World 59 happened so fast...

DeletedUser103898

Is it me or has world 59 been incredibly fast paced? I mean, there are two major tribes out there, maybe 3 if your including -34- (big fan of them)and unless one of those tribes disbanded and all members spread out across different tribes, no other tribe has much of a shot in that world.

It also has not been a very exciting world to be in. I was having more fun fighting with flowtech in flow against GRV than im having now, because i know that even if i keep nobling smaller enemies, gotrob or PITA will just gangbang the smaller tribes.

What do you guys think about this world so far?

DeletedUser

Its how all worlds progress. A handful of major tribes arise and noble those around them, then war each other. The only difference is that lately, fewer and fewer players join each world. Look at the map. Innogames shrank the map to an 8x8 grid rather than the old 10x10 grid, and we still don't have players in 12 of those continents, with more not even close to being filled up completely. Older worlds years ago filled up nearly to the corners on a 10x10 map. Fewer players means there's less nobling that has to be done to eliminate the competition.

DeletedUser103898

Its how all worlds progress. A handful of major tribes arise and noble those around them, then war each other. The only difference is that lately, fewer and fewer players join each world. Look at the map. Innogames shrank the map to an 8x8 grid rather than the old 10x10 grid, and we still don't have players in 12 of those continents, with more not even close to being filled up completely. Older worlds years ago filled up nearly to the corners on a 10x10 map. Fewer players means there's less nobling that has to be done to eliminate the competition.

Yeh i suppose so. Inno really need to bump up advertising for this game so more players play and continue to play. They will join, play a world, get overrun and think, wow this sucks, im going back o runescape.

DeletedUser

I don't think it's an advertising thing, I think inno gave the problem some real thought and came out with the start game quest structure... New players just get absolutely SWAMPED by the pros. Better minds than mine have thought the problem over though.

DeletedUser

Yeh i suppose so. Inno really need to bump up advertising for this game so more players play and continue to play. They will join, play a world, get overrun and think, wow this sucks, im going back o runescape.

Well .net is like the international server. They've been opening more and more country specific servers over the years, so I'm thinking its not really a loss of players, just that more would like to play on a server in their own language and only with people sharing their online times. Players have been spreading further out as more servers open up.

DeletedUser9212

It is the number of worlds constantly opening that is dilutting the player base in each world. When worlds opened less frequently, each world would open with a huge number of players. Now there are so many worlds going on and as some of the worlds are older with the people there having larger time consuming accounts. People just do not have enough time to play more than a couple worlds. I am also seeing a trend of people being coerced or constantly being taken out to get them to quit a world quickly. This usually being done by people who then later on tend to not stick around. People find it is easier just to quit and jump to the next world opening up rather than stick it out in the one they joined.

DeletedUser

Well .net is like the international server. They've been opening more and more country specific servers over the years, so I'm thinking its not really a loss of players, just that more would like to play on a server in their own language and only with people sharing their online times. Players have been spreading further out as more servers open up.

Plus the people Who have successfully quit tw over all, Because TW used to be a somewhat honorable game, But as of late its gone down the toilet.

DeletedUser

True, more worlds are opening & country specific worlds open. That means that there will be more players, but on a larger spread - Meaning lesser players per world.

Of latly they have done this incredibily stupid updates so you can pay to get the building times cut in half (not sure if it has come to .net yet?) Making a lot of players quit, i am playing my last game on a swedish one with these. (The one with most cash inreal wins :/ )

It works very well though, i am sure innogames makes shitloads on those updates - But... (people use 150 prem to upgrade a wall in 5 min 0-20 ) quick profit eh?

DeletedUser

It is the number of worlds constantly opening that is dilutting the player base in each world. When worlds opened less frequently, each world would open with a huge number of players. Now there are so many worlds going on and as some of the worlds are older with the people there having larger time consuming accounts. People just do not have enough time to play more than a couple worlds. I am also seeing a trend of people being coerced or constantly being taken out to get them to quit a world quickly. This usually being done by people who then later on tend to not stick around. People find it is easier just to quit and jump to the next world opening up rather than stick it out in the one they joined.

Don't think this is really the point. I remember around 3-4 years ago when TW was opening two worlds at a time and players were only allowed to join one of them with the same account and not the other. So many people were joining that they needed two worlds and were splitting the players between then. Now worlds are openly farm more slowly than they used to.

Henrik, they have not brought those payment features to .net. I know of many players who would quit the game if they ever did. It's kind of sad though. I played a short time recently on a server that had it just to see if it really changed anything. Only a few people used it and got to nobles within a week and nobled barbs right next door to them that hadn't even reach 100 points yet. Don't know if all servers are like that, but seems that many of those using those features for super fast growth didn't really take advantage of it.

DeletedUser

The market for 'Free to play' online games is increasingly competitive.

Models for income versus player satisfaction, and how to remodel the tricky path between game-play for players and economics...are tricky i'd guess.

But i'd tend to agree with Redlance - too many worlds too fast, do not necessarily mean Growth.

.. and what would appear to be a failure of the Game admins to deal with blatant cheats and multi-accounting .. as has been layed before this community here many times... esp on this world... whether in this case proved true or not... or whether within "strictly" the rules ..or not... or as most (at worst consider) ... "hedge-funding" (to coin a phrase) the grey areas -

would, as most consider, be just a massive turn off.

As far as the game can..it should be as fair as it can be- and where players blatantly disregard this..or appear to, with substance to the claims being valid- then it should be scrutinised by Admins as a First Priority...

Now, i mean this, of course in a general way, but in essence, if a Game no longer appears Honourable or to have the ability to self-regulate it's own rules- you can expect general Player dissastisfaction... and it's hard to see, in that scenario, how player growth could be maintained, moving forward...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Don't think this is really the point. I remember around 3-4 years ago when TW was opening two worlds at a time and players were only allowed to join one of them with the same account and not the other. So many people were joining that they needed two worlds and were splitting the players between then. Now worlds are openly farm more slowly than they used to.

I respectfully disagree.

If you only had two world intakes a year, like we used to, it wouldn't matter if you opened two worlds at once, there would still only be four worlds instead of the six we have now. Take any six worlds, and divide the number of players by four, it would increase player participation in the average world by 30%, pure math.

Problem is, it wouldn't work like that, because in those six worlds, a single account might be playing in all of them. And this is OK for inno, because chances are that account pays prem for all 6 worlds. And THAT is probably the point from a marketing perspective. Fewer players are OK so long as they pay more.

There is more to the equation than that, but more time between worlds WOULD increase world size.

DeletedUser

I will go against the grain and say that Innogames should start more worlds faster than they do now. And make worlds even smaller than they are right now. 4x4, 6x6 max.
Every new world attracts thousands of players, it's a fresh start for everyone, everyone has a chance to be on top. There are many players who join only for the startup, which actually takes the most skill to dominate. The longer the world goes the more boring it usually gets. Make worlds end faster and people are more likely to stick around. It doesn't really encourage people to keep playing if end of the world is too far away. This world has decent winning conditions but still I think that playing 1 world for 1 year or more is too long.

I think Inno is shooting themselves in the foot by opening worlds slower than they used to do. If I wanted to play TW, I wouldn't want to join a world which has been running for too long already and if I have to wait few months until new one opens, I might not even want to play then anymore. Even beginner players could stay longer. If they get nobled on one world, they can soon join a new one and start from beginning.

The only question is ,which worlds bring more money to TW. Older worlds with 2k players but with huge accounts, which are very hard to manage without PA or newer with 10k players but accounts so small that it's possible to live without PA, but many still use it.

DeletedUser103898

Yes true, and i agree about the waiting for the worlds to open is tedious, especially if you have been nobled out in your main world (i never play more than two worlds at once).

If they made speed rounds free to play, i think more people would stick around and play those for shits and giggles whilst they waited for the new wold to open.

DeletedUser

I respectfully disagree.

If you only had two world intakes a year, like we used to, it wouldn't matter if you opened two worlds at once, there would still only be four worlds instead of the six we have now. Take any six worlds, and divide the number of players by four, it would increase player participation in the average world by 30%, pure math.

Problem is, it wouldn't work like that, because in those six worlds, a single account might be playing in all of them. And this is OK for inno, because chances are that account pays prem for all 6 worlds. And THAT is probably the point from a marketing perspective. Fewer players are OK so long as they pay more.

There is more to the equation than that, but more time between worlds WOULD increase world size.

I was referring more to like 2008, which is when I first started playing this game. I did a little research and this is what I found:

W13 released early January (originally set for January 18, but was moved up due to popularity. Announcement forum does not have a set date for it.)

W14 released January 9 (was unscheduled but opened with same settings as W13 due to popularity)

W15 released February 18

W16 released February 19

W17 released March 20

W18 and W19 released early April (no specified date in announcement forum)

W20 released May 14

W21 released June 23

W22 released June 24

W23 released July 30

W24 released July 31

W25 and W26 released mid-October (again no specified date in announcement forum)

W27 opened November 13

W28 opened November 17

W29 opened December 15

W30 opened December 17

W31 opened December 26

19 worlds opened up within the span of a year. We used to have far more worlds opening and they opened far more quickly.

DeletedUser

Hum.... You're right. I guess they just felt further apart.

Strange that. My first world was 17, I should have known better.

monsterbro

this world ended so fast because everyone to much of a chicken to fight and instead merge or recruit least 30% of there enemy tribe to finsh the world fast. now you can stop being baby and such im pointing out the facts there never was a good war on this world and never will be

DeletedUser96141

I think this world did not fill up as much because world 60 was released very soon after it.

DeletedUser

I hear´d from someone innogames will make all these new premium stuff on all servers. It sucks so bad lol, imagine your nukes hit wall 20 all the time & People nobling barbs in your backyard - stack & wall 20 within an hour.

Shit like that ruin this game, sorry to say but it may be profitable - But i seriously doubt innogames can make all worlds like that and keep players playing.