Should I join a Mass Recruiting Tribe?

DeletedUser

Normally what you should look out for is that the tribe's leader actually bothers to contact you. If this is the case, talk to them and you will possibly find out if he/she has the skills to maintain and lead a tribe. After all, if you're growing well in your area, the choice is totally yours, as tribes from all around your area will come looking for you.

DeletedUser

TBH, as much as mass recruiting gets flamed it has a place and time. Not every tribe can be a premade or has the opportunity to be highly selective of its members from the start.

I dont support the spamming invites with no mail, but recruiting lots of iffy players and training/cutting (which can be a long process) from there can be very successful and often times is the only option for the smaller generally rim tribes.

So just cause a tribe is mass recruiting doesnt mean they are fail, it depends on where they plan on going from there. And sometimes all it takes to set them in the right direction is one experienced player signing up.

DeletedUser83995

TBH, as much as mass recruiting gets flamed it has a place and time. Not every tribe can be a premade or has the opportunity to be highly selective of its members from the start.

I dont support the spamming invites with no mail, but recruiting lots of iffy players and training/cutting (which can be a long process) from there can be very successful and often times is the only option for the smaller generally rim tribes.

So just cause a tribe is mass recruiting doesnt mean they are fail, it depends on where they plan on going from there. And sometimes all it takes to set them in the right direction is one experienced player signing up.

I agree with you but from the sound of it he just randomly got an invite, also by the looks of it they are recruiting alot of players in the same are which is never a good sign for growing reasons. But mass recruiting tribes can be successful if the leader is doing it for teaching purposes and not doing it for "large numbers" as i said in my first post if he's not recruiting for the numbers go ahead and join.

But if they are recruiting for the numbers the tribe was done for before it even started.

DeletedUser65609

My village: (Eijin's Village)

Hey,

I'm a newbie to TW and would be very grateful for any advice people are willing to give me.

How do I play against mass recruiting tribes? I am increasingly surrounded by growing tribes seemingly mass recruiting in a very compact area and I fear I'll just be massively overwhelmed.

Perhaps ideally I would create a small tribe of active players to try and hold our own but like I say I'm a bit of a newb and while I can figure out the TW game mechanic/strategy fairly easily I'm obviously not qualified to lead a tribe of decent players.

Am I worrying too much?

I want to make the most of my high level of activity.

Thanks in advance!
Eijin,

if you are an active player ( and i mean very active) try to find a good tribe with good players, explain that you will be very active and how often you will be online and you would really like to learn some strategy.

this is how i learned how to play, and tribes always need active players

DeletedUser

I agree with you but from the sound of it he just randomly got an invite, also by the looks of it they are recruiting alot of players in the same are which is never a good sign for growing reasons. But mass recruiting tribes can be successful if the leader is doing it for teaching purposes and not doing it for "large numbers" as i said in my first post if he's not recruiting for the numbers go ahead and join.

But if they are recruiting for the numbers the tribe was done for before it even started.

hmm I agree, in my first world where I was playing on the rim I joined a mass recruit but the leader did have some decent experience, and I managed to actually learn a lot of useful and valid info. Mass recruit tribes playing on the core are more likely the ones looking to spam members for points but their are some decent teaching tribes ussually on the rim that can help newish players.