The hugging era

DeletedUser3776

Just to post sth to this quiet forum.

The lack of active players in this world has become so extreme (revert to TW - a dying game?). But what would we expect - rush of active tribes to grab everything and end this [boring] world fast? No, this world chose another path.
Is it search of active players or just extreme laziness to fight weaker guys, what is top tribes looking like:

Honor, H20 - what?! Seriously, honor 2.0? WHY, HONOR, WHY?
Fork, Fork2 - faaark denied OW! to be fork's bitch, but will he deny tribe that has "property of Fork" in their description to be their bitch? Guess they needed a replacement for NEWBS, that drowned in obscurity.
Bunny, Bunny2, Beyond (still in top 20) - well, Manic/Beyond were going that way for a long time.
HOT and GOT have been a family for like forever, but... Fallen joined them, did they feel like GOT will protect them from Honor or what? Lol.
MYMP has a reference to BERRY as their root in description, not sure what that means.

So, is the 40 member limit not enough anymore? All our top tribes seem to think so.

Your opinions and comments, gentlemen.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm not the Duke of Fork, so I dunno why you think I should answer the question in regards to Fork2.

From a personal perspective, people may want to look at how the hugging started. Manic hugged the living shit out of everyone to gang up on Fork. This had a domino effect in galvanizing the rest of the world against Manic and it's allies.

DeletedUser104941

I hate family tribes as much as the next guy, but try telling GOT that it doesn't make sense to have HOT and fallen fighting on their side. Tell honey that H20 isn't a good way to cultivate talent for the future and park inactives, or tell us that beyond and manic merging wasn't the best course of action for both tribes.

I respect hugely people who stick to their principles throughout but if you're too dogmatic to those beliefs you may find they hold you back or bury you altogether!

DeletedUser3776

faaaaark, it's just you are the main fork mouthpiece around; sure you don't have to answer.

And yup, guess that was started by Manic but did it help them in any way? Don't think so. Latest merging beyond/manic hasn't really bought anything positive, but instead dropped aside farmhound, archangel, cripthdemon and some other guys.

I'm not saying families is sth bad, but I don't think honor or fork really needed that, especially fork, who already have OW! as a recruitment tribe.

DeletedUser

Okay, so let me try to frame a few things and then sit back and watch the flaming.

Fork were always friendly with OW! but they were never considered to be an extension of Fork until the Manic war erupted. At this time, as a core tribe we knew we would need to freshen the ranks from time to time and it is almost impossible to do this as a core tribe. Your choices are to merge with another core tribe or defeat your main enemy and then recruit their best. We knew the Manic war would take FOREVER so we started to discuss our relationship with OW!. They were a rim tribe with common goals - they were at war with Beyond. It made sense to make OW! a feeder tribe for Fork when we had room. Over the last few months, the majority of our recruitment has come from there. We do not control OW!, but we do advise them on political issues and they have been known to support Fork's frontline but not as much as people tend to think. The vast majority of our support is our own.

As for Fork2, we had several basher tribes over the last few months. All tribes have these in morale worlds, so don't flame me... you'll simply be making yourselves look stupid. We consolidated several basher tribes into NEWBS. We then had issues with several players within the tribe recently. At several players requests (including players from OW!) we decided to move the loyal players out of NEWBS into Fork2 where we have direct control of them. So yes, Fork2 is effectively our bitch tribe if you want to use that terminology. I prefer to use the term - a 60 tribe member limit.

I have issues with the 40 member limit and I would think every other tribe has had the same frustration at some stage. At times, Fork has had to move a recruit to OW! or another tribe as we didnt have the room. Almost all of the top 4 tribes have floated around the 40 member mark from day one. So where do you put that next recruit or inactive?

It's almost impossible to create a proper team that can cover your bashers, your inactives and your new recruits without having a tribe to park certain people in so they can either be internaled or tested for future recruitment.

To me, the perfect limit is about 60. Every world I have been in where the member limit is 40 always ends in the same manner. You end up with family tribes with a dominant main tribe and the inactives, bashers and recruits in the smaller tribe. With shared forums, its simple for the leadership groups to get around the 40 member limit. Link your forums and you can effectively create an endless amount of tribemates.

Either way, who really cares? My definition of hugging is where so much diplomacy is in place that there are no wars. At Fork, we've been at war since day one and we have taken on the top tribes at all stages. To call Fork huggers is a bit of a stretch. We have been at war on all sides during the length of this world and we had to combat the one sided world that Manic created by locking up the east.

DeletedUser103070

faaaaark, it's just you are the main fork mouthpiece around; sure you don't have to answer.

And yup, guess that was started by Manic but did it help them in any way? Don't think so. Latest merging beyond/manic hasn't really bought anything positive, but instead dropped aside farmhound, archangel, cripthdemon and some other guys.

I'm not saying families is sth bad, but I don't think honor or fork really needed that, especially fork, who already have OW! as a recruitment tribe.

Ooooooh publicity :lol: Beyond leaders made the mistake of not asking their members what they wanted. And the Farmhound account hasn't had an active player for awhile now, it's been sit, fairly easy to tell that from twstats.

DeletedUser

I hate family tribes as much as the next guy, but try telling GOT that it doesn't make sense to have HOT and fallen fighting on their side. Tell honey that H20 isn't a good way to cultivate talent for the future and park inactives, or tell us that beyond and manic merging wasn't the best course of action for both tribes.

I respect hugely people who stick to their principles throughout but if you're too dogmatic to those beliefs you may find they hold you back or bury you altogether!

This is very well stated

Honor actually downsized. We had ~HT~ with 40 members and now H20 with under 30 and closed recruitment. Late stages people become inactive. So this is a place to park inactives and also where our new bodies come from. And this kind of thing has been going on since W15 it is nothing new

DeletedUser

it happened way befor 15 (miss the old days of rulling that word ;( ):p
the concept is a good one, or else what we have top10 tribes with 10-15 actives and 30+ inactives and sat accounts...does sound fun to me though think of all the easy villages :D

DeletedUser3776

faaark, why would you expect flaming? KK, muso and the whole manic flame crew seem to have left this forums (at least for a while).

Maybe there really is too much diplomacy - the whole world just seems to be busy with eating bunnies, knowing that if Honor and Fork declare on each other now it will be total chaos with no predictable winner (even bunnies will get a chance, huh). It will be fun after all, and I understand the will to get some better and active players for the future; but the question is will they stay in game until some real action is brought up, because despite Badgers saying sth like "manic will not last long", I'm pretty sure they will.

DeletedUser54677

I haven't left, I'm merely observing. I find it's a much better change of pace than responding to flames all the time. :)

I will admit, it's a lot more interesting to see everyone's view on things and compare them to my own.

DeletedUser

faaark, why would you expect flaming? KK, muso and the whole manic flame crew seem to have left this forums (at least for a while).

Maybe there really is too much diplomacy - the whole world just seems to be busy with eating bunnies, knowing that if Honor and Fork declare on each other now it will be total chaos with no predictable winner (even bunnies will get a chance, huh). It will be fun after all, and I understand the will to get some better and active players for the future; but the question is will they stay in game until some real action is brought up, because despite Badgers saying sth like "manic will not last long", I'm pretty sure they will.

Manic folded already, if Honor and Fork we're to fight bunnies would still be bunnies scared little creatures with no hope. Honor will get their chance with fork as fork with honor. After we are rid of the rest of you and finish patting one another on the back.

DeletedUser104941

And here i thought we were having an actual discussion rather than another "you suck!,..... no YOU suck!" thread.:icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser3776

Weilai521, no, you just mention "manic" and thread dies.

Well, manic/bunny has not folded yet, how can you say that when they still have good 1/4th of the world in their hands. I am sure they will fall, but unless they disband (which is quite possible with the way they act) I'd bet we will see them around till at least the end of summer. But yeah, we already have "fork's fatal error" for this discussion.