Good books?

bhgaming

i had to read The Catcher in the Rye for school, and i actually ended up really enjoying it.

DeletedUser

You should try "The Way of the Peaceful Warrior" by Dan Milman

you know...if I can find the book... I think thats what it was called :icon_redface:

it was about a student who competed in the olipics for gymnastics right and his journey with Socrates right?

DeletedUser

you know...if I can find the book... I think thats what it was called :icon_redface:

it was about a student who competed in the olipics for gymnastics right and his journey with Socrates right?

Thats what I thought...actually it was a true story about a gymnast(in college,not sure if He went to the olympics) who encountered a martial arts master and it changed his view on life...Dan Millman now gives lectures on the subjects in the book...pretty awesome from what I've been told.

DeletedUser

Thats what I thought...actually it was a true story about a gymnast(in college,not sure if He went to the olympics) who encountered a martial arts master and it changed his view on life...Dan Millman now gives lectures on the subjects in the book...pretty awesome from what I've been told.

Yeah he did compete actually and his team took home the gold cause he made up some move for the first time and nailed it at the Olympics. and I wouldn't say he was a martial arts master...he seemed more like a ninja/philosopher/muse/monk to me (good combination actually...It makes for a really bad @$$ character :icon_razz:)

and yes it was a very good book...life changing if you take in the lessons and apply them and it changes you way of thinking..one of my favorite quotes is actually from that book.

Happiness = what we have/what we want. therefore if we have no wants we have infinitely happy. I throughly enjoyed the book. movie isn't half bad as well..but without saying the book is even better as always :)

baseball2009star

i had to read The Catcher in the Rye for school, and i actually ended up really enjoying it.

I read that this past summer, I enjoyed it as well. I then proceeded with reading "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" Definitly a must read if you liked the catcher in the rye.

2 thumbs up

DeletedUser

Bunny Suicides is absolutely awesome! I believe some of them are available online.

mike62

Anything by Conn iggulden, got the whole collection and joined his forum and blog, awesome author tells historic tales as they should be written.

DeletedUser

My favourite book is the Bible.

I do read other books but they are more educational/self-help/theological literature. Apart from that, the only other books I read are autobiographies/biography's..
Not a big fan of fiction tbh but I have read a couple Dan Brown books and James Redfields 'The Celestine Prophecy' which I enjoyed.

DeletedUser

My favourite book is the Bible.

As a curiosity which one?

and hey it's not a bad book to pick as a favorite...If I remember correctly it is the most printed book of all time and in the most languages as well if I remember correctly.

DeletedUser

As a curiosity which one?

and hey it's not a bad book to pick as a favorite...If I remember correctly it is the most printed book of all time and in the most languages as well if I remember correctly.

Of course, I'm referring to the Holy Bible. :) I prefer the New King James or New International versions.

And you're right, it is indeed the most printed (and in the most languages) book of all time..

DeletedUser

Anyone into The Malazan Book of the Fallen series by Steven Erikson?

DeletedUser

I wish that last book would arrive at the library already :(
I've had it on order for a couple of months now.

DeletedUser

most of my favorite books aren't in english, but I do remember loving "Dr Zhivago" when I read it in high school ...

DeletedUser

read a book called "The Giver", its pretty cool, although 6th grade level. :)

Or "The Diary of Anne Frank", the 2nd most printed book in the world, after the bible.

DeletedUser

cat in a hat

Dr. Suess RULES!!!

I still remember to this day being a high school senior and having a very great teacher read to us "oh the places you'll go"...very very good book.

read a book called "The Giver", its pretty cool, although 6th grade level. :)

Or "The Diary of Anne Frank", the 2nd most printed book in the world, after the bible.

The Giver was a very interesting book and the more I read it as I age the more I get out of it. I remember reading it in 6th, 10th, and just about a year ago and getting something different out of it each time.

and I wouldn't bash any young adult books. To this day I still read and buy books out of that section and I'm rarely disappointed.

and I haven't read "The Diary of Anne Frank" in quite some time...wonder if I'll get anything else out of reading that book...

Anyways some other books I read recently and enjoyed we're Fable Haven, Shogun, and Watchmen.

DeletedUser

By the time I read it I will be wanting to read the first ones again as I'm sure I'll pick up new things out of them.
On the other hand, someone in your intro thread mentioned another series that sounds good, so I may move onto that one.
I'm reading some 'non-series' books while I wait.