Disgrace to Tribal Wars

DeletedUser

While I no longer play this game, I have taken note of recent occurrences regarding the ending of this world. While many may disagree with the manner in which Apoc/Ba won this world, it is at least a debatable issue and can be seen from both sides. However I think anyone that actually thought about it would agree that the behavior of the TW staff in regard to the closing of this world has been nothing short of despicable.

"Tribal Wars team today at 10:47
Please note that tribe memberships have now been locked. It is no longer possible to leave, disband, or be kicked from a tribe."

This is completely and utterly against the spirit of the game. Even apocalypse should agree with this. So now what? They are just forcing players to play how the admins/mods want? What happened to playing the game how YOU want? Leaving a tribe, creating a tribe, disbanding a tribe, kicking a player from a tribe are all ESSENTIAL elements of this game. To remove this as a feature is to destroy not only the spirit of the game but the game itself.

Shame on the TW staff that made this decision. A true disgrace.

DeletedUser

It's most likely because they have regretted their decision to remove the fixed end date and replace it with 'last red dot'. Nobody is paying premium and thus there has been no profit made at all for at least half of last year. Apoc/BA are incapable of ending the world on their own. If there is internal strife then it is not the place of the admin to remedy this for them. Admins want this world ended asap. It would have been much 'classier' (I use that word loosely here) if the world had just finished as was originally decided back in December with a 4 way hug fest.

DeletedUser45512

i agree fully with you there zurtle it is against the point of the game
but really could you see us kicking any more at that stage of the game

DeletedUser

i agree fully with you there zurtle it is against the point of the game
but really could you see us kicking any more at that stage of the game

Based on reading the other thread, a resounding yes. I could see multiple players leaving or being kicked.

DeletedUser

not flaming or anything but Zurtle were you not part of the big merge in the begining , would really like to know why you all of a sudden went against it

DeletedUser40757

While I no longer play this game, I have taken note of recent occurrences regarding the ending of this world. While many may disagree with the manner in which Apoc/Ba won this world, it is at least a debatable issue and can be seen from both sides. However I think anyone that actually thought about it would agree that the behavior of the TW staff in regard to the closing of this world has been nothing short of despicable.

"Tribal Wars team today at 10:47
Please note that tribe memberships have now been locked. It is no longer possible to leave, disband, or be kicked from a tribe."

This is completely and utterly against the spirit of the game. Even apocalypse should agree with this. So now what? They are just forcing players to play how the admins/mods want? What happened to playing the game how YOU want? Leaving a tribe, creating a tribe, disbanding a tribe, kicking a player from a tribe are all ESSENTIAL elements of this game. To remove this as a feature is to destroy not only the spirit of the game but the game itself.

Shame on the TW staff that made this decision. A true disgrace.

Is it possible that it was to lock in the members of Apoc, more than anything?

The world was pretty much finished, and locking in the tribe members would prevent either:
a) people jumping ship to Apoc to get premium

b)people being booted at the last minute to prevent them from being awarded premium.

PP=money, and people do strange things for money.

Alf Hucker

I agree with Zurtle. A poor decision and a poor end to the world imo. How can you have a game where you can leave or be dismissed from a tribe for 99.9 percent of it and then, when the Admins decide is appropriate, it is changed? I'm also aware that there were many issues within Apoc 1 week prior to this closure (a barb nobling incident would you believe, lol) and, although I'm not suggesting it would have happened, I know there were players that were considering leaving over it.

I also think the decision to only award premium points to the "winning tribe" is also a poor one. If the decision by Tribal Wars was that family tribes/alliances are permitted to be declared the winners of a war how come it says Apoc won the world and neither BA or Apoc-F get any premium points - have they not won as well? The distribution of premium points resulted in the last minute tribe hopping so if Tribal Wars can't afford to give all the remaining players premium points don't give any out (other than for the top 3 point whores, lol), or spread a total number of points between the remaining players in a world to stop this happening in other worlds.

Signing off

Alf

Last edited:

DeletedUser97186

The whole ending was soured for numerous reasons. lots left unsettled and unresolved. Hopefully TW learns from it, because the way it turned out seems to contradict everything about the game.
Shame, since so many spent so much (time and money).

DeletedUser

What I find comical is now that the game is over we keep hearing about how people thought about leaving and so on.

Why did it take so long for you to think about it? Why didn't you do it 6 months ago? You can complain all you want but the world was closed due to inactions on the part of those who are complaining about the way it was done.

Everyone in this world had a chance to abandon ship when Apoc/BA decided to remove Apoc-N. The cowards inside of Apoc who decided to support Socolofi had a chance to join him and fight.

The way I see it is you once again failed to cease the moment like so many others in the past. You had your chance to leave but instead chose to stay.

Stop crying about it and get over it...opportunity only knocks once in a game like this. So far the only ones I see crying a river are people who quit this world and those who were Socolofi loyalists.

DeletedUser

Dude, seriously, give it a rest. Alf only mentioned that people were considering leaving 1 week prior to closing the world. Jinxy only mentioned discontent at the end , unsolved issues. You don't have to come on here calling them names, and accusing them of supporting socolofi. jeeez.Both are entitled to their opinion, they fought valiantly for us, and were instrumental in winning the world. They don't deserve being accused of anything or being called a coward. Who is trolling now?

And you know why people were sour at the end? cause you nobled barbs! A duke! We were all told if we nobled any barbs we would be kicked out, booted, taken down for it. Threatened to not even dare "think"about it. I am/was a duke in F, we kicked people for it, on different occasions. Then, a duke in APOC does it at the end, nobles what, 15-30 barbs in a row (not sure how many were deleted enemies) and the whole tribe goes up in an uproar, in both Apoc and Apoc-F (can't say for BA). Threads started flying in F about why you should be allowed, when we had kicked members for it before. I am guessing you never had eyes to read our forums?

So what did I do as a duke? I mailed you, personal mail, like you kept flaming Friar in the other thread for not doing. I mailed you asking about the barbs. You opened it and did NOT even respond!!?? ever..

Because, as dukes, Jackie and I couldn't give our tribe answers to settle them down and why you shouldn't be kicked, they started asking in the shared forums, as did Friar. Every thread asking about it, at least 4 of them, was deleted!! like wtf? Apoc dukes said it was because we were flaming you, but i opened up a thread asking what happened with the other threads about you nobling barbs, and that got deleted. lol

Anyway, thats why people were very upset at the end. Friar, myself, most of F, and nameless others. You wouldn't give your tribe(s) a reason for your actions. You told me at the end of the game, you would tell me why you did it when the world was over. I asked in the other thread, and you haven't responded to that either..

So leave them be and stop calling them names, calling them out on the forums. The game is over but I will still stick up for their integrity out here if you continue this. And i know you still have some anomosity towards me, so I predict an outlash against me now, cause I was a "refugee" over a year and a half ago, but I am asking you to let it go and just walk away before the ending gets soured anymore.... :(

DeletedUser

Dude, seriously, give it a rest. Alf only mentioned that people were considering leaving 1 week prior to closing the world. Jinxy only mentioned discontent at the end , unsolved issues. You don't have to come on here calling them names, and accusing them of supporting socolofi. jeeez.Both are entitled to their opinion, they fought valiantly for us, and were instrumental in winning the world. They don't deserve being accused of anything or being called a coward. Who is trolling now?

The only ones that are accused of being called cowards are the ones who supported socolofi.

The cowards inside of Apoc who decided to support Socolofi had a chance to join him and fight.

The only one I have accused of supporting Soco was friar and that was not with troops but by calling all of Apoc backstabbers. I can pull that quote from the other thread if needed. I have a feeling you know who was supporting him because the stack he had in K71 was very large....roughly 1 million spears, 40K swords, 40K HC, and more. So tell me they are not cowards for supporting him but not having the guys to leave Apoc. Not only are they cowards but they are also traitors. Instead of leaving on their ideas they chose to hide.

And you know why people were sour at the end? cause you nobled barbs! A duke! We were all told if we nobled any barbs we would be kicked out, booted, taken down for it. Threatened to not even dare "think"about it. I am/was a duke in F, we kicked people for it, on different occasions. Then, a duke in APOC does it at the end, nobles what, 15-30 barbs in a row (not sure how many were deleted enemies) and the whole tribe goes up in an uproar, in both Apoc and Apoc-F (can't say for BA). Threads started flying in F about why you should be allowed, when we had kicked members for it before. I am guessing you never had eyes to read our forums?

I guess you never really read any replies in the forums then. Yes, I very much had eyes in the F forums. I read them all the time. I took 15 barbs in K51. The other barbs all were trains that were out long before smurffat deleted...those were in K61. I took the barbs for a personal goal. I also have allowed people to noble barbs to get what they wanted. Many members asked me to take a barb in a K so they could try and get a village in each K. I told them to go ahead. My luck just happened that Andy went barb and if I would have waited I never would have had to do it. Such is life. If you want to look at when we pushed the barb nobling rule it was when we had over 30K red dots left. Even then under the right circumstances we would allow barb nobling. At the stage of the game we were at there were no red dots that were not claims. There were less than 80 red dots.

So what did I do as a duke? I mailed you, personal mail, like you kept flaming Friar in the other thread for not doing. I mailed you asking about the barbs. You opened it and did NOT even respond!!?? ever..

Because, as dukes, Jackie and I couldn't give our tribe answers to settle them down and why you shouldn't be kicked, they started asking in the shared forums, as did Friar. Every thread asking about it, at least 4 of them, was deleted!! like wtf? Apoc dukes said it was because we were flaming you, but i opened up a thread asking what happened with the other threads about you nobling barbs, and that got deleted. lol

Once again you haven't read message in this forum. Posts were not deleted. They were moved to the archive because instead of acting like grown ups it was childish posts. Instead of asking a simple question it was written in a flaming nature instead of a straight up questions.

The reason I never responded to you was two fold. I seen what you had to say about me in the F forums. I also seen the way you changed over the last few months of the world. I was and to be frank quite bothered by the way you were acting. You were not the same person.

So leave them be and stop calling them names, calling them out on the forums. The game is over but I will still stick up for their integrity out here if you continue this. And i know you still have some anomosity towards me, so I predict an outlash against me now, cause I was a "refugee" over a year and a half ago, but I am asking you to let it go and just walk away before the ending gets soured anymore.... :(

If people want to come on here and call Apoc backstabbers I will not leave them alone. I think what gets me is how many people have complained they were not happy and thought about leaving. If they were not happy then why not have left months ago. We gave people the chance to leave. We gave those in Apoc-N a chance to move to Apoc and be saved.

You under estimate me pool...just like you and others did in the past. I don't need to resort to calling you a refugee. When Jackie said she wanted you I said fine. It went against the agenda of not recruiting that Apoc agreed on but I thought you would be good for Apoc.

Do I question that decisions? No...because jackie said you did a lot for the tribe. What I do question was the change you had at the end of the game. You distanced yourself from jackie. I know the influence others had in the south. All of Apoc leadership seen it and knew who it was.

So in the end and please read this carefully.

The only ones I am calling cowards are those who supported Socolofi. I also have a problem with people talking about how they wanted to leave and never acted on it. The world is over. There is no reason to keep going back and talking about how people wanted to leave. They never acted on it.

In your opinion the world ended on a sour note. In my opinion the world ended the way we wanted. All red dots gone.

DeletedUser

If you weren't calling them out, then fine, sorry. :) I am a big boy and can say it. But your timing was not very good. Posting for them to stop crying, and asking why they didn't leave if they were upset, right after their posts. Lets call it bad timing then..

I still take offence that you "assume" i know who was stacking soco. I sat everyone (with Jackie's help) in F to look for the perpetrators, who were only found to be in APOC. Stop the assumptions, if you have something directly to say, then say it. We were told it would be the one we would least suspect (as jackie worded it). So I could "assume" it was you then, no?

And yes, I started a thread in the shared forum asking why the other threads were deleted (about your barb nobling). No flaming in that one, and it was deleted as well...

I won't go into anymore on the barb nobling, cause we could go back and forth on it forever. Lets just say Jackie was the only one to defend your actions in F, which is why we were looking for a statement directly from you...

And with respect to Jackie saying "I had changed?". I guess I will ask Jackie about that one. I hadn't been as active in the last months of the game, as, like everyone, I was tired of how this ending was dragging and just wanted it over. I came back and bought more PP the last couple of weeks as Jackie requested me to. She told me you had changed as well, but i sure didn't use that excuse to ignore mails you sent to me, did I?

DeletedUser

Timing is never good in a situation like this. I could call them out in 6 months and the timing still would not be good. I have always been someone who spoke what was on my mind at the time. It has served me well through life and this game. Some people don't like to hear it but saying what is on your mind and then working on way to deal with it has served us well in RKN and then in Apoc. At times you need to say nothing and walk away.

My assumption is based off of a chat room I read all the time. Just like I know raraaz took the freeya account over and launched at me. bcruss, baroness janice, and actually nobled yeoldbobo. The point I am making is he deleted instead of fighting us when he had the chance. I was sitting there watching the incoming and moving D. When I went attack back the world was shut down. Yes I know what is being said about me in the chat room. That is also part of the reason for some of my posts.

I know exactly who said what about me in that thread. I read it. As I said I always had eyes in Apoc-F.

There are reasons why I changed. Jackie knows them full well. It has nothing to with in game. It was real life.

I told you already why I didn't respond to your mail. It was better for me at the time for me to let it rest.

Alf Hucker

What I find comical is now that the game is over we keep hearing about how people thought about leaving and so on.

Why did it take so long for you to think about it? Why didn't you do it 6 months ago? You can complain all you want but the world was closed due to inactions on the part of those who are complaining about the way it was done.

Everyone in this world had a chance to abandon ship when Apoc/BA decided to remove Apoc-N. The cowards inside of Apoc who decided to support Socolofi had a chance to join him and fight.

The way I see it is you once again failed to cease the moment like so many others in the past. You had your chance to leave but instead chose to stay.

Stop crying about it and get over it...opportunity only knocks once in a game like this. So far the only ones I see crying a river are people who quit this world and those who were Socolofi loyalists.

I was referring to players objecting to your barb nobling, not the Apoc-N situation, and it was only the actions of some via private mail or skype that prevented departures. The last Apoc-F members heard on the situation was it was going "to be dealt with but these things take time". The only time that was being taken was waiting for the world to close so nothing had to be done. You did yourself no favours with these actions, in the eyes of many, to achieve some personal goal - don't you think other members might have had their own personal goals before the world ended? You abused your position showing disrespect for the remainder of the members - which I believe is similar to what other members (some that were kicked) were told when they nobled a barb.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I was referring to players objecting to your barb nobling, not the Apoc-N situation, and it was only the actions of some via private mail or skype that prevented departures. The last Apoc-F members heard on the situation was it was going "to be dealt with but these things take time". The only time that was being taken was waiting for the world to close so nothing had to be done. You did yourself no favours with these actions, in the eyes of many, to achieve some personal goal - don't you think other members might have had their own personal goals before the world ended? You abused your position showing disrespect for the remainder of the members - which I believe is similar to what other members (some that were kicked) were told when they nobled a barb.

Did you even read anything that was posted above? Here let me help you with this.

I took 15 barbs in K51. The other barbs all were trains that were out long before smurffat deleted...those were in K61. I took the barbs for a personal goal. I also have allowed people to noble barbs to get what they wanted. Many members asked me to take a barb in a K so they could try and get a village in each K. I told them to go ahead. My luck just happened that Andy went barb and if I would have waited I never would have had to do it. Such is life. If you want to look at when we pushed the barb nobling rule it was when we had over 30K red dots left. Even then under the right circumstances we would allow barb nobling. At the stage of the game we were at there were no red dots that were not claims. There were less than 80 red dots.

I let people achieve their goals by taking barbs and have given the go ahead to do it so they could get their goals. They came and asked and I told them to go ahead.

Alf Hucker

Well done on your personal goal, I think some of the players that got kicked had personal goals as well.

Was this allowance of barb-nobling, to achieve personal goals, communicated to the tribes?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Just to give reference from F leadership, no it was not. At one point the green light was given to noble barbs in k59 to get closer to socolofi, to noble him out faster. That was it.

And I remember a duke in F getting very upset that he was not allowed to noble barbs for a personal goal near the end. Almost enough for him to quit.

DeletedUser54047

Well done on your personal goal, I think some of the players that got kicked had personal goals as well.

Was this allowance of barb-nobling, to achieve personal goals, communicated to the tribes?

Just to give reference from F leadership, no it was not. At one point the green light was given to noble barbs in k59 to get closer to socolofi, to noble him out faster. That was it.

And I remember a duke in F getting very upset that he was not allowed to noble barbs for a personal goal near the end. Almost enough for him to quit.

Thanks for the back-up, guys.

If world 18 went on much longer, they could have nicknamed it "Tunisia."

TW was wise to step in and take the keys away from the Dukes.

DeletedUser

Your little buddy got kicked when there were still quite a few red dots left. You threatened to leave Apoc over it. Your fate would have been the same as his if you did.