The end of W29

DeletedUser87372

As the Duke of *TLA*, reigning champion of W29 (being *TLA*, not me personally), I would like to thank all that have played W29 and made this game an enjoyable experience.

As this world has drawn to a close, I am reminded of many friends and foes alike that have made my time on TW something I wished to return to, day after day, year after year. My time with Tribal Wars began about a week after W29 had opened. I had no clue how to play, what tactics to use, and any of the more technical skills required later on in game. I will point out a few names of those who have really helped me improve as a player, person and leader over these past few years (apologies if I have left anyone off this list, it is a very long list, you will be remembered and I thank everyone alike):

- Damageboi123 (aka. Sam) – Sam brought me in to TLA on Valentines day in the first year of W29 while I was sitting in a hotel room waiting for my wife to finish getting ready to go out for a meal in Edinburgh. It was a very difficult decision to move from my previous tribe, not because of any particular loyalty to the tribe (as it was predominantly a Brazilian tribe and the forums were mainly in Portuguese which I did not speak), but because I did not want to be thought of as a tribe hopper. It was the best decision I have ever made in TW. Sam brought me under his wing and we immediately hit it off bouncing ideas off one another. I saw how he lead TLA at the time and was amazed by the political decisions, how he managed the various personalities and handled challenging situations. I was deeply upset to hear of the hardships he went through in RL and when he made the decision to leave TW (the first time) I was honoured that he had asked me to step up and take control of his baby. It was a very difficult time in TAL history, with the development of NN and the breakup of TLA for various reasons. I held it together as long as I thought I could before it crumbled. Upon his return to the game he and I worked together to rebuild the former glory of TLA based on the same ethos as before with a few improvements and tweaks, including the inclusion of some incredible players who were formidable opponents from their former days in DSL / Shadow. Once TLA had been restored, Sam again decided enough was enough with the game and left me as sole Duke of *TLA*. This was a massive task and one which I took with open arms, but decided to surround myself with the help of a varied group of players with different levels of experience, playing styles, personalities, and friendship groups. The success of TLA has only a small part to do with me personally, and a lot to do with all members of TLA and especially the select few who helped me to lead, including Mikey9Points, Logboss, Homeini, Sobaks, Slayer2292, Daryl1000, Bloodfest, then later rollo86, CliveUK and Iainr13. Sam’s direct part in TLA’s history built a tremendous foundation to which I could continue to build TLA alongside my trusted advisors and tribe mates. I only hope that I have lived up to the legacy that Sam had bestowed upon me and helped drive TLA with the same ethos and design as was intended.

- Mikey9Points – The ODA king, with a hot temper and deepest drive for TLA’s success. Mikey has inspired many (myself included) to be aggressive as a player and push forth. His many heated debates with various members certainly caused both Sam and myself it’s fair share of challenge in itself, but his drive and determination, not to mention effects on every war TLA have participated in have made him amongst the most effective and positive member of TLA throughout it’s history. Mikey has been a good friend to me and has helped me a lot. He has always been a goal for ODA to me and driven me to continue to attack the enemy with hopes (albeit impossible towards the end) of catching his incredible stats.

- Sobaks (aka Dal and CC) – I had little to do with either of these players prior to them taking over the Sobaks account, but knew that Dal in particular was a highly revered member of NME / DSL / Shadow with a great following of loyal friends. He demonstrated his leadership qualities from the get go, and it is due to this that I asked him to join me in leading TLA. It is after asking him to do this that I realised he had a co-player, CC. Together they amazed me in how effective a team they were not only ingame (being the highest ODA per village player, taking entire enemy K’s at a time, and demonstrating incredible skill in defences) but also as a leader and advisor. They have probably helped me lead this tribe more than anyone other player and have always shown me the utmost of respect and loyalty. I truly would consider them to both be friends and thank you both for your contributions.

- Logboss – Like with Dal, I had very little knowledge of Logboss prior to him joining TLA. From the stats I saw, he was a big player with a tight cluster of villages up in the north. Someone who too had a great following of friends from his time in DSL / Shadow. At first I thought he was a barb and internal nobler, but someone TLA would rather not have to take out, so he was recruited. It was after working alongside him for a short while that I realised the incredible skill he had in game play tactics (attacking and defending, as well as being the best timer in W29 history), scripting, and maturity. He has been a faithful and loyal member of TLA and has brought a wealth of knowledge and skill to the leadership team. He has always been a generous player with both his time (sitting) and his PP; all this while playing multiple other worlds with at times thousands of incomings on them. His contributions to TLA have been significant and for that I thank him greatly.

- Homeini (aka Jess or WFA) – Jess too came from DSL/Shadow and also came with a large number of close friends. She was known to me prior to being brought into the leadership team and what I knew of her as well as the main reasons for bringing her in to the team was her empathy and personality. She has been one of the most caring individuals in TLA and had a skill at being a good friend to many within the tribe. She helped to smooth over arguments and disputes and had a level head with aiding in making decisions. To top it off, she has been an incredible player with great skills in defences and timing, as well as sitting accounts regularly for both long and short terms. I plan to keep in touch with Jess long after the TW addiction ends for me.

- Slayer2292 (retired) – Slayer has been one of the longer standing barons in TLA, being a baron alongside myself, Mikey and Magisa in the early days and I believe alongside rollo even earlier than that. He has always been a well switched on individual with great skill and a willingness to teach others. He was also one of TLA’s strongest world forum personalities, fighting the verbal battles against Graylin, Bert and anyone else daring to attempt to offend TLA.

- Daryl1000 (rimmed) – Daryl has been my longest standing friend on TW, starting just a few squares from me on day 1. I had him brought in to my first tribe and then brought in to TLA a few days after I went over. He and I were always trying to one up each other on our points and stats giving us motivation to constantly improve. He was great at defences and equally great with attacking. He was always willing to send double the defences needed to anyone nearby. He, like with Mikey, came with a hot head at times and caused a few “challenges” to TLA, namely his final challenge when he decided to break off from TLA and establish a rival tribe, attempting to mastermind ()along with Bloodfest) an alliance with our enemy (Grind) and recruiting TLA’s biggest foe to date (BigBert) to a prior TLA account. He had his opinions against the recruitment of a number of prior enemy’s (mainly DSL / Shadow) and was not impressed with a select few players who previously seemingly contributed less than others while growing quickly off inactives and barbs. The rimming of Daryl1000 was one which has probably been amongst the hardest decisions for me to request of TLA due to my close friendship with him as a player, but regardless of the challenge I felt a duty to TLA to ensure its preservation and improvement. Throughout the fight between Daryl’s tribe and TLA he and I remained as friends and in contact both IG and on FB. I have no hard feelings to him and hope he feels the same to me.

- Bloodfest (retired) – Like with Daryl above, Bloodfest has brought both positives and challenges to TLA. He and I often saw eye to eye, but on occasion completely disagreed. Due to his RL trade, I asked him to join me in the leadership team as a trusted advisor on battle plans and OP strategy. His contributions were very helpful to TLA’s successes at the time, and our many hours of strategy discussion helped to develop a number of long term strategies and plans. With this positive also came a player who was stubborn at times for perfection in himself and TLA on a whole. He had tactics which have been proven to be very effective, but not necessarily ideal as an expectation for all players to employ. It is mainly due to this that he too broke off from TLA and work closely with Daryl on masterminding a strategy against TLA. He first attempted to recruit strategically positioned players to cause chaos within TLA and eventually lead to the decline of TLA bringing over all players who he deemed as beneficial to his greater plan. Fortunately, this plan fell through as his personal alliances were not as strong as he had envisaged and many players he was counting on decided to remain under the TLA banner. I tried time and again to end this all from happening and bring him back in, but his determination to follow through with his strategy was too strong and in the end was to put his plans to action. Due to an unfortunate string of events he lost his password and could not retrieve it again and his account went barb. Whilst I am glad we did not have to take him down 1 village at a time (as it would have likely added a month to the end game), a strategy was in place to do so upon his first strike with absolutely no escape from it. Regardless of the IG plans against one another he and I had remained civil and talked as friends. He had promised to outline his entire strategy to me once this world had ended and I do hope to hear them, to see if my expectations of what his strategy involved were accurate. Bloodfest has been a good advisor to me (and Sam previously), a good mentor to many, a good friend to others, and a beacon of motivation for quite a few.

- Rollo86 – Rollo is the longest standing TLA player and was first to take up a position of leadership (of the remaining players). He has always had his own strategies which have caused some challenge for his leadership but have always proven to be beneficial to the greater good of TLA. He has often been an individual and at times a loner in his direction with his preservation of his home K’s (K62, then later K63, and further afield into the K70’s). He has had times of inactivity throughout his history on W29, but whenever returning has always brought his account back up to a top position account. His skill in attacking and defending, whilst understated was considerable. He was always willing to help his neighbours in defending against attacks. He and I have shared many a personal conversation and I consider him a good friend who I wish to keep in contact with after this game ends. He has always had a positive outlook on TLA and been a loyal and trusted advisor on many occasions.

- CliveUK – Clive has been an incredible asset to TLA, always willing to help others in defences and nuking. He has been incredibly generous with PP when people needed it most and has, since I can remember been amongst my most loyal members; always willing to help as and when he could.

- Iainr13 – Like with Clive above has always been first to send out all his defences to those in need of them and has become a carpet nuking king for anyone who wanted it. He has always been willing to help when he could and been truly loyal to me and TLA for as long as I can remember.

- Pigou. (original) (retired) – The original Pigou. was one of my first mentor’s on W29 and someone that I think may have been forgotten by many, but his skill in attacking taught me a great deal in the early game and I want to thank him for his help those many years ago.

- Maks123456 – Maks, whilst being the youngest member of TLA for as long as I can remember, has been a very mature and level headed player. She has helped me to cool down many situations with her positive outlook and has been the first to wish people well on their birthdays. Whilst she has had her share of arguments with a few select others, she has been without doubt one of the most positive people in TLA. She has been a good friend to me, as well as to many others.

- Magisa (retired) – Was an early Baron under Sam alongside Mikey, Slayer, and I. He was willing to sit and help others defend and was always happy to teach anyone who wanted to learn how to improve their IG skillset. Magisa, when active, was a great leader and someone many trusted and was close to.

- Whallo (later Pigou.) (retired) – Whallo was a good guy and someone I could often rely upon. Whilst he had gone inactive a few times he also helped out many more times. If I were building a perfect tribe, he would play a part in that tribe.

- Erto23 – Erto has been a silent player on the forums and previously a topic of debate amongst many players. This is mainly due to his growth and village build size early game off barb’s and inactives. He has demonstrated an incredible turn around in his playing style and abilities with aiding in the removal of the threats in the Southern hemisphere of W29.

- Paladayi – Like Erto above has been a quiet member in the forums, but from as far back as I can remember been a force to be reckoned with and has consistently been growing off enemy villages for some time now. He and Erto, along with Matador and the original Ayabakan have worked together incredibly well as a team, with Mikey as their mentor.

- Matador57 – Has been the leader of the pack with Erto, Paladayi, original Ayabakan, and a few others. He has always had a good level head on his shoulders and been someone who would listen to and offer reasoning. Matador has been respectful to me and has been communicative when needed.

- Ayabakan (original) – Worked very closely in the aforementioned team and someone who had also proven himself a great player in later game.

- Ayabakan (current) – Has hit the ground running, growing the Ayabakan account greatly in an area far away from home. He may been a bit aggressive and has taken a few of others claims in the end phase of this world, but without him we would be hundreds of villages away from the end now.

- The Norwegian Nightmare – Has been a quiet member on the forums, but has consistently had his head down and continued to forge a path through enemy territory. He Mikey and I were all fighting alongside each other to take out K66, and I must say he was very difficult to keep up with. He would be on my perfect team (as would many that I may not have mentioned).

- Bill the Greek – One of the latest recruits into TLA, Bill has proven his worth and abilities. He was also one of the more controversial recruits and was brought in to cause chaos amongst Grind and ultimately give TLA a good foothold deep behind enemy lines. When he first approached me about a place within TLA I was apprehensive and set him some tasks that I assumed would be difficult and turn him in to a target (to see how well he fared when under attack). He ripped through the challenges with ease, and I continued to extend the goal posts until it was apparent he was worthy of sitting amongst the great players already within TLA. There has been an education in this process, as he has not had much of an opportunity to attack enemies and deal with multiple incomings on multiple villages in the past (being a backline Grind player for the most part), but he has risen to the occasion and really proven himself.

- Redreagan – Someone I have had little interaction with until end game, but has demonstrated in end game his maturity and drive to the end goals of TLA.

- Briciolino – An early recruit from Grind and at the time considered a tag along to bringing in District at the time, has proven himself to be incredibly effective as a player and always helped keep our internal stats alive, driving players to continue to achieve the 100% dominance to end this world. He has had many past friends and alliances, that he had kept his word on (for the most part) and I truly do respect that. When there were hundreds of enemy villages on his doorstep who belonged to friends he took the time to move to a frontline where he could morally continue to push the line on behalf of TLA.

- Rismine – A long standing TLA member and someone who has been a very quiet person on the forums. Rismine has had incredible stats on enemy takes and has always simply continued along with little need for intervention or motivation. Rismine does not like players living off the backs of others and got upset over barb and internal noblers, but had continued to prove that growth from the enemies is possible and made it seem effortless. Rismine was also a topic of controversy when it was implied by someone that BigBert had infiltrated the account and was a spy working for Daryl’s tribe, but had proven that these were all tactics to attempt to draw chaos into the TLA fold.

- Lords of the Emos – Someone I could always rely upon (when active) to push the line quickly and effectively. LOE’s only major personal battle was over the fact that he was so far from the frontlines in the last year, so had made a decision to relocate from his home in K31 to the frontlines in K67, then off to K57 where he has dominated the K ever since. He has been playing TW throughout his University career and has had to take some time away from the game (sometimes on my suggestion) to focus on his studies, so as not to fall any further behind as he has. This game has taken its toll on his education due to its extremely addictive nature, but judging from my discussions with him, he is a considerably more intelligent guy than most and I know he will finish off his degree with no problems in time. I wish him all the best in his studies and hope to keep in touch over time.

- Macadamia (retired) – Macadamia was someone I got on with well when we were together in TLA prior to the NN breakup. He was always mature, respectful, willing to listen to reason, and played a great part in the pushing of the line. He also was a ring leader to a small group of incredibly effective players who worked very well together as a team.

- Myve – Someone I had little interaction with prior to recruiting her in with Macadmia from Grind, had been unhappy in Grind for some time. She moved in along with her close group of friends at the time as it seemed the better option. When her friends began to fade out of the game, she and Macadamia made a decision to come to TLA where they had more friends and a greater chance to make an impact on W29. Since coming in to TLA she had flourished by growing exponentially, working well with many others (including those not well known to her) and as a person is a very nice girl.

- Carson Patrick – Carson has been a hot topic of debate for some time now, as he keeps his head down, but also does his own thing. Until late game he took a fair few barbs and inactives in what seemed to be random places, but as end game came about his master plan seemed to unravel and his account position had grown to be a very effective place to take down an area that seemed to take a considerable amount of effort previously. I know he and Mikey (as well as a few others) did not see eye to eye, but I thank him for his contributions and am glad to have had him as a member of TLA.

- Mitchthemakem – Mitch is someone I have had little interaction with over the first 2 years in TLA, but over the past year and especially the past few months has proven to be a reliable and helpful member. He has been working with me to try to cool down situations that have gotten out of hand, has grown his account into areas that were heavily fortified by Grind, and been a good all-around guy.

- Mekamilynn – Someone who has worked very close with Mitch and has grown very well in the aforementioned areas of fortification by Grind. I have not spoken with her much, but has been a credit to TLA’s growth in the east.

- Minoy – While he has always been known for needing PP from his fellow tribe mates, minoy has also been always willing to nuke and noble any enemy village. Having been taken under Slayers wings early on he and Slayer worked very well as a team at pushing through K54 and beyond.

- DudeofDeath – Someone who’s activity has been in and out. When active DudeofDeath has been an incredible player, very mature and someone who took it upon himself to lead his colleagues and friends into battle.

- Andrew the Great – Someone who worked very closely with Slayer and had proven himself time and again how effective he can be at taking enemy ground very quickly. Andrew has been someone who has needed very little persuasion and help, but had brought TLA along to its goals with ease.

- Shaunabeer – Shaun has been someone I would consider a friend for some time now. Has always been willing to help me with leading groups of players, taking particular areas, and being an all-around positive player. He has had his share of controversy with a few heated arguments in the past, but has always been someone I could rely on to get the job done and help me with my plans for TLA.

- Tezmo – My arch nemesis during the DSL/Shadow war in my fight for K44, has proven to be someone I am glad to have fought alongside since under TLA’s banner. Whilst his activity went in and out at times, he was always willing to help push the borders with me and often was right beside me when pushing south through K54 and beyond.

- Madlax. (original) – Was THE force to be reckoned with prior to her sudden departure from W29. She was one of the masterminds behind NN, which shook up W29 greater than any other single action. Whilst I cannot recall actually fighting against her personally, she was someone who I know grew off enemy villages incredibly quickly, was not afraid to nuke and could time her defences well. I believe she had inspired many players both in her tribe and enemy tribes to be better players.

- Rebelherb – Someone who has been in TLA for a very long time and always someone who was great to chat with. He has been great at taking enemy territory and always willing to help others when needed in defences.

- Shorty22193 – Shorty has been someone that is very caring for the large number of friends she has made. She worked extremely well with her closest friend Oshman when he was active and together they helped to secure the southern front for TLA. She has helped me to bring past players back to ensure their accounts did not go barb when they began to show inactivity.

- Kristofski – Always someone to bring the mood up in any heated debate. In my opinion, Kris has been less bothered with the game itself then with the social aspect to the game. This attribute is all too often overlooked when considering the success of a tribe, but it is this personality who helps to keep a tribe together at its most challenging times. In the end game phase he suddenly broke into action taking K59 by storm.

- Mihajlo1990 (both Kieth and his dad) – It was deeply regretful to hear of the news of Keith’s death over the holiday season over a year ago, not for the loss of a good player, but for the loss of a good person at such a young age. He is present on more profiles in this game than anyone else I have seen in remembrance of him. When his father decided to continue to play his account on his behalf afterwards I was honoured to extend the same respect we had given his son for the time when he was with us all. As players both he and his father were always willing to help others and played very well. I wish Kieth’s family my deepest condolences and hope that they feel reassured that Kieth had touched many people lives without ever meeting them, simply through his personality.

- Jvtro (current) – While known by a select few, the most controversial recruit to date within TLA is in fact Liz (formerly known as Icklepickle). She came to me asking for an account to pass some time a few months after she had deleted her account from Grind. Grind seemed to be divided on opinion about her, and she was often kept firmly under the wing of BigBert. When he retired from TW she saw no point to continue to play at the time. I had been chatting with her for a few months before this had occurred and to me she seemed a very nice person, albeit a bit head strong and pain at times. Since taking the jvtro account she has grown it considerably and been always happy to continue to seek out the ultimate goals of TLA. She has likely passed some information on to Bert in his various accounts he had taken since his initial departure, but I am confident nothing was terribly important to divulge. She has never given any information on her past friends and I respect her loyalty on this. She may have steered me in the wrong direction once or twice (either maliciously or without knowing), but again this has not affected the outcome as we have succeeded well and her contributions have helped get us here. She has been a good friend and is always up for a chat. I hope she and I remain in contact beyond this game and wish her all the best in RL.

- BigBert24 (retired and then reincarnated a few times, then rimmed a few times) – Bert has been the arch nemesis and poster villain for TLA for some time now. Being the most outspoken Grind member in the world forums and someone I have had the pleasure of fighting against (albeit when he or I was sitting other players accounts). He was a very skilled player and someone I respect greatly IG. He has had a bumpy ride in RL and for that I am very sorry. I hope you have the courage to continue to work through the challenges that have faced you and that you have as positive a life from here on out as possible. If I were building a super tribe, I would want you on it, even if I hate your world forum presence (likely because it was against me and not with me).

- Perv3rt – Someone who has seemed to be an inactive in TLA for years, is also someone who I think has been more active than the vast majority of the tribe all along. Like Kris, his contributions have been more in lightening the mood and being a fun guy to chat with, but quietly he has also been a great contributor in nuking and sending defences. He has been someone I could trust and someone I could bounce ideas off for some time now and his advice and thoughts have been very welcomed and often acted upon.

- Sidewinder (rimmed) – Harvey has been someone who has shown great respect and kindness to both friends and foe’s alike. He held out a strong front against TLA for a long time and TLA needed to rally its forces to remove him from W29. He had said he would not allow us to rim him before the end of January and I am glad to see he was wrong, but it was not for lack of trying. He had grown his skills as a player mainly due to the heat that TLA brought to him and continued to fight back as best he could. Under the same amount of pressure many players with greater amounts of skill would have folded far sooner than he did and for this he has my respect. He will be a valuable team member of any tribe he continues on with in other worlds.

- Shaggey (rimmed in a couple days) – Like with Harvey above, Shaggey was the last standing obstacle for TLA to overcome in the finalisation of W29 dominance. I underestimated him as a player when fighting against him first in K65 and think he has held out better and played better than many would have imagined. He was a credit to Grind and W29.

- Sweenster04 (rimmed) – A name from the past, but our battles over K54 were epic. Hundreds if not thousands of nukes would be flying between us for months on end. He gave me a massive boost in my ODA and ODD while I was forcibly removing him from K54. Meanwhile his civility and respectfulness was incredible. From a fellow Canadian (though I now live in the UK) to another having grown up very close together I am honoured to have fought against you and Grind was a better tribe for your presence.

- Littlemisscsq2 (rimmed) – Like with Sweenster above, the battle over K65 was mainly against Linda. Her activity may have been in and out at times, but she was always annoying in her attempts at recaps and sniping. She, like with many others, has had a tough ride in RL during this world’s time and I wish her and her family all the best in the future.

There are many others who have made a huge impact on me as a player, leader and person, but in hopes of not competing with “War and Peace” I must end the thank you to all here. My time on W29 has been a great one that I will cherish, but one which I am glad to be rid of. I will be attempting to rid myself of this addiction and do not plan to continue on to any further worlds (after all it is nice ending on a positive note as the duke of the winning tribe on such a tumultuous world).

Thank you to everyone in TLA for your work and attitude. Thank you to everyone who has played W29 and made this a great experience.

shaggey69

thanks for those words it was a honor to play with you guy's and girl's good luck to you all in rl

DeletedUser

You summed it up perfectly,thanks too everyone who made w29 such an enjoyable place.

And of course sorry too all those i offended while under pressure of different things going on in real life.

I wish everyone a good life and remember dont ever live too regret missed opportunities.Grasp them and make the most of them as life is way too short..

Take care and goodbye.

Mikey.

Soberknight

Good! bye.

Mikey, come on and relive the good times on w50!

Final question that i have for this world: who will noble the last vil and which will be the last?

DeletedUser79621

- Kristofski – Always someone to bring the mood up in any heated debate. In my opinion, Kris has been less bothered with the game itself then with the social aspect to the game. This attribute is all too often overlooked when considering the success of a tribe, but it is this personality who helps to keep a tribe together at its most challenging times. In the end game phase he suddenly broke into action taking K59 by storm.

I was serious about the game to begin with but as time went on I just found it tedious but due to being involved for so long I didn't want to delete.

I'll be honest, I hardly ever tried to lighten the mood or end a debate on purpose, it was just the way I acted throughout my whole TW career, I in fact am exactly the same IRL when I am around those who I am comfortable with... I guess if I have to be remembered for something, being the 'class clown' is always worthwhile.

Believe it or not, I am in fact very introvert when it comes to interacting with people... Although, I can be very confident about things which suprises some people.

As for K59, I was determined to be top of a K and saw Matey wasn't growing so took advantage of the situation. Then cognaco went inactive and my job was made even easier... Not the toughest fight for #1 in a K as I had kind of hoped.

As for you JV... Of all the leaders I have had in my time playing TW (from my first attempts in W25/26 to my for the lulz of later worlds, you have been one of my all time favourites (I've probably played under about 30-40 different dukes and of those I would love to again play under 4-6 of them. (those being you, Sam, Kat + Kim, Dal, Forky [omgitsafire/1forsaken1, I never actually learnt his name ^_^] and Conor aka Shlomzi [at times anyway, other times he was just downright annoying... <3 you Conor {if you happen to look at this}])

You have done an outstanding job leading tla since Sam's departure and have handled all the situations I've known about in such a proffesional and intelligent manner.

- Jvtro (current) – While known by a select few, the most controversial recruit to date within TLA is in fact Liz (formerly known as Icklepickle). She came to me asking for an account to pass some time a few months after she had deleted her account from Grind.

I'm kind of upset she never told me... I thought we had something special Liz? :icon_cry::icon_cry::icon_cry:

I'm not sure if it was before or after she asked you but me and Liz had long conversations through the pm system on these forums... One of the focuses in these conversations was about her getting another account and possibly one being in tla. I would like to think it was before and so I had a part in it but I honestly have no idea ^_^

And of course sorry too all those i offended while under pressure of different things going on in real life.

You better be sorry you punk :icon_twisted::icon_twisted:

J/K... At times I wanted to punch you tbh, but in the long term (and occassional short term) I could see that you were just trying to inspire people to work harder and now I know you were venting anger due to RL issues.

I wish everyone a good life and remember dont ever live too regret missed opportunities.Grasp them and make the most of them as life is way too short..

Take care and goodbye.

Mikey.

I hope your life after TW is filled with exciting and fun things... As well as you and your family having wonderful health and great times together... Of all the people in tla atm I think you are one of the top 3 most hardworking... At times working entirely for yourself and at other tiems being completely selfless with your nukes and even allowing people to take your villages to help them get into a K.

Good! bye.

Mikey, come on and relive the good times on w50!

Final question that i have for this world: who will noble the last vil and which will be the last?

I will take the last village and it will be 894|570 (even though it's already mine, I will take it after all the others have been done ^_^)

On a serious note, I don't even know where any of my own troops are anymore as I have no premium anymore, so that rules me out.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Madlax. (original) – Was THE force to be reckoned with prior to her sudden departure from W29. She was one of the masterminds behind NN, which shook up W29 greater than any other single action. Whilst I cannot recall actually fighting against her personally, she was someone who I know grew off enemy villages incredibly quickly, was not afraid to nuke and could time her defences well. I believe she had inspired many players both in her tribe and enemy tribes to be better players.

NN was made out of blind loyalty and I was never suited to the part of leading such a tribe, which was unfortunate. Probably the better thing (or shake up on the world) was when I decided to disband it instead. Either way, I'm glad to see that my tribemates from the days of NME and DSL and respected rivals and brief tribemates from TLA ended up going on to win the world together in a way NN had been hoping to accomplish.

I always look back at this world fondly but in retrospective there were many many things I would have done differently had I known the things I knew now back then. But eh, hindsight is 20/20 and all those cliches.

Congrats TLA!

queenangel

As the Duke of *TLA*, reigning champion of W29 (being *TLA*, not me personally), I would like to thank all that have played W29 and made this game an enjoyable experience.

As this world has drawn to a close, I am reminded of many friends and foes alike that have made my time on TW something I wished to return to, day after day, year after year. My time with Tribal Wars began about a week after W29 had opened. I had no clue how to play, what tactics to use, and any of the more technical skills required later on in game. I will point out a few names of those who have really helped me improve as a player, person and leader over these past few years (apologies if I have left anyone off this list, it is a very long list, you will be remembered and I thank everyone alike):
- Sobaks (aka Dal and CC) – I had little to do with either of these players prior to them taking over the Sobaks account, but knew that Dal in particular was a highly revered member of NME / DSL / Shadow with a great following of loyal friends. He demonstrated his leadership qualities from the get go, and it is due to this that I asked him to join me in leading TLA. It is after asking him to do this that I realised he had a co-player, CC. Together they amazed me in how effective a team they were not only ingame (being the highest ODA per village player, taking entire enemy K’s at a time, and demonstrating incredible skill in defences) but also as a leader and advisor. They have probably helped me lead this tribe more than anyone other player and have always shown me the utmost of respect and loyalty. I truly would consider them to both be friends and thank you both for your contributions.

If I knew how to blush, I would be. How about you just buy the first pint and we call it even?

There are many others who have made a huge impact on me as a player, leader and person, but in hopes of not competing with “War and Peace” I must end the thank you to all here. My time on W29 has been a great one that I will cherish, but one which I am glad to be rid of. I will be attempting to rid myself of this addiction and do not plan to continue on to any further worlds (after all it is nice ending on a positive note as the duke of the winning tribe on such a tumultuous world).

Thank you to everyone in TLA for your work and attitude. Thank you to everyone who has played W29 and made this a great experience.

I have been honored to play alongside you John. Truly you are one of the best leaders I know, and an amazing person. Thank you for your time, effort, and incredible insights. I will probably miss you the most of all. (Don't tell Mikey nor Log)

lords of the emos

- Lords of the Emos – Someone I could always rely upon (when active) to push the line quickly and effectively. LOE’s only major personal battle was over the fact that he was so far from the frontlines in the last year, so had made a decision to relocate from his home in K31 to the frontlines in K67, then off to K57 where he has dominated the K ever since. He has been playing TW throughout his University career and has had to take some time away from the game (sometimes on my suggestion) to focus on his studies, so as not to fall any further behind as he has. This game has taken its toll on his education due to its extremely addictive nature, but judging from my discussions with him, he is a considerably more intelligent guy than most and I know he will finish off his degree with no problems in time. I wish him all the best in his studies and hope to keep in touch over time.]

Massive <3 :icon_redface:

Loved being in TLA and working with both you and sam. Wish I could have either focussed more time on TW and played all the way through or focussed on uni more and got better grades. haha

DeletedUser

TLA,
It's been great playing with you all over the last few years. JV, Thanks for clearing up the lie regarding my account.

Best regards to everyone, Rismine (Lisa)

DeletedUser79621

In all honesty, that sounded like a very good plan but for two things.

1. The reliance on certain things occuring... For example Myve joining, Eric being active (no offence Eric =]) and Maks wanting to turn against tla... Don't get me wrong, all of those things could have happened, but they didn't. Even before you lost your password the reliance backfired with certain players choosing to remain as tla (from what I recall of my conversations at the time with John)

2. Most of the ex-dsl players thrived upon being attacked... Although we (yes even me) enjoyed attacking, defending always takes more skill, anyone can launch nukes and time the nobles to land at the right times... So I honestly think, those of us who were ex-dsl that had got tired of playing (me included) would have stepped up our activity and made it very difficult for you.

Anyway, I for one would have been very impressed by it had it all worked out, I would have done my best to prevent you from succeeding but there's only so much I can achieve anyways... I hope you manage to remember your password (if you haven't already) and get to play TW once more under the bloodfest name and win a world with your unbelievable planning... I honestly think you would be a great leader for a tribe. Maybe not a nice or leniant leader, but a great one.

Maybe one day we will be in the same tribe once more and things will go better for all members.

Regardless, good luck in and good health in life Sean. Surely even you can be happy tla is victorious at least =]

DeletedUser

- Perv3rt – Someone who has seemed to be an inactive in TLA for years, is also someone who I think has been more active than the vast majority of the tribe all along. Like Kris, his contributions have been more in lightening the mood and being a fun guy to chat with, but quietly he has also been a great contributor in nuking and sending defences. He has been someone I could trust and someone I could bounce ideas off for some time now and his advice and thoughts have been very welcomed and often acted upon.

Thank you JV. It was an honor to serve. You made it fun to be a part of tribe. I am always around for teh lulz, oh and of course I will always be here for the gangbang :icon_cool:

Yes the plan was quite easy since I knew there was two moles in Grind that was active at that time so spread rumors that one of the major players will get hit since I would have done as I wanted all along which was wipe out the group we referred as the "Turks" in one stroke using Eric for up north Maks for her area Daryth and me and Myve I was hoping on down south. Jason and penguin I would have when TLA countered after we wiped out the "Turks". I had over 600 nobles at the time and from Jason and others have been telling me we have over 2500 nobles within a small group of us then Grind taking a small chunk of the "Turks" since I wanted to save some nobles for the counter strike. Remember at this time we have sent fakes at every major player in TLA since if you heard an Op was planned on you then you would have gotten faked and the script would have been sent one hour before launch time so no prior noticed since I told no one. Now these people would be defending a suppose huge assault and I wanted to make it from far away and let Grind not know fully what is planned but will say just attack these villages and if they complained about not knowing say three Ops were uncovered true they were fake but I can't trust you guys but you can trust me by my actions and I will of yours so lets see. So keeping TLA's major players pinned down as long as we can while we decimated those areas then after several fakes (scouting at least 100 of mikeys villages) hit mikey from me I will start sending real attacks the ones in k60's once I see real attacks from mikey then I will ask Jason to launch knowing it had to be timed perfectly since we both know when mikey sleeps. Once TLA launches I will send certain scripts depending on who is launching to attack using Grind.

I counted in one day even if all of the "Turks" were online and none sent support out but made it look like that they must so they would look good in TLA's eyes after what I said about them would be 1800 villages probably the biggest in history for one day. I used every tactic I had since this was crucial and one mistake would cost us and I knew about Christine's ego and her man's so used that to also make them act upon me. To get revenge lol like I really care about you guys since we have many in the military like you guys and you are easily controlled just have to bait you guys first which I did in when I asked you guys to try me. I had to make sure I knew you and I did *smiles*, I respected you guys since I took my time to really find out about you two-remember know your enemies well. Rollo you also fell in this category sorry you came back when you did after our assault with the Turks you would be on four fronts at least and when you felt secure I would use Grind to hit you for real after the fakes and then hit other areas timed well by Daryl and myself with real attacks making sure to leave them out of the script. Well after you Rollo the south will mostly fall sorry you are in vital areas it did depend on your actions rollo when I hit you.

I will keep feeding false information to everyone but know Slayer will catch on sooner or later since mentally he would be my greatest challenge, and still think we would be the last two my friend. I knew Jess was busy and I think sick at the time, yes you would have been my next opponent after mikey since no one would have expected you to be. I would be stack in most of my villages since penguin and others I would use for that purpose while keeping my mobile to snipe and defend newly conquered ones also would have had Jason being the best defender in the game to help me.

I wish we could have seen if it would have worked since after that big village gain I know we would have gotten, what would be TLA's next move since I had plans for each one but it depended on your guys reaction first. So John, tell me what you would have done after I struck and be honest and that goes for slayer rollo or anyone else who comes on here?
Since if we faked you guys hard then sent real attacks later would you guys actually kept all that support after seeing the "Turks" crumple or would you send it out, since using my moles in TLA I would make sure they asked for support from each one of you guys and the ones who sent it got attacked sorry but since you guys tried to spy and find out my plans I figured I would get sneaky as well. I know you guys awake and sleeping times what areas you are weak in and while no one knows exactly when I sleep since I been online almost any time of the day. Plus slayer I seen where your weaknesses lie since k64 showed that with monegron1 who I was the only one with any great success against him. Now would have taken more but for some reason a trusted member of the council did nothing and let them get retaken even though there was support there lol, so pathetic. Yes I know my enemies well, in game only; might love you guys in real life. I think it would have been epic and a month lol John be serious, say at least two months since even if I had no defense in the villages and just my own I can withstand you guys for a very long time which has been proven in the past except when the one time I got hit when Sweenster knew I was leaving and you guys knew for over a week.The funny thing is Daryl and Jason are with me I am only missing Jess the other who helped me at that time by sitting me.

I think we would have won but it depended on if Myve was with us or against us even if she was neutral I think we would have won since most of TLA was inactive or tired of the game and only a handful was left then I will make sure to cause strife in the forums to make you morale lower. I think after she saw what we did she would have joined us but I do not know, yes slayer I never planned on you joining us but had to make sidewinder think we were going to be but would have spoken some more to you after the "Turk" incident.

Bwhahahaha. Did I really read that part of your plan relied on Grind sending attacks. This just about made me fall out of my chair laughing.

Jason is a good defender, no doubt. The best on the world? I don't know about that. You realize when the Grind vs TLA war went that I was sitting a frontline account and got the account into the top three for ODD? And I'm not saying that I am the best either, just that our side has very capable defenders. You also tried to recruit me, but that wasn't happening. I would never turn my loyalty to one of the best dukes that I have played under.

And Blood - All of your K74 villages would have been mine :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

And Blood - All of your K74 villages would have been mine :icon_wink:

Everything you said is the truth, but the quote has made my morning.

Sean, your plan is not worth commenting on bar a couple of points. Too much reliance on inactive players, Grind players, and the assumption that your first attacks would hit players who could not defend. there is also the fact that 1800 would not have been possible for you and your conspirators, everyone knows you noble tip :lol:

And anyway in the end we all know that you would have had a "thing" within a week of launching, and that the failure would have been everyone else's fault and not the planners.

As always I wish you good luck, I just hope that in RL you do not rely on such tenuous plans if if's and butt's as these.

Dal

DeletedUser87372

Blood, thank you for clearing up your plans, oddly enough they are almost exactly what I had anticipated, if you do not believe me as anyone in the council at the time, as I had all of the preparations in place for those I thought were to be affected:

We had stacked all of Jess's K53 and western K54 villages, I asked the group you refer to as the "Turks" to prepare themselves and supply a list of villages needing stacking, which TLA subsequently stacked from afar. I knew Mikey and I would be in the plans. He and I both agreed that we would be able to work reactively, but could not send any of our defences in any of the areas we assumed would be attacked (K43, K53, K54, K63, K64). I figured one of us would be the fake and the other the real target, but that about halfway through the OP it would switch, so we both had to be ready.

Sobaks and Logboss were preparing to do a significant amount of carpet nuking while Mikey, Jess, Slayer, Rollo, and I would all fire on you specifically head on. We had enough nobles cumulatively to take every one of your villages in 1 week. We would completely focus on you as if we were to bring you (who at the time we thought was the ring leader, but later learned that Daryl was holding a fair few of the cards).

We did not want to involve the tribe on a whole until the event began, we wanted you to make the first strike, then we would counter almost immediately. Once the counter started from the key players in the area we would inform the tribe and have a focus be placed upon Grind (from the fronts far from you guys), Penguin (as we knew Bert was on the account) and if we saw any activity from them on Daryl and Jason (who we were the most reluctant to attack at the time, we assumed Jason joined in simply because he was tired of the game, was considering making it more interesting, but then just figured it was a good way to go out. I think Daryl had the same plan, just wanted it all over with a big bang).

Your plan relied heavily upon key members in TLA moving over to you for the surprise attack. I broke down who I would have thought would be well placed and have a good sized cluster of villages (as I know you love your clusters), the Myve/Macadamia contingency was one of the thoughts and LOE the other, as these players would give you strength in areas you had virtually none. When you got wind that Myve and Mac would not be joining you and Daryl began nobling in K74 to ensure you had something there, but it was a bit too late as your strength in the South without her and Mac was minimal in comparison to that of the group you were planning on hitting first. I wanted them to be the first to remove you from that area in particular and they were geared up to do it as a team.

I asked the entire tribe if there was anything I could do as a leader to improve their time in TLA and on W29. This was done for 2 main reasons:

1. You had me second guessing myself as a leader and I wanted to ensure what you were saying was a load of bull and not the truth, as if it were the truth I would have happily stepped aside and had someone else take the reigns. I did not ask for the job and only took it as I was asked to take it and had the support of a significant amount of the tribe at the time.

2. To open up discussions around people considering a move to you. A number of players forwarded me your mails to them asking them to move with you and both Myve and LOE explained the whole discussions they had with you. Myve never wanted to move and was perfectly happy staying where she was, LOE was considering the move at the time and was a bit torn. He and I discussed what would make his time better and his main issue was where a majority of his villages were; on the backline. I offered to help him (along with Mikey's help) to get him into K65, K66, K67, and later K57. He dominated K57 and got a new enjoyment of the game.

I assumed Maks would be part of your plan, as I knew her loyalty was with you at the time, but was not sure what she would do about it. I was not impressed to find out that she allowed you to log in to her account, but I can promise you that I had not submitted any tickets to the support staff regarding it. I honestly believed and still honestly believe that her intentions were not malicious in any way, but do think yours were. It was your way of spying, albeit illegally. I was happy to accept Maks with open arms should she chose to remain in TLA, or would have understood if she left to join you.

I knew there were a significant number of other players who you wanted to join, but may not have been as crucial in your plans (like Oshman, Shaunabeer, Shorty, Perv, etc.). That said, once I knew both LOE and Myve were unwilling to move I thought you would do 1 of two things:

1. Continue on with your plans regardless and fail miserably going down in a puff of smoke and taking everyone who joined in with you.

2. Have something take over your time last minute where you could not personally do anything about it, appealing to people's good nature not to attack you till you got back or at least to give you an escape with pride should you be attacked and your plans not go to plan. The loss of your password would fall into this category, but to this date I do not entirely know if it was true or not. I believe you, but it seems all too perfectly timed and coincidental that it came right after you found out that Myve and LOE would not be joining.

Had Myve and LOE joined you, it would have been a harder job but I am still convinced we would have been victorious in the end. Regardless, you would have been rimmed immediately and after that a number of your players would have either deleted or come back to TLA, the only exceptions being Penguin (Bert, who just wanted to have some fun against TLA again, and did not care about his account in particular), Daryl / Jason (who both just wanted to go out with a big bang), and Saxon (who I am not sure why was there, but assume it to be because he just wanted a bit of fun and some people to chat with on the forums).

Your plan was a good one, but in order for it to have had any success whatsoever, you required every single element of the plan to go exactly as you had intended, which I know for certain never does in this game. You may be able to run your own account militaristically, but many players in TW simply do not have the time or attention to do it. People tend to do what they can when they can, some more than others. Your reliance on Grind was too high, yes some in Grind would be reinvigorated and come to life, but 90% would continue to do the same thing they had always done. Your reliance on Jason as your key defender was far too high as well. he is a VERY good defender, but even the best defender can be taken out. He has a life and needs to sleep sometimes. TLA also has some VERY good defender's in it's ranks and they were at standby to be employed for sitting duties on the target accounts as and when. Logboss, for instance is in my opinion the best timer in W29, this ability makes him an incredible defender as well as attacker. Our defence was planned to be both offence and standard defence.

Having seen the whole plan unraveled, I remain confident that TLA would have been successful easily had you not lost your password, and less easily, but still victorious had LOE, Myve, and a few of the others you wanted to join you badly succumb to your plans. My biggest threat was people's loyalty to you, with which I was unsure of at the time as if a significant amount of players did join you then chaos would have been thrown in and we could have had another NN incident, which is the only way I can see that your plans would have worked.

I know there would have been damage on a few key target accounts in TLA, but the players you had intended to focus on are all very good at defending and attacking, and for the most part were stacked 5D deep (10D for those villages we pinpointed as being the most focussed on) from the furthest stretches of TLA.

Thank you for allowing the open forum on the plans, it was fun running down memory lane. That particular period for me was probably the period that had stressed me out the most as a leader, as I hated the idea of planning a counterstrike on some of my closest friends, but my loyalty laid and remains with TLA. Regardless of who intends harm on it, I will always do my best to defend TLA.

All the best in all of your future endeavours and now that the world is 6 villages away from ending, I do hope you and I can keep in touch.

Regards,
John

DeletedUser

I read the above and as it didnt happen i dont see much point in worrying about it.

Take care Sean and have a good life and dont keep worrying about w29 you will only cause yourself too get annoyed that it didnt happen.W29 is going too be history in a few hours.

DeletedUser87372

Mikey, I asked Sean to let us in on the secret as it was out of curiosity if my counter plans were correct. This was more of a bit of fun and to get the forums active again. Thanks for doing this Sean. This was not intended to gloat, flame, or be judgmental, just a fun way of seeing how well we were able to read eachother.

DeletedUser

Yes it was a good idea.I think i was ready if it had happened as were the rest of TLA.So i dont think it would have been near as easy as Sean portrays.

DeletedUser

Wow my first ever post!!
An account created just so i could respect all the players i have had the pleasure to work both with and against. I just wanted to thank all those that have spent anytime on this world it has been a blast.

I spent so many hours reading these forums but never posting for fear of flaming, surely now that only 2 villages remain Grind!! cant flame me?? ;-)

I have a few players that have kept me going in the world, Dmg*, mikey these guys brought me back when i was being internaled during a rough time in my RL thanks for contacting me on skype mikey. More recently JV picking up the ropes somehow seemingly from Sam which i thought was the hardest job on here, i mean all you could do was fail right???? I am so happy that JV was able to keep it going its a hard thing to stay motivated in a one sided contest. Not dissing Grind! i personally expected more it just didn't happen which was a shame. I think having almost every single account being highly active just tipped the scales too far.

Lord of Emos we started together but with one village..... didn't we do well?

DeletedUser

Lovely post Jv.

- Homeini (aka Jess or WFA) – Jess too came from DSL/Shadow and also came with a large number of close friends. She was known to me prior to being brought into the leadership team and what I knew of her as well as the main reasons for bringing her in to the team was her empathy and personality. She has been one of the most caring individuals in TLA and had a skill at being a good friend to many within the tribe. She helped to smooth over arguments and disputes and had a level head with aiding in making decisions. To top it off, she has been an incredible player with great skills in defences and timing, as well as sitting accounts regularly for both long and short terms. I plan to keep in touch with Jess long after the TW addiction ends for me.

Your words are far too kind, but well appreciated.

I think by far, you have done TLA proud, you lead with a strong direction and you continued to push TLA to thrive. I would think Sam would be proud to see TLA win, and how they won.

I will say W29 has been a fun emotional world (ergo the deletions). I have a lot of fond memories tho (yoshi and MQ and our Emo tribe) that still give me giggles. I believe W29 has been just as fun albeit long for a lot of players alike. I'd like to say thank you to the players who I have had the privilege of playing alongside with (when I am/was active) through out the history of W29. I made a lot of friends whom I still speak to and I am sure will continue to speak too. I am sad to see this world over but am glad at the same time ^_^.

May life treat everyone kindly, and may your lives be blessed with happiness and joy.

-Jess

May the sun shine, all day long,
everything go right, and nothing wrong.
May those you love bring love back to you,
and may all the wishes you wish come true!
~Irish Blessing

May you always have walls for the winds,
a roof for the rain, tea beside the fire,
laughter to cheer you, those you love near you,
and all your heart might desire.
~Irish Blessing

<3 Has been swell.

DeletedUser87372

I am not positive, nothing is positive in hindsight using assumptions, I am just confident.

I agree it would not have been an easy task, but it would have been a quick one. Slayer returned purely to fight you, as did a number of others around. That said, there would have been people (as there were) who would not want to play an offensive role in the war due to friendships, they did however supply defences to those on the front. Your borders were with Mikey to the North, Slayer to the west, me to the east and rollo to the South, with Jess interspersed throughout your account. These are some of the most war hardened highly skilled players in TLA, and whilst you may have known our attacking style and think we could not understand yours, we would be incredibly effective together where a great defender such as Jason could not cope for long.

Again, these are all assumptions so I am only giving my opinion.

I am glad I did not have to fight you, as you are a friend and it really killed me even planning against you and Daryl, but needs must at the time and I would have done so in order to protect TLA.