The End of World 4

DeletedUser

I don't recall saying that the world was over when I left. I said all the decent players left before I did, which is just a fact. Doesn't mean that you noobs couldn't continue to fight.

If all the decent players left before you did, it means you are a noob :p

Rebel2society101

+1 hahaha

Anyways... I was there (like 2-3 years ago, when it was pretty much AF vs the world. DOG had merged into LIFE, (we had no diplomacy with LIFE at the time), and had declared war on TBP. We were also dealing with skirmishes from LIFE.

AF had great players, but yeah, they were all inactive. :p

____CLASH____

I say congrats to Life and very well done.

Organisation was amazing, they took in some really great players and if you look at how they supported players like Xterminator it shows they also had the better spirit.

When I came back from my illness I advised VX players to court Life rather than the alliance that was chosen, even privately after Pit and the others joined I voiced that Life were the machine but then I was merely a player and no longer a leader so had no influence then. With hindsight I would of loved to experience how the tribe was run, the organisation and the spirit.

Its been some long years for world 4 and I did stay quietly out of interest so I could see how the end game played out, its no good talking about UNSF or any other tribe, its simple they left and the players in Life didn't, they did the job simple as that. Its time to accept they were better players and better organised with leaders who made better decisions.

I think that activity was the key and as HighQue states a solid understanding of scripts is also a must, I also think the return of Kevin was important and if you look at the names in Life you will see many of the best players, I often smile when I think of the sheer dread people had when they saw Pits nukes coming!

For me the early days were great fun and when I returned the game was a bit of a slog, I am playing a bit in World 60 and I cannot believe just how different the game is, team attitudes and gameplay, I will always think world 4 was the best I guess as the relationships and the friendships.

I still have close friends in Life, people who I talked to until the end, people I respect and who I have known for many years through the game.

It is time to give credit, whatever happened with Jumanji and his account is neither here nor there, he was Life itself and with the team members was active through the war and still is.

As for ending the world with a vote - well I am sure after all this time Life will take it wherever it has to go.

One last point, I think that PrivateJRyan is a fabulous player, he fought hard and was the best in VX, its a shame he didn't get to play with better players after 2009.

Well Done Life Winners of the best world!!

____CLASH____

Hey mate Skype is - shaun.parker.hp

Also can you Skype ref Joe, would like to know how he is doing.

One or two of the guys may like to keep in touch through that.

Thanks

Shaun

waterdrinker

Thank you for the positive comments. Its good to see that some of our opponents are not bitter sore losers.

DeletedUser

CLASH is not like the other leaders,hes got balls to admit :)
Merry X-mas every one :)

Rebel2society101

Thank you for the positive comments. Its good to see that some of our opponents are not bitter sore losers.

Sorry if I came across as being a sore loser. I have no room to talk because I quit after getting a pounding in K94. The best team always wins, and in this world, it was LIFE. At one point, I thought it was AF, but when people started going inactive, and people that were like me who quit when I saw over 9000 incomings with exams etc settling in, made AF die out.

Then I thought maybe TBP could pull it through and be #1, quite surprised when I heard that TBP had merged into LIFE. Always knew those 2 tribes were butt buddies. ;)

All in all, all the top players, once JGers, once TBPers, once DBDers, once 47RONers, once OAers, once XPers, once AoWers, once XLers, etc. I miss you all. By far my favorite world!

Everything now is either MRT this, premade that. :/ This was the real world! Great job LIFE, if I could go back 5 years to reply this world, I would do it.

Special thanks to: Antu, lmiulian, THEDraven, RCK (the woman, not Ben), fisherofer, Westons, and many others who were TW role models and bench markers.

greenmonsta

I've already tried asking morthy for a world like W4, even with local academies (back when if you stored a packet in one village, you couldn't use it in another). But he said it just wasn't possible ;_;

Rebel2society101

I've already tried asking morthy for a world like W4, even with local academies (back when if you stored a packet in one village, you couldn't use it in another). But he said it just wasn't possible ;_;

This is disappointing. :( W4 had the most promising and favorable settings. The whole premade thing would ruin any W4 atmosphere though.

greenmonsta

This is disappointing. :( W4 had the most promising and favorable settings. The whole premade thing would ruin any W4 atmosphere though.

Yeah probably, It's just modern TW in general that sucks though. TW was basic back in early W4 which meant you actually had to play the game yourself. Now you just put scripts here and edit opera there and the game plays itself, which is what the kids of today prefer.

DeletedUser

Yeah probably, It's just modern TW in general that sucks though. TW was basic back in early W4 which meant you actually had to play the game yourself. Now you just put scripts here and edit opera there and the game plays itself, which is what the kids of today prefer.

TW back in early W4 was made for playing with only a few villages. Most of the improvements made to the game, have been on removing the repetitive work. Your suggestion with "local academies" makes you sound like one of those people who just don't like change at all. I think most of us appreciate the fact that you don't have to make 5000 market transfers to build a noble or click "next village, store resources" 8000 times every second day. If you take a minute to think about, what it would actually be like to play TW with just 1000 villages as the game was back in 2005, you will probably see that most people with even a modest IQ would find something else to play. I don't think you have to be a "kid of today" to appreciate the improvements made to the game, maybe just young enough to actually be able to adapt and learn some new tricks once in a while :)

DeletedUser

Do you know why this is not any more possible on TW because a package world requires much more skills to play then a coin system.
And this will means less people will enjoy it. Probably amatuer people will enjoy it (THIS WILL LEAD MORE $$$$ for people to play and BUY PREMIUM. You can even start to make as many nobles on your newly village.

I remember I took over an account in TW15 with 40 villages, K45... I move to K87 in 13 days travel each with 5 nobles in 1 village in a few of them which I think people will not noble it in 13 days. Within less than 1-2 weeks arriving I can have 30+ nobles all in 1 village to go around capturing those 1-3k villages swiftly... I end up leading K87 after 1 month all the way until I retire.. even for people who started 2 months earlier than me in K87. THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE IN PACKAGE WORLD which depends on academies slot.

In the coin system, u can built 4-5 or even 8 nobles to launch attack all on 1 village. Whereas in package world in order to able to make up to 3 nobles max provided you have not used the slot to capture any villages. Sometimes u need to launch 4-5 different villages just to get 1 village.. NOT TO MENTION PEOPLE CAN SNIPE YOU EVEN MORE EASILY unless u time all your forces arriving within 1 mins from all your different villages. THIS REQUIRES constant attention to pull off.

IF YOU CAN SURVIVE AND MAKE IT BIG ON PACKAGE WORLD, YOU CAN DEFINATELY MAKE IT on COIN SYSTEM WORLD...
BUT IF YOU ARE ABLE TO SURVIVE IN COIN SYSTEM WORLD, YOU MAY NOT SURVIVE IN PACKAGE WORLD.

That's 1 of the how you determine who are pros in TW strategy game.

Actually that's one of the reason why I simply cannot stay in 1 world long enough after TW4,15, because it doesn't thrill me anymore... it such a skilless world, when I always end up top in those continent, I would give the account to the tribe. Imagine those noobs who though they are good in this game taunt over u...

On the fringe of map 5 weeks play for leisure.... beating everyone on growth etc... may retire soon after new year 2012.
http://www.twstats.com/en58/index.php?page=player&id=9469197

greenmonsta

TW back in early W4 was made for playing with only a few villages. Most of the improvements made to the game, have been on removing the repetitive work. Your suggestion with "local academies" makes you sound like one of those people who just don't like change at all. I think most of us appreciate the fact that you don't have to make 5000 market transfers to build a noble or click "next village, store resources" 8000 times every second day. If you take a minute to think about, what it would actually be like to play TW with just 1000 villages as the game was back in 2005, you will probably see that most people with even a modest IQ would find something else to play. I don't think you have to be a "kid of today" to appreciate the improvements made to the game, maybe just young enough to actually be able to adapt and learn some new tricks once in a while :)

haha, I don't like change and you're the one still stuck in W4. Do you even realise how wrong you are in that entire post?

Do you know why this is not any more possible on TW because a package world requires much more skills to play then a coin system.
And this will means less people will enjoy it. Probably amatuer people will enjoy it (THIS WILL LEAD MORE $$$$ for people to play and BUY PREMIUM. You can even start to make as many nobles on your newly village.

And thats the underlying reason for all the changes. The pure and fact-based truth.

____CLASH____

CLASH is not like the other leaders,hes got balls to admit :)
Merry X-mas every one :)

Thanks Pit, and Kevin too, I think credit where credit is due, Life showed amazing resilience and I also think that losing the leadership account stepped up the activity to higher levels, Life became far more aggressive. That said I still think it would of been a far tougher fight if the famous 3 had not joined Life and one or two top TBP players such as HiQue had joined up with JG!! Now that would make a really nice twist to the world, the re-emergence of JG :)

I must say though that the sheer intensity of the war on the west front was astounding, players such as Xconnect and Thinkfirst took a pounding and I also say hats off the Xconnect for hanging in there, it is very difficult to play against such intensity when a tribe is so inactive, I think Life stepped it up just at the right time and broke the wills of a number of very good players.

I am currently trying out world 60, its been about 5 weeks I guess and it is amazing how different the game is, there is no grouping and clustering of villages, tribes kick you for nobling greys and the early game is all about farming resources. I have never seen so few live villages and so many grey ones in a 15x15 sector, it is so different to world 4 and how it started.

Players have hours between villages and nothing but grey farms around them.

There is very little comradeship, its all very clinical, noble a ville under 3k points and you are kicked, noble a grey and you are kicked, almost no alliances or PA's tribe rules are that you cannot claim a ville without a train and you must always have a train on standby. Very clinical, there is no way this world would last years like world 4, its such a different game.

Anyhow, merry christmas Pit, Kevin, Joe, HighQue, PJRyan and any of my other friends, best of luck in real life.

Kind Regards

Shaun

DeletedUser

haha, I don't like change and you're the one still stuck in W4. Do you even realise how wrong you are in that entire post?

And thats the underlying reason for all the changes. The pure and fact-based truth.

Classic greenmonsta post :) Disregard all the facts presented, and then post some made up facts :p
I am as correct as I can be. I am not "stuck" in W4. I have decided to stay and play TW through all its phases, in contrast to you running away and chasing "the old TW" all the time. Also it just happens that maybe I know how to take care of my account in W4 settings :p

I was just trying to be nice to you, giving you a chance to realise how wrong you are in requesting a world with old W4 settings as with "local academies". But well if you insist you prefer a world where competent means, who is best at breaking the mouse and get hand injuries by clicking the same sequence for hours, it just proves what kind of player you are. Maybe I may even make a website where I create a game of who can click a button the most times a day. I will make sure that I send you an invite :)

DeletedUser

It is time to give credit, whatever happened with Jumanji and his account is neither here nor there, he was Life itself and with the team members was active through the war and still is.
Thanks for your words, Shaun. The whole team appreciates them.

I think the closest you and I got to fighting was when I was sitting Lord Frankenstein and you had just taken over kingb333... kinda vague though, it was a long time ago :p

Classic greenmonsta post :) ..... Maybe I may even make a website where I create a game of who can click a button the most times a day. I will make sure that I send you an invite :)
Make the button say "ATTACK LIFE!!" and greenie will be there, guaranteed :D

DeletedUser

there is no grouping and clustering of villages
** In Package world, In the beginning people group cluster of villages because you start off with 1 acad or even 2 as it very costly on acad building to even get 3 acad level (not to mention u wanna be faster to get rid of players around u when they are weak rather than to wait for a few days for level 3 acad by that time u maybe already targetted) .. to conquer a village u need to travel 2, 3 times if you are on (2 acad level) or 4 times if your are on 1 acad level. Also grouping cluster villages will allow u to place nobles at the cluster villages, launching together to reach a destination will with the same hr or not it will be stretch....

tribes kick you for nobling greys... There is very little comradeship, its all very clinical, noble a ville under 3k points and you are kicked, noble a grey and you are kicked,
** This is because since in gold coin system 1 village can make even 5 nobles quickly... to them there is no reason why they allow u to do that, and they wanna get rid of enemies fast...but they fail to realise if you are hyper active and farming, you can built up grey village even quicker that player noble villages in strategic location on your core... Also some tribe hyper aggressive with seasonal players set this kind of rules to make them strong at a faster pace... but its idoltic to semi-active players....

I have never seen so few live villages and so many grey ones in a 15x15 sector,
** Due to easily get armies, villages, nobles to conquor and get rid of players at a very fast pace (you can actually get 2nd village in 13 days on your starting account and after that every 1 or 1.5 days.. extra 1 village.. meaning in 1 month u can reach 10 villages... you can't do this on package world) , of course you see many greys...when people give up in coin system.. unless they choose to hide in cluster of allies.. but this means your members won't grow fast enough for other tribe players coming for your members villages... its just see who is next next next victim.

almost no alliances or PA's tribe rules

** In packaged world, PA tribe or Personal Allies rules is needed because often we need people to help us noble due to limiation of academies with shortage of nobles and distances.... The game seems balanced of everyone getting a village for semi-active to active players... In coin system a lone active player can get as many villages as he/she wants in a fast pace as it depends on your resources limitation.

there is no way this world would last years like world 4
** If a server last a few years, TW will waste time and resources $$$ on maintiaining the server with people is play on server after sometimes like (1 year...) Maybe u never notice, nowadays a lot new rules on HOW TO WIN SERVER IS TWEAK and introduce TOWARDS MAKING A WORLD END FASTER..... like the recent secret of power... Usually after 1 years on coin system world, u tend to see 1 tribe leads by the rest on alot... if the tribe hold on all the secret of power.. I believe a server cannot last more than 2 years with this introduction. Not to mention the existing of certain % domination of a single tribe rules etc......

Please note innogames over years have emerge to a maximize revenue business model.. they will sure introduce games that will not last long and more features which will make u pay more.. FARM ASSISTANCE, ACCOUNT MANAGER... If you subscribe this 2 extra addition... you will be playing more than 20 bucks instead of 8 bucks.. in fact before premium account change point structure, it use to cost only 6++ bucks....

Even if innogames built a game that can last long like more than 2 years, u bet it will be like those grepolis which always need gold $$$$$

Thanks Pit, and Kevin too, I think credit where credit is due, Life showed amazing resilience and I also think that losing the leadership account stepped up the activity to higher levels, Life became far more aggressive. That said I still think it would of been a far tougher fight if the famous 3 had not joined Life and one or two top TBP players such as HiQue had joined up with JG!! Now that would make a really nice twist to the world, the re-emergence of JG :)

I must say though that the sheer intensity of the war on the west front was astounding, players such as Xconnect and Thinkfirst took a pounding and I also say hats off the Xconnect for hanging in there, it is very difficult to play against such intensity when a tribe is so inactive, I think Life stepped it up just at the right time and broke the wills of a number of very good players.

I am currently trying out world 60, its been about 5 weeks I guess and it is amazing how different the game is, there is no grouping and clustering of villages, tribes kick you for nobling greys and the early game is all about farming resources. I have never seen so few live villages and so many grey ones in a 15x15 sector, it is so different to world 4 and how it started.

Players have hours between villages and nothing but grey farms around them.

There is very little comradeship, its all very clinical, noble a ville under 3k points and you are kicked, noble a grey and you are kicked, almost no alliances or PA's tribe rules are that you cannot claim a ville without a train and you must always have a train on standby. Very clinical, there is no way this world would last years like world 4, its such a different game.

Anyhow, merry christmas Pit, Kevin, Joe, HighQue, PJRyan and any of my other friends, best of luck in real life.

Kind Regards

Shaun

Last edited by a moderator:

greenmonsta

Classic greenmonsta post :) Disregard all the facts presented, and then post some made up facts :p
I am as correct as I can be. I am not "stuck" in W4. I have decided to stay and play TW through all its phases, in contrast to you running away and chasing "the old TW" all the time. Also it just happens that maybe I know how to take care of my account in W4 settings :p

I was just trying to be nice to you, giving you a chance to realise how wrong you are in requesting a world with old W4 settings as with "local academies". But well if you insist you prefer a world where competent means, who is best at breaking the mouse and get hand injuries by clicking the same sequence for hours, it just proves what kind of player you are. Maybe I may even make a website where I create a game of who can click a button the most times a day. I will make sure that I send you an invite :)

Care to point out your 'facts'?

DeletedUser19547

When JG fell, some of them went to AF and some to TBP. None of them, no matter which tribe they were in, wanted to attack their former tribemates. However, AF kept pushing the JG members who joined them to do so as they didn't like having TBP in their backyard. Which eventually resulted in JG'ers bailing and moving to TBP.

When it became obvious that they (the former Jellybabies) were trapped between LIFE and AF, they had to join one side or the other. Having not forgotten the attitude of AF during the last weeks before JG fell (threatening the Jellybabies instead of helping, as allies were supposed to do), the JG'ers joined LIFE. Meaning LIFE gained a whole new bunch of excellent players, and AF gained nothing due to its own failed diplomacy. End of AF. LIFE rules the world.

True story.

Which doesn't take away the fact that AF had some top notch players (~ ImaginaryBeing)

DeletedUser

the JG'ers joined LIFE. Meaning LIFE gained a whole new bunch* of excellent players

*Two

Care to point out your 'facts'?

When every one except yourself recognizes these facts, they actually have to be considered common sense. I don't think highque is in the business of trying to teach you common sense at this point, but alas, he may be inclined to try to entertain us :)

Of course local packet storage will never return. This is another example of a DUH and helps to undermine your arguments of returning to the "good old days". One of the many reasons this is a terrible idea is that it allows an exploit to exist. People used to get multiaccounts or convince inactive players to stash a bunch of packets in one village, then let the more active player noble it and acquire all the packets that were stored in that village. This is one of the ways some of the early top players vaulted ahead of the competition quickly.

there is no grouping and clustering of villages
** In Package world, In the beginning people group cluster of villages because you start off with 1 acad or even 2 as it very costly on acad building to even get 3 acad level (not to mention u wanna be faster to get rid of players around u when they are weak rather than to wait for a few days for level 3 acad by that time u maybe already targetted) .. to conquer a village u need to travel 2, 3 times if you are on (2 acad level) or 4 times if your are on 1 acad level. Also grouping cluster villages will allow u to place nobles at the cluster villages, launching together to reach a destination will with the same hr or not it will be stretch....
I've been keeping up with your posts but continue to be confused by a few things. First, I can understand that making nobles on package worlds can seem more expensive, but I believe that's only for the first month or two of the world. After that, you'll be nobling other players' villages that already have their academies built and upgraded. At that point, you're not spending much on new academies, if anything at all.

In the coin system, u can built 4-5 or even 8 nobles to launch attack all on 1 village. Whereas in package world in order to able to make up to 3 nobles max provided you have not used the slot to capture any villages. Sometimes u need to launch 4-5 different villages just to get 1 village.. NOT TO MENTION PEOPLE CAN SNIPE YOU EVEN MORE EASILY unless u time all your forces arriving within 1 mins from all your different villages. THIS REQUIRES constant attention to pull off.

I may be misunderstanding this, but are you saying that on package worlds you can only train up to 3 nobles in 1 village?