Falling Down

DeletedUser

JJJ-Raven-JJJ, I don't envy you. And I would not trade places with you for anything. Here's what you remind me of right now:
20070302fallingdown.jpg

Let me explain. There's a fantastic scene at the end of the movie "Falling Down" where Michael Douglas says incredulously to Robert Duvall, "You mean I'm the bad guy?" You can understand his surprise. What started as a simple act of righteous indignation has, step by step, turned our would-be hero into a villain.

And indeed JJJ-Raven-JJJ and the other founders of ~One~ started with a simple, understandable act of righteous indignation. Innogames pulled a "bait and switch" on its customers by pulling army camps from this world, and ~One~ was formed to bring a quick end to this world in an act of protest. I even agree with the sentiment; removing army camps was a terrible idea. Just as anyone would sympathize with Michael Douglas's character at the outset of "Falling Down".

Step by step, though... gamers, of course, are more familiar with this tragic fall from grace within another story line:
star%20wars%20wallpaper%205.jpg

Yes, an innocent, passionate, loyal, and powerful character is undone by his own passion, loyalty, power, and above all sense of righteousness. Step by step he is transformed from potential hero to ultimate villain. Let's review how we got here.

You have a vast, and powerful army. Except its full of inactives and account sits. You can't actually noble much from those inactive accounts, because eventually they will time out. So like an army of clones, they lob nukes and cats on auto pilot, whenever the account sitter has a spare moment to log in, hoping to pummel the enemy into submission:
arrive9.jpg

At least some of the inactives have left you passwords. This gives you a chance to recruit mercenaries to take over these accounts. Funny thing about mercenaries, though. By and large these are players who are too lazy to play the early stages of this game, nursing an account along from 1 village to 2, from 2 to 20, from 20 to 100, and so on. That's hard work. And tedious. And boring. These guys like jumping into fully developed accounts and bullying people around with their big nukes. The thing about most bullies, though: when someone actually stands up to them, they tend to turn tail and run. Besides, there are other worlds with leaders looking for experienced players to take over big accounts, and maybe on one of those worlds things will be easier, more fun. Mercenaries; you just can't trust 'em:
18563-bigthumbnail.jpg

So you get frustrated. You get angry. And your temper begins to show:

JJJ-Raven-JJJ said:
We cant recruit everyones PA, Pet, or Friend into the tribe. Thats simply not practical. Its time to see the game for what it is...a game that we all want to win.

Time to let go of the PAs, Pets, and friends that are no longer needed and get on with winning this world. No exceptions.

Ive been playing for well over three years and have not yet played a world to the end. I really want to win this world and do it in a time frame so that we can all see the world won and not drag this out for a few more years.

When you allow your PAs, Pets, and friends to grow, we tip the scales in the wrong direction and its counter productive to the goals of this tribe.

If you feel that you have a PA, Pet, or friend that is good enough to be in this tribe, contact me. Please know that they will have to meet the standards for recruitment and Im brutal when looking at players to recruit. I dont want to fill our ranks with players that arent up to standards and will just drag the tribe down.

If your PA, Pet, or friend are not good enough to be in this tribe then its time to cut the apron strings and get on with winning.

Gee, Raven, that doesn't sound very "heroic"? In fact, does this tone remind you of anybody? How about:
Owned-DarthVader.jpg

Not exactly the hero any more, are you? How's it feel to be the villain? And somewhere out there, the resistance continues. They're small. They're outnumbered. They're outgunned. But they are arrogant, pesky, and they just won't go away:
Rebel_Alliance_Unite.gif

Every gamer craves the Epic Win. Personally I've taken about 30,000 incomings since Christmas. I've watched my ODD go from near the bottom of this world to the top 10. And you know what? I've kept growing. I have more villages now than when your storm of death started. My ranking in ODA is higher now than when this war started, and higher than the ODA for most members in ~One~. I have a net gain in villages against ~One~. And my accomplishments are modest compared to those of my tribe mates. Many of them have performed greater feats of arms in this war than I have.

You gave us that gift. We didn't know we could be this epic. We didn't know we could be this heroic. You have pushed us to greater gamer heights than we knew we were capable of. And the best part? From here on out, we really can't fail. You may defeat us, and crush us utterly. But how can we feel bad about that? When this war started, your tribe was 8x our size? Every day we hold out is a victory. Its a no lose situation for us. And who knows? we may outlast you entirely. Wouldn't that be epic?

And you? Look at you now:
DarthVader(Medicom)_03.jpg

Yes, you are powerful. Deadly even. But even if you are successful, you will be considered at best a bully. And there's no guarantee you will succeed. Can you feel it? Can you feel the mask, coming down? Can you hear the "snick" of the clasps locking it in place? Can you hear the rasping echo of your own haggard breath inside the mask?

You have a choice. Give up the sat accounts, send home the mercenaries, disband ~One~, and restore the remaining active accounts to their original, pre-One tribes. Then we can have a fair fight. A fight with honor. And then you can have a chance not just to win, but to prove you are the best. Isn't that what you want? To be acknowledged as the best?

Or you can continue on the path you are on. But is this really who you want to be:
darth-vader-face.jpg

Social Disorder

Seems like a last pull to say now, are you losing, Dpilgrim? Losing the faith mate?

This won't work atleast:

dpilgrim said:
I'm going to be tracking our war performance and publishing some stats about it both here and on our publicly viewable tribal profile. I want to see who is attacking effectively relative to their size. Here's how it works:

* I've added this text to our tribe profile:
See members list:
+ : Weekly attacker (if you bite, they bite back)
- : Weekly slacker (noble them, please; do us all a favor)

* For each week a player makes the "Wall of Shame" they get a "-" next to their name; this will be viewable to other tribes. Alternately, if they have any "+"'s a "+" will cancel a "-"
* To make the Weekly "Wall of Shame" you must:
** Have failed to noble any villages off of ~One~
** Have one of the bottom 5 scores in the tribe when you take your weekly ODA against ~One~ and substract 1/10 of your current points

If you make the Wall of Shame two weeks in a row, you can expect someone on Council to ask to sit your account and see what's going on.

If you make the Wall of Shame three weeks in a row, don't be surprised if you get booted from the tribe.
The Professor 31 on 13.02.2011 at 23:44 Quote
You must not have much to do on Sundays huh!
dpilgrim on 13.02.2011 at 23:48 Quote
Wall of Shame, week ending 2/12:

paparucino -164117
arnaud824 -99470
Amnesia bs -48875
Sparki427 -48962
elmo2000 -15131

You THINK you are a good leader, diplomatic, but in fact, half of your members hate you, and the above is just a nice example of why they do. Perhaps you could threaten all your members the same, not only the big ones so they keep fighting.
And yes Dpilgrim, we are the best, we can beat your full tribe with 7 members, give up, join another world.

SD

DeletedUser94634

Parry! Ripost!

Speak for yourself if you will. You certainly are not speaking for us, SD. We happen to think rather highly of our leadership.

vato loco

(to dpilgrim)
Really? How long did it take you to do that?
i think you should just stop wasting your time and either use that time constructively on you TribalWARS account or just press the delete button......
Also if you thought that was funny, it wasn't it was anything but that, it sorta makes you look pathetic considering you got a tribe to lead your wasting your time on the forums making YET ANOTHER thread b!#ching about ONE, its been a few months and everyone is STILL ranting on about it.....Get over it.....

Signing out VL.

jayjayjay68

lmao,

Too many pics and not very interesting either. I did not even waste my time reading it.

DeletedUser

lol what the hell is that crap.i see a lot of messed up shit is goin on in your head right now dpilgrim

DeletedUser

heh dpilgrim... I for one appreciate your efforts, and thoroughly entertaining... misled? yes, incorrect? yes... but funny - good effort... now get back to seeing how long you can hang out against a VERY loyal and committed tribe all fighting as ~one~

DeletedUser92671

you seriously need a new source of information if your gunna start posting what you know on the publics...

DeletedUser

You gave us that gift. We didn't know we could be this epic. We didn't know we could be this heroic. You have pushed us to greater gamer heights than we knew we were capable of.

Glad we could help. Not personally though as I´m to far away from you.

Then we can have a fair fight. A fight with honor.

Sorry to bring this to you, but it´s a WAR game and WARs are NEVER fair and there is absolutely NOTHING Honorable about it!!!!
Only difference from RL to TW, is that this is a game and you can CHOOSE to play the game upfront without BS.
eg. some players say they wanna be friends just to backstab and noble you when they know you are offline.
But at the end of the day, you can´t really blame anyone how they choose to play the game.

DeletedUser

I'm glad you find it such a achievement in having a stalemate with a few accounts against you in the NorthEast.

It truly amazes me how excited you have got over holding ground in a small corner of this world. No doubt Jay and Raven will have taken great offense to this post as they care so much what you think...

DeletedUser

Guys, I think we need to cool down a bit with our comments.. I don't want Dpil hang himself..

-Snivl

DeletedUser

Wow, that's quite a response, folks. I must have touched a nerve.

To Social Disorder and co: "losing the faith"? Hardly. This is more fun than I knew I could have with Tribal Wars. When I say thanks for that gift, I am being completely sincere.

Can ~One~ win? Its certainly possible. I'm not denying that. But what a hollow victory it would be at this point. "Yeah, we ganged up and bullied a bunch of smaller players; we're cool!" Not.

Is it acceptable for you to win this way? Sure; you haven't broken any rules. Although you're skating on pretty thin ice passing around passwords; good thing Innogames has a financial incentive to look the other way on that sort of thing.

But do you want to win this way? Is this why you're a gamer, so you can bully people around? Really?

For our part, we're quite happy. Every gamer longs to be the triumphant underdog. We get to live that role every day just by continuing to exist on this world. Our tribe has had a typical dose of inactives and semi-actives. But we play on this world with more heart than you will ever know. We fight because this world is our birth right. Every account is played by the player who started on this world. Yes, they're a motley crew with a mix of skills and activity. But they all started on this world and scratched their way up from nothing. Your sat accounts and your mercenaries are an insult to the spirit of the game; you should be ashamed. And if you will stop at nothing to win, then nothing is what you will get; a victory (if you can pull it off) that is empty of meaning. Perhaps you will win; but we will certainly triumph.

Social Disorder

Wow, that's quite a response, folks. I must have touched a nerve.

To Social Disorder and co: "losing the faith"? Hardly. This is more fun than I knew I could have with Tribal Wars. When I say thanks for that gift, I am being completely sincere.

Can ~One~ win? Its certainly possible. I'm not denying that. But what a hollow victory it would be at this point. "Yeah, we ganged up and bullied a bunch of smaller players; we're cool!" Not.

Is it acceptable for you to win this way? Sure; you haven't broken any rules. Although you're skating on pretty thin ice passing around passwords; good thing Innogames has a financial incentive to look the other way on that sort of thing.

But do you want to win this way? Is this why you're a gamer, so you can bully people around? Really?

For our part, we're quite happy. Every gamer longs to be the triumphant underdog. We get to live that role every day just by continuing to exist on this world. Our tribe has had a typical dose of inactives and semi-actives. But we play on this world with more heart than you will ever know. We fight because this world is our birth right. Every account is played by the player who started on this world. Yes, they're a motley crew with a mix of skills and activity. But they all started on this world and scratched their way up from nothing. Your sat accounts and your mercenaries are an insult to the spirit of the game; you should be ashamed. And if you will stop at nothing to win, then nothing is what you will get; a victory (if you can pull it off) that is empty of meaning. Perhaps you will win; but we will certainly triumph.

Neither I bothered to read that, its probably cus I'm "cool" like that

DeletedUser

wait... I have few minutes between the 6 incomings I have

quite an eloborate post, and pretty interesting as well... but it sounds familiar to me... kindof "Braveheart-ish"... we all know what happens to Braveheart.

~One~ cannot win the war of words, and should not even post in the forum any longer. When ~One~ posts anything, we're "bullys, picking on the little guys, arrogant", etc. When LAP posts, it's a "noble cause... fighting for injustice."

There is one common theme you've touched on... you DEFINATELY have more time than us to play this GAME. Congrats on your stats and your growth... and congrats on taking all those villages from "inactives and sat" players.

Fine job you're doing, really, I mean it. Sincerely

DeletedUser

~One~ cannot win the war of words, and should not even post in the forum any longer. When ~One~ posts anything, we're "bullys, picking on the little guys, arrogant", etc. When LAP posts, it's a "noble cause... fighting for injustice."
meh, you signed yourselves to that when you all grouped up. You knew it would happen; it seems you're the only one willing to recognize it though.

Fine job you're doing, really, I mean it. Sincerely
In the words of the great Dr. Horrible "Wow... Sarcasm.. That's original!"

on a side note, i disapprove of some of the LAP posts. Some have been shortsighted or are not very plausible. this was not one of them. It was a good piece of pnp.

Kick your players that are losing villages to LAP if they're so inactive that they don't have time for the game anymore.

DeletedUser

For our part, we're quite happy. Every gamer longs to be the triumphant underdog. We get to live that role every day just by continuing to exist on this world.

There is no achievement in what you have done. You are basically fighting old T.E.C which is half inactive and your are at a stalemate, bravo sir, bravo. You will go down in the history books as one of the best TW players ever:icon_rolleyes:

Moan moan moan about injustice and the amazing job you have done. You think you are incredible at this game but all you have to offer is a one year old world with low activity as your center piece of achievement.

The effort spent on this PnP (which is good by the way even if its incorrect and over-played) makes me wonder what your priorities in life are.....I think you need to take a step back and understand to the majority of us LAP/~One~ and w47 is not that important in the grand scale of things. Players play other more active worlds, look for the challenge on other worlds and we all should have real life to take most of our time. Inactivity has come through boredom yes, nobles are very expensive for players who have outgrown non~One~ accounts in the last years play of w47 and its been tough to noble out everyone successfully as people restart.

However I just think you are taking too much glory in something that by most peoples standards is not a achievement. The moment I feel you are doing something truly remarkable I will be on here apologizing. Until then, wind your neck in son.

DeletedUser

meh, you signed yourselves to that when you all grouped up. You knew it would happen; it seems you're the only one willing to recognize it though. <<< I still can't understand what the issue is... everyone still playing in w47 has a common goal... to win the world. ~One~ is the only tribe who outwardly says so... if LAP were to defeat ~One~, what's the next step? ... I rest my case, you're just not "public" about it.

on a side note, i disapprove of some of the LAP posts. Some have been shortsighted or are not very plausible. this was not one of them. It was a good piece of pnp. <<< Agreed, and posted so.

Kick your players that are losing villages to LAP if they're so inactive that they don't have time for the game anymore.

In my humble opinion, it is far more honorable to keep those "inactive" accounts afloat and try the best to defend them. At the very least, no one can accuse ~One~ of kicking players that are losing. ~One~ doesn't come to the forum spouting off conquers against anyone (almost never anyway). We leave that to others. Yes, we did say we'd "conquer the world", and still intend to see that pledge through. Has it taken longer than thought... I'd say yes. Are we progressing toward the end... I'd say yes.