they don't agree with you that a 20+ alliance which ends in 4 is a true tribal victory on an online WAR game. You can't blame me either - I wasn't even here and it took them like 5 minutes to work out that you guys LOVE that invite key as well as that diplomacy tab to get as many blue dots as you can! LOL You got what you wanted Andrew, a blue world, so be satisfied with that.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the response.

I would take issue with the "so-called" bit but then I have tried long and hard to influence your opinion. I have never moved you before so I'm not going to try now!

In answer to your final comment: I am :)

DeletedUser

We failed to win W18 due to limited numbers but we set the standard high and I would never trade that experience for a so-called win. You failed to win coz you are too lazy to play for another year (can't say I blame you) and actually fight a real war against actives without your 10:1 buffer. Like I said to mac, I could have been part of the 'winning' family tribe & alliance but chose not to be.
hmm... where to start...

- you failed to win w18 as you insisted on putting you own personal vendettas and aims above those not only of you allies but your own tribe... I will give you credit for helping accelerate the demise of mm by pulling half their players purely so you could "get revenge" on zzdragon...

- You actually did approach and use an alliance with "huggers" apoc, to protect yourself whilst you attempted to chase the vendetta... unfortunately we weren't willing to allow you to "hoard" personal k's and therefore the alliance broke down... hmm seems like we were the ones that wanted to get on and attack actives rather than "clean up" our "own" k's

As regards mm... they were a superb tribe, full of fun people- no argument... unfortunately they were destroyed as much by the egos of some of their leaders as by RL.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the response.

I would take issue with the "so-called" bit but then I have tried long and hard to influence your opinion. I have never moved you before so I'm not going to try now!

In answer to your final comment: I am :)

At least you know I'm not fickle :)