Mikeys attacking tips and strategy

DeletedUser

Fir all those who are planning on playing other worlds take these tips and you could also be a top ODA player.Good luck all with other worlds as well.

Thought i would share my trategy for the 1st time in TW history.

1.Always send full nukes(never half ones)

2.Always send plenty(if theres too may it will be a farming trip and the chance some will return.

3.Bombard the whole area and dont just concentrate on the village you plan to noble(more chance of keeping the village you then take.)

4.Dont be scared to lose troops(if you lose troops the enemy will lose more,and the best form of D is Attack.Remember O builds quicker than D and will always win.)

5.Dont be a point whore as your tribe mates will turn on you when the going gets tough(remember rogertan?)

6.Its a simple game and easier to rebuild than have to ask for support all the time.The enemies troops dont dissapear on there own and will need killing at some point.

I hope this helps if you stay along these lines and keep these mottos your tribe win the war easily.Theres no way your enemy can survive if you stick too these rules.There tried and tested by myself and work.....

DeletedUser87372

Good points to play by in TW. Being aggressive has certainly helped when going head to head with someone. Having a high ODA score on it's own is not something that demonstrates your ability, but as Mikey's stats show (and considering the top ODA players in general) it is a pretty good indication of the abilities of the player.

The key lesson I have learned over this whole process is Mikey's point 4, when I started playing TW I was afraid to lose troops and would only attack someone if I was certain I would gain more than I lost. What I have learned since is a fully developed village will rebuild its nuke in a couple weeks; time that could be spent doing something else while the village rebuilds, so why not. This is particularly true when the village count is reasonably high (say over 100 villages).

DeletedUser

Also a very good tip is that always plan for a counter attack and not just rely on your offense since taken a village can be easy sometimes but holding it is another factor all together.

queenangel

Shut up Blood. Mikey has real advice to offer people, complete with punctuation and *gasp* sentence structure.

Mikey - This is perfect, and a great reference for any player.

DeletedUser87372

Also a very good tip is that always plan for a counter attack and not just rely on your offense since taken a village can be easy sometimes but holding it is another factor all together.

True, but with enough offensive troops nearby you can continue to play the re-cap game till someone runs out of local troops. If your opponent is heavily mixed between O and D or mainly D, you will always win in taking the village.

In the case of mass nobling Mikey's strategy is the only way to go about it, in my opinion.

That said, you are quite right Blood, you do need to plan for the unexpected and learn your opponent as quickly as you can to make your strategy as efficient as possible (for instance I know there are certain players who super stack villages, others who scream for support in the forums, and others who dodge and snipe or retake, each has its own effective strategy against them). Mikey's method is in my opinion the most effective when your opponent is not yet known and in essence the best general strategy from which to play the game.

Thank you Mikey for sharing it. It is quite straight forward for me, but I have been playing with you for about 3 years now so have learned from you along the way, our fallen friends may not have learned this as yet.

DeletedUser89005

if i can add my own little "tips" to the above.. (which i will) it is to follow mikeys 1,2,3,4 to the full and to try and learn your targets tactics, do they snipe, re-cap, defend, how do they attack.. for me in the game i was over 90% offensive at one stage, i would have watched players shouting out for support in backline vills "that they had 12-50 nukes headed to them with nobel trians" to me that was the perfect incoming, dodgeing all those nukes "which may have taken days to arrive, doing the odd cat attack for them only to return empty handed and the cat damage rebuilt.. and if any village was lost, it was easily retaken.. i never believed in stacking all under attack vills unless they where frontline nuke/nobel vills, it was so much easier for me to retake a vill than to defend it, and if done right, you can get to kill all the incoming support that follows to it, i would advise any future players to consider playing in "clusters" with 1-2 heavily defended nuke/nobel vills with atleast 10 nobels in them, that way if you lose a vill you can easily retake it...
i guess as stated above.. is that each had there own tactic, which worked well for them, but a little trial with other tactics can make it alot more fun...

Subwind

Fir all those who are planning on playing other worlds take these tips and you could also be a top ODA player.Good luck all with other worlds as well.

Thought i would share my trategy for the 1st time in TW history.

1.Always send full nukes(never half ones)

2.Always send plenty(if theres too may it will be a farming trip and the chance some will return.

3.Bombard the whole area and dont just concentrate on the village you plan to noble(more chance of keeping the village you then take.)

4.Dont be scared to lose troops(if you lose troops the enemy will lose more,and the best form of D is Attack.Remember O builds quicker than D and will always win.)

5.Dont be a point whore as your tribe mates will turn on you when the going gets tough(remember rogertan?)

6.Its a simple game and easier to rebuild than have to ask for support all the time.The enemies troops dont dissapear on there own and will need killing at some point.

I hope this helps if you stay along these lines and keep these mottos your tribe win the war easily.Theres no way your enemy can survive if you stick too these rules.There tried and tested by myself and work.....

I just got sent this by a friend. Did you read my mind, these tactics are so similar to my account it's freaky. I wrote a program that list all enemy villages in specified distances around my/tribemates villages, so attacks are only ever sent to profitable targets. Is there a need to send random nukes to a village that is not in your 35x35? All nukes focused in the 19x19 of the allied account, harder to be attacked back, and no nukes go to waste....

ODA-List.png

Fastest nobler in the world too, ODA gain means one thing, empty villages.

~Matt

DeletedUser

Shut up Blood. Mikey has real advice to offer people, complete with punctuation and *gasp* sentence structure
Lol Christine sorry you hate me but facts are facts, and thank you John :). Mikey did cover the rest nicely, plus I did have a very nice ODA before I left.

Soberknight

Me wonders how long mikey can last without the thrills of TW....

I am sure i can always get him a good account in W50. Not that hard to get someone with the score he had over here a new job :)

Mikey, if you read this: make my day and come and play w50!

DeletedUser

I dont miss it at all Sober my friend.I log in now and again too see whats happening but thats about it.

The free time is great although i do miss the people who i played with and a lot of others if truth be known.

Soberknight

I dont miss it at all Sober my friend.I log in now and again too see whats happening but thats about it.

The free time is great although i do miss the people who i played with and a lot of others if truth be known.

I already quit this world at 1,5 mln points because i couldnt handle the gameplay with my RL commitments. I can still remember how it felt. suddenly nomore stress when you need to send attacks and dodge incomings and have to go to your parents-in-law at the same time :)

If i am right in about 3 or 4 months you will start to miss it a bit more. If you still choose not to play then it will prob be final ;)

If you do come back i know you will love ODA. Imagine a tribe with 4 or 5 players that match your skills. Those 4 players wipe out enemy K's in matter of days right now. Never seen any tribe slice through enemy like that in that phase of the game. You will think you are in TLA again ;)

DeletedUser

Thats where your wrong Sober,i was just lucky enough too have great tribe mates and loads of free time.I had no skill but was willing too do the long hours whilst having the backup of some superb players alongside me.

If i ever miss it i will mail you,but i really hope that wont be the case.

Good luck winning that world i will keep an eye on whats happening there now and again.