Cooking with Zak: Alfredo Edition

DeletedUser

Today I'm going to teach you sexy W54ers how to make Alfredo sauce.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 cups milk
6 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Pasta (any pasta you like and as many as you desire)

Directions:

First step: is to put the butter into a nonstick sauce pan and heat it over medium heat.
[spoil]
resize1.jpg
[/spoil]

Second Step: Add cream cheese and garlic powder into the saucepan, and stir with metal whisk until it's smooth.
[spoil]
resize2.jpg
[/spoil]

Third Step: Slowly add the milk and stir the sauce to smooth out the lumps.
[spoil]
resize3.jpg
[/spoil]

Fourth Step: Stir in the Parmesan cheese and the pepper. While doing this boil your water in a separate saucepan.
[spoil]
resize4.jpg
[/spoil]

Fifth Step: Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency. Sauce will thicken rapidly, thin with milk if cooked too long. And insert your pasta into the boiling water.
[spoil]
resize5.jpg
[/spoil]

Sixth Step: Cook the pasta until they are up to your standards. (I personally throw them at the ceiling to ensure they are done.) Then drain the pasta and put them back into the sauce pan which you were cooking your pasta in.
[spoil]
resize6.jpg
[/spoil]

Seventh Step: Scoop desired amount of pasta onto a plate and pour some sauce over the top. And bon appetit.
[spoil]
resize7.jpg
[/spoil]

I hope you enjoyed this thread, it's a very easy dish to make and takes about 20 minutes to prepare. Stay sexy.

Cheers,
Zak

sensesfail5492

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This thread is missing 2 things Zak.

First - Your Missing the chicken.
Second - Seeing as its already cooked you are missing my plate.

DeletedUser

Now this is truly an epic thread that should be stickied thank you Zak <3

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I vote we take it down, as Zak stole my Cream Cheese... he literally crossed a bunch of Provinces and burgled it, straight-up. (^_^)

DeletedUser

This thread is missing 2 things Zak.

First - Your Missing the chicken.
Second - Seeing as its already cooked you are missing my plate.

I know I'm missing the chicken, I usually throw in some parsley, mushrooms and chicken. Tho the girl I was cooking for was a vegetarian. Same recipe, just cook the chicken in whatever fashion you prefer.

Now this is truly an epic thread that should be stickied that you Zak <3

Hehe why thank you :)

Matt.camb

This is almost as much win as our little conversation :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

I know I'm missing the chicken, I usually throw in some parsley, mushrooms and chicken. Tho the girl I was cooking for was a vegetarian. Same recipe, just cook the chicken in whatever fashion you prefer.

Keep the chicken and parsley minus the mushrooms and cook some garlic bread and we are set.

DeletedUser

Sometimes I use a can of Mushroom Soup in it, this sorta cheats waiting for the mushroom flavour to get all up in the sauce :D

DeletedUser

Add the chicken and mushrooms :D then just before serving stir in the finely chopped parsley and you've got a winner :D

Pajuno

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Cream cheese in an "alfredo" sauce?

What did you just say????

You can call it Ryu sauce if you want, but not "alfredo"..........

DeletedUser

Cream cheese in an "alfredo" sauce?

What did you just say????

You can call it Ryu sauce if you want, but not "alfredo"..........

Cream Cheese makes EVERYTHING better, this is likely the only thing I managed to teach O'Sensei... he racked disciprine on that. (^_^)