Gammy

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Ok i know that C2 r full of game staff but please dont make this look like ur abusing your position and getting threads locked to cover your back... please dont guys, lets discuss like adults the latest events on W16.

Can anyone please show me where discussing other players behaviour is now not allowed?

And can anyone show me where we are not allowed to label a player by his actions in game too?

I can read any TW forums and find accusations of triator and coward and cheat and those threads have not been locked... lets not make an exception here and block the same TW discussion u can find on any other world forum.

If any thread open to discuss the latest big thing to happen in W16 is going to be censored then i can only assume that C2 are in on it and their positions as game staff to stop any discussion of this event. Gammy defecting and faking his departure is completely relevant to gameplay and the TW gaming community. Therefore free to discuss.

We are discussing Gammys actions in game... if hes clutching at straws by crying off to TW staff then he is only reinforcing the current low views on him... he should grow some and face up to his actions instead of hiding behind an invented story and getting TW staff to protect him...

~Ende~

DeletedUser78416

'Gammy' , if that's what you wish to address me by, has done nothing of any of those sorts.

It is a little annoying that I am being lumped into whatever mischief the previous player got himself into, simply because of the account name.

Feel at ease; I am here for one thing and one thing only. Complete wreckage. I could have joined Plight, but after silently gathering some facts and stats, plus listening to rubbish tactics from Plights apparent leaders, I made the choice to do what is best for the gammy account. Dunbop may wish to come back to it if he gets his affairs in order, who knows. All I know is that he made himself a little rinky dink tribe and stayed in it, by himself, for 6 months and never went to either side. His OD stats were flatlined and nothing was happening.

From this point further, if you wish to make claims and accusations about 'gammy', please remember that the new guy is here and nothing from about a week ago I had anything to do with. I don't usually post much, but I am not used to such childish behaviour from people playing a game.

I hope your alliance with Plight is strong Monadia. My nickname on w2 was relentless. When we get around to punishing you for your inconvenient actions against me, you will know why.

My advice to you now, grow and grow big. It won't stop the inevitable, but it should slow it down some.

MichielK

Ende, a few things:

1. Could you list the game staff that's in C² at this time, please? Once you're done, could you please explain to everyone what kind of power you think the W16 blogger wields?

2. If you're really interested in why the thread was closed, ask the mod who closed it. If you feel uncomfortable with that, ask a staff member you know (heck, I'll explain it if you want). However, do it in private. Discussing mod actions publicly is not only against the rules, but you won't get an answer if you do.

3. As a former member of the TW support team, I know a thing or two about how the system works. For example, I know that there are enough checks and balances in the system to prevent favoritism. You may be under the impression that a member of the support team can just get someone to close a thread they don't like, but you're wrong. Not only would it not happen, but the person asking for it would get heavily reprimanded (if not thrown out of the team immediately).

However, it's not the fact that you're wrong that bothers me...it's the fact that you would go out of your way to make false accusations against a group of people who volunteer their time to ensure that everyone else has a safer and more enjoyable TW experience. I may not be part of TW staff anymore, but I still respect the sacrifices they make for the sake of the community as a whole...and so should you.

Frankly, you owe them an apology.

Now, do you really want to discuss Gammy's move to C²? Then discuss it. The immediate ramifications for 4 continents, the long-term effect it'll have on the war, the philosophical reasons behind him joining a tribe which he was on unfriendly terms with in the past, etc...all interesting topics which can lead to perhaps heated but always respectful discussions.

And if you want to just lash out at people randomly...isn't that one of the things you've often derided Gammy for in the past? Something about a pot and a kettle comes to mind.

DeletedUser

MichielK said:
could you please explain to everyone what kind of power you think the W16 blogger wields?

Haha not to nit pick mate, but im the world 40 Blogger :icon_biggrin:

Apart from that, valid points. All arguments are welcome, just keep them within the restrictions of the rules and don't degrade yourselves with insults. The aim of PnP is to make your opponent look the weaker one by pointing out when he dodges the questions and exploiting it; more often than not someone will not answer a question they wish to avoid. The Externals are not a place to slander another, use Skype for that.. :icon_wink:

MichielK

Haha not to nit pick mate, but im the world 40 Blogger :icon_biggrin:

OMG, you could totally get this thread closed :icon_eek:

That's my point though. Compared to Plight, C² has very few people on TW staff. How on earth would favoritism help us?

Apart from that, valid points. All arguments are welcome, just keep them within the restrictions of the rules and don't degrade yourselves with insults. The aim of PnP is to make your opponent look the weaker one by pointing out when he dodges the questions and exploiting it; more often than not someone will not answer a question they wish to avoid. The Externals are not a place to slander another, use Skype for that.. :icon_wink:

I disagree with you on the aim of PnP, but that's a whole different discussion. You're right though that this should be the aim in any discussion you want to win. Nobody ever respected anyone for their excellent slander on the forums, or their impressively fraudulent accusations, or their inability to answer direct questions.

The irony is that the behavior shown by part of the "anti-Gammy" movement is exactly the behavior that caused them to become anti-Gammy to begin with. Emulating the behavior you deride is not the most effective way to claim the moral high ground :icon_wink:

Anyway, to start a discussion that might actually get somewhere...

Side 1:
Players: The gammy 1
Side 2:
Tribes: *MK*, Plight

Timeframe: Last 48 hours

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 71
Side 2: 3
Difference: 68

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 651,660
Side 2: 31,385
Difference: 620,275

chart

Compared to previous "defections" like Kreamer and Robonot, these numbers look a lot worse for Plight. Is the result of Gammy's superior skills and planning? A sign of the slide of quality and coherence in Plight? A temporary glitch? Discuss :)

DeletedUser

'Gammy' , if that's what you wish to address me by, has done nothing of any of those sorts.

It is a little annoying that I am being lumped into whatever mischief the previous player got himself into, simply because of the account name.

Feel at ease; I am here for one thing and one thing only. Complete wreckage. I could have joined Plight, but after silently gathering some facts and stats, plus listening to rubbish tactics from Plights apparent leaders, I made the choice to do what is best for the gammy account. Dunbop may wish to come back to it if he gets his affairs in order, who knows. All I know is that he made himself a little rinky dink tribe and stayed in it, by himself, for 6 months and never went to either side. His OD stats were flatlined and nothing was happening.

From this point further, if you wish to make claims and accusations about 'gammy', please remember that the new guy is here and nothing from about a week ago I had anything to do with. I don't usually post much, but I am not used to such childish behaviour from people playing a game.

I hope your alliance with Plight is strong Monadia. My nickname on w2 was relentless. When we get around to punishing you for your inconvenient actions against me, you will know why.

My advice to you now, grow and grow big. It won't stop the inevitable, but it should slow it down some.

If it looks like Gammy, acts like Gammy, talks like gammy, smells like Gammy... yep its Gammy.

Dude ive duelled u verbally for longer than anyone on here and i know Gammy when i speak to him... u just cant resist posting on here to defend yourself every time, Classic Gammy. U also cant resist insulting me, Classic Gammy. U also cant bring yourself to read back on previous Gammy posts on here and come to the same conclusion every other W16 player came to, the guy is ******, you cant criticise yourself, Classic Gammy. Calling Gammys previous in W16 as 'mischief' is a massive LOL

And MK, i havent been around for a while and i see u r now not staff, i concede i dont know how many of u guys have now quit being staff, but u have had many in your ranks. Even if u have quit the job u guys have very close connections to ingame staff and therefore will have access to influence if u so please to exploit it. I am not directly accusing u personally of any wrong doing but everyone whose played this world will agree that locking a thread which has a subject matter of C2 looking bad is very suspicious... just saying.

We will watch Gammys relentless attempt to defend himself on here until he becomes the most frequent poster, the same as Gammy of old. Keep it coming dude... ur already exposed, just keep up the ridiculous and hilarious posts so we can all keep laughing at your ineptitude :)

DeletedUser

the stats would be expected with the weeks or months of planning gammys had to plan against undefended villages,k67/68 is largely devoid of any defensive troops at the moment and will take time for troops to be pulled back there

The key for us is whether we learn from the mistakes we made with robonot and kreamer,we know what c2's aims are and which villages they will be planning to try and hold,what tactics they will use to try and hold the villages,what things worked for us against kreamer and robonot and what didn't, so ultimately if we fail in the longterm with this it will be our own bad planning

MichielK

And MK, i havent been around for a while and i see u r now not staff, i concede i dont know how many of u guys have now quit being staff, but u have had many in your ranks. Even if u have quit the job u guys have very close connections to ingame staff and therefore will have access to influence if u so please to exploit it. I am not directly accusing u personally of any wrong doing but everyone whose played this world will agree that locking a thread which has a subject matter of C2 looking bad is very suspicious... just saying.

Yes, you've said it twice now. Simply repeating it does not make it more likely, let alone true. I don't care if you accuse me of any wrongdoing (I'm a tribal diplomat, I'm used to it), but it's extremely disrespectful to suggest that Rawr or any other mod would be vulnerable to that sort of pressure. The rules violations in that thread were very clear, and locking it was in fact the most lenient course of action available to the mod. If it were me, I'd be doling out warnings and bans like candy :icon_razz:

If you are still unclear on why the thread was closed, contact the mod who locked the thread and ask them directly. If you don't want to do that, there are at least 7 people in W16 who are or have been a mod and who will have no trouble pointing out the violations. Don't drag it out in public, and don't try to claim favoritism...it's a cheap stunt, and lashing out at others randomly is one of the things you have often accused Gammy of doing.

Also, note that I've tried to actually get the discussion back on topic and within the boundaries of the rules. If you really want to participate in a discussion about this event, what's stopping you? Continuing on this path will simply get another thread locked, infuriate you further, and deny us the chance to try and have a meaningful discussion.

DeletedUser

It was locked because it turned into a spam fest Ende..not my intention but ah well

DeletedUser

It was locked because it turned into a spam fest Ende..not my intention but ah well

Methinks world 16 isnt used to having more than 1 post per week and the second something happens and everyone has something to say about it the mods headspin too much so locking it is in order :icon_wink:

Gammy has always made himself an easy target on these forums for upsetting people through his insults and provocations in the past... its no surprise that his latest 'trick' has provoked the same animosity towards him as everything hes ever done or said in the past...

Im still waiting for him to back up his hot air with some attacks... oh i forgot, Classic Gammy is all mouth... silly me

DeletedUser

MK, about the stats you posted, i still think gammy should be ashamed of himself if he gets less than 100. 10 million points and free, unstacked villages all around him.

BUT SERIOUSLY, THE ONLY WAY GAMMY CAN PROVE HIS INNOCENCE IS TO POST A PICTURE OF HIMSELF. IF HE LOOKS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THEN HES PROVEN NOT GUILTY (ive already asked him in mail and he refused, another tell-tale sign?)

DeletedUser78416

MK, about the stats you posted, i still think gammy should be ashamed of himself if he gets less than 100. 10 million points and free, unstacked villages all around him.

BUT SERIOUSLY, THE ONLY WAY GAMMY CAN PROVE HIS INNOCENCE IS TO POST A PICTURE OF HIMSELF. IF HE LOOKS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THEN HES PROVEN NOT GUILTY (ive already asked him in mail and he refused, another tell-tale sign?)

ok, let me go get a pic of a random buddy of mine i took at a party once and post it...:icon_rolleyes:

What truly is funny, is that...instead of talking about how Im no longer fit to be on the cast of sesame street for my dishonesty, why don't you do something about it.

:icon_cool:

DeletedUser

Theres no way to prove it unless you go in his brain..stop asking for proof guys?

MichielK

You forgot the part about him being almost completely surrounded by enemies, and being free to noble for less than 2 days. Judging by his current rate, he'll hit 100 in no time. Will you compliment him for it when he does?

Of course he refused. He's too busy taking villages off your tribemates. What possible reason could there be for him to actually heed this request? Why on earth would he focus on making friends among his enemies if leaving the question to linger frustrates and irritates (read: distracts) them instead?

This is getting silly. Gammy moved less than two days ago, and is up 73 war conquers already...and you want to focus on his looks? :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

ok, let me go get a pic of a random buddy of mine i took at a party once and post it...:icon_rolleyes:

What truly is funny, is that...instead of talking about how Im no longer fit to be on the cast of sesame street for my dishonesty, why don't you do something about it.

:icon_cool:

Why is anyone even questioning whose playing the Gammy account... its Gammy lol

This last posting is 100% vintage Gammy attempt at a comback using obscure TV references, just like he always did... he couldnt resist the lure of an easy reply, well done alex for such an easy tempter post to get Gammy to reply... Classic Gammy can never resist an easy counter ;)

Gammy ur such an easy opponent... because ur predictable.

DeletedUser78416

Why is anyone even questioning whose playing the Gammy account... its Gammy lol

This last posting is 100% vintage Gammy attempt at a comback using obscure TV references, just like he always did... he couldnt resist the lure of an easy reply, well done alex for such an easy tempter post to get Gammy to reply... Classic Gammy can never resist an easy counter ;)

Gammy ur such an easy opponent... because ur predictable.

Sesame street is not obscure.

If I am such an easy opponent, come on down and take my villages.

Your turn is coming, sit on your high horse for now.

DeletedUser

Sesame street is not obscure.

If I am such an easy opponent, come on down and take my villages.

Your turn is coming, sit on your high horse for now.

Another intentional reference we knew Gammy couldnt resist to post a comeback lol

Oh and topped off with the Classic Gammy threats LMAO

Dude your predictability is your weakness... u just cant keep your hands off that keyboard and stop posting :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

the stats would be expected with the weeks or months of planning gammys had to plan against undefended villages,k67/68 is largely devoid of any defensive troops at the moment and will take time for troops to be pulled back there

The key for us is whether we learn from the mistakes we made with robonot and kreamer,we know what c2's aims are and which villages they will be planning to try and hold,what tactics they will use to try and hold the villages,what things worked for us against kreamer and robonot and what didn't, so ultimately if we fail in the longterm with this it will be our own bad planning

It will indeed be interesting to see how both tribes learned from last time people crossed over. Mistakes were made on both sides, and things may or may not turn out differently this time. Obviously I have my own thoughts, opinions and hopes on this as does pretty much everyone involved (everyone playing W16).

Plight has to recover from so much new frontline territory being opened up at the drop of a hat (so does C²). Also this will be interesting to see what effect it has in parts of the front not near gammy since I assume troops will begin (or already have) moving from the north to the new frontline to help slow gammy and eventually stop him.

Closer at hand, I know that Plight had hopes of regaining lost ground in K56/57 and had begun faking and nuking to this end. Obviously those plans will have to be scrapped or modified in light of recent events (and the failure of their first few attempts). Gammy's joining the carnage will also effect the players near him and may reduce their troops for defense against the normal C² attacks.

One thing is certian, events have been shaken up in W16.

DeletedUser

MichielK said:
You forgot the part about him being almost completely surrounded by enemies, and being free to noble for less than 2 days. Judging by his current rate, he'll hit 100 in no time. Will you compliment him for it when he does?

Well, given that Gammy has Targeted empty villages im hardly surprised although i have to say not to take away from Gammy's thunder that hes not actually attacked someone who can effectively snipe and defend and is used to fighting the Odds. Picking random villages less than 30 minutes away is simply impossible for the defender to try and snipe and recapping options are limited in most cases.

I won't argue the stats show a grim picture for Plight, how about sending that love my way; were getting bored over here with just dodging nukes and waiting for the real thing.. You know i have an "unstacked" border with you, unless your scared of big bad me and my little friends come and play. :icon_wink:

MichielK said:
I disagree with you on the aim of PnP, but that's a whole different discussion

You'll have to catch me on Skype sometime, its been a while since i've had a decent discussion with someone regarding the externals..

MichielK

I missed this comment because it came at the exact time I was writing mine. Good post, and it will indeed be interesting to see if Plight learned from the Kreamer/Robonot situation. In the end, it's the tribe that keeps learning from their mistakes that wins.

Well, given that Gammy has Targeted empty villages im hardly surprised although i have to say not to take away from Gammy's thunder that hes not actually attacked someone who can effectively snipe and defend and is used to fighting the Odds. Picking random villages less than 30 minutes away is simply impossible for the defender to try and snipe and recapping options are limited in most cases.

I won't argue the stats show a grim picture for Plight, how about sending that love my way; were getting bored over here with just dodging nukes and waiting for the real thing.. You know i have an "unstacked" border with you, unless your scared of big bad me and my little friends come and play. :icon_wink:

Bigghorn, Bundybear, Cat Master, DDHV, DillonCaitlin, gn0me, grandecapo, hard feel, hizzy6, Hrvatski Tigar, itsdaram, JonnyFlame, Kaiser Sean, lord ekense, ltdavis2008, Mikebro, montekrizto, Nemam Ime, nascar11, pulac, Pedro Clara, rasher3, ronpaul2008, Runen, Salvkas, Sauroni, Simonbee, SirAndyRoonie, Srce Vatreno, steveuk82, T10tf, TheOniram, TheRedWitch, tigerj, tokic.hr, topher2978, Vukas, and Zvone1979.

That's the 38 players in Plight and *MK* who have lost at least one village to us in the past 10 days. Now, I'm not sure which account you play and whether you're on that list or not...but we're spreading the wealth pretty nicely, and will get to you soon enough :icon_wink:

You'll have to catch me on Skype sometime, its been a while since i've had a decent discussion with someone regarding the externals..

Sounds like fun, as long as I don't end up quoted on the W40 blog (or the W16 forums, for that matter LOL). Drop me a message in-game or by private forum mail :)

Status
Not open for further replies.