[POLL] Tutorials Sub-forum ?

Pick :

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

were not having much tutorials,i prefer not :S,but if there are more tuts id ofcourse be up for it...

Miller d, shak.3.el

You both voted no, can you give me a real reason why you do not think it would be beneficial for the forum ?

DeletedUser

YES YES YES YES YES

I'll post all the tuts n stuff I find

And it doesn't have to be super active... just a resource area

DeletedUser95344

Miller d, shak.3.el

You both voted no, can you give me a real reason why you do not think it would be beneficial for the forum ?

because we dont have much tutorial that are really important except those which are stickied...[not offending any one],Ill vote yes if there are more good tutorial,but for current condition,no its just a waste,and will be more flooding to the gfx forum

DeletedUser

because we dont have much tutorial that are really important except those which are stickied...[not offending any one],Ill vote yes if there are more good tutorial,but for current condition,no its just a waste,and will be more flooding to the gfx forum

How will it flood it?

It'll just tidy it up surely ?

DeletedUser

And bring more activity if anything...

And I haven't posted any of the tutorials I have seen, just because I don't see any space that isn't just in one big thread :p

DeletedUser51929

because we dont have much tutorial that are really important except those which are stickied...

This sums it up. for me aswell.
at first I clicked no.

But after thinking it wouldn't hurt to have a section dedicated for tutorials, I would click yes.
I don't think we desperately need a section for them, though it wouldn't go wrong.

So I'm more of a Yes/No leaning more to the yes, but clicked no before I thought about it properly.

DeletedUser

I just think, in what way will this be bad? How will it degrade our forums having it sectioned, instead of all in one section?

DeletedUser

in that case,im ready to say yes

This sums it up. for me aswell.
at first I clicked no.

But after thinking it wouldn't hurt to have a section dedicated for tutorials, I would click yes.
I don't think we desperately need a section for them, though it wouldn't go wrong.

So I'm more of a Yes/No leaning more to the yes, but clicked no before I thought about it properly.

Two of the three no's can be counted as yes' then ^.^

DeletedUser51929

I feel sorry for the no's, they need some loving to, so I'll keep to my no for thouse reasons :p

DeletedUser

Night Terror

If you are going to vote no, please at least give a reason ¬_¬

DeletedUser

Is there really a need for a "forum" - couldn't you simply make a Tutorial thread, sticky it, then spoiler each tutorial and title it. It'd take up much less room.

I think resources can be done as-well this way. Just Paste all given tutorials & resources into the designated thread. Then you have two threads instead of a massive sub-forum. Which will either become over-clogged and/or under-used.

Then you can untag/delete all other Sticky's on tutorials, making the Graphics section a-lot tidier then it is now. Obviously, if you find this to tedious, or stupid - then I'm happy to accept a sub-forum.

DeletedUser

a) more effort for GE
b) a lot of scrolling
c) confusion for those who are first time viewers

I think the subforum is a better idea..

DeletedUser

a) more effort for GE
b) a lot of scrolling
c) confusion for those who are first time viewers

Well first he'd have to run it by Morthy. With the Sticky's he wouldn't & the amount of tutorials sent in, it'll not be major issue of activity.

Spoiler? So about 40 tuts won't be that long of a scroll and if titled you'll find your one straight away, without opening all.

Confusion for those first time viewers? The title is tutorials - they've got titles on each tutorial. What can you not get about it?

DeletedUser

Well first he'd have to run it by Morthy. With the Sticky's he wouldn't & the amount of tutorials sent in, it'll not be major issue of activity.

Spoiler? So about 40 tuts won't be that long of a scroll and if titled you'll find your one straight away, without opening all.

Confusion for those first time viewers? The title is tutorials - they've got titles on each tutorial. What can you not get about it?
no offence zed, but this doesnt actually invole you, you dont even do graphics

DeletedUser

But If i wanted to add all of my tutorials, then he would have to sticky them, and label them appropriately.

And if you saw 50 tutorials in one thread, spoilered or not, where would you look to find the one you wanted? The titles will just be the same, and the tutorials down the end won't be as used as the one up the top, whereas the better tutorials will constantly get bumped, hence they will rise to the surface.

And yeah, which tutorial to start with on a thread of 50 can be confusing.

nindel

Imo, a subforum would be alot easier to transverse than the tut thread we have now. Especially for new people.

I barely visit the tut thread, but I'd sure check out the sub-forum if something happened cause I'd feel like there'd be more importance placed on tuts than having them all crammed into one thread :/

Status
Not open for further replies.