ATEN's Declaration of War

DeletedUser7464

mangy I do sort of agree with you there.

When I talk of honour and morals Mystic I do of course just mean in game :p I'm sure Aten accounts are played by lovely people lol

junkmonger

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
A of point of interest; how many of the REB members currently debating the morality of this war with Aten members are original HOT members, and how many are MPX? As far as I can tell, the majority are ex-MPX which says something about the points being raised in my opinion.

In other words, anyone with an MPX background has solid reasoning to talk about lack of morality on Aten's behalf, as MPX have had a very PC and 'just' history. However the opposite could be said for anyone in REB with a HOT background, as they have changed side on many occasion, taken in refugees and turned common allies... etc. So perhaps REB members need to realise the various points Aten members are bringing up might be more directed at one half or the other? Personally I think when you merge with a family or tribe you adopt their legacy and history in many ways, in conjunction with your own. So by default MPX members may have lost 'credibility' in some peoples eyes.

Either way, it's just food for thought.

Interesting point in regards to myself. As I seem to recall, ATEN and Force/The Confederation were allies a long way back. When I semi-retired, my account was sent to WB for eating. However, they didn't swallow enough. Collosus asked me to come back when he was thinking about forming an independant tribe to take on the world. That really didn't go anywhere and I was fairly inactive until steve became supreme commander. Under steve, I've never seen HOT turn on an ally without a really good reason (TW....). So as far as this conversations goes, I really don't think that I'm representative of either HOT or MPX.

DeletedUser7126

If i hadnt of made right what joey made wrong aten would be only a small percentage of what they are now. They were losing quite considerably and thats a fact. Beofer anyone replies to this make sure you get your facts straight cause im not interested in twisting anything.

Mikeys...when you and your tribe were at its lowest it had been in a long time I took a big step for you. Knowing my decision, although the right one, would risk numerous accounts i jumped in the trenches with you bro and you know it. we essentially became a meatsheild for aten for several months. i lost two branches of my tribe by agreeing to fight alongside aten. thankls for the repayment buddy...dont know how i will ever repay you.

It is just a game i know. but there is still alot of time and money invested and that means something. now if we could only make our words mean something!!!!!

DeletedUser

I wish people would stop trying to make this into a war of good v evil, it certainly isn't that.

If its not clear already what happened I'll explain some more.

We came into the war (a very tough decision cos we had friends on both sides) but out of duty we had to side with our oldest allies, Aten. Because of our location we had to take the brunt of the fighting and that mostly meant we fought, Aten supported but we tried hard to bring aten more into the fighting. After a very long time too many people in REB started grumbling about lack of anything much from Aten, and I had to agree with them...by then communication was pretty bad between us if not non-existent. Aten complain we lacked respect, but it was two-way, we weren't privvy to Aten's plans and some were deliberately concealed from us.

Anyway, I approached LWS and suggested the war had been going on too long and offered a cease fire. I made it clear that we weren't going to turn and fight for them. I realised of course that a peace deal was likely to lead to war against Aten because Mikeys temper and uber-arrogance wouldn't permit the loss of one of his toys. I made two attempts at ceasefire talks with Philler and while talks were going on Philler ordered attacks against me, both times...weird way to go about making a deal I must say.

The third time was instigated by Philler, and again he ordered attacks against me, while talking peace. This time it was Reversed and Philler planned to join in himself through the sublime sit. If you remember Mystic, you noticed I was fighting Reversed from the stats and it was sweet of you to mail me and ask why I hadnt asked you to help. I think you expected me to ask for support, but I said I would value attacks more than support. So you claimed some villages on noble planner....woohoo! And that was it. And tbh that was pretty much what we'd come to expect.

It was the way things generally went. We tried to organise ops, and were directed at you Mystic, even though you kept saying you didnt have full internet access. ...convenient i wonder?

But the best excuse was when Mikeys said "I have a huge account about to go grey and we need to noble it out because LWS are looking at it" Note huge account..not even a name, just in case we asked for some villages. It was Lady Tina. Well we had players going grey but we couldn't afford to take our foot off the pedal just in case LWS "looked". But thats ok...we learnt how to fight and developed a taste for red.

So LWS...you made your choice, I wonder how long it will be before you start to notice a dwindling off in the fighting. Jirki & Tokstolle...you got competition ;)

I dont intend to visit here again, cba to continue this debate and its all pretty pointless, I've got better things to do :icon_evil:

If anyone wants to talk, you know where to find me...well anyone except Mikeys and Jas...you both smell :p

Adieu mes amies xx

walleye

I made two attempts at ceasefire talks with Philler and while talks were going on Philler ordered attacks against me, both times...weird way to go about making a deal I must say.

The third time was instigated by Philler, and again he ordered attacks against me, while talking peace. This time it was Reversed and Philler planned to join in himself through the sublime sit.

before anyone tries to deny this, and i know they will, there are in game mails sitting in hooch's box that prove this. i had a snoop during my brief time sitting for hooch :)

DeletedUser

before anyone tries to deny this, and i know they will, there are in game mails sitting in hooch's box that prove this. i had a snoop during my brief time sitting for hooch :)

You did more than snoop, but I enjoyed the conversation all the same. :)

DeletedUser95513

Anyway, I approached LWS and suggested the war had been going on too long and offered a cease fire. I made it clear that we weren't going to turn and fight for them. I realised of course that a peace deal was likely to lead to war against Aten because Mikeys temper and uber-arrogance wouldn't permit the loss of one of his toys. I made two attempts at ceasefire talks with Philler and while talks were going on Philler ordered attacks against me, both times...weird way to go about making a deal I must say.

This is true...as I was a semi part of the talks as spqr head

Mysticjelly2

It was the way things generally went. We tried to organise ops, and were directed at you Mystic, even though you kept saying you didnt have full internet access. ...convenient i wonder?

Hardly convenient and we've been over this in a private conversation. Hell, even my stats at the time indicated there was no-one there. The work I was having done at home cost me considerably. You believe what you want Hooch, as I say, we already covered that in private but hey you wonder away.

DeletedUser

You see you assume my sources are Philler and the like. I had nothing to do with LWS until now and a nice bunch I find them to be. The point is REB opened these talks, REB were discussing the matter before Aten even thought about it. As I said, once were aware of it we beat you to it, nothing to do with @deciding not to@, the choice was no longer REB's.

You beat us too it? Don't play like the idiot as i am already that person, we said a number of times we decided not to.

DeletedUser7464

Mystic I think hooch meant convenient for Aten in general, not because you personally had issues getting online.

DeletedUser95513

I have mails that could settle this...I just hope i still have them...so i dont have 2 hear everyone bitch about it...when it could just be settled with simple evidence

Jirki88

Administrator
Tribal Wars Team
Community Management
Reaction score
There is never anything simple about "evidence". Evidence can be forged, words be interpreted. You could put a rock at a table and we'd immediately start to argue about:
1) Whether it is really a rock and not something else
2) Whether the rock exist or not exist
3) Whom the rock belong to

Well yeah, you get the idea.