churches and clustering

Rudegar

ok, might be a bit down the track yet, but im a church world nub and just hopeing to bounce a few ideas around and get some views from people who have played church worlds before.

usually my aim would be to jump my second village outside the farm zone of my first, or at least significantly enough that i can not interfere with the farming area of my original village... i guess the influence of the church in the game interferes somewhat with my usual modus operandi... what have people who play on church worlds feel, do they usually do the same, rationalising that having uninterfered with farming more important, or do they prefer to make use of the attack bonus from the church and cluster up more?

DeletedUser62294

Where are you at Rudegar? You'll remember me as Igneus Nex on w47 playing as the same name on this world.

DeletedUser

If you plan on nobling villages you must be spread out a bit ,it is best to

noble players, players are not the best farms on this world due to

militia.

A good practice is to demolish your first church , where you go new villages

will be covered and a church can be made in minutes, a level 3 church is

recomended for most other curches.

Clustering is best with the first few villages until you or your tribe enters

battle. Barbarians tend to be safe from my experince latter in the game

There are sometimes massive stacks in villages under attack espically churches

5 to 10+ might be the norm.

If you have 30+ villages you might want to build a new cluster on the noble

limit or if it is peaceful this is because your attacker will have a harder

time.

A recomendation would be dedicated farming if your clusters are big.
*note some barbarians are good villages.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Rudegar, please don't noble barbarians. That would be disappointing..

DeletedUser

It depends on what your goal is if you plan on nobling villages you will have to spread out. It is best to noble players when possible because players are not good farms on this world they are better on worlds with out

militia if you play with out milita players are still better to noble but not as much so for your second village. If you demolish your first church you should be ok no matter where you go level 3 churches are best (often

your enemy will be clustered). The first few villages are best clustered

until you get to a war then you will want to spread out to where your targets are in world 30 I have not found my barbarians are taken after the first part of the world but barbarians do seem to be taken many times

also church worlds often have bigger

stacks because most churches are defensive 5 to 10+ might be a norm. If you only noble barbs then you should be ok with spreading out butneigbours would be mad I dont think you noble barbs however as I know you

from world 18. If you have 30 or

more villages or it is peaceful in your area a new cluster should be developed on the noble limit if there is one. A good idea for church worlds is dedicated villages for farming then trade with your villages (at least two for

church)

I hope this helps you out and others if I think of something else I will post it here and mail you if not posted on this fourm already.

Upon first glance this looked like a well formatted post, upon trying to read it however my brain stabbed me in the eye.

DeletedUser

Its often necassary to noble barbs in a church world.I would noble a barb if it was in the right location.(ie:it would enable me to cover more villages with a single church)

DeletedUser

I agree with you Droppin there is something wrong with my post I will try to fix it I admit I should have spent more time on it.

DeletedUser

What is wrong with nobling barbs?

It depends which barbs you're nobling, and if there's some weak players you could take villages from instead.

But seriously. Barbarians can make some nice targets.

I picked up an account with about 10 villages once... noticed that the tribe was having some serious issues holding new caps thanks to churches. So I simcitied like mad, and capped (i think) 30 villages from the barbarians in about a month. By the end of that month, I'd jumped from like 50k to 250k and had some serious defense. TURTLE POWER! What I did was form clusters of 9 villages, take root in another area that wouldn't impede farming, and repeat the process.

Even without churches, capturing barbarians has its advantages.

DeletedUser

barbarians do not have troops most of the time and do not fight back also players do not maintain fighting skills if they focus on barbarians some are ok especially in peace time.

DeletedUser

ok, might be a bit down the track yet, but im a church world nub and just hopeing to bounce a few ideas around and get some views from people who have played church worlds before.

usually my aim would be to jump my second village outside the farm zone of my first, or at least significantly enough that i can not interfere with the farming area of my original village... i guess the influence of the church in the game interferes somewhat with my usual modus operandi... what have people who play on church worlds feel, do they usually do the same, rationalising that having uninterfered with farming more important, or do they prefer to make use of the attack bonus from the church and cluster up more?
Uh?
First and foremostly, you can be ridiculously spread out in church worlds.
First church is mobile (or was atleast prior v7.0) it means that it can be demolished and rebuilt in like 5 minutes for like 200 each resource in any of your village.
No need to build other churches for quite some time if you are organized enough to use up it's mobility. Once you have built another church, you lose your first churches mobility and can't move it around like that.
Sheesh, you'd think after 2 years with churches this would be common knowledge, but nooo....

EDIT: This was true back in June 09. I'm not sure it is now since i've been away for so long.

DeletedUser

it doesn't matter much whatever your strategy is.. noble far out or not.. jst dont spread yourself out too much thats all..

DeletedUser

I just noble the biggest villages in the area as usual. Then I just noble a barb in a good spot with a decent hq/farm and build a church there. Also I try to spread towards the future players I plan to noble and will sometimes prenoble (3 nobles train) a barb nearby them if there are no good real villages to take. Then just snap them up and take the barb with one noble, build church somewhere, bam. You're in business. With 3k barbs, some will build nice hqs/farms/wh and raxx/stable, just have to pick the right ones.
Obviously prefer to pick off regular villages, but it can be beneficial. I haven't played past 20 villages so I don't know about that stage.

DeletedUser

Uh?
First church is mobile (or was atleast prior v7.0) it means that it can be demolished and rebuilt in like 5 minutes for like 200 each resource in any of your village.
No need to build other churches for quite some time if you are organized enough to use up it's mobility. Once you have built another church, you lose your first churches mobility and can't move it around like that.
Sheesh, you'd think after 2 years with churches this would be common knowledge, but nooo....

EDIT: This was true back in June 09. I'm not sure it is now since i've been away for so long.

I didn't know that you could demolish your first church if done before creating other (normal) churches. Good to know...

But I do want to comment, if I may. You're right that jumping around in a church world is OK, but i would recommend clustering, at least at first. This obviously depends on your tribes strength and your relative location to the core of your tribe, but overall clustering in church worlds pays off dividends. Simply put (and avoiding numerous other details), you want to cover as many villages inside of a church as possible, optimizing the steep cost of farm space for a church village. This is also why lvl 2-3 churches are usually preferred.

I also wonder about your recommendation of simply mobilizing your first church in order to jump clusters. The way you worded it, doesn't this leave your original villages churchless?? Not that this would be detrimental, but it would be extremely risky. Most of the time (but not in 100% of the cases - I would say about 0.1% of my villages in W30 are nonreligious) it's always preferred to have your men fighting at 100% strength.

Lastly, you actually can mobilize your first church once other churches are built. It's no big secret and is used a lot in mid to late world on war frontlines.

As for the question of the thread topic, it is my suggestion to cluster up early on. Again, this may depend on your relative location to your tribes core and how loyal you are to your particular tribe. Say you are far away from them, it may be wise to get a village or two next to the tribes core in the case your first village is nobled. As for barb vs. player - I always think it's best to noble out players, rather than barbs. You must be careful going about this, but from my experiences, it's the way to go. You want to find the optimal pay-off between loss in troops and nobling a village that has been built up for your benefit...usually barbs are low cost in troops, but high cost in build-up. A simple excel spreadsheet can be used to aid in these decisions.

Lastly, there are a few cases I can think of where nobling a bonus barb may be advantageous. There are a few paladin weapons that if one was lucky enough to receive as their first weapon could perhaps nicely complement particular bonus villages (assuming you had that particular bonus village near your first). This is one case where barbs can be a good idea - there are definitely bad, OK, and great ways to use those bonus villages. I have found that almost all of them are best used with special builds or particular village types.

DeletedUser

I have not played a church world either but having just looked at the requirements for a church (lvl 1, 2, 3) I think it would be in the best interest to cluster as much as possible to reduce the number of churches needed.

Uh?

This I was unaware of but is a real good idea.

If a player were not to use this method and noble a village outside of the influence of their first church they would be instantly stunting the effectiveness of that village either way.
If the player decides not to build a church in that village then there troops will be fighting only at 50% of their capabilities
and if they decide to build a church they will be losing out on 5000/7750/12013 farm space depending on the lvl of the church.

Personally I will be nobling within the radius of my first church for my first noble. I don't want to be using any religious 1/2 nukes

DeletedUser

No one wants to comment about my post? Let's have a discussion.

I've only played one church world before. I'm interested in enlightened opinions only of course.

DeletedUser3840

I'd advise you to spread out and not noble the person beside you.

Then again, what else would I say?

DeletedUser

If you demolish your first church

Good luck with that one :lol: Me thinks you will find you can neither demolish nor cat your first church, there be a way of moving it which others may be forthcoming with the method of doing so. Unfortunately not so with me...

It tends to be a necessity once you start expanding into active enemy territory to ensure full strength of the D in villas you are trying to keep :)

DeletedUser

Good luck with that one :lol: Me thinks you will find you can neither demolish nor cat your first church, there be a way of moving it which others may be forthcoming with the method of doing so. Unfortunately not so with me...
Me thinks you are stupid and should leave this thread.

Seriously though, i'm about to rage how ignorant most of the so called 'church experts' posting in this thread are.