Basic Rules/Questions - Q&A

DeletedUser

Really? Did you READ the link I posted? Did you play the video of Obama that was contained in it? Was all that just a slip of the tongue?

Not trying to go too far off-topic, but how is 8/10 slip of the tongues, not "most"? I didn't say "all" I said most, and then in-fact went on to say how sometimes it is used intentionally. The reason I brought up the "slip of the tounge" is because most of the ones in the link you posted were slip of the tounges, and my point was that most of the time (but not all) it is not intentional, and they don't "write" it in, Churchill wasn't the most polite guy alot of the time but in his "we shall fight on the beaches" speech I don't remember him going "wtf gtfo we gonna pwn u." Or other such antics.

That's the kind of thing you see on facebook, not politics. Although having said that, sometimes the posts on here don't differ much anymore from facebook spam. What a world it would be, to have real PnP.

As for the acronyms, an easy solution to avoid possible infractions, is to spend the extra 5 seconds writing out the 2-5 word phrase. If you are writing a block post anyway (which I see alot of people use acronyms when writing essay-like posts and find it odd) another couple of words isn't going to hurt.

I am nearly 18 (a month off) and I personally don't wish to read the over-use of it. Ironically it's in place for the children, but it's usually the kids who want to swear and the older ones who don't.

DeletedUser

I'd highly suggest to anyone who wants to attempt to simply discuss the rules in here, and not ask for clarification on them, that you not post here :). The rules are rules for a reason, and simply posting opinions, if not disruptive in and of itself, can cause numerous unneeded arguments that do not relate to the world, and can cause disruptions in the community :). The rules are the rules, they will not be changed by discussions here with me, only clarified.

Sorry chief.

DeletedUser

Anyone looking for reasoning behind a rule is welcome to PM me about it. If you're looking to fully discuss and present an alternative wording or improvement to a rule, then please post in the Forum Moderation Discussion Forum. Again, if you post there, and you feel that your thread has been unfairly left moderated (invisible), then feel free to PM me to make a case for it.

DeletedUser

Gah, I believe I misread something that lead me to believe I shouldn't allow the word "bitch" if it's not being used in a RL context. It's back to how it was before. I apologize for the confusion.

DeletedUser

Gah, I believe I misread something that lead me to believe I shouldn't allow the word "bitch" if it's not being used in a RL context. It's back to how it was before. I apologize for the confusion.

Dont worry, i still have your mess up in my quote ;)

DeletedUser

That's quite alright with me :icon_biggrin:. So long as no one actually believes it because they don't read to the end of threads, I'm fine with knowing I made a mistake running on as little sleep as I have lately :).