The end

DeletedUser

Dear forum-dwellers of W21! It has been an absolute pleasure being able to spam, flame, argue, troll, poll, insinuate, laugh, weigh-in, converse, and jostle with you for the past couple of years I have had a forum account. I cannot remember seeing a good-bye thread in here in a while, but please excuse me for creating one for I would feel very incomplete if I were to leave without saying good-bye to you all in the very long-winded way I have of writing. Mainly, thank you all for playing with and against me. To everyone who I've interacted with in here: it has been fun, another element to the enjoyment of this increasingly social game. I know some of you more than others, but nonetheless, I wish all of you the best and please contact me if you want to stay in touch.

But anyway, I am here to announce that...

On July 12, 2011 at 12:11 ST californiacob surrendered to the PnP forces amassed outside his villages.

To his enemies he writes:
PnP, you have fought a better match during this war and it shows in way of your points, size, and strength. It has been moderately entertaining to fight you and I doubt that I would ever be able to defeat you at this time, especially since there are now five of you attacking me (hawk1970, ewty, hellbros, lilairen, and Cottonwood). In 2009 I distinctly remember PnP (then PuFFiN) being upset about being gang-banged by 47Ron and TESB and some other tribe who's name I forget. Well, I cannot say this is a gang-bang, but surely 5 vs. 1 is not a fair encounter. Of course, the encounter in and of itself has been in the process of being set-up now for almost 3 years. Yes, that's when I first entered this world as a "newby" - I believe the date was August 27th, 2008. Back then, I fought the likes of Pubulator and even Baton Rogues of Dr. NO. Those were really great times and I cannot remember having enjoyed myself during warfare as much as I did then, even though I was sweating like any newby should in his first days of real full-out combat. And nearly 3 years later, I must admit that it is my fault for losing. I could have prevented it, but I had to be a stubborn arse and keep going my own way. I had a chance to join Dr. NO way back when I was in SWIFT if you did not already know that, but I chose to fight the uphill battle for the sake of friendship and fun. I would make the same choice over and over and am glad that I did make it.

PnP, you have fought brilliantly and today I commend you and your forces in mass. However, there is much left to be said in this world. It isn't quite over yet, though ~IMP~ is falling quickly and you guys obviously have the upper hand. I have been observing the movements of your friends who have been attacking me and I cannot say that I'm impressed by anything they have shown me. In fact, the five players who are now attacking me have not been able to send very proper reinforcements with their nukes and nobles. I would expect more from members of the number 1 tribe in this world and am truly sorry to have been defeated by such lesser players than myself. It is unfortunate that I'm not active, nor do not have the type of backing that these five players have and although they are not as strong in their technique as I believe I am, I must commend them for their efforts because, after all, I am the one surrendering to them. They have won through diplomacy and positioning, situation and circumstance and it is my honor to congratulate you on this, however small an achievement conquering me might seem.

Please realize that whatever I have said in this game and in the external forums is strictly game-related and in no way do I mean to personally insult you. As players of the same game, Tribal Wars, it shall always be our duty to respect each other as best we can outside the game and once victory and defeat is reached even if we have spent every moment of our time playing fighting each other ceaselessly. Tribal Wars is our commonality and something we should rally around while outside the game.

Congratulations again and I wish you good luck in real life and an enjoyable time in the game itself. Do not forget your honor and your character. They are what define us and will define the color of your victory, if achieved. Make the choices which lead you to your goals and always follow your gut. My goal was to have fun and if your goal is to win, I cannot blame you. You should continue to follow that goal.

Sincerely,
californiacob

To his friends he writes:
CD, {F-6} F., SWIFT F., IT!, and ~IMP~, it has been a pleasure being apart of every one of you as tribes. You guys have all been the greatest tribemates I could ever have had. It's been such a great time playing with you all ever since we all first started. I would like to thank you all for your support and being there when I always needed a hand with this or that, even just having a small conversation. Especially when we were all plotting our wars and our tactics against Dr. NO and BnE and {L} and even way back when we were fighting for our lives in K42! Wow, that was fun now that I think back to it. Those times in SWIFT when we were all battling it out was simply the best time I had in here and getting to know all of you so closely as friends and tribemates was really awesome.

Now you guys are at a crossroads again. Another momentous event is occurring and it is fully still up to you to see to it that things do not go to heck like they seem to be inevitably doing. Make the most of the situation like jen said and have the fun time that you wish to have. Although I cannot say this has been my most proud or fun moment myself, at least I have turned it into a learning experience. Remember that to be strong, you must first be weak. Do not let my going discourage you. Instead, please use it as a way of forming your own interpretation of the events which have transpired on this world and use it to decide what you would like to do next. If you choose to quit like me, I fully understand, but I hope that you will formulate your own plan free of any one perspective (like mine) on things.

Moving on, I'd like to give a special thanks to all my closest friends who mentored and played valiantly alongside me while always remaining true, loyal, all-around guys dedicated to making a splash and pulling the upset! Jbibble, ROTTIEFURY, UKWildcat, geturdone, yourworstfear, jen101, alexis73, emaNehT, OEYSPS, killalottaclan, bantom1, Speere, (original) mtupper, [player]The Black Legion, Dekker93, Debbie0959, AdelaideSpellguard, Krausfield (RIP my friend, if you are watching), globety1, Nicksta195 and the W42 crew, and countless others who I cannot remember at this time. I wish all of you great luck, happiness, and well-being in your futures.

If you want to have a chat, we can do so through the external forums private messaging. You will probably find me still talking in the W21 threads long after my account has been deleted as well. Please email me at frei.jacob@yahoo.com if you are interested in finding me on facebook or just talking. Just fyi, this will be my final world. It has where Tribal Wars started for me and it will be where it ends for me. My first ever village lies at 224|394 and unfortunately I have lost it. Get it back for me guys! I must end my journey here.

Tribal Wars has been a large part of my life the past few years as you full well know and it is simply time that I say good-bye to you all in here. I will not forget all the moments we have shared, no matter how much tech there has been between us. If you wish to keep in contact with me, I will most willingly accept your outstretched hand.

Thanks to all of you. :) Sincerely,
californiacob

Good-bye W21. The sun is finally setting today. :icon_cool:

THE END...

DeletedUser

Good bye mate. All the best with your life.

And now, for the obligatory explanatory notes:

1) PuFFiN did not whine about being gang-banged. One part of it was politics, one part is due to the fact that CRayn despite having worked with PuFFiN in the past against SRWS, orchestrated a fake war with TESB (I think it was TESB already at that time - correct me if I'm wrong), and switched sides and started the gang-bang. That, my friend, was a stab in the back. There's a distinct difference.

2) You criticize the skills of your attackers but you failed to see one thing: At this stage, we can afford to be lazy. We spent 2 years being not lazy. Now we have overwhelming force. So yeah, you can laugh if we don't time in defense after our trains or something. The fact is, even without that we will defeat you by overwhelming force, which we just did. Its called the fruits of our past labor. We worked hard to get to this stage so now we want to be lazy.

scarlet ash

Firstly I wish you the best off luck in real life and I'll still miss you :D.

Now secondly...

PnP, you have fought a better match during this war and it shows in way of your points, size, and strength. It has been moderately entertaining to fight you and I doubt that I would ever be able to defeat you at this time, especially since there are now five of you attacking me (hawk1970, ewty, hellbros, lilairen, and Cottonwood). In 2009 I distinctly remember PnP (then PuFFiN) being upset about being gang-banged by 47Ron and TESB and some other tribe who's name I forget. Well, I cannot say this is a gang-bang, but surely 5 vs. 1 is not a fair encounter. Of course, the encounter in and of itself has been in the process of being set-up now for almost 3 years. Yes, that's when I first entered this world as a "newby" - I believe the date was August 27th, 2008. Back then, I fought the likes of Pubulator and even Baton Rogues of Dr. NO. Those were really great times and I cannot remember having enjoyed myself during warfare as much as I did then, even though I was sweating like any newby should in his first days of real full-out combat. And nearly 3 years later, I must admit that it is my fault for losing. I could have prevented it, but I had to be a stubborn arse and keep going my own way. I had a chance to join Dr. NO way back when I was in SWIFT if you did not already know that, but I chose to fight the uphill battle for the sake of friendship and fun. I would make the same choice over and over and am glad that I did make it.

PnP, you have fought brilliantly and today I commend you and your forces in mass. However, there is much left to be said in this world. It isn't quite over yet, though ~IMP~ is falling quickly and you guys obviously have the upper hand. I have been observing the movements of your friends who have been attacking me and I cannot say that I'm impressed by anything they have shown me. In fact, the five players who are now attacking me have not been able to send very proper reinforcements with their nukes and nobles. I would expect more from members of the number 1 tribe in this world and am truly sorry to have been defeated by such lesser players than myself. It is unfortunate that I'm not active, nor do not have the type of backing that these five players have and although they are not as strong in their technique as I believe I am, I must commend them for their efforts because, after all, I am the one surrendering to them. They have won through diplomacy and positioning, situation and circumstance and it is my honor to congratulate you on this, however small an achievement conquering me might seem.
This world is past the point of requiring skill in technique and technique is now a waste of time really when you can just blanket bomb and easy noble. It's the more intelligent thing to do and should not be used to judge a players maximum skill in technique. Im positive that most if not every PnP member can use technique when required. It simply isn't required anymore :3.

Please realize that whatever I have said in this game and in the external forums is strictly game-related and in no way do I mean to personally insult you. As players of the same game, Tribal Wars, it shall always be our duty to respect each other as best we can outside the game and once victory and defeat is reached even if we have spent every moment of our time playing fighting each other ceaselessly. Tribal Wars is our commonality and something we should rally around while outside the game.

Same for me ^_^.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I go along with this:

Im positive that most if not every PnP member can use technique when required. It simply isn't required anymore :3.

The gangbang I can tell you all it was a shock when it happened as a small tribe with a good 70% of our D & many nukes heading east in the middle of a war to then get attacks from 2 other sides is not a nice feeling to have.
My idea was to block posting in the mains until we sorted ourselves out giving the enemy nothing to feed off or boost the desire to attack while we sorted sitting moved troops where urgently needed.
Then as well as attacks back in game we sent a full on attack to the mains with good bye / delete threads plus how unjust this war was.

The posts you never read are the ones when I told the Duke of CRyan he was a fool not so much for trying to take us out the game more for the fact that pushing all tribes against us would kill the server no matter which side won. His reasoning was that at some point we would attack so it may as well be now :)

The war did change what we had planned to do in this world & helped us greatly by killing off the rest of the core, before that war we always were going to lockdown the east before even thinking of a push north or west. As you can see via the map that now never happened. Plus the merge with ARG! really stopped the last chance of taking that area.

californiacob @ As for seeing you leave I have enjoyed your posts over the years in this forum & when you went missing you did leave a gap in the world forum that was never filled. I enjoy reading every post which has been made with some effort even if I do not agree with it.

Take care have fun
Busa

DeletedUser

I hope you live a long and happy life :)
Im too tired to read all of what you said right now, so that will do for now :)

DeletedUser84906

I may quit too one of these days, but cba to make a thread about it :) If you dont see me again, cya <3

P.s - Dont tell henny i just said that :S

DeletedUser

I still occasionally have to put in effort here. I hear you have been a worthy foe, I am disappointed I was unable to meet you on the battlefield. Enjoy your return to the real world!

DeletedUser

I like how he said "I'm getting owned by people who aren't as good as I am, so I quit".

Or something to that effect.

Beat it punk!:icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Yeah, you're all pretty much right. It occurred to me yesterday when Hellbros sent me a message. She said I was the only one fighting back :icon_eek:
hellbros on 13.07. at 03:00
sorry to see you go so soon. you have been the only one that actually fought back. it has been fun.. good luck in whatever you seek in life mate...

good game
So, I guess you guys can afford to be lazy and there isn't much to prod you in the direction of being more urgent in your attempts to eliminate the last players. But that leads me to something that I've learned about this game: it's that this is as much of a waiting game as it's a strategical game. You must be resilient and persevere if you want to succeed. But then again, you have to want to succeed really bad in the first place.

I do not wish to make this thread into an argument, so please don't guys. Thanks Backwards, Scarlet Ash, and Busa for your kind words. You're all right about the skill thing. It just really sucks losing after all this. Though, I'm glad my road has ended.

I'll keep in mind amm, once I get my skype back. Mefisto, who's henny? lol. Stec, thanks as well. Benolds I know, I write far too much. Midnight, you're the one I respect most on here I hope you already know. Our conversations I remember always being the most engaging. Take care over there in down under land. And yes shtall, I am an addict. I'm happy though that this is what I got "on" the past few years. Drugs really f you up and I have no intention of anymore games. They're really just as bad in a non-permanent way. However, I must admit this game will leave a lasting mark on me for better reasons and if it's one thing I want to remember it's getting to play with all of you. I thank you all so very much for this chance.

DeletedUser

Oh.... And speaking of addiction, here's something you sort of have to read to understand me and my philosophy. No, I'm not making fun of it, though it does sound pretty funny (especially the Seinfeld episode about it). In fact, I believe if we followed it in EVERYTHING, we'd be much better people. Just replace the word "addiction" with "life" and "God" with "nature", and that pretty much sums things up. Gah, I'm running the risk of sounding like a tribal hugs veteran.

The 12 Steps

Step 1 - We admitted we were powerless over our addiction - that our lives had become unmanageable
Step 2 - Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity
Step 3 - Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood God
Step 4 - Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves
Step 5 - Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs
Step 6 - Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character
Step 7 - Humbly asked God to remove our shortcomings
Step 8 - Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all
Step 9 - Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others
Step 10 - Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it
Step 11 - Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood God, praying only for knowledge of God's will for us and the power to carry that out
Step 12 - Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs
http://www.12step.org/
Sorry, of topic. Good-bye again.

DeletedUser

I like how he said "I'm getting owned by people who aren't as good as I am, so I quit".

Or something to that effect.

Beat it punk!:icon_rolleyes:

+1 midnight....

(now lets not make a habit out
of this argeeing with each other) :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser80610

Didn't read much of the text blocks but g'luck in life cob,gg bro.

DeletedUser

Ya we had some fun times, didn't we Cali;) I remember our first real intro years ago when I was just another little nobody, didn't lead ( oh those were the days, haha) and I told you when we were planing out a war, "I'd meet you in the middle" lol I think we actually ended up doing that down the road a bit:)

I know we've talked already but I'll say it again, I'll miss you dearly my friend:icon_sad:

I'll keep in touch though:icon_wink:

DeletedUser

This world is past the point of requiring skill in technique and technique is now a waste of time really when you can just blanket bomb and easy noble. It's the more intelligent thing to do and should not be used to judge a players maximum skill in technique. Im positive that most if not every PnP member can use technique when required. It simply isn't required anymore :3.

Ya I have to agree with you here scarlet:icon_neutral:

During the days of NO there was actual skill being played, players had to really think about what they were going to do and how they were going to do it and take the time to plan things out and even in the first stages of the PnP war with ~IMP~ I saw some guys using their skills to actually really play the game, boy those were the days and how I miss them:icon_cry:

Now it's just masses, that's it and in my opinion, half problem with W21 these days and why alot of guys just can't be bothered to play:icon_rolleyes: The exciting fun days are gone and now players just send out waves of nukes and fakes knowing/hoping that sooner or later their foe will run out of troops and then casually stroll though with nobles after the mass bombardment:(

Don't get me wrong, I really can't blame players in PnP for doing it that way, it is easier but it has to be almost as boring for them as well, I mean marking thousands of incoming is boring and if your fast at it it doesn't take long but I can tell you sending thousands out and sitting around picking your noses waiting to send in a quick light train, isn't a ton of fun either but maybe that's just me?

Meh, Ok enough with the poopy faces, I've never been much for whining or complaining:) The world is what it is, what can you do but press forward, keep your chin up and try to make it as fun as we can, right:icon_wink:

I'll try and keep you updated Cali if you don't pop in here and there:)

DeletedUser

Now it's just masses, that's it and in my opinion, half problem with W21 these days and why alot of guys just can't be bothered to play:icon_rolleyes: The exciting fun days are gone and now players just send out waves of nukes and fakes knowing/hoping that sooner or later their foe will run out of troops and then casually stroll though with nobles after the mass bombardment:(

Don't get me wrong, I really can't blame players in PnP for doing it that way, it is easier but it has to be almost as boring for them as well, I mean marking thousands of incoming is boring and if your fast at it it doesn't take long but I can tell you sending thousands out and sitting around picking your noses waiting to send in a quick light train, isn't a ton of fun either but maybe that's just me?

Meh, Ok enough with the poopy faces, I've never been much for whining or complaining:)

Yeah Jen I know where you're coming from, hunny - it was like that for me from several IT! players - waves of nukes and fakes for over a month, I counted 273 dead nukes that they lost........ it was likely to be much more than that but as my reports now only exist from 30th June a true figure can't be given.

All my appreciation and utmost love goes to Panda and those I had sitting my account in my absence for their dedicated and unbegrudged support <3

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
To be honest W21 has never been that good for wars some of the older worlds prior to scripts / fast trains & opera made the game better by far.

The accounts did not grow as large back then either I think maybe in part that you never really won wars just kept fighting loosing a few villages gaining a few for months at a time.

Just think how fast you would grow if you had to still move resources to a village to make nobles none of this mass bank stuff that is around now. (That's why you can make L25 markets if you did not know the reason why its so high)

DeletedUser

Yeah Jen I know where you're coming from, hunny - it was like that for me from several IT! players - waves of nukes and fakes for over a month, I counted 273 dead nukes that they lost........ it was likely to be much more than that but as my reports now only exist from 30th June a true figure can't be given.

All my appreciation and utmost love goes to Panda and those I had sitting my account in my absence for their dedicated and unbegrudged support <3

All these PnP players just for little old me, You guys know I'm only a 7mil account right??? haha
Cal I think I beat your 5 players hitting you:icon_cry: lol Meh it's all in good fun;)

Ya the guys/girls in Panda! are a good group of people;)

DeletedUser

Don't get me wrong, I really can't blame players in PnP for doing it that way, it is easier but it has to be almost as boring for them...but I can tell you sending thousands out and sitting around picking your noses waiting to send in a quick light train, isn't a ton of fun either but maybe that's just me?

Nope, it's not boring. I think sending out thousands--fakes, mass nuking, random nukes, nobling--it's all a ton of fun to me.