Official Declaration of War

DeletedUser

Strategy is a subset of skill though. Much like leadership and diplomacy. :3

DeletedUser79621

Now I do not dispute that it would be possible for a casual player to win though a casual player can not have the goal to win. They simply would win if they happened to win and lose if they happened to lose not really preferring one outcome over the other.

You just described me... Seriously, I couldn't care less if I was to win or not. Knowing I got this far in the world and am respected and liked by some of the best players on this world is good enough for me... I won't quit however because I do get some enjoyment from this game and knowing I am in the best tribe on W29.

DeletedUser

Strategy is a subset of skill though. Much like leadership and diplomacy. :3

Skill

- 5 dictionary results
skill

1    /skɪl/ Show Spelled[skil] Show IPA
–noun

1. the ability, coming from one's knowledge, practice, aptitude, etc., to do something well: Carpentry was one of his many skills.

2. competent excellence in performance; expertness; dexterity: The dancers performed with skill.

3. a craft, trade, or job requiring manual dexterity or special training in which a person has competence and experience: the skill of cabinetmaking.

4. Obsolete . understanding; discernment.

5. Obsolete . reason; cause.

strategy

- 4 dictionary results

strat·e·gy /ˈstræt
thinsp.png
ɪ
thinsp.png
dʒi/ Show Spelled[strat-i-jee] Show IPA
–noun, plural -gies.

1. Also, strategics. the science or art of combining and employing the means of war in planning and directing large military movements and operations.

2. the use or an instance of using this science or art.

3. skillful use of a stratagem: The salesperson's strategy was to seem always to agree with the customer.

4. a plan, method, or series of maneuvers or stratagems for obtaining a specific goal or result: a strategy for getting ahead in the world.

I would argue that strategy can be a component of a skill but is in itself not a skill, as a skill is defined as being a combination of knowledge, an activity, and an individuals ability to carry out that activity well.

As to diplomacy I would consider that as yet another strategy but you do have a point with leadership. I actually had not given leadership consideration in my original statement and upon thinking on it, I think I may have stumbled on to a total of four skills that are useful for this game and they are as follows:

1. Leadership
2. Ability to create or edit scripts and tools
3. Ability to interact with those around you
4. Ability to execute a strategy successfully

As to number 4 Sean may have actually had a point and I apologize. Thank you Chesire, and in light of this I would have to change my original statement to include that the actual mechanics of the game play require no skill which was my intended meaning of my original argument, though in hindsight I worded it very poorly.

Kristofski said:
You just described me... Seriously, I couldn't care less if I was to win or not. Knowing I got this far in the world and am respected and liked by some of the best players on this world is good enough for me... I won't quit however because I do get some enjoyment from this game and knowing I am in the best tribe on W29.

I would imagine there are many within *TLA* that could be described as casual players. Slayer however is not one of them through his own words and actions.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No worries I'm just kind of picky on words haha.

I agree with your intended premise then, the game mechanics are very simple to learn and pick up. All it takes is a little reading and anyone could know just as much as I do.

Edit: However, there is a gap, in some facets, like defending, where composure is a key thing. While defending at its face is simple, if you're facing a clever attacker you need to be clever with your defensive movements as well. The players that do not have the composure and let themselves get overwhelmed by the incoming counter and refuse to learn how to deal with it calmly really do end up at least one full tier lower than other players that can do this.

DeletedUser

No worries I'm just kind of picky on words haha.

I agree with your intended premise then, the game mechanics are very simple to learn and pick up. All it takes is a little reading and anyone could know just as much as I do.

No problem, you were right to challenge my original statement because as it stood it was incorrect. I too am picky on words. :)

DeletedUser87372

I also now agree with your intended premise. Sub second trains and sniping, whilst very effective and ensure more stability, do very little in the long term, so long as a player is willing to stick to it. Mikey, considered by many as the best player in W29 often admits himself that he has little skill when it comes to maneuvers, but he uses strategy and planning to bring any enemy to their knees.

DeletedUser62494

casual

cas·u·al /ˈkæʒ
thinsp.png
u
thinsp.png
əl/ Show Spelled[kazh-oo-uh
thinsp.png
l] Show IPA
–adjective

1. happening by chance; fortuitous: a casual meeting.

2. without definite or serious intention; careless or offhand; passing: a casual remark.

3. seeming or tending to be indifferent to what is happening; apathetic; unconcerned: a casual, nonchalant air.

4. appropriate for wear or use on informal occasions; not dressy: casual clothes; casual wear.

5. irregular; occasional: a casual visitor.

6. accidental: a casual mishap.

7. Obsolete . uncertain.

Since you seem to not understand the word there is the actual definition. As you can see your statement about winning is all that matters directly contradicts the very meaning of the word casual. Now I do not dispute that it would be possible for a casual player to win though a casual player can not have the goal to win. They simply would win if they happened to win and lose if they happened to lose not really preferring one outcome over the other. So please learn the meaning of a word before you try to use it in the future.

As to the second part that may sting if I actually had any respect for you what-so-ever but since I don't, your words merely make me laugh.

um....that would be a strategy not a skill Sean. I never said there wasn't any strategy to this game.

Please take the time to read the bolded parts since you seem unable to grasp how a casual player can also desire and intend to win.

This is a game. I play to win. I play in a careless and offhand way because at the end of the night I shut my pc down and sleep just fine.

I guess you are one of those players who became addicted and couldn't sleep. Thus you do not understand casual play.

DeletedUser

Please take the time to read the bolded parts since you seem unable to grasp how a casual player can also desire and intend to win.

This is a game. I play to win. I play in a careless and offhand way because at the end of the night I shut my pc down and sleep just fine.

I guess you are one of those players who became addicted and couldn't sleep. Thus you do not understand casual play.

Bold: Is me :[

DeletedUser

For Rake's sake, I reformatted to lower resolution so no one could notice the obvious performance problems the poor Rakey was experiencing :icon_surprised:

DeletedUser

dont grind! know you have to take villas to turn this around?

Side 1:
Tribes: *TLA*
Side 2:
Tribes: GRIND!, BUMP!, WST, HaHa, MT

Timeframe: Last week

Total conquers:

Side 1: 1,271
Side 2: 494
Difference: 777

chart

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 172
Side 2: 18
Difference: 154

chart

Points value of total conquers:

Side 1: 11,942,330
Side 2: 4,347,941
Difference: 7,594,389

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 1,679,885
Side 2: 170,778
Difference: 1,509,107

chart

DeletedUser

This is an official. Announcement:

*TLA* have started their first phase of crumbling, the group that left were Turks they have decided to start their own mega tribe.

The next group will be " the death squad" then tla will be disbanded by me as soon as sam quits:(

Sorry folks but tla is over

DeletedUser62494

This is an official. Announcement:

*TLA* have started their first phase of crumbling, the group that left were Turks they have decided to start their own mega tribe.

The next group will be " the death squad" then tla will be disbanded by me as soon as sam quits:(

Sorry folks but tla is over

In related news we are proud to announce we in TLA are looking to have a super ODA fest on these worthless curs. Followed by a feeding frenzy on other worthless parisites.

DeletedUser

Whoopp, it's been a long time waiting:) cuyar is gonna love me....

P.s I hope I'm not in the next group:D

DeletedUser

Oh scott...

I SURE AS HELL WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE REST OF ANYONE TAKE ON THE GROUP OF DEATH (ALL OF US THAT ARE STILL AROUND). AND IT WASN'T JUST THE ONE SQUAD. THERE ARE A FEW SELECT OTHERS WITH US. MY GOSH!!! THAT MIGHT ACTUALLY MAKE ME PLAY A BIT. NAH.

wow. was getting nostalgic a bit about the dsl vs tla war. man i miss those days.

NOTICE THE BOLDED PART::: HOW TRUE IT IS:

Sorry folks.. I was at work tonight and When i asked this i did not check back.. Well I Being The graylin guy I am.. I would never ask a question on the world forums unless i have proof first.. lol.. Set

So I asked damage if things where happening inside TLA and Arisen.. he denied it..

So The fact mikey left??

or the fact the thread mikey made before he left and returned was deleted so fast that If you blinked you would have missed it..

But heres a few things a friend in TLA gave me.

you make up your own minds..

my first spoiler will show you the general moral issues within the tribe.. a tribe of total mass recruitment.. i might add..

Spoiler:

Quote:Originally Posted by Simon Yuen
This is what i posted on a thread that got deleted. I've deleted the content that is maybe hurtful to the turtles and people who do not care. this will probably get deleted too. BUT LOOK AT THE MAP AND ASK YOURSELF WHY YOU ARE NOT SENDING TROOPS TO THE FRONTLINES..

i had maybe 1/3 - 1/2 of my villages stacked. a few people from far away sent troops, and i don't mean to disrespect those of you who did...

BUT....

75% OF the support in my villages came from the same group of people. and most were people who were somewhat (OR actually on) on the frontlines. Until that major op against susan and i ... i had MOST of our support out supporting the frontlines and k13 and k23. AND I AM THE FRONTLINE. susan and i ARE THE BUFFER between DSL and the rest of you. I stacked the rest of my villages myself.

I took the brunt of over 400 nukes and at least 200 nobles. susan had more fakes, but she had probably 500 nukes hit and around 100 nobles. Her account lost more than mine, but i can't freakin snipe that many for both accounts while also sleeping, working, and coaching.

Bandit has already told me that they are going to throw together an even BIGGER offensive against me. its no hard feelings, other than i took back the 3 villages she managed to get from me. But when they sent 39trains to 39 villages (and then some nobles to try and noble while i was sniping) and lost MOST OF THEM AND THE NUKES TOO... well that has made me a major target to get rid of. Moral of the story? there is none. I love this tribe, and probably 50% of the people. some i enjoy time with more than the others because they are active on SKYPE and they attack WAR TARGETS and HELP SUPPORT.

I mean, look at the continents in the southwest:

In particular. Look at:

K42
K41
K51
K52
K61
K62
and since they're with NSA bordering:
K63
K53: most all (maybe not the northwest corner) of k53

THOSE MEMBERS AND THEIR VILLAGES SHOULD BE SENDING ALL OF THEIR SUPPORT TO THE FRONTLINES AS THEY HAVE NO FRONTLINES!!!

THIS IS PROBABLY THE LAST GREAT WAR on W29. After this there will be maybe 4 tribes if DSL continues. and NSA will be next on the list. after that there wont be a winner as its hard to noble all these villages in the core and behind. sure you can keep pushing. but THIS IS IT! PEOPLE AWAY FROM THE ACTION NEED TO SUPPORT. PEOPLE AWAY FROM THE ACTION NEED TO BE TAKING VILLAGES ON THE FRONTLINES OR NEAR. THOSE BARBS WOULD BE OK. SOMEONE ASKED MY PERMISSION TO NOBLE SOME BY ME. BY ALL MEANS JUST DO IT. GET UP HERE AND HELP. HELL. I'LL CLEAR AND PRENOBLE SOME OF MINE AND SUSAN'S VILLAGES AND YOU CAN HAVE EM AS LONG AS YOU GET HERE AND HELP.

Once this huge op on me is started... you people need to attack. i'll be drawing most of their offensive fire. Well, probably susan and i both. do i think you all will support? probably not except for the same people... and i'm sending their support home as soon as it arrives. they need theirs as well. IF this is how it is, i'll go back to first person shooter games and get back to my hot little girlfriend and coaching hot HS age volleyball girls.

[player]Simon Yuen[/player] Out

and when i'm out, i guess all you easy village taking vultures can have susan and i's villages

Now that I have shown you that.. deny more and Ill bring out more.. I just wish i had a copy of mikeys goodbye thread..

Oh and another thing damage.. Im not in dsl.. I just wanted to enlighten people as im waiting for the next world to open..

DeletedUser

No one would ever beat the group of death,were all nuke crazy players that dont take shit from anyone.Never ever beaten by anyone and very good friends ingame too boot.

whall0625

Sup ppl just thought I'd check in and see how the war was progressing