W26 History Thread

DeletedUser

Clear! was pretty tiny when they went to war against my tribe, Moogle.

Limex - you can't compare other tribe's largest size to Clear's largest size now. Why don't you look up what Clear's size was at the time of each of those tribe's largest size? Aside from throwing a wrench in some of your conclusions, it would provide a far more accurate comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

We started with roughly 3 Ks in our control and were at war with Moogle within a month. A war we had every reason to lose but we didn't. We recruited the best from that war and went to war with [H]. RT tried to also declare war on H so they could start recruiting members off of H (they couldn't otherwise because they would have been stealing refugees). We NAPPED [H], did a half merge and went to declare war on RT but they disbanded. In my mind, half of H was going to join Clear! and half was going to join RT, then we'd have a battle royale. That didn't happen.. Booza had health problems and nobody over at RT wanted to mind the store while he was gone so the whole tribe fell off.

At the same time we began a war with the Shadow Family/Shadow Nomads who had just merged to make a super tribe in the South. We won that war very slowly. Shadow Nomads was a tough fight because everyone on that border for us was new to the tribe and some just quit days or weeks after joining. That was the absolute worst time I've ever had as duke... Talk about sleepless nights. At one point I sat 5 or 6 frontline accounts that were under heavy fire on a regular basis. I refused to give up accounts that were under attack because I consider it unsportsmanlike to dismiss accounts to avoid bad stats. Mergers are almost never easy and put more strain on a tribe than you would expect. People weren't happy in general with recruiting people who went absent or needed trained during a war and I admit that being so stubborn was a big mistake for me. And there were some good ops run by SN... not great timing or anything but great persistence. Finally Nomad and Shadow split apart again. We had a NAP with Nomad for a while and worked together to eat some of the Shadow members. Things became much easier after that! I don't believe we recruited more than a couple accounts from SN that actually stayed for more than a month.

Later we began war with BUL, T4H, and Dineh almost simultaneously. Seriously if that isn't good enough for you then you need to get your priorities straight. From Bul T4H and Dineh combined over the entire war and afterwards I think we recruited less than 10 people. Nomad after splitting from Shadow Monks decided to merge with us (this was a large merger) but it was quite a while after the SN breakup. This would probably be the only actual merger we made. The rest were more of us recruiting players as spoils of war. (recruit the best, noble the rest and all that). They were either going to joins us or BUL. Seeing as we were looking at war with three tribes it wasn't a problem for us to merge in active people who wanted a fight. Who wouldn't? Our other option was to see Nomad go to BUL and reinvigorate a tribe that was spiraling down the drain.

The war with BUL I want to point out had me gravely concerned at the time it began. It didn't amount to much because of distance and the aforementioned drain spiraling.

After every period of recruitment a series of cuts was made once people who absolutely weren't going to contribute were identified or of course if accounts went inactive.

I didn't write this because I owe an explanation to anyone or am getting defensive. I think we did it right 90% of the time and 10% of the time made a mistake Sue me.

I'll agree that what happened with Moogle and H effectively killed morale for a lot of the rest of the world. There unfortunately isn't a way to win a world AND make it 100% fun for everyone.

As to Storm, there almost never were large players in Storm. Saying we gained immediate power by merging with storm was ridiculous... Storm was a great ally and did a great job training small players up into giants. We did shuffle players out of Clear! and into storm and vise-versa at various times depending on what both tribes needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Great recap, FFE.

Speaking of storm - I'll never forget the April Fool's joke you played on us last year when you changed the tribe name of Clear! to Storm and Storm's to Clear, then sent a mass tribe message telling us due to inactivity we've been kicked out of Clear and sent to Storm LOL

DeletedUser35787

Yeah, that was pretty awesome :D

I am still quite impressed by this world btw, little guys still putting up a fight :)

DeletedUser

Could I finally be able to speak about Booza wanting to come co-duke me at IMK? Or is this still to early booza? :D

DeletedUser

It's not nice that he forgot to mention IMK rescuing their butts :p

DeletedUser

Great recap, FFE.

Speaking of storm - I'll never forget the April Fool's joke you played on us last year when you changed the tribe name of Clear! to Storm and Storm's to Clear, then sent a mass tribe message telling us due to inactivity we've been kicked out of Clear and sent to Storm LOL

It was anom right?

Billy's response to that was the best :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser17170

Firstly I wanted to drop by and say Whats up? I"m suprised this world isn't over yet with the way the map looks. Calis glade to see your still around and doing well. FFE your dirty bastard!! *wink* Dago glade to see you hooked up with some old moogle buddies and keep the people on their toes. Is Rude and Iben still playing? blah I miss the moogle crew.

"I'll agree that what happened with Moogle and H effectively killed morale for a lot of the rest of the world. There unfortunately isn't a way to win a world AND make it 100% fun for everyone."

FFE, that line is only HALF true. Going to war against Moogles when you did killed the moral of alot of Moogle players, thus leading us to go the way we did, thus leading to the morale issuse for the rest of the world. After the RT war Moogles needed time to reorganize and recharge and get our ducks in order(alot of that had to me needing that.. and if your leader needs to get its ducks in order it usually means the players are going to have some morale issues.)

This world would of been totally different if Clear! had accepted what ever peace offering I had given them and given us at a break. Moogles and BUL(or azra can't remember who was cadi corner to us) were the main two "underdog fighting" tribes up until RT admitted defeat to us. Once that happen Moogles was looked at as the tribe to beat, and Clear! came in at the right time, with players who hadn't been at war for months straight and took advantage of the ... well my weakness or what ever you want to call it. I think Moogle's would of given clear! a run for its money if we had 2-3 months to deal some internal things and refresh our batteries.

Or better yet, if you hadn't created clear! and joined ranks with Moogles like I first offered you and Rampage, then WAB would most likely would of followed then we could gone after Storm while dealing with internal things and then Moogles would of been much like Clear! was when it finally went after H.

Moogles in my opinion was the best tribe in this world.. not because I lead it.. but because of the rich history it caused this world to have and the players who were in it say so with pride! When you can say "I was part of that one tribe that may have lost but was kick arse!" you know your tribe was something special.

DeletedUser

Moogle/Clear! war was inevitable yea, but it wasn't going to happen for another 2 weeks IMHO. Somebody's donkey jumped the gun and pulled the trigger for both sides. Clear! was ready for a fight yes, but wasn't organized yet. TBH Moogle at the time was the better tribe for organization and experience I think. You'd have had more time for relaxing if it weren't for Khare setting things off when he got angry over ex-Kizil villages he wanted.

Your offer of peace was for Rampage and I and not the rest of the tribe. I didn't create a tribe just to abandon it a month later to gain a free lunch. I have more tribe loyalty than that.

Dronning Iben himself is still playing, his coplayer is still around from time to time. Rudy quit probably 2 years ago and deleted maybe a year after that. You should know, rude dog is in the same tribe as you on w42.

DeletedUser17170

The peace offering after you made the tribe was kinda stupid on my part I could of done it better.. or should of left it to dago to do since well... he was the diplomate for moogles. The one I was reffering to was the one before you two made clear!, back when clear was visine/storm/WAB(three tribes) and you and Rampage were not happy with the way things were going in visine. If you two would of joined up with us in Moogles, a good number of players from wab would of followed also, then we could of taken some time on eating storm villages till their top players joined also.

Moogles was organized, and experienced but we hadn't had a break in war but for a short week or two from the time we started our first war. Were as Visine, Storm, Wab,(what became clear!) sat and played clear the K with local crappy tribes for a few months before finally getting bored with its alliances and formed cleared! some of Storm actually faught with Moogles off and on during them months but it wasn't like Moogles. Cause Moogles was fighting RT to our east, Kizil in the NE and west, and some of storm to our north. With threats from H to our south(which looking back now I should of seen as hollow threats, but hind site is 20/20)

As far as Khare goes... well we all make mistakes and mine was keeping him alive as long as I did. I should of had cealstar and marker and their mini crew turn on him as soon as RT admited defeat, but again... personal things going on... and some of the members where needing a break and I didn't think turning on a loud member like him would of made anything better at the time. O well live and learn.

As far as Rude Dog, yeah he followed to 42, but since the OKBI merger I've not been involved in the tribe with anything other then what Queen brings to me on skype. Thats another one of them worlds were if I hadn't needed to step away I think things would of gone completely differnet, but the choices I made so I could get away has caused things go the way they did.

When w26 comes to and end, you and calis(cealstar) need to consider putting together a tribe in a future world. Aqua(dysterious) and I co-play now, and while I don't think I can commit to being a beast like I have in the past or even part of any decision making I can offer my services as an account account.

DeletedUser35787

Wow, Dauthi how do you even remember this stuff? It must be 3 years or so now??

DeletedUser17170

Anom,

When you put your heart & mind into something and create a bond with people like I did with most of moogles... it makes it hard to forget. Then again all I have to do is re-read alot of the forums to remember some stuff.

DeletedUser

I have no memory of a peace offering made to Ramp and I before Clear was formed. Not saying it didn't happen, but if it did it didn't make much of an impression.

DeletedUser74275

As far as Khare goes... well we all make mistakes and mine was keeping him alive as long as I did. I should of had cealstar and marker and their mini crew turn on him as soon as RT admited defeat, but again... personal things going on... and some of the members where needing a break and I didn't think turning on a loud member like him would of made anything better at the time. O well live and learn.

me and mikebiscuit took care of khare. in the end :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

He was so poor he couldn't even snipe on his own, the only reason me and paolo didn't take more villages earlier on was because Lost V was sniping for him, once Lost V got involved in attacking paolo and losing all her nukes might i add :icon_wink: she couldn't snipe for him and he lost even more villages.