When Will We Close?

• Thread starter ShadowGod Deathwing
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tags

Cough cough.

Easy on the one word posts friends. I wont infract you or warn you for it...but I am sure more than one word is possible?

On the idea of the subject though I can't say for sure but I have no doubt it is far far off from closing.

DeletedUser

Why though? It is like, no one else joining, if anything people are leaving, and the world is dying, if we close registration, halt restarting, and make nobles half priced, we would end this world really quick and still have a large number of points in the winning tribe(s) :p

DeletedUser92753

I dislike the phrase of dying. Its just consolidating.

When it happens, it happens. I'm waiting for someone to join and have them win the world in the most epic way possible. It can still happen :p

DeletedUser

I dislike the phrase of dying. Its just consolidating.

When it happens, it happens. I'm waiting for someone to join and have them win the world in the most epic way possible. It can still happen :p

Lol, I really doubt that will happen :p:lol:

DeletedUser92753

You have to have hope!

Also, what are the
A) conditions to close
B) Perks of closing?

And how close are we to meeting those?

rich26ca

have to have under 1000 players i believe, there is a ratio of leaving players they use. cost of nobles and size of players is at the same point as other worlds i have played and closed. actuallyafter 4 worlds closed now haven't ever really been told what the exact requirements are. maybe our new mod can enlighten us?

mdesjarl

The real answer is that there isn't any set requirements for when a world will close, at least it doesn't have anything to do with the gameplay. I know I know, morthy said some crap about benchmarks, but they haven't paid attention to those benchmarks at all when it come to closing worlds are giving 1/2 price packets. I got $5 that they will just continue to close worlds in order from now on.

rich26ca

ok there is only one set requirement and that is the world has to have less then 1000 people to qualify for 1/2 price nobles. the closing on the the other hand is completely based on how new worlds do more then what old worlds are doing and they close in bunches so there is a good chance that worlds 43-49 will close together.

there is currently

2,399 players on W49 as of Mar.31.2011

DeletedUser27

The real answer is that there isn't any set requirements for when a world will close, at least it doesn't have anything to do with the gameplay. I know I know, morthy said some crap about benchmarks, but they haven't paid attention to those benchmarks at all when it come to closing worlds are giving 1/2 price packets. I got $5 that they will just continue to close worlds in order from now on.

You don't know what the benchmarks are, yet you're convinced they aren't paid attention to ?

OK then, I'll take that bet.

ok there is only one set requirement and that is the world has to have less then 1000 people to qualify for 1/2 price nobles. the closing on the the other hand is completely based on how new worlds do more then what old worlds are doing and they close in bunches so there is a good chance that worlds 43-49 will close together.

there is currently

2,399 players on W49 as of Mar.31.2011

Close in bunches ? How did you jump to that conclusion ?

Closed worlds: 7, 12, 18 & 27. Not exactly a bunch.

With 2.4k players, this world is miles away from even thinking about 1/2 priced nobles, 1/3 priced nobles and close.

I'd hazard a guess at another 2 years, unless all of you quit and hand the world over to me. :p

mdesjarl

You don't know what the benchmarks are, yet you're convinced they aren't paid attention to ?

OK then, I'll take that bet.

This

Originally Posted by Morthy
Closing of worlds

We're also aware that a lot of players are interested in how worlds end or are won and so would like to explain a little more about that.

Stage 1:

Once a world has roughly less than 1000 players, we run a survey to see if players would like half price coins/packets.

Stage 2:

When the world reaches less than 500 players we run a second survey with the option to reduce coin/packet costs further to 1/3rd of the standard cost.

Stage 3:

When a tribe (or family of tribes) reaches between 70% and 80% domination* we will start the endgame phase. This involves closing the world to new registrations (if not already done), preventing players from starting over after being conquered and reducing coin/packet coins to 25% of the standard cost.

We then give the winning tribe three months to either finish by eliminating all opposition and thus end the world early (DNY did this) otherwise the world will be closed and whichever tribe has the most points will be declared the winner. If players wish for a world to continue past the 3 months, the dominating tribe must split up into smaller, warring factions.

We will be starting the end game phase on another world by the end of this month.

* domination - Percentage of player owned villages owned by a tribe.

When they closed w35-w39 only 1 met the first requirement, none met the third

Close in bunches ? How did you jump to that conclusion ?

Closed worlds: 7, 12, 18 & 27. Not exactly a bunch.

http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=226799
http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=223565

hmmm seem like bunches to me.:icon_eek:

With 2.4k players, this world is miles away from even thinking about 1/2 priced nobles, 1/3 priced nobles and close.

I'd hazard a guess at another 2 years, unless all of you quit and hand the world over to me. :p

This is the only half-way intelligent thing you said the entire time.

DeletedUser27

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27

perhaps you missed this part

Perhaps I did, I am rather fragile today. I blame the beer.

My point stands though. Registration closing != Worlds End/Won

Registration closing is time based. Worlds End/Won is based on events in-game.

mdesjarl

I can certainly agree with you there. And your right, its going to be a LONG time before this world closes.

rich26ca

agreed that 1/2 & 1/3 coins have nothing to do with end game, noe does closing registration.

however taking for ever for all this too happen no don't agree... the registration will close earlier then expect as w41 is almost ready to close and it will prob be lumped in there. as well we have 2300 or so players still remaining on average this world losses 300-400 players a month. so that would be some time in the next 4-5 months depending on the averages. so half price coins will prob be here with in the next 5 months. registration will prob be in the next five months and world close well that depends on how long BMF holds out against us. ;P

DeletedUser

We should keep cleaning up the rim, have just us and BMF, that way we will definitely have under a 1000 players (obviously with fragments/bashers included) :p

Oh and on an actual and serious note, we only have 2, 264 players with actual points at the point. The last 80 or so are on 0 points and I guess are deleting (some have been there for days).

Tags

Thread closed, will open if more questions about closing are asked, but all answers and conclusions are here.

Status
Not open for further replies.