The Design Lounge

DeletedUser81336

Meh. Don't care for him, doesn't seem to know how to have fun.

DeletedUser

Just a cheaters way of making a sig look good really, no respect for it at all :/

DeletedUser

Think oscar was just personifying the plugin because well ... he's a weird human being :/

DeletedUser

It's not as easy to make a sig with topaz as people seem to think. Yes it can speed up some processes, but those with experience can achieve the same effect in a similar amount of time without it. Besides it is difficult to use topaz successfully, just as it is with every filter and plug-in. I downloaded the topaz clean plug-in to try it out, and have yet to feature it in any of my finished pieces. Yes it works, but you have to have the knowledge and talent to use it successfully.

DeletedUser

There are a couple of different versions and I can't remember specifically the names of them, one is quite hard to get it right where as there is another which does most of the work you just lower or increase the strength depending on personal preference :/

DeletedUser

It's not as easy to make a sig with topaz as people seem to think. Yes it can speed up some processes, but those with experience can achieve the same effect in a similar amount of time without it. Besides it is difficult to use topaz successfully, just as it is with every filter and plug-in. I downloaded the topaz clean plug-in to try it out, and have yet to feature it in any of my finished pieces. Yes it works, but you have to have the knowledge and talent to use it successfully.

well i've had it but town it away i had some nice pics whit it but i wanna put work in me pics

DeletedUser

How long did it take you guys to get to the level you are at with Photoshop? Also, how often do you end up creating your own shapes (instead of stock images) as im guessing this would be the main time consumer if it is quite common, and im not sure whether i should just be sticking to stock images. Thanks a lot :)

DeletedUser

Erm... I have been doing graphic design for roughly a year and a half. Lewis has been doing it for over two years now and zenron must be well into his third year. I have always struggled to create stuff from scratch, and although creating simple shapes is easy, creating and using complex shapes is a lot harder and as you have mentioned quite time consuming. Typically it can take anywhere between an hour and two hours for me to create my usual pieces, the more I do from scratch the longer it takes. Using stock images and other resources is good to keep going, but I would suggest trying to create parts or entire pieces from scratch, teh more you practice the more you can actually understand.

DeletedUser

Erm... I have been doing graphic design for roughly a year and a half. Lewis has been doing it for over two years now and zenron must be well into his third year. I have always struggled to create stuff from scratch, and although creating simple shapes is easy, creating and using complex shapes is a lot harder and as you have mentioned quite time consuming. Typically it can take anywhere between an hour and two hours for me to create my usual pieces, the more I do from scratch the longer it takes. Using stock images and other resources is good to keep going, but I would suggest trying to create parts or entire pieces from scratch, teh more you practice the more you can actually understand.

Ahh okay, thanks a lot! I guess i have quite a while to go yet then :icon_razz: Do you mainly use Photoshop, or is there any other big programs you use? I saw a reference to Cinema 4d somewhere, im not sure if thats relevant.

Oh, and i just noticed you are a close neighbor of mine, i live in Rotherham, right next door to Sheffield :icon_cool:

DeletedUser

It really depends what it is you want to do. I am assuming it is mainly signatures that you want to create and as a result yes, Photoshop is the only software you will be needing. It basically just takes time and practice. Follow a lot of tutorials and experiment and you will get better with time.

DeletedUser

I really just want to learn graphic design anyway; 2d for now, but maybe move onto 3d later on in life (a lot later on probably).

DeletedUser

Once you are far in your graphic design experiences you can easily switch from one medium to another like I did going from signatures to vector illustration. However I must say, 3D and 2D are completely different, whether you start now of in a year, the learning curve will be exactly the same. So if it's something you want to do, you may aswell start now.

DeletedUser

Once you are far in your graphic design experiences you can easily switch from one medium to another like I did going from signatures to vector illustration. However I must say, 3D and 2D are completely different, whether you start now of in a year, the learning curve will be exactly the same. So if it's something you want to do, you may aswell start now.

^ This. I had been tagging for a while then tried out "Cinema 4D" expecting it to be pretty easy after tagging for a while with PS, it wasn't at all for me. Theres a lot to take on board with it imo, but I presume its very rewarding when you eventually make some epic 3D model thing :icon_razz: