Lower noble prices?

waterdrinker

Lol, looks like LIFE are more active here than ingame. Maybe your "leadership" should do something about that.

Good luck guys, you will need it.

From the last 7 days
Rank Tribe Conquered Villages
1 LIFE 1221
2 A.X.X 834

What does that say about your tribe then? :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

thats like nobles at 1/9th of their normal cost :O

if I was on this world I'd love it :lol:

DeletedUser

I have been playing this world since the time your stored packets were associated with individual villages. The time, where you had to use your market to transfer resources to the village, where you wanted to build a noble. Where nobeling 500 villages was a year of active playing and many battles fighting for villages.

Of course we have come a long way, since then. But it annoys me to see any noob, grow 500 villages in less than a month eating abandoned villages. If you really think we are short of nobles, why do you still waste nobles on nobeling yourself when nobeling abandoned villages? Nobles have always been a valuable resource in this game. It is part of the game to use them wisely. It is part of the game, that it "hurts" when you lose villages. That you actually have a setback when you fail at defending yourself. Try to figure out how to send a train where you don't noble yourself. Also try to figure out, what would be your noble/village count now, if you wouldn't have had 1000+ nobles worth of packets sitting idle in your academies.

Having cheaper nobles makes the game more about tussling over entire clusters instead of 1 village at a time. Think of it as macro tribalwars rather that micro tribalwars.

DeletedUser

Having cheaper nobles makes the game more about tussling over entire clusters instead of 1 village at a time. Think of it as macro tribalwars rather that micro tribalwars.

You are absolutely right about what you say.

But my point is, that the current game play, nor the current players are suitable for further reductions in noble prices. Especially not neley, who I remember was offering premium points for anyone who wanted to fix his tech levels or a similar maintenance task. And that was back when he was well under 1000 villages.

I don't lack nobles. I lack time to use them. I lack time to fix my newly acquired villages. Being in the top 10 players, while still being 1500 villages behind ismaild05, I believe it is fair to say that most of the remaining players also lack the time and activity to use their nobles. Neley suggested ~30 nobles a day. 30 captures a day, means 30*20 = 600 wall levels every single day, furthermore it means fixing tech levels in 30 villages, fixing up villages where people don't have stables, don't max out mines or other weird stuff, fixing groups, not to mention actually nobeling the 30 villages. On top of that comes the rest of the daily management tasks like recruiting troops (which takes several minutes waiting for the page to finish loading and moving around the 5 groups of 1000 villages), storing resources (also waiting for page load), not to forget sending out 2000 nukes every two weeks. This of course in "good times", where you don't have several thousand incomings to tag, dodge, etc.

I also think this game is slow paced. But I don't want to spend even more time every day on repetitive tasks in this game :)

DeletedUser

If the villages I am nobling on a daily basis are barbs or inactive LIFE players (away from the front) I frequently neglect them for weeks after nobling them. I get smithies at least to level 1 for everything I need to make, then throw them into the recruiting queue. As I get bored and have time, I slowly sift through the villages, sorting by and tackling the most mangled ones first. I have given up having perfect villages and opted for doing whatever saves me time. Last Christmas break I got a lot of them caught up :)

Even if you don't want to noble more villages/day, it can still be nice to be able to put nobles all over the place to take advantage of any opportunity. It also makes their worth decrease so we don't have to cry when they get nailed in one of our villages while we sleep :)

Just my random thoughts on it, while I continue to noble these barbs :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

I have to admit, ~30 nobles a day is a bitch much, no one would have the time to use those nobles as high que said unless you had coplayers. 10 nobles a day perhaps, but no more, its just overkill. Soon you'd have more nobles than there are villages to take.

As for perfect villages etc, I do economies of scale, noble a lot of villages in a short period of time, and then fix them all as I rebuild all my nobles :)

DeletedUser

Reducing the price of the nobles doesn't guarantee you'll get so many new ones each day... if you are using your troops regularly you may only get half that.

greenmonsta

If nobles were intended to be spammable, they would be much cheaper to start with. The idea behind nobles, especially on packet worlds, is that you use them strategically.

DeletedUser77314

I'm all for a last nobleman cost reduction, and I think at 1/4 price, it would make an ideal balance.

This would grant us a max ratio of 11.52 nobles a day, close to 350 per month. If we are 100 active players left here, then that's 35000 villages a month that can be nobled. Considering the number of total villages and map position of both major tribes, I'm not sure why we should reduce the cost any further.

Remember that 35000 nobles can take over 10% of total villages on W4 in 1 month.

This is valid as long as we have around 100 active players, if numbers crumble, then we should have to revise our position.

DeletedUser

I'm still on the side of decreasing travel/recruit times over lower noble prices.

greenmonsta

What's wrong with that? :icon_biggrin:

W4 was created to be at a set speed, and intended to be played through to the end at that speed. If they change the speed of this world, people will start asking to change the speeds of other worlds. If you wanted to join a faster world, you should have.

waterdrinker

W4 was created to be at a set speed, and intended to be played through to the end at that speed. If they change the speed of this world, people will start asking to change the speeds of other worlds. If you wanted to join a faster world, you should have.

At the time, W4 was the fastest speed available.