is w17 dead

Yahko

I agree that special circumstances require special accommodations (i.e getting a world win with 4 major tribes in a world instead of 2 or 1 major tribe) but this is how they wrote the rules and I guess they are not ready to make exceptions yet. Reason? You might speculate that Jeho has some influence on the admins and she want to spoil your fun, maybe. Overall as any rule that is out there - its hard to make changes or exceptions because it open more discussion for interpenetration and then other worlds want to finish the game with like 8 tribes that are all allied. Its a head ache.

I know you wish to finish with your names on the wall - BA NP TAO 13th - instead they force you to create some silly tribes that you call whatever - Zoosk or the Wu Tang Clan. Is it a spoiler - of course! Are rules clear on how to finishing a world - yes. I dont know if local admins of a certain world have the power to say, ok this world gets and exception to the rule and give you the green light to win with 4 tribes. I dont know.

DeletedUser

Yahko,

Your explanation could be good. BUT the rules specifically said that special circumstances will get special accommodations... (it is in the appropriate end game rules that since each world is unique they'll accomodate to such differencies).

I don't care if anyone was influencing them. WHY it is related to an admin vote (or anyone else's vote) at all?! If they want to have a vote, why didn't they actually asked W17 if they agree to these special circumstances?

It's like if the US votes would be held by, say, the french.

If there were technical issues with the request, that would seem like a fair answer. However, that has never been the reasoning.

netjakdim

It is a sad thing to have to create 2 new tribes that never existed however there are those that will remain behind so that the Western Tribes will always be remembered.

Perhaps we should all paste something in our signatures that state which member tribe of the Western Alliance we were in that way people will always know what really happened to the folks that play this game.

Yahko

Rather than creating Cresy and Bruno why dont you create, - BA-TAO - NP-13 (Or Tao NP, etc) , So when the winning "board" would come up you still know that the members in BA-TAO are only from BA and TAO - which member within than tribe is from BA and from TAO, I dont think its so much relevant at this point (Maybe it is to some members). At least when people would check the stats of the winning tribes, they would see who the people are - or you can rename your villages to 13 / TAO / NP/ BA. So when people get to look at individual players they would be able to see who is from what tribe.

Yahko

I know I know - Bureaucracy, showing the "men" upstairs how boo boo you are on their decision aint making your case any prettier. I think getting your name on the wall is much more important because people from the outside dont know the crap that goes in side - and they would judge the book by its cover. So sexy-it-up as much as you can, thats my way of thinking.

DeletedUser77516

you get the fair few who will find it "sexy" the way it is

DeletedUser43243

World 17 will always be the sexiest world in TW history! We had some amazing players here! The very damn best!!!!!

:icon_biggrin:

SmaXa

its a shame no one actually wanted to try to win the world instead just huggled their way to "victory" along with 4 other tribes

but hey no else seemed to have a problem with the whole ending the world in alliance (which is why i quit)

so whatever guess ill just leave you all to your hugs

congrats *np*/[BA]/TAO/13th for "winning"

As someone who played on both sides of the endgame war, The eastern alliance was a family, The western alliance was a single cohort of efficiency.

The four tribes MAY have different mantles, but there is no denying the absolute precision at which they worked together. They may as well have been one tribe.

DeletedUser43243

World 17 will always be the sexiest world in TW history! We had some amazing players here! The very damn best!!!!!

Course forgot to mention that we HAVE still got the very best! Not everything lasts for ever but i gotta say guys..... That was one HELLUVA ride!!!!!

Thank you!!!!!

killergoon=-

yh, w17 seemed to be a good world. very satisfying ridding the world of all 'professional' players though (not personally but i may have contributed some way maybe).

the first year was very fun

DeletedUser43243

Will we still be able to post in the forums when the world closes? :)

DeletedUser

dont know

It occurred to me, does anyone know who Storms "source"
was in TAO. At one point, he mailed a direct quote from our private forum to me and I always wondered where he got it from. We also had evidence that targets that we discussed on our general forums were passed on.

DeletedUser

dont know

It occurred to me, does anyone know who Storms "source"
was in TAO. At one point, he mailed a direct quote from our private forum to me and I always wondered where he got it from. We also had evidence that targets that we discussed on our general forums were passed on.

Not if that would have saved them. :)

netjakdim

you just have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the forums list to find the worlds that are closed

DeletedUser

Seems to be a non-issue at the moment anyway since the admins forgot to close the world and announce the winners on the 7th...