Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

1) On your browser go to tools and preferences
2) Go into Advanced click on shortcuts
3) Single click on Opera standard in the Keyboard setup box and duplicate it
4) Rename this new setup My Keyboard Setup
5) Now single click it and go to edit
6) Click Application and then New
7) In the box that shows up type the letter t (use the letter T as there isnt a shortcut that uses this key)
8) Now double click next to this in the blank space and type this EXACTLY as i write it
Click button&Switch to next page
9) Now click ok and it will take you back to the advanced section
10) Make sure that you keyboard setup is highlighted by single clicking it and click

why it still dont work with me ?

DeletedUser

Also, I did search, but came up with 800 pages. Plus I have read support tickets both stating it is legal and illegal. There seems to be a different view depending on the mod.

It's illegal for scripts to do it because scripts also have the ability to gather data from page (which could lead to/allow botting when: eg sniping).

Not to mention that TW can detect (most) scripts but it has no way of proving it's your browser not you pressing the OK button :icon_biggrin:

It's still not allowed however to have other bots/macros which could click the Attack/OK button automatically at a specific time to eg send attacks as you are AFK.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Now onto your other question:

alt+f, loads farming script (1 action)

alt+g, clicks attack (1 action)

alt+h, confirms attack (1 action)

the focus next widget.... method is able to click both the attack and confirm buttons (when pressed twice) with the same key. :icon_wink:

and while it might seem stupid, it's not allowed for it to press the "attack" button but you can make it press Tab + Left click which has exactly the same effect. Unfortunatelly, you have to accomplish this with nothing but your browser (no JS/Plugin/Addon/Ghostmouse etc). Think of it as rebinding your keys rather then making a macro :D

Upvote 0

Subwind

Now onto your other question:

the focus next widget.... method is able to click both the attack and confirm buttons (when pressed twice) with the same key. :icon_wink:

and while it might seem stupid, it's not allowed for it to press the "attack" button but you can make it press Tab + Left click which has exactly the same effect. Unfortunatelly, you have to accomplish this with nothing but your browser (no JS/Plugin/Addon/Ghostmouse etc). Think of it as rebinding your keys rather then making a macro :D

So, Opera shortcuts could be used to perform this action, provided it only performs 1 action?

~Matt

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

So, Opera shortcuts could be used to perform this action, provided it only performs 1 action?

~Matt

Legally, for the game, yes, but they cant detect it, so if you where smart enough, you could have it perform 50 actions and they wouldnt know.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

~Matt

Technically, i am stuck when answering this.

I know the loopholes in the rules better then most ingame staff (and i would dare say know the rules better too...) and i know that they have totaly overlooked things like the opera shortcuts since it really wasn't common knowledge when the banning in w8 FEAR started and a few high ranked people were pushed by yours humbly into start the scripts discussion. It didn't occur to me, Phil, hoodoo nor anyone else who was on discussing it at the time, that a browser can have inbuilt macros that will be useful for TW (mocros is what basically the "shortcuts" are).

If you consider the shortcuts as macros they are illegal.
-
If you consider them scripts Morthy was wrong to allow the new (or even old) T Train as it performs 3 actions (Pressed Tab - Clicks LFM - Presses "2").
-
If you consider them a different 100% legal category, then the mods who answered you were wrong - of course as long as you made it clear you will be using vanilla opera's functions with no additions on top. And not only that since Opera can perform a LOT of things that are close to breaking the rules (simplest example are functions in the Links Panel).

Of course since Morthy is the CM he can make the exception for the T train or rephrase the rule so that it's clearer but this situation IMHO creates a lot of confusion.

SF

PS: As I said, they can't detect it anyhow as long as you don't run it through JavaScript or make a macro that will perform regular clicks (human hand even when clicking regularly - or so you think - has rather large discrepancies in the time between each click, a macro does not unless randomised) so you are rather safe using it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Subwind

-
If you consider them scripts Morthy was wrong to allow the new (or even old) T Train as it performs 3 actions (Pressed Tab - Clicks LFM - Presses "2").
-

Do the rules state 1 game action? That key only performs 1 game action, but more than 1 browser action...?

~Matt

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Do the rules state 1 game action? That key only performs 1 game action, but more than 1 browser action...?

~Matt

Copypaste from rules:
they may not perform more than one action per click. is as broad and ambiguous as you want.

The boundary there is very thin.

For example, if i had a script that would open 50 bookmarks with predefined URLs (for farming etc) is it one action in the browser, or 50 actions ingame? :icon_razz: Doesn't matter, but it is illegal though it doesn't press ANY button ingame. (NB: you can accomplish the same and more using bookmarks or the aforementioned links panel).

On the other hand. Is renaming (timestamping) 100s of incomings with 1 click legal? Yes it is, despite the fact it performs 100s of clicks ingame.

:lol: Anyway, i sent Jon a ticket, and we'll see what he says.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser656

The rules are left fairly ambiguous because attempting to cover every scenario would be near impossible, and would open lots of unintended loopholes. Our view on opera commands is that the t-train is fine, but it can only click the 'send' button once (thus performing one in-game action). This means its fine to have a command that focuses on the button, clicks it and then moves onto the next page or whatever (I'm not really too familiar with the system tbh). Copying/pasting that another 3 times so it does it 4 times, and sends 4 attacks, would be illegal.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Then the majority of the player base makes illegal attacks.

Not so

whilst it may appear that holding down the t button sends 4 attacks what is actually happening is that windows inbuilt key repeat function is sending a series of t presses each single t press sends 1 attack as such its legal

if the t button is configured to click a button more than once then its not legal

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Copying/pasting that another 3 times so it does it 4 times, and sends 4 attacks, would be illegal.

I guess that kills further arguments though...

*I*meaning human, only press the T button once (and hold it down) and it will circle through all the tabs i have opened. :icon_biggrin: hmm.. interesting... while lonestar is right in terms of how the computer registers it, we could now argue whether the rules permit such action since technically for one "click" of human hand the "shortcut" performs multiple, autorefreshing with each new tab, which would be verging on the definition of a macro.

*stops beating down on the already dead horse*

Upvote 0

Subwind

The rules are left fairly ambiguous because attempting to cover every scenario would be near impossible, and would open lots of unintended loopholes. Our view on opera commands is that the t-train is fine, but it can only click the 'send' button once (thus performing one in-game action). This means its fine to have a command that focuses on the button, clicks it and then moves onto the next page or whatever (I'm not really too familiar with the system tbh). Copying/pasting that another 3 times so it does it 4 times, and sends 4 attacks, would be illegal.

What about the "Attack" button on the previous page, as the same coding could be used on this page too. This would be of benefit in sending farming runs from multiple tabs.

~Matt

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

What about the "Attack" button on the previous page, as the same coding could be used on this page too. This would be of benefit in sending farming runs from multiple tabs.

~Matt

exactly same rules apply to the OK and the Attack button (this is what morthy means with the "send" button). You are allowed to have the "shortcut" highlight it and click it and even move to the next tab, but no you can't have a "shortcut" that will click multiple "attack" buttons on different tabs.

PS: Since it seems you like "challenging" the rules, i would advise you to treat everything that has not been explicitly allowed as illegal.

PPS: "coding" anything is illegal as well. You are only allowed to use Operas vanilla functions. No addons or plugins, no coding, no messing with windows registry, no macros. No rewriting the Opera to create a different browser and claiming it has a vanilla function of running your account. Unless by coding you mean setting up the opera shortcut so that it performs one ingame action*, anything you have in mind is illegal. What exactly do you plan to use?

* in that case you better change your wording since it's not coding and just gets everyone confused

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Subwind

exactly same rules apply to the OK and the Attack button (this is what morthy means with the "send" button). You are allowed to have the "shortcut" highlight it and click it and even move to the next tab, but no you can't have a "shortcut" that will click multiple "attack" buttons on different tabs.

PS: Since it seems you like "challenging" the rules, i would advise you to treat everything that has not been explicitly allowed as illegal.

PPS: "coding" anything is illegal as well. You are only allowed to use Operas vanilla functions. No addons or plugins, no coding, no messing with windows registry, no macros. No rewriting the Opera to create a different browser and claiming it has a vanilla function of running your account. Unless by coding you mean setting up the opera shortcut so that it performs one ingame action*, anything you have in mind is illegal. What exactly do you plan to use?

* in that case you better change your wording since it's not coding and just gets everyone confused

I am not challenging the rules and trying to avoid breaking any, so am only asking for final clarification, as there are so many different views on this. Basically, I would like to enhance my farming.

I open 50 tabs, then with 3 shortcut keys I send from each tab in turn.

alt+f loads the farming script into the tab and then moves to the next tab. Click this on all 50

alt+g clicks the attack button and moves to the next tab. Click this on all 50

alt+h clicks the OK button and moves to the next tab. Click this on all 50

Some mods have said this is illegal, some have said it is fine as each shortcut key only performs 1 action.

All functions are performed only with Opera's built in key shortcuts.

Just wanted a once and for all answer from the mods.

~Matt

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

alt+f loads the farming script into the tab and then moves to the next tab. Click this on all 50

alt+g clicks the attack button and moves to the next tab. Click this on all 50

alt+h clicks the OK button and moves to the next tab. Click this on all 50

Hmm... seems perfectly legal*. Part in bold however can be simplified since "Focus next widget&Click button&Switch to next page" part as mentioned above does exactly that and does not need 2 different shortcuts.

I am curious however, how do you plan to make a script run with alt+F ?

*as long as you interpret the rule about adding to quickbar the way it's been interpreted up to this point, ie creating bookmarked scripts =/= mimicing premium

Upvote 0

Subwind

Hmm... seems perfectly legal*. Part in bold however can be simplified since "Focus next widget&Click button&Switch to next page" part as mentioned above does exactly that and does not need 2 different shortcuts.

I am curious however, how do you plan to make a script run with alt+F ?

*as long as you interpret the rule about adding to quickbar the way it's been interpreted up to this point, ie creating bookmarked scripts =/= mimicing premium

TW Farm Report, does not need premium to run. You can use it from a bookmark.

You nickname the bookmark "Farmer", put your TWFR script in the address and in your Opera Shortcut Key for alt f, you have the code Go to Nickname, "Farmer"&Switch to Next Page

This does not mimic Premium, as you do not need premium to use TWFR.*

*I believe this is the case, might need clarification.

~Matt

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Oohh cool i didn't know about that. Thanks. Guess we learn something new every day.

This does seem 100% legal. I am not a member of staff and my word is non-binding but when it comes to scripts I can guarantee you it does not breach any rules. The rule does not actually apply to shortcuts like these.

PS: The reason why i mentioned mimicking, is because rules only state that Premium players are permitted to add approved JavaScript commands to their quick bar. but do not explicitly state that non-premium users are allowed to run scripts from bookmarks. Don't worry about that though since that is common practise and is implied to be legal. :icon_biggrin:

Upvote 0

Subwind

Oohh cool i didn't know about that. Thanks. Guess we learn something new every day.

This does seem 100% legal. I am not a member of staff and my word is non-binding but when it comes to scripts I can guarantee you it does not breach any rules. The rule does not actually apply to shortcuts like these.

PS: The reason why i mentioned mimicking, is because rules only state that Premium players are permitted to add approved JavaScript commands to their quick bar. but do not explicitly state that non-premium users are allowed to run scripts from bookmarks. Don't worry about that though since that is common practise and is implied to be legal. :icon_biggrin:

If you use TWFR, this is potentially THE best way of farming, without a doubt. Once the Mods confirm that it breaks no rules, I will post a guide. I have been waiting months for this to be approved before I can actually start going for it. 600 villages are a pain to farm from now.

~Matt

Upvote 0

A humble player

If you use TWFR, this is potentially THE best way of farming, without a doubt. Once the Mods confirm that it breaks no rules, I will post a guide. I have been waiting months for this to be approved before I can actually start going for it. 600 villages are a pain to farm from now.

~Matt

Does it work?
As far as I'm aware, you will end up sending the same farm run 50 times.
As a matter of fact, I just checked it, and you will end up sending the same farm run 50 times.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.