Anime like it dislike it?

DeletedUser

^ Marry me? :D

You should watch Full Metal Panic if you haven't. Sorta like Code Geass. Elfen Lied sorta stands alone in my anime library. And the rest I can't think of any names off the top of my head.

Anything similar to Code Geass must be watched ! :p

CodeG, DeathN and ElfenL are the best animes ever made

DeletedUser

I used to feel the same barfy, but a few years ago a friend suggested I watched FMA, and I got hooked. I've even started buying series' of some of my favourites. :O

If you haven't watched it already, try Vampire Knight + Vampire Knight Guilty. I've just finished watching it, and it's pretty gripping (mainly Guilty, but you have to watch VK for the storyline, but it's still really good. ;o).

Here's a few I really like:

Fullmetal Alchemist + Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood + the film. :p
Elfen Lied
Death Note
Code Geass
Ergo Proxy
Vampire Knight + Vampire Knight Guilty
Wolf's Rain
Trinity Blood
I do like Bleach and Naruto Shippuden (Naruto too, but only up to ep 100, after that it's just fillers. :|) too, but only the main storyline, so about half the anime. :')

My faves so far are probably FMA, CG, Death Note and Elfen Lied. (y)

I'm actually looking for some new ones to watch... Anyone able to recommend something similar to any of the ones above? ;D

Ergo Proxy is the best one of your list for me, although the other ones were quite good.
If you liked cod geass, you'll surely like Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu.

darkaniken2

Just finished the first season of Vampire Knight. Was good. Hoping to get around to the second season sometime in the next few weeks. :D

DeletedUser

Do you guys order/buy DVD sets of these? They dont come on channels where I live...

DeletedUser

I need a better computer if I were to. Mine lags too much for anything more than a 10-15 minute youtube video

DeletedUser

I would watch them on the internet, but I am spoiled and don't like the low quality, so I get them directly from the fansubbing groups... i gotta have it in at least h.264 720p, a lot of new ones have full 1080p...if your screen has that high a resolution

*I often like some fansubs better than the officially released sub (if there is one)...but I have a conscience so if there is an officially released one, I'll still buy it even if I will only watch the fansub version..to support the industry and all...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Does anyone know where i can watch Final fantasy and from which part to start?

I tried to find it but i failed and there is FF 7 so is there anything before ? because i wanna watch from the beginning :p

darkaniken2

Final Fantasy are games. The only "anime" I know of associated with it is FF7: Advent Children.

DeletedUser

A topic about anime?! Of course I'd return to the forums! I'll just respond later once I catch up on the reading ^_^

/lazy

I'll just respond to posts on this page :p

Does anyone know where i can watch Final fantasy and from which part to start?

I tried to find it but i failed and there is FF 7 so is there anything before ? because i wanna watch from the beginning :p

I never got into watching much of the FF series. I'v seen some but the two sites that I use have FF series. Not sure if they are all the ones you want.

http://www.animedreaming.tv/search.php?searchquery=final+fantasy
http://www.goodanime.net/?s=final+fantasy

One of my favorite mangas has been made into an anime. Beelzebub is the title. A good comedy but I laughed more from reading the manga.

If anyone is looking for a good manga or anime to check out, let me know what kinda genre you are interested in and I should be able to hook you up with a cool series :D

DeletedUser

Thank you :p

I still need some1 to tell me what to wath because there are 5 different FF's :D someone who was really into FF

i watched Advent Children last nite (its 2h long movie) but i feel like its the end and i missed a lot

DeletedUser

I think that's just how they are made. No real ending or continuation :/

For those reading manga, a very very hilarious manwha(Korean manga>>Left to Right) about vampires called Noblesse is a must read! They could make an entire forum on the funny endings to the different chapters xD

Give it a few chapters to kick in with the awesomeness. I noticed that the first few chapters were not as funny and well illustrated compared to the later.

DeletedUser

howl's moving castle, tis I like. And more by Hayao Miyazak.

DeletedUser

I need some good anime to watch over the weekend, all suggestions are welcome

(what im looking for is something similar to Code Geass (my fav) or Death note/Elfen Lied/Final fantasy or Hellsing which is not bad either)

Need something with more episodes, something that will get me into it (something really dramatic, sci fi, psychological...)

darkaniken2

(what im looking for is something similar to Code Geass (my fav) or Death note/Elfen Lied/Final fantasy or Hellsing which is not bad either)

Need something with more episodes, something that will get me into it (something really dramatic, sci fi, psychological...)
Well, this is just a personal suggestion, but I suggest Clannad and Clannad After Story. 23 and 24 episodes respectively if I remember right. However, I'll throw you a warning that no one gave me: It'll tear your soul out. :|

DeletedUser

howl's moving castle, tis I like. And more by Hayao Miyazak.

Hayao Miyazaki :3

I just recently re watched Howl's Moving Castle just because I craved it. Spirited Away and My Neighbor Totoro(my Sig! :3) is another favorite from his work. His recent movie Ponyo was good but IMO did not have the same quality as his previous works.

Sci-Fi and Psychological? Hmmm...I would suggest these

Gantz -Top choice to cover both aspects(Caution: Extremely gory and explicit)
Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Has the SciFi/Horror/Mystery/Psychological aspect(Gory as well)
Paranoia Agent - Has that horror/mystery psychological aspect
Eve no Jikan - Short but sweet SciFi about robots that have the appearance of humans.
Eureka Seven - Good SciFi mecha action
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - My drill will pierce the heavens!!!! :3
Gungrave - Excellent series with similar animation to Hellsing. The maker of Trigun made this series
Trinity Blood - Top favorite for the Vampire SciFi aspect
WitchBlade - Another favorite for SciFi

If you want to read something similar to DeathNote, read Bloody Monday. It's like DN expect there are hacking battles of life and death instead of Notebook battles lol
Well, this is just a personal suggestion, but I suggest Clannad and Clannad After Story. 23 and 24 episodes respectively if I remember right. However, I'll throw you a warning that no one gave me: It'll tear your soul out. :|

Clannad is probably the only anime to have such an emotional impact on me as the viewer. I admit it. I cried a lot in the second season :/

Overall an amazing anime that covers all the aspects. There was great comedy, tragedy, romance, action. Great series!

DeletedUser

Hayao Miyazaki :3

I just recently re watched Howl's Moving Castle just because I craved it. Spirited Away and My Neighbor Totoro(my Sig! :3) is another favorite from his work. His recent movie Ponyo was good but IMO did not have the same quality as his previous works.

Yes, great movies. I'm not a big fan of anime but everything Ive watched by him has been good so far. (Not seen Ponyo)

Afro Samurai is pretty cool to. Both the movie and mini-series. And its American for a change!

DeletedUser

In no particular order

1. Ghost in the shell
2. To Aru Majutsu No Index/To aru Kaguku no railgun
3. Trinity Blood
4. Code Geass

And its well worth, if you havent done so already, watching some stuff by studio Ghibli...

And for pure comedy, though it is a far cry from japanese animation:

Archer