Declaration of war!

DeletedUser45512

precisely my point if you are so bad nooby dead etc etc then why are you not removing us from your maps?
or are you just trying to get as many people as you can to join your ranks as you cant take their villages??

DeletedUser

Nah, you don't win a war by nobling enemy villages - where on earth did you get that idea?
You just invite them into a better tribe :)

[spoil]
Side 1:
Tribes: *np*, *np*A
Side 2:
Tribes: BoS

Timeframe: Forever

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 8,068
Side 2: 811
Difference: 7,257

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 75,840,121
Side 2: 7,387,898
Difference: 68,452,223

chart

[/spoil]

DeletedUser

Nah, you don't win a war by nobling enemy villages - where on earth did you get that idea?
You just invite them into a better tribe :)

[spoil]
Side 1:
Tribes: *np*, *np*A
Side 2:
Tribes: BoS

Timeframe: Forever

Side 1: 8,068
Side 2: 811
Difference: 7,257

chart

Side 1: 75,840,121
Side 2: 7,387,898
Difference: 68,452,223

chart

[/spoil]

remember that doesn't count the number of players gone barb or the BoK and BoC players!

all you have to do is look at a map in the other thread and see the difference :)

killergoon=-

remember that doesn't count the number of players gone barb or the BoK and BoC players!

all you have to do is look at a map in the other thread and see the difference :)

majority went barb because they couldnt cope with their destruction

DeletedUser

Completely wrong!
All quit because of RL problems. Our nukes had nothing to do with it... you all know it :)

merritt olsen

hey"fred4ever" i didn't realize one of my w18 allies is over here on w17...

DeletedUser45512

hey merrit have you seen bos :D there are a few of us there
me jtk bain jp lol where have you been

DeletedUser45512

Completely wrong!
All quit because of RL problems. Our nukes had nothing to do with it... you all know it :)

both of those points are correct (rl + nukes)

but sheer amounts of unkes are nothing compared to the problems of rl to all but the hardcore players there are no doubts on that ...

merritt olsen

hey merrit have you seen bos :D there are a few of us there
me jtk bain jp lol where have you been

dealing with the traitor on w18 as you know...even though i gained 35 villages on socolofi he managed to take all 10 of my k69 villages...i sent over 500 nukes and 80 noble trains at his k69 strong hold but he managed to dodge almost all of my nukes and he sniped 72 of 80 noble trains...the 8 trains that took villages he quickly retook...seeing as my average time for nukes was over 200 hours (k9 to k69) and my noble trains were 145-250 hours (k29 and k39) by the time all my troops returned home other people took his villages and so i was SOL :(...i ended up losing 2 rankings on the world stats because other big players were much closer than i was...but i think finally the world will end now that their are under 200 enemy villages left..so i now have 700 nobles sitting around doing nothing..

DeletedUser33191

Now 2010 has come to a close, it's worth reflecting on the year's noblings:

Side 1:
Tribes: TITANS, *np*, *np*A
Side 2:
Tribes: BoS, BoC, BoK, MOJO

Timeframe: 01/01/2010 00:00:00 to 31/12/2010 23:59:59

Side 1: 10,586
Side 2: 2,036
Difference: 8,550

chart

Side 1: 99,509,738
Side 2: 19,374,752
Difference: 80,134,986

chart

merritt olsen

Now 2010 has come to a close, it's worth reflecting on the year's noblings:

Side 1:
Tribes: TITANS, *np*, *np*A
Side 2:
Tribes: BoS, BoC, BoK, MOJO

Timeframe: 01/01/2010 00:00:00 to 31/12/2010 23:59:59

Side 1: 10,586
Side 2: 2,036
Difference: 8,550

chart

Side 1: 99,509,738
Side 2: 19,374,752
Difference: 80,134,986

chart

nice :)

alech

Wow I can't believe I really initiated an argument with that comment....

I know for a fact that BoS and it's family was a fighting machine that every single time that it was attacked, and it was always, owned their enemies and not because of their size because we were always being attacked by enough tribes that would outnumber us but still we were better and were winning wars.

Anyway I guess any great tribe can fall apart in a small amount of time, I won't come back to argue just wanted to let you all know that it WAS a great tribe but all great tribes fall apart at some point. Also the inactivity problems in the BH were too big, bigger than any other tribe in this world (I think) and that is why it fell apart in my opinion and I'm not saying our players were inactive, they just left, Including me for real life problems.

I saw here some of the best players and leaders I've seen in this game and also the dedication and loyalty our members had to the tribe was amazing.

I watched BoS killing tribe after tribe and we were always outnumbered and it felt good, just sad you say that is not being great.

Look for stats of BoS before if you don't believe me, I won't bother.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Why inactivity hit BoS so hard was that it struck all of our leaders and key players... I was there,- so I know =) Like said BoS was an awesome tribe, one of the best i have ever been and ive been in quite many.

DeletedUser

Why inactivity hit BoS so hard was that it struck all of our leaders and key players... I was there,- so I know =) Like said BoS was an awesome tribe, one of the best i have ever been and ive been in quite many.

Well, I don't want to argue over which tribe has been hit the most seriously by RL issues, so let's just add my own two cents from my viewpoint. I know that [BA]'s whole leadership structure (but me ;) has changed several times during the years due to several of the best regional leaders or co-leaders facing with RL issues and needing to leave. We've lost the complete K61 leadership during the first two years for maybe 3 times, all but 1 of the original northern leaders, and all of our original southern leaders. Practically every key position has had several owner changes during the years and some were having to leave at quite unfortunate times, such as like in the beginning or the middle of a war against other top tribes directly competing against these leaders' regions or teams.

(Some were being able to rejoin 1-2 years later, which I consider quite an achievement - I mean, that they were actually returning after dealing with their RL problems, even if that lasted longer than a typical player would completely forget this whole game)

That's quite a few opportunities for a single tribe, or whole regions to collapse, but it never happened.

Just a 'recent' example is our southern region, which was losing it's leader just in the days the whole Wisdom war started, with two other key locals turning unavailable due to medical or family crysises on the first week, causing a massive drop in early stats (and land ownage) and normally firing back as a serious morale bash to the remaining members in the region (in this case, only a dozen allied members!). If you remember the initial odds in the K74-94 region, and that it has been completely surrounded by several hostile top tribes (MOJO from north, Wisdom F + Eturg from both west and east, while Wisdom + Eturg have also controlled HALF of the Corridor continents, all-around our spreaded out clusters) you could safely say we should have collapsed there in a matter of weeks and losing the whole region and all the remaining local players due to the sheer time consumption it has caused to them. I know for a fact that several of them have had no weekends, normal sleeping, nor free time at all for months.

All I can see from this that we might have chosen a different way of dealing with these problems and were more efficient in replacing losses or handling them on a way which caused no morale drops or starting a chain reaction. We might have simply worked as a team, and balanced out the main stress factors by helping each others out in our most stressed periods, whether I'm speaking about tagging and dodging 6-8000 incomings for weeks on southern accounts, taking part in organizing a time consuming operation or just keeping up the spirit. That's why I'm highly skeptical about others simply referring to undefeatable external issues, as that's like saying "hey, we failed, but it's not our fault!". I feel it's so easy to simply accuse dire external issues, but truth to be told, if you're having a real team of several dozen players, and that is indeed a community, and not just some players hanging together for some easy benefits, negative effects of external issues can be always minimized, the only trick is to
  • have a community
  • which is interested enough in solving the situation

Failing to build up such a community, in other words, failing to provide your fellow members the environment they are willing to protect even if it takes some "sacrifice" from them is not an external failure, even if it sounds easier to say so. It's not necessarily a leadership failure either (even if they are always responsible for that to an extent), but the failure of the whole team - as a team.

if there are multiple exceptions around, then rather forget those magical external issues. The real issues are almost certainly coming from inside.

EDIT: and just to make it clear; I'm not specifically targeting Brotherhood with this statement, but every single tribe which has ever chose the path of simply pointing to undefeatable external issues instead of realizing their own role in their own fall.

Last edited by a moderator:

alech

Can you change the fact that we won war after war until our key members left?

EDIT: And we were always outnumbered, since it was BoS alone until it became the BH. Always won until those members left, I believe the only thing you can tell me is that BoS failed in prevailing and because of not building that community, even though I don't agree since it's not necessarily true and you can figure that out by yourself I hope since I won't bother arguing about it.

Also when a tribe is so successful that they win war after war while being outnumbered you don't feel the need to build that comunity since it's already built because thats all you need to feel in TW, war and winning, although I do respect what you said since what I remember of [BA] are only good things and you might be right.

Last edited:

DeletedUser92671

some guy said (cant remember who said it, but this is a real quote)

'a man is remembered by how he died, not how he lived'

think he said it about hitler, something to do with him dying underground like a scared rat,
anyways,

this applies here,

no matter how good BoS WAS, it has now died due to inactivity, and the remaining players on the frontline not being strong enough to hold up against *np* or break through the wall of TITANS there.

DeletedUser

Can you change the fact that we won war after war until our key members left?

EDIT: And we were always outnumbered, since it was BoS alone until it became the BH. Always won until those members left, I believe the only thing you can tell me is that BoS failed in prevailing and because of not building that community, even though I don't agree since it's not necessarily true and you can figure that out by yourself I hope since I won't bother arguing about it.

Also when a tribe is so successful that they win war after war while being outnumbered you don't feel the need to build that comunity since it's already built because thats all you need to feel in TW, war and winning, although I do respect what you said since what I remember of [BA] are only good things and you might be right.

Well, I don't know the differences for sure between [BA] and Brotherhood's ways in holding their respective communities together, I can only see and compare the results of the different tribes, and those are speaking quite loudly.

Honestly, I don't really remember any real war BH was fighting and has won against the odds and against other top tribes . Actually, the only wars Brotherhood was having against other top tribes were the CHE war (where they were not being outnumbered) and the current one (which they are very much losing). Stats seems to back this statement since BH's ODA rankings aren't great, to say the least, should be higher for an "always warring and always winning" tribe.

Also when a tribe is so successful that they win war after war while being outnumbered you don't feel the need to build that comunity since it's already built because thats all you need to feel in TW, war and winning,

No offense, but I actually think if this statement correctly displays the Brotherhood's doctrine, that's the shortest and most complete answer about why did they failed as a team - because they were only holding together for easy wins, and once that pattern changed, they had nothing else to keep them together anymore or make them think the tribe worths any serious investments when facing with real challenges.

You know, a community shows it's worth in times of trouble. Actually, the difference between a group of random people wandering at the same place, and a community that the latter is stepping up and making investments to get out of a challenging period alive (and together), while the first disbands when facing with any serious trouble and trying to survive or get over it individually (such as typically jumping ship, getting a low profile and intentionally not participating in anything which could endanger their - temporarily- safe positions, or quitting the game).

Last edited by a moderator:

alech

How can you tell they were easy if you just told me you don't recall any wars where the BH was outnumbered?

When we were fighting CHE!!! we were also fighting other tribes and that happened since the beginning against another tribe in another continent that was bigger.

DeletedUser

How can you tell they were easy if you just told me you don't recall any wars where the BH was outnumbered

That's exactly why I was implying that those "great and successful wars" might be in fact smaller and less great than you remember them, as those just don't seem that great when placing into the context of top tribes and unbalanced odds.

If BH would have hammered down several top tribes, one by one, and/or against the odds, that would be a completely different story. In fact, the first time they have been approached by skilled opponents, they lost their Mojo (then a 'few' months later, they literally lost them again ;).

DeletedUser

MM is just as poetic as ever and always looking after distinguished members/friends/tribe mates.

Keep the wars going everyone and happy belated New Year!

Now back to topic. :)