The beginning of the end of world 18

giantsfrey

i imagine "the treatment" is code for "cookies and compliments", if the goal is to "re-open recruiting?"

DeletedUser

i imagine "the treatment" is code for "cookies and compliments", if the goal is to "re-open recruiting?"

How did you know?

Who showed giantsfrey our secret battleplans?!? When I find them I will give them a darned good huggling!

[You are so easy it makes my ribs hurt!]

DeletedUser53550

I've finally made it - my name will live for ever - Chopper's quoted me in his sig!

@whoever complimented me on my Admin abuse..

What? You think that Morthy et al are so shallow, insecure and downright bitter that they'd hold an entire world hostage just because of a few words written on a forum?

You may think that, I couldn't possibly comment.

Last edited:

DeletedUser67005

I'll just stand and watch...

PS Bella, long time no post. I think I saw Zurtle post as well. :S

:)

DeletedUser53550

I wish there was a way to have worlds war against each other... I'm thinking w7 and w18 would be at it by now for sure...lol

Setting up a new world (starting from a pre-set tribe and village level) should be fairly simple; but worlds cost money to run, so... not going to happen.

DeletedUser

RULES!!! we don't need no stinkin' rules!!

sorry Macman... never thought I'd say that. I guess I'm living on the edge these days.. :)

DeletedUser56612

You've only agreed with me once??

wow my track record really sucks... :lol:

Well maybe more than once, but not very often. We surely always had very different ways to see the game play of this world. We didn't agree on the strategy here that is for sure.

***I most say that I would also enjoy playing the way you did as well if we were to apply it to other worlds, but the goals that we set here was to finish as a family and my contribution was made in order to achieve that goal. I would probably try it different in other worlds as I don't think we will ever see another world with the dynamics that W18 has.***

DeletedUser

bella.. you seem to forget.. or maybe just weren't aware.. but I was in the chats with you, and had access to the mails etc, we were in a chat discussing your plans to attack ~s~ and zz in particular at least a month before you "left MIM and had vst and ~s~ declare on you" indeed- YOU launched on ~s~ first :lol:

I didn't forget Dr Manic :) Anyways, the op to hit S was because INF and S were planning to attempt to rim me as soon as I left MIM - did you forget that part or just leave it out to make your point valid? When we did launch on S at that time, I didn't send even a single fake at zz did I? We actually hit K59 because that was the smart move from a tribal standpoint. The very next day is when INF became VST and joined in. So we stopped hitting S and went at it with VST. It was only AFTER we had killed VST and all the S actives in the east, did I then look at completing my own goals. One of them was attacking zz :) I wanted to hit zz not for just a month, I waited for 2 YEARS until I was free from tribal responsibility.

In the 2 years and 2 months I played TW, I always played for the tribe and put my own account goals to the side. Only in my last month here was I able to just play my account and focus on just what I wanted to do. That was the pay off of being a leader in a small tribe, that along with the long hours and no sleep, lol.

DeletedUser

That was one of the fundamental problems. "Your" Ks were our front line. They were also riddled with red dots. Apoc has always espoused an integrated front line (check out the player maps) and so your insistence on securing "your" K was anathema to our model, it erected a significant obstancle between us and our mutual enemies and, to be honest, exposed your longer term plan to turn on us at a later stage in the game (at which point you would have been embedded in "our" territory and hitting us from behind our front lines.

If you had accepted the idea that we fight together and share territory the subsequent parting of the ways may never have happened. Your claims of broken promises are bogus. The real split happened because you couldn't accept that to ally with us meant having to share a longer term vision in which we were integrated. That's fine but don't blame WOlfhunt or anyone else for an outcome that, given your position, was inevitable.

Our K's were K56-59 for the most part and every single one of us in the tribe heavily dominated each of our home Ks as well as having bases on numerous other fronts - so basically they were our front lines and not yours. The reason we heavily dominated is because we killed every enemy in our way. We were more then capable of fighting as that is what we had done our entire TW life. I don't remember being in a war where I wasn't either surrounded by red dots or being heavily outnumbered and where I was usually either the main target or one of the main targets. That goes for every member that was in =V= (apart from the main target part, lol). Our only limitation on how fast we could kill was the number of nobles we had at our disposal.

In hindsight, it all came back down to the way we played the game. We were used to killing people near us coz we were always surrounded and you guys integrated coz most of you came from KH and were separated but wanted to play together. Tbh Andrew, there were no longer term plans, we just wanted to be able to kill our enemies the way we always had. (The fact that you considered our tiny group as a threat to you winning this world just made me lol in rl.) I know that things would have been rosy if we had accepted to be a part of Apoc and embraced the blue world but it was oh so crowded in there!! ;)

Mmm... OK, =V= did a significant amount of damage to VST (1172 conquers) but Apoc did more (1360) and it was Apoc that got VST to quit the field.

Andrew this is a blatant lie. VST were active when they decided to jump from MIM and attempt to rim me with ~S~. When they couldn't break me, they went to W47 because the war was personal and had nothing to do with W18 - they had one goal and one goal only. The 4 of us had to actually fight for the villages we took from VST. By the time you guys jumped on the bandwagon, VST was dead and all accounts left were abandoned. How many posts are on these forums from those very players that were 'congratulating' you on taking undefended villages?

1172 conquers by 4 people, who deleted 4 months ago, against an active tribe, as opposed to your 1360 by the whole of Apoc-BA against a dead tribe isn't very flattering to you :p

Winning was the most important thing for you guys and that is why you set up the UA in the first place. I'd hazard a guess that there are at least 70% in your tribe that have not nobled or shown any signs of real life in many, many months. I know first hand that Rick barely did anything for almost 2 years and he is a pretty big player, is he not? A lot of you have even taken extended breaks from the game. UA/ApocBA gave you that luxury where you could stay logged on and have the minority actively take out whatever red dots that were left. You've said for a long time that you wanted a blue world and that would be counted as a win for you all. The ones that deleted didn't view a blue world as a win, they viewed it as hugging and enjoyed the satisfaction of beating someone in a fight where the outcome was not pre-determined because you outnumbered them 10:1 but because you were better at sending a timed op, sending fakes, sniping trains, moving D like a mad person, lol.

You are confusing the rest of these people by not explaining to them that this is what YOU consider to be a win from the moment UA was formed. You DO want to win. A mass deletion would not have cut it for you and you know that. If that was enough, the likes of Rick, Peter and every other person that is still here but never wants to log into TW again after world end, would have deleted already. You have your blue world but the only thing that is keeping you here is that official end. That's a normal thing and that's why a lot of us are competitive people by nature. Most of us don't like the idea of investing so much time into something and not getting some kind of closure from it.

We played it differently from the very beginning and we both got our happy endings :) If we had spawned on the same side of the world, we may have been great team mates, who knows? No matter what has gone down on W18, I don't hold any personal grudges against anyone. It was my first real online game - I learned a lot and met so many new people and made some awesome friends. Even the PnP was fun, but it's now over and all our characters will just be a part of W18's history. Maybe in the future we'll find ourselves on a new game and may very well be on the same side this time.

I propose a toast to W18 - the world where even the biggest "huggers" (said with as much affection as I can muster :p) get to fulfill their dreams :) Congrats to all.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

to be honest, exposed your longer term plan to turn on us at a later stage in the game (at which point you would have been embedded in "our" territory and hitting us from behind our front lines.

hold on, did you honestly believe that our tribe of 5 or so members was planning on backstabbing you down the road? Incredible.

DeletedUser

hold on, did you honestly believe that our tribe of 5 or so members was planning on backstabbing you down the road? Incredible.

Sigh.
Maybe I've been looking at you with rose colored glasses Zurtle but i felt that you had a stronger grasp on reality.

screenshot20101016at137.png

You had some of the biggest people in the world at that time.

Furthermore, yes, our alliance, RKN, BA, DVA, DS, TWA have always had an integrated battlefield.
Since, since forever.

We helped one another, nobled side by side.

What did =V= have a problem with? They had a problem that the red dots next door were going to turn blue.

If it was your "HOME" continent, then why the hell didnt you clean them up before it was "OUR" frontline?

=V='s arguments never made sense unless we make the assumption about a future betrayal, where out villages would be easy pickings.
Otherwise there should have been no issue with us nobling the red dots that =V= was either too lazy or too slow to noble in their own "HOME" continents.

DeletedUser

Well maybe more than once, but not very often. We surely always had very different ways to see the game play of this world. We didn't agree on the strategy here that is for sure.

***I most say that I would also enjoy playing the way you did as well if we were to apply it to other worlds, but the goals that we set here was to finish as a family and my contribution was made in order to achieve that goal. I would probably try it different in other worlds as I don't think we will ever see another world with the dynamics that W18 has.***

I hope the second time you agreed with me wasnt just you agreeing that my track record sucked...lol

TBH I never had end game ambitions so I guess that would be the fundamental root of our differences there. I just wanted to have some fun at other players expense. when I left the game I was satisfied with the result and had a great time. my advice is if you play another world give it a go. I'll bet you'll kick yourself for not doing it sooner since it's so liberating...

DeletedUser

You had some of the biggest people in the world at that time.

not that i like to argue.... ok I do like to argue but two of the biggest that left from your own post went where? oh yeah thats right...lol

Furthermore, yes, our alliance, RKN, BA, DVA, DS, TWA have always had an integrated battlefield.
Since, since forever.

Nope.. dont see =V= on that list.. so I guess the rules wouldn't apply.

What did =V= have a problem with? They had a problem that the red dots next door were going to turn blue.

not a problem with them turning blue... just the wrong shade of blue...

If it was your "HOME" continent, then why the hell didnt you clean them up before it was "OUR" frontline?

the maid had the day off... give her a break dude... AND... it was our front line first.. we called dibbs...lol

=V='s arguments never made sense unless we make the assumption about a future betrayal, where out villages would be easy pickings.
Otherwise there should have been no issue with us nobling the red dots that =V= was either too lazy or too slow to noble in their own "HOME" continents.

ok think about what you just said and then think like me...if that were true I would have gladly invited you to take select villas ... all the while setting up 40ish nicely placed and well planned villas in your backline. then I would have tucked you under my arm and showed you the pretty rainbows so that you wouldnt feel the need to stack your new villas...all the while teeing you up... you would have never seen it coming. seriously you dont switch to clean up mode until after your food stops struggling and you can eat in peace. It shouldnt be a surprise that we didnt want you eating the food we prepared for ourselves.... bahh ... but thats old news now...

DeletedUser

Just Posting to say:

Congrats to world 18 on ending! LB, Bella, Zurtle, Thanks for the congratulations, I'll like to play in your tribe on another world next time around.
A big shout out goes to Zain and Peter (and Others) for being great leaders of the Unholy Alliance.
I had fun here and it was a great place to start my first world!

To those who are annoyed/flaming W18 for ending with more then one tribe as "Winner"

It really doesn't bother as many people as you think, because the goals we set out to do we're still accomplished. The reward for being the top tribe is fairly moot anyway, I personally never used PA so I didn't gain nor lose anything. To be a part of a worlds close is enough of an accomplishment to begin with for me. GJ to W12 and GL to W7, don't let W27 beat you!

If you wish to discuss more with me, PM I'll fill you in with my personal experience and hopefully we can have a good discussion.

DeletedUser

At our very peak we had 20 total members, a few were never even active. To try and pretend we were some great threat is I suppose quite flattering.

As to the future betrayal, I think we both know who betrayed who. So you were right, there was a future betrayal, it was Apoc-C and then Apoc-D attacking =V=. If I really must, I can bring up old mail where one of your members admits to intentionally trying to sabotage the alliance (Dchicks). You must think I was completely blind to the filth that was going on behind our backs. Of course we didn't want Apoc-C near us, They were horrible allies with an intention to kill us. While we knew this fact, you are mistaken that we had some master plan to betray Apoc. Have fun was our only plan, executing that plan involved killing those enemies around us. Of course we didn't want people that hated us (Apoc-C) moving in on our fun, especially when they had plenty of K's to handle their own business.

Ray Joakim

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

Andrew Done, must say you had made some excellent responses. Though the discussion basically devolved down to an opinion on tribal morality it's clear we have an intrinsically difference viewpoint on keeping alliances/families when a world ends. Of course, officially closing with an alliance now is a very legitimate way to end the world (as Morthy as allowed it), but also a disagreeable way from the viewpoint of someone who does not believe the importance of a moral code in game - seeing as most people don't have such strong codes as it is not required of them due to the very nature of the game (it's put down to self preservation). I said there is always moral grey areas with friendships though, as all the players you interact with are actual individuals; you just know one better then the other. One can also debate that a common understanding need not be attained before gameplay starts. In fact, the risk of nobling out was always there for me, if I did not pull my weight for the tribe - I was only as valuable so long as I was useful. Slackers in DNY, atleast, had no mercy because they (or they should have) understood the conditions and privileges they have to be within the tribe (though that changed when we beat the world years ago and things were abit more relaxed :p.)

It is interesting you mention self preservation; I don't think we had to ever worry about, as since from creation we've been in the position of dominance (though we've had the entire world united against us at points). It'd seem APOC developed very differently. Whereas we, the core tribe, simply developed outwards, and destroyed all the upstart rim tribes with ease, it'd seem the core tribes of w18 failed to do that, and it was the rim tries that won. Though I'm not sure what happened to these well estabalished core tribes? I guess we can thank leadership for that, as that's (from what I've seen) is the defining feature of how successful a tribe is run.

I won't debate your points simply because i don't feel like it. But I have to correct you on this. The alliance was formed very early in the life of this world (almost at the very beginning). So at the time it didn't include all the remaining players of the world. We did recruited, I won't hide that, but the alliance wasn't done to include all or even nearly all the remaining players of the world. We were about 1000 players and there were still close to 80 000 players in the world when the alliance has been formed. If we are still an alliance and now forming a group containing almost all the players of this world it is because of persistance. We stayed together and that is the only reason why. Keeping the group together wasn't an easy task for the leaders of Apoc. We said from the very beginning that our goal was to win as a group. We were told crazy because alliances don't last. Our goal was mainly to prove them wrong, that indeed an alliance can manage to stick together until the end. And in this it makes us all winners, because we prove to them that we were able to do it. The victory for many isn't even residing in the actual position we are ending in this world, the real win for most of us is the fact that were able to show that this can be done differently and that indeed alliances can sometimes last.

The fact that you disagree with it doesn't matter as our conditions for victory, the way we established them in the very beginning, are getting achieved. If Innogames wouldn't have closed the world then the world would have ended by itself as most of us would have deleted once the world would have been blue. We aren't going in your world to tell you how you should win. The way you want to get to the end of your world is totally yours to determine.

Ah, bad use of words. Rather "holding" an alliance of the entire world. There is little difficulty in holding alliances when there is not a threat that is enough to destroy the entire alliance, and no such threat exists, it'd appear. However that's just my opinion. It it really true your family was 1000 players at one point? I am not going in your world to tell you how you sould win, I'm discussing why the win on this world isn't seen by other players as "difficult" win (despite how much difficulty you say you've had) - and the reasons generally boil down to as "hugging", family tribes and huge alliances - these are all generally known as easy ways out. Fortunately, we already won our world in the most pure form: without assistance and one tribe left standing.

Last edited: