The Church

DeletedUser

And thus... People in church worlds tends to be turtles! - due to the clusters = fast support.

DeletedUser

And thus... People in church worlds tends to be turtles! - due to the clusters = fast support.

I've mostly experienced the opposite.

People think more about their clusters, and therefore they are able to send out support faster, and therefore need fever defensive vills as they can cover more vills faster.

DeletedUser

I've mostly experienced the opposite.

People think more about their clusters, and therefore they are able to send out support faster, and therefore need fever defensive vills as they can cover more vills faster.

Yeah. Even though I haven't ever played a church world to the point where it matters, I would assume that's what you would see.
There's no point in turtling, especially because other people would have stronger defenses due to the fast support, and you would thus need more offense to take them down.

Rynkar

Sorry but I don't understand the explanation at all.

If I have cities outside of the range of the city with a church.. they become weaker? Does this mean I have to cluster all of my cities?

Doesn't that seem kinda.. stupid?

Last edited:

Muldie325

1: Yes
2: Clustering is very important on church worlds, but it is a wise move on any world.
3: A lot of people dislike churches, this is why churches are not active on all worlds.

Rynkar

1: Yes
2: Clustering is very important on church worlds, but it is a wise move on any world.
3: A lot of people dislike churches, this is why churches are not active on all worlds.

My concern is the end game.. Wouldn't it be logical to assume that only a maximum of say 30 cities are supportable with a church? It just doesn't seem to make any sense.. But it also seems like it encourages never expanding the territory you're in. Anyway.. I guess I'll have to play it to find out :/

DeletedUser

i have 53 villages in one lvl 3 church range (world 44) and it doesnt discourage expansion... just encourages you not to have villages all on their lonesome in every part of the world

DeletedUser

My concern is the end game.. Wouldn't it be logical to assume that only a maximum of say 30 cities are supportable with a church? It just doesn't seem to make any sense.. But it also seems like it encourages never expanding the territory you're in. Anyway.. I guess I'll have to play it to find out :/

I think you're missing the fact that you can build churches in more than one village? While clustering is important in church world, you can still expand further out by building more churches.

DeletedUser

i have 53 villages in one lvl 3 church range (world 44) and it doesnt discourage expansion... just encourages you not to have villages all on their lonesome in every part of the world

LOL that is heavy clustering , lot of barb nobling . I play church world 33 . Yes most people find the church annoying , however it does add strategy and it is very funny when you used to nuke noobs with no church :D

Rynkar

Oh, I don't see any problem with church worlds if you can have multiple churches then. I mean, 10K population once every 10 cities or so isn't really a big deal to me.

DeletedUser

Oh, I don't see any problem with church worlds if you can have multiple churches then. I mean, 10K population once every 10 cities or so isn't really a big deal to me.

It isn't now, but it will be once you get that population full, believe me.

DeletedUser

LOL that is heavy clustering , lot of barb nobling . I play church world 33 . Yes most people find the church annoying , however it does add strategy and it is very funny when you used to nuke noobs with no church :D

lol that church was taken completely from a player (he was the barb nobler) curlybean with a few taken from somewhere else too (i cant remember who though)

but all of my churches are pretty tight, i like to get as many villes in one church as i can with as little overlap as possible, i plan them out on tribalwarsmap beforehand and it seems to work out pretty well for me =)

i prefer church worlds tbh, when you use churches for scout villages the loss in population doesnt bother you at all, just dont bother trying to make them off or def imo

[SPOIL]
Troops:
3000 Scouts
300 Catapults

fits in perfectly with

Church:

Village Headquarters (Level 20)
Barracks (Level 25)
Stable (Level 20)
Workshop (Level 5)
Academy (Level 3)
Church (Level 3)
Smithy (Level 20)
Rally point (Level 1)
Market (Level 20) Merchants: 105/105
Timber camp (Level 30)
Clay pit (Level 30)
Iron mine (Level 30)
Farm (Level 30)
Warehouse (Level 30)
Hiding Place (Level 6)
Wall (Level 20)

this build =)
[/SPOIL]
also once you know how to point your villes the church (even the first church) isnt a problem =)

Carlosmaster

Church Effect:
All villages that are not contained within a church radius will have all troops' defensive and attack power reduced to 50%.
This means that you can attack outside your church's radius, as long as the attacking village is inside it.
Defending troops take the church effect of the village/person they are defending.
To be sure of what I read. This means that if I support someone who is outside of MY church radius.
When MY troops defend the person I sent support to, they will defend at 100%, as if they were on my church radius?

It's my first time playing a Church world, so I'm a bit confused.

DeletedUser

Yes. As long as the village is in the supported players church radius.

DeletedUser

Yeah, just to clarify a little further, when you support someone else, they act as if they are their troops. In the same way that if you sent someone support on a tech world, it acts at the tech levels of the supported village, not the tech levels of the village they came from.

I had never tried a church world before I played on the Beta, frankly I hated the idea, but once you actually play with it, it is a nice setting. Don't get me wrong, I prefer a no church world, but I also prefer to have some worlds with churches than have no worlds with churches since variety is the spice of life. It changes how you have to play and that is fun. Don't forget the most important thing, unlike morale which penalises some and protects others, everybody is affected the same way by churches. Try it, you never know you might like it :)

DeletedUser

in a way at the start of a church world, e.g. 54, would it be smart to noble on the border of the 6 fields north south east and westthen get a level 3 church in each of them?

I would think that would give you more areas to attack and defend in, Then do it again 1 or 2 times before filling in the gaps. or am i completely not getting churches.

DeletedUser

my second church was about 2 light cav hours away (troop speed 1.5) but it was about the 4th-ish village i nobled

DeletedUser

question if someones not in my church radius can i be in theirs ... we both have first church 1 vil and i don't see how its possible that i can be in someone else's radius and he not be in mine

DeletedUser

question if someones not in my church radius can i be in theirs ... we both have first church 1 vil and i don't see how its possible that i can be in someone else's radius and he not be in mine

If you are both still using your first church, it is not possible, not matter what.

However if you have the first church, but he have church lvl 3, you can be in his radius without he being in yours.

DeletedUser

no it was 1st church I ran all the sims and the onlyway he could of hit me like that is if his troops where religious which they were not and i tried asking this in a support ticket they sent me here