[Discussion] 15 Tech System

DeletedUser

In offense i have level 3 axe level 3 lc level 2 spear level 2 sword level 2 ram level 2 hc and level 1 scout mostly although some may only have level 1 hc and also have level 1 cats in them.

level 2 Ram : In an attack you need to send 219 rams to downgrade a level 20 wall to 0. So if u have level 2 ram u can send 176 rams and achive that target. You normally recruit 250 rams in a village. with level 2 ram u can do with 200. Now if u want to want to defend you would have around 3000-10000 spears in the village so why not have level 3 spear than level 2 rams.

level 1 hc I do not understand why level 1 hc?

level 1 HC does not increase the strength of HC it just allows you to recruit HC.

Imo, you want HC at 3 all the time. Push down spear to lvl 2 if you need scout 2.

Push down swords to 1, non makes em really. Slow things and you will never get that extra defence your looking for, as most people will train HC and have 1 sword and 3 HC tech.

Yeah, push down ram to o, up cats to 1 make x push down, make ram again etc. Will be boring in the longrun, so i suggest downgrading scouts later on to 0. (when all barbs hit 2500) and just send 50-200 lc each time with no scouts!

D vill, looks alright. No real need for sword tech, but if you had some tribemate that made em, send em to D vills..

You know It is optional some players might want sword at level 3 and HC on level 2. So i give that as an option. It depends on the situation. early on people have swords, but later i think people would have more HC, and spear/HC defense.

I have seen people defending with spear and swords at this stage of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

slinkiestwizard

xshahzad ill make this as easy and painless as possible

you dont need lvl 3 sw

reason

check your build times for a village with 8k sp and 2 k hc vrs lets say a village with 4k sp 4 k sw
this is the reason no one builds sw and no one needs them at level 3

as for the rest its really self explanatory

DeletedUser

xshahzad ill make this as easy and painless as possible

you dont need lvl 3 sw

reason

check your build times for a village with 8k sp and 2 k hc vrs lets say a village with 4k sp 4 k sw
this is the reason no one builds sw and no one needs them at level 3

as for the rest its really self explanatory

This is troops count of a defending village.

Quantity: 3654 3490 0 220 0 131 2 11 0 0

For players like these HC level 3 is not worth it they need level 3 swords.

That is why i kept it optional. Either level 3 HC level 2 sword. or Level 3 sword level 2 HC. But every one have their opinion and style of playing so they can adjust tech accordingly.

Personally i would not do spear/swprd, I would do spear/HC.

DeletedUser

level 1 hc I do not understand why level 1 hc?

level 1 HC does not increase the strength of HC it just allows you to recruit HC.

Yes as a matter of fact it does increase the strength of HC... All troops in a village that does not have their techs researched get a -20% (I believe is the penalty) to their defensive rolls...at least that is the way it was.

DeletedUser

Yes as a matter of fact it does increase the strength of HC... All troops in a village that does not have their techs researched get a -20% (I believe is the penalty) to their defensive rolls...at least that is the way it was.

0 and 1 are the same. (simulator)

slinkiestwizard

This is troops count of a defending village.

Quantity: 3654 3490 0 220 0 131 2 11 0 0

For players like these HC level 3 is not worth it they need level 3 swords.

That is why i kept it optional. Either level 3 HC level 2 sword. or Level 3 sword level 2 HC. But every one have their opinion and style of playing so they can adjust tech accordingly.

Personally i would not do spear/swprd, I would do spear/HC.

No they arent worth researching, but again it goes back to the build time , and if your producing sp/sw then adding 131 Hc your doing something wrong.

DeletedUser

No they arent worth researching, but again it goes back to the build time , and if your producing sp/sw then adding 131 Hc your doing something wrong.

I have some swords too, I put my swords in a D village to 3, and O I will not. For that reason I will only D with sp/hc in O vills...

Simple solution for such a mistake :)

DeletedUser

That is not my troops count. That is a troops count of a village i attacked. Most probably he would have got 131 HC as support.

I totally agree Spear/sword take double the time (to be exact around 240% more time).

Statistics World 59

Total troops:

spear = 8,26 m
Sword = 6,05 m
axe = 7,33 m
scout = 1,64 m
LC = 3,48 m
HC = 555.888
Ram = 336.466
CAT = 195.541

So u can see we have almost same amount of spear and swords in W59. So their are players making sword.

So it all depends on the troops you expect to defend with. :)

DeletedUser

Look.

This world is all about attacking. As most people will mess up like your doing. You get HC support, your lvl is 2. Your then weaker then you should be against the attacker. You have lvl 1 sw tech, some kid sends you SW support, your weak when defending with swords, all in the favor of the attacker (He will ALWAYS have 3 lc 3 axe tech)

So what you want to do is fight on the same terms, make sure the tribe is pushing the same units, the same tech lvls. Not having mixed it all, cause it will be useless to support ppl that doesn't have the tech for the units you send.

Sw/Sp will always beat a Sp/HC combo, it will. But in the longrun, you can GAIN alot more if everyone follows the same pattern. If you mix = Happy days for any attacker. Show solid defence = Not so happy days.

I am talking mid/late stages, early is like meh...

slinkiestwizard

Look.

This world is all about attacking. As most people will mess up like your doing. You get HC support, your lvl is 2. Your then weaker then you should be against the attacker. You have lvl 1 sw tech, some kid sends you SW support, your weak when defending with swords, all in the favor of the attacker (He will ALWAYS have 3 lc 3 axe tech)

So what you want to do is fight on the same terms, make sure the tribe is pushing the same units, the same tech lvls. Not having mixed it all, cause it will be useless to support ppl that doesn't have the tech for the units you send.

Sw/Sp will always beat a Sp/HC combo, it will. But in the longrun, you can GAIN alot more if everyone follows the same pattern. If you mix = Happy days for any attacker. Show solid defence = Not so happy days.

I am talking mid/late stages, early is like meh...

shhhhhh those are secrets your giving away there

I totally agree Spear/sword take double the time (to be exact around 240% more time).

and the defence is only moderatly increased so its fail all over

DeletedUser

Early game, it's HC hands down.

Late game, if you only use HC and spears, no skilled attacker will be unable to break through your stacks. It's like cutting through butter with a heated knife, or however the metaphor goes.

DeletedUser25046

I suggest this setup for Research.

Defensive village research

Spear = 3
Sword = 3
Scout = 3
HC = 3
Catapult = 3 Not in a defensive village seriously (especially taking into account the world you are talking to has no athena's bonfire). also even if you wanted fakes you don't need level 3 for that

Total = 12-13 Seriously what else do you need in a defensive village there are no archers in this world so why build to 15 just for wasting resources sake.

Offensive village research

Spear = 3
Sword = 2 or 3
axe = 3
LC = 3
HC = 1 2 or 3
Ram = 2

Total = 15

If you use TWFR or Farm Assistant you require level 2 scout, In that case either research HC or SWORS.

If you want to recruit Catapult revoke Ram level 1 and research CATAPULT.

overall this is fine but Never follow that last statement. with it comes to nukes you can have no cats(normal nuke), cats and rams(clearing for noble train to take out RP), or no cats or rams(fast nuke to follow up one that has already destroyed the wall), but never go cats and no rams.

DeletedUser

I realize there must be a long thread about ram effectiveness, but can someone very briefly summarize why "push down ram to 0" makes sense? I've been playing with the simulator, and sure enough, if a nuke hits a full def. village with a 20 wall, the number of defenders killed doesn't seem to go up much as ram level goes up, assuming 220 rams with the nuke.

Is it because the rams calculate the wall damage and then the troop damage, and that the difference in wall damage isn't enough to make the extra ram offense that much more effective vs the defenders given the relatively small number of rams compared to axes/LC (or HC) in the nuke?

Maybe I stated that wrong, but it seems that once you have enough rams for a nuke, then you can go to tech 0 rams until you need to build more without degrading the nuke's effectiveness. Is that correct?

slinkiestwizard

I realize there must be a long thread about ram effectiveness, but can someone very briefly summarize why "push down ram to 0" makes sense? I've been playing with the simulator, and sure enough, if a nuke hits a full def. village with a 20 wall, the number of defenders killed doesn't seem to go up much as ram level goes up, assuming 220 rams with the nuke.

Is it because the rams calculate the wall damage and then the troop damage, and that the difference in wall damage isn't enough to make the extra ram offense that much more effective vs the defenders given the relatively small number of rams compared to axes/LC (or HC) in the nuke?

Maybe I stated that wrong, but it seems that once you have enough rams for a nuke, then you can go to tech 0 rams until you need to build more without degrading the nuke's effectiveness. Is that correct?

anything can be researched and later revoked while still having those troops in your village. as per cats and rams they travel at the same speed so if a unit is revoked it still can be sent as a fake

DeletedUser

Level 0 Rams (or anything else)

I understand that level 0 rams travel the same speed as regular rams, and can therefore be used for fakes.

But don't level 0 rams still fight at level 1, even if you cannot build more in a village with level 0? Isn't that true for all units at level 0: you cannot make more, but they still fight at level 1?

Thanks.

slinkiestwizard

I understand that level 0 rams travel the same speed as regular rams, and can therefore be used for fakes.

But don't level 0 rams still fight at level 1, even if you cannot build more in a village with level 0? Isn't that true for all units at level 0: you cannot make more, but they still fight at level 1?

Thanks.

the units in the village even if research is revoked still carry level 1 technology

DeletedUser

overall this is fine but Never follow that last statement. with it comes to nukes you can have no cats(normal nuke), cats and rams(clearing for noble train to take out RP), or no cats or rams(fast nuke to follow up one that has already destroyed the wall), but never go cats and no rams.

I agree with almost all you said except this quote,

Catapult = 3 Not in a defensive village seriously (especially taking into account the world you are talking to has no athena's bonfire).

Even if nots a bonfire world, cats are still our 2nd strongest defensive weapon. The great thing about them is they can be used both defensive and offensive, now since you say no to cats level 3. Lets see how each defensive troop compares strength wise.

Spear
Offensive strength 10
General Defense 15
Cavalry Defense 45
Archer Defense 20
Research cost: Unit available without research.

On worlds with the Three level tech system enabled: Tech-level Research costs
1 already researched 10 15 45
2 2560 2240 2960 13 19 56
3 10240 8960 11840 14 21 63

Sword
Offensive strength 25
General Defense 50
Cavalry Defense 25
Archer Defense 40
Research cost: Unit available without research.

1 already researched 25 50 25
2 3600 3200 3120 31 63 31
3 14400 12800 12480 35 70 35

HC
Offensive strength 150
General Defense 200
Cavalry Defense 80
Archer Defense 180
Research cost: 3000 2400 2000

1 3000 2400 2000 150 200 80
2 12000 9600 8000 188 250 100
3 48000 38400 32000 210 280 112

Cats
Offensive strength 100
General Defense 100
Cavalry Defense 50
Archer Defense 100
Research cost: 1600 2000 1200

1 1600 2000 1200 100 100 50
2 6400 8000 4800 125 125 63
3 25600 32000 19200 140 140 70

Im just curious as to why youd say no to building one of best defensive troops we have, yea i know build time is longer. But still.....

DeletedUser

looks weak to me :D

Answer this

What is the strength of each divided by the population per unit?

DeletedUser

Recently i had made SWORD/LC NUKe.

In this we do not have axes, instead we have swords, so u can save 3 researches.

Troops setup for Sword/LC NUKE

Swords = 5000
Scout = 100
LC = 3600
Ram = 220

You can send the LC seperate with LC speed if u want. If u want to send rams than u can add swords.

DeletedUser

Recently i had made SWORD/LC NUKe.

In this we do not have axes, instead we have swords, so u can save 3 researches.

Troops setup for Sword/LC NUKE

Swords = 5000
Scout = 100
LC = 3600
Ram = 220

You can send the LC seperate with LC speed if u want. If u want to send rams than u can add swords.

guy from MMA tried this. We capped all of his villas except for two, which we catted so he couldnt restart. Not a great strategy, from what I have seen.