Side 2: 1,174
Difference: 1,050

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 1,147,582
Side 2: 10,985,646
Difference: 9,838,064

chart

I got into a conversation recently about some really ancient TW days. Ancient only because it was a time we didn't have as much help to make the game faster and less time consuming. eg scripts.

Looking around my area and thinking about how I started on w55 got me thinking about one consistency from ancient times to even now........ Spying.

Spying can be a magor factor on how something turns out. I say "can", because it doesn't always workout that way. A few years ago there was this event in TW called "teachu". I recall speaking to someone about how it all went and telling him the buzz that was going around at the time. Giving him a look from an outsiders view. He said he would be disappointed if no one had spied on "teachu" cos it was a part of the game too.

I did assure him that teachu was a success and from the buzz I had been hearing there was no reason for him to be disappointed cos all aspects of the game did get covered -.-

:D he laughed and went
"muhahah cool!"

I would say 99% of us have experienced the effects of a spy and our reactions to it sure wouldn't be so jovial :p

Anyway I have put these stats here as an example, I look at them and wonder how much spying contributed to them. What would a spy be able to pass on? Even now at this stage how will these tribes be effected by spying?

DeletedUser101209

The simple way to put it is TW is a game of information and problem solving, Every tribe runs spys, Those who have the correct info and use it to their advantage to make more problems for the other tribe to solve, Gain a big advantage.

So to answer your statement, It all depends on how the leaders used the info, Alot of times info is useless due to other things like inactives or location.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I wasn't involved but i will explain the things i know.

Generally it was a tribe setup as a teaching school aka "Teachu"

u had to send in an application "blah blah why u wanted them to accept u etc" from what i heard positions in Teachu were not easy to get. It had a start and a finish. by that I mean Teachu ran for a stated period. everyone knew by a certain date teachu would close. alot of tribes had players apply with the idea to learn, pass on what they got shown and when teachu folded they would return to their tribe.

it was run by a bunch of players who wanted to promote TW and better the skills they felt where diminishing in the game. also to help beginners understand the how's of the game in a coaching style of environment.

it's like if u are a new player and this is ur first world it can be very difficult to survive with players around u who have done it b4. if ur new and u find someone to take u under their wing u have a better chance to learn quicker and dominate.

anyway it was done in w13 and alot of tw guides u see in the traps now where used, created or evolved from the teachu team. mm ok -.- maybe not so many are around like they used to be, openeye's is still somewhere around.

i remember it was an exciting time and the very young players loved the idea. aka - why spies were used cos places were limited :lol:

DeletedUser

The simple way to put it is TW is a game of information and problem solving, Every tribe runs spys, Those who have the correct info and use it to their advantage to make more problems for the other tribe to solve, Gain a big advantage.

So to answer your statement, It all depends on how the leaders used the info, Alot of times info is useless due to other things like inactives or location.

do u think info was leaking much here danB? Innov/exFray etc members claimed to know inside a-4zl abit. u know suggesting spies, i suppose trying to do like u say there " to make more problems for the other tribe"

Side 1:
Tribes: INNOV
Side 2:
Tribes: A-4ZL!

Timeframe: Forever

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 170
Side 2: 1,462
Difference: 1,292

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 1,493,533
Side 2: 13,773,813
Difference: 12,280,280

chart

stats suggest that it didnt work and leaks were minimal or as u also say the info wasn't correct due to what ever circumstances.

with alf and edwr i know they kinda screwed each other alot and internal fighting spewed out and the diplomacy between them and others in the area was very much a back stabbing/threatening style. that kinda environment breeds spies.

INNOV has had more than it's fair share of internal strife dan, looking at ur unfavorable stats i know it's greatly a result of facing a team work tribe.
a tribe with continuing internal issues isnt really a match for one that prefers to play as a team. u'd be on ur back foot even b4 any conflict started.

Side 1: 170

do u think spies were/are an issue for INNOV?

DeletedUser

Side 1: 124 alf edwr edwc

Side 1: 170 innov

i have a feeling if i went through and looked at nyx .7. here... or bawlz wars i might find a similar dominance in stats.
i am looking at the stats now thinkin "nah, spies played no magor part in this, i have been backstabbed alot in the pasted and i am just so glad i came to w55 and met some great ppl who felt the same about game ethics as i do.

in the old cowboy movies, the bad guy always wore a black hat and the hero a white one. i think we all know in w55 which tribes would be wearing the black hats.

DeletedUser101209

Not sure really, I have kicked people for passing info and there may have been others but thats something noone will ever know 100% as most leaders are smart enough to keep their mouth shut

Lots of info gets passed around but there are other factors such as location and your people in that location, Things of greater importance ect.

DeletedUser

Much as it pains me to admit it I'd have to agree with Dbradford spying can be usefully but getting good Intel that you can use is usually more trouble than its worth :p i.e deciding if your spy is being given false Intel. also if your tribe cant seam coordinate together **cough**Innov**cough** no amount of spying will help you .

DeletedUser

true mal, agree with both of you. at one stage intel about diplomacy may have enlightened any a-4zl enemies earlier on and maybe they could have tried to use that knowledge to stop the current outcome.
area never set diplomacy by marking lulz intribe, even a spy would have had difficulty picking up on how close the relationship was, 0.0 the only one who really understood the relation was zen/noir anyway.

i believe lulz handled it the same way. just a word and a hand shake, no need to take it further. for our leaders it seemed enough. i can see why a spy back then may have thought they could turn area and lulz to enemies with a little push. same for lulz and nyx. i remember there was bit of pushing here and there.

Dan... if you knew somethings earlier in the game that you know now, what would you have liked a second chance at. i mean if you could have foreseen somethings where do you think there might have been a different outcome.

DeletedUser4587

When I was doing leadership in Nyx I never really felt a need for spies. Didn't feel necessary. All of the very few actual ops INNOV and .7. had sent against us we were able to thwart them with a net gain of zero villages without trying to use any spy info. Their faking was always rudimentary a their timing was always awful. Reading the incomings was always much easier than reading any idiotic drivel some coward sent to us from their forum.

DeletedUser101209

true mal, agree with both of you. at one stage intel about diplomacy may have enlightened any a-4zl enemies earlier on and maybe they could have tried to use that knowledge to stop the current outcome.
area never set diplomacy by marking lulz intribe, even a spy would have had difficulty picking up on how close the relationship was, 0.0 the only one who really understood the relation was zen/noir anyway.

i believe lulz handled it the same way. just a word and a hand shake, no need to take it further. for our leaders it seemed enough. i can see why a spy back then may have thought they could turn area and lulz to enemies with a little push. same for lulz and nyx. i remember there was bit of pushing here and there.

Dan... if you knew somethings earlier in the game that you know now, what would you have liked a second chance at. i mean if you could have foreseen somethings where do you think there might have been a different outcome.

If i could of done something over, i would have taken out the old leaders as soon as i could, They did nothing but made more work for me and ruined plans, slowed progress. (wait till my tribe reads this and starts to call me a dictator again)

DeletedUser

0.o
what would that have helped Dan? the same ppl would have been there? and doesn't that mean there still would have been the bad press in here? how earlier do u mean?

before what direction that the old leadership took?

DeletedUser98074

Side 1:
Tribes: ALF, EDWR, EDWC
Side 2:

Timeframe: Forever

Side 1: 124
Difference: 1,050

Side 1:
Tribes: ALF, EDWR, EDWC
Side 2:

Timeframe: Last week

Side 1: 9
Side 2: 202

chart

A-4ZL!: the village 33302
ALF,EDWR,EDWC: the village 2712

wow =d

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser102637

If i could of done something over, i would have taken out the old leaders as soon as i could, They did nothing but made more work for me and ruined plans, slowed progress. (wait till my tribe reads this and starts to call me a dictator again)

Dan, you dictator! :lol: