[POLL] SOTW - Smudge

Vote for your favorite!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser102804

IMO, the best smudging technique was in Entry #2. It created nice depth, and had realistic lighting.

jamesanddelo2

damn.... 4 should have been the winner :/

Ha thanks Kash, I doubt you'll remember me but I was Confusion on that old external gfx forum we used to have (if I remember correctly you ran it?)

Thanks Freak as well! You were on the external as well!

DeletedUser

#1 could have been really good if they had just worked on it a bit more. The basic form is down. That's the trouble with smudging I guess. People don't spend nearly enough time on it and as expected, the level of refine and detail isn't there.

Either way I didn't bother to vote, so I guess it doesn't really matter what I'm thinking now :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

#1 could have been really good if they had just worked on it a bit more. The basic form is down. That's the trouble with smudging I guess. People don't spend nearly enough time on it and as expected, the level of refine and detail isn't there.

Either way I didn't bother to vote, so I guess it doesn't really matter what I'm thinking now :icon_razz:

Yeah I agree, it was my favourite originally but it is a bit messy.
And what are you talking about I spent ages on mine......:icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser102804

I still haven't really gotten the hang of smudging, but I don't spend much time trying to figure it out. I know how to set up the layers and use the different shades and mix the colors and whatnot, it just ends up really choppy or messy.

ae3f5455.png

e9a44ee1.png

Those are the last two smudges I did, and I personally think they both look terrible.

DeletedUser

First one has a cool background and an awesomee render :p Sadly they don't blend together :/