Who is TW's greatest player?

• Thread starter DeletedUser100736
  • Start date

DeletedUser

No, clearly it is Choco. I don't understand why we're debating this :p

DeletedUser

XShahzad is definally it. He proved it himself. He has more integrity, responsiblitity and honesty than anyone else :D

Muldie325

Purple Predator is the best TW has to offer? :icon_redface:

No..

http://forum.tribalwars.net/showpost.php?p=2630963&postcount=69

Also been told he's unimpressive by people who sat him.

(The world 45 purple predator wasn't him btw)

PS: Jamm Is the best tw has to offer?

No really.. that nobling record isn't actually what's bad. What's bad is that he and the other "legends" in their tribe despite adapting to settings being what they preach, all stuck to their old ways and didn't build higher than 20 hq, while on the rim on a world with a troop speed modifier of 2 and growing barbs. Jamm nobling lots of 1000 point bonus vills was actually smart for those settings.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No..

http://forum.tribalwars.net/showpost.php?p=2630963&postcount=69

Also been told he's unimpressive by people who sat him.

(The world 45 purple predator wasn't him btw)

PS: Jamm Is the best tw has to offer?

No really.. that nobling record isn't actually what's bad. What's bad is that he and the other "legends" in their tribe despite adapting to settings being what they preach, all stuck to their old ways and didn't build higher than 20 hq, while on the rim on a world with a troop speed modifier of 2 and growing barbs. Jamm nobling lots of 1000 point bonus vills was actually smart for those settings.

Touché on the Jamm comment ;)

Muldie325

If anyones nominating players who are good in the mid game / late game but not so much start up then I have to throw Osiadus in there. He's always been a beast when I've played with him.

DeletedUser

If anyones nominating players who are good in the mid game / late game but not so much start up then I have to throw Osiadus in there. He's always been a beast when I've played with him.

Indeed. Osi is as close to early game king as you get.

Muldie325

No.. i said mid to late game.. not early game lol. Osi was just average early game. :p

[4/08/2010 6:37:10 p.m.] Osiadus * Brando!* W45 / W47 Epifiny42d / Oshi-: I'm slowly creeping up the charts... I'm normally about 60 when I noble
[4/08/2010 6:37:32 p.m.] Osiadus * Brando!* W45 / W47 Epifiny42d / Oshi-: It's after the first 2 or 3 vils are nobled that I start being a monster

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Whoops. But no, from what i saw on w55 he was beastly. When he left, 1/4 of the world fell in disarray.

DeletedUser95593

Agree with that Osi is a beast. Was good to be in the same tribe on w51.

Whoops. But no, from what i saw on w55 he was beastly. When he left, 1/4 of the world fell in disarray.

His acc was coplayed on that world with another good player. His tribe disbanded when he left as both dukes had quit if that's what you mean.

No, clearly it is Choco. I don't understand why we're debating this :p

<3

DeletedUser

Shaddap choco. Its Knight Sabers job to make me look like a fool.

DeletedUser

Muldie, you make me really sad now. I don't what your problem is, that everytime you see the name jamm you have to start telling lies and try to speak bad about me. World 33 was one of the last worlds i played, never surpassing rank 2000ish. I was in a tribe of people I liked, well at least a part of the and thats about the only reason I stuck to the game, occasionally nobling some greys, which is actually the only chance of growing, when you are less active than those semiactives on the rim.

My prime was world 3 on the international, world 5 on the german server, when i invested way too much time into the game. I had been playing longer than almost everyone on the .net server and starting crunching numbers, trying to find out how this game really works. At that time, and only for that brief time I actually was the best player on .net, but i don't think that was something that special.

Contrary to what muldie says i adapted to the worlds setting and was one of the first, if not the first who started building the HQ to level 27, which used to be the most efficient build at the time. I was probably the first who asked friends to coplay with me to have someone on the account all the time, probalby the first to start with bookmark farming, backtiming, allowing people to noble my village in order to smash their offense and taking the village back. Unlike other great players i shared everything i knew and found out, thus keeping ahead was quite impossible, but worked for a short while nontheless.

If someone else with even half a brain, and that is probably something that will sort out about 80-90% of all Tw players would have invested an equal time into the game he would have done exactly the same and his name would be in all of those "best tw players" discussions.

Then came the fanboys, like muldie, who worshipped me as a legend and you get annoyed, i even flamed quite a few of them, again including muldie and fanboyism switches to some form of hatred.

Purple predator, raul duke were players that for a while dominated the game as they adapted to the settings and played with massive investment of time. Others like cheesesaurus never invested that much time, but crunched the numbers understanding the game in depth and passed their findings.

In the end i managed to get rid of my TW addiction, but still like to see this as part of my life, sad it may be, which in some very twisted way is an accomplishment for me, thus in some melancholic way a reason to read through these forums every few month.

THE best player of TW is a term you probably cannot bestow on anyone, as nowaday players will surpass every name from one of the oldest servers as there are new tactics, new playing styles and there is quite a few players who really outperformed in the time they played.

In retrospect I never should have started playing this game, as it was highly addicitive for me and the only way to get rid of it was to stop the contact which each and every player at least for a year, and succeeding in this from were i came from is what makes me the best Tw player ever in my book.

DeletedUser

Did you search for your own name or what? :lol:

Anyway, would this topic not be much better served in some category not W56? Most posters do not play w56. o_O

DeletedUser

It really depends on how much you lean on them actually staying in a world. Most of the names getting thrown around jump from world to world after sitting at rank one for like a month and considering that world won.

I enjoyed the speed 2 remake when I played with Jamm and Thar very much and learnt lots from them. I can't really remember when that was but even then things were completely different to when I started playing the game and from now. There are different stages of TW history you have to consider. How can you compare Winston Churchhill and Atilla the Hun? Pointless question really considering the differences in their positions.

Point being, now a days, skill is overshadowed by activity where as before all these changes skill played a much larger part. I am not saying that the top players have no skill, I am just saying with brute activity you can go far in TW now whereas before that wasn't the case so much.

DeletedUser

It really depends on how much you lean on them actually staying in a world. Most of the names getting thrown around jump from world to world after sitting at rank one for like a month and considering that world won.

I enjoyed the speed 2 remake when I played with Jamm and Thar very much and learnt lots from them. I can't really remember when that was but even then things were completely different to when I started playing the game and from now. There are different stages of TW history you have to consider. How can you compare Winston Churchhill and Atilla the Hun? Pointless question really considering the differences in their positions.

Point being, now a days, skill is overshadowed by activity where as before all these changes skill played a much larger part. I am not saying that the top players have no skill, I am just saying with brute activity you can go far in TW now whereas before that wasn't the case so much.

Exactly, and that's why I dont class these "fly-by-night" start up players as skilled. It's like taking the first pawn in chess and then declaring yourself best chess player in the world before buggering off to take the next pawn on another board. There are good start up players, good mid game players and good end game/high stamina players.

you get from this game what you want, but the criteria for this game is being in a tribe that wins a world. If you chose to have your own personal goals, fine by me, but that is not the object of the game.

So by that criteria, I would like to know if there are any players out there who have been in a winning tribe on say, 4 or more worlds?

DeletedUser

4 worlds Glyn? Not really sure if there have been any. I've heard of a few who are approaching 3, but not heard of one approaching 4 yet. Though, depends on when they get the account on each world though; if it's the last days of a war etc, then the criteria isn't stringent enough :D But the amount of players that I know/have heard of, you can count on two hands :p

DeletedUser

I had been playing longer than almost everyone on the .net server and starting crunching numbers, trying to find out how this game really works. At that time, and only for that brief time I actually was the best player on .net, but i don't think that was something that special...

...and succeeding in this from were i came from is what makes me the best Tw player ever in my book.

^
Hilarious.

Frankly I think it would be too difficult to find the best overall TW player, but it certainly wouldn't be a foot soldier like most that are mentioned. This is like the difference between a piece on the chess board and the actual chess player. These rank 1 players with all the number crunching etc are just chess pieces, maybe queens instead of pawns. But ultimately it's the hand controlling them that makes all the real decisions, and determines who lives and who dies and who will win the world. So if you want to know who is the best TW player? You would just need to look through the leaders and influencers. Thankfully it's a much smaller pool to look from, although still too difficult a task, and I'm sure you would find many differing opinions.