Daily awards

DeletedUser93993

If you consider being smashed losing villages to a tribemate that I'm gifting them too, then yes.

emulous is taking ur villas now. but previous to that u were loosing loads of villas to womble players. am i right? :icon_rolleyes:

Repinski

And if you ask those players, I wasn't bothering to defend. Also don't forget I was taking loads of villages from Womble players prior to that also.

Taunt me all you want but it won't change my reasons for leaving. :lol:

DeletedUser

Not really. This is a lazy world and I've yet to see one proper op out of this world. And by proper I mean timed down to the letter. Same minute landing time, ect. RC's OPs were the only ones that came close.

Tis why I'm leaving the world. I've found that sort of planning again in w62 inside Agency.

that bull is for early world when player got < 100 villages. now when the villages go in the thousands its smarter to have nukes hit in a time window.

@diheadwarlord subv's op isn't the biggest by far that this worlds has seen. it was ~ 500 nukes a lot for that time but i have had more nukes hitting on a single day by myself since then. the point is just how many of those nukes die.

and as to that there is a new record: You defeated the most units in this world as a defender on on 30.05.2012 (4.427.734 units)! cold have been 7 mil easy if they'd been all on one day.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Having the time down to the second is only necessary to get villages off the very elite players. Time window is better for 90% of the players on tw since it decreases chance of burning out your own players.

DeletedUser

Shouldn't be much more difficult to time within a window than to get it within the same minute, which is still better, and still what Repinski was referring to. If you burn out players with an operation in which you tell them to send it in the same minute, rather than over the span of 10 hours, or even 6 hours, then I'd question the players and your tribe's ability to account sit each other.

DeletedUser

Considering in end game stage, tribes tend to have issues with accounts actually having players, perfect acc sitting and willingness to send attacks on the dot consistently for years is a luxury.

Repinski

Maybe if this world wasn't boring as all hell and people actually did proper ops, people wouldn't be quitting out of boredom. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Considering in end game stage, tribes tend to have issues with accounts actually having players, perfect acc sitting and willingness to send attacks on the dot consistently for years is a luxury.

People are bored when they have nothing to do. If you motivate them through challenges of who can do the best timing, who can noble the most in a day, who can get the most ODA, and so on, they tend to stick around. Worked fine on W49 in Deceit, worked fine on W1 of the .us server. It's all about how you handle it.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

We had a tribe on W39 who had 40 members in it, 6 players sitting the entire lot. And yet they were perfectly able to hold their own and all of those accounts.

In fact, funnily enough those 6 members ended up winning that world, eventually.

Just goes to show that friendship and actual teamwork lasts from start-up to end-game if you play properly and commit.

DeletedUser93182

Sorry Rep, but I find your post extremely annoying - you were part of World 48 and you could have influenced that. You could have designed ops, I never saw you organise an op.

I agree with RGF and diheadlwarlord - it is obvious that the perfect scenario is to land nobles and nukes all on the same second. We used to do this in an early game scenario, especially when players like me, Wouter de Ruiter, Kanukanutz, Alpinestar, Ramy76 and TobyHart used to Op together - I remember us nobling 30+ villas in 2 mins and Ramy76 nobling 8 villas in a second.

For the most part it's not needed - a time window and lots of fakes seems to be more effective, it's more important as the nukes rain in on a villa they get more tightly grouped towards nobling time so that the time between nukes arriving is less than it takes to build the wall levels. The last couple nukes and the noble train should be extremely tight, of course.

I have the skill to time and deliver and large op with all nukes and nobles landing to the second, but to be honest I do not have anywhere near the time or the wish to do that. I once found myself setting my alarm during the night to meet Op landing times to send nukes - my rule now is that RL comes first.

Repinski

Sorry Rep, but I find your post extremely annoying - you were part of World 48 and you could have influenced that. You could have designed ops, I never saw you organise an op.

Then please explain to me why players like Bollywood and Natan84 specifically said to me when they found out I took over a PIRANA account that they missed my planning and how I was the life of Womble's NW along with Fraser and Sboh. The sad part about that is, I didn't bother to make same second operations because the few times that I tried, people weren't able to perform and get them done.

That I blame on this world being so lazy. Those quality players who would have been able to perform have left. Yes there are still a few good players left in this lazy ass world. No doubt about that one. The thing is, there are too few to do those operations anymore though. Be it due to converting to the laziness of the world or the inability to do so.

I agree with RGF and diheadlwarlord - it is obvious that the perfect scenario is to land nobles and nukes all on the same second. We used to do this in an early game scenario, especially when players like me, Wouter de Ruiter, Kanukanutz, Alpinestar, Ramy76 and TobyHart used to Op together - I remember us nobling 30+ villas in 2 mins and Ramy76 nobling 8 villas in a second.

That's not what they've been saying. What they've been saying is that it's not needed this late in the game which is what Googly and Orel have been commenting on.

For the most part it's not needed - a time window and lots of fakes seems to be more effective, it's more important as the nukes rain in on a villa they get more tightly grouped towards nobling time so that the time between nukes arriving is less than it takes to build the wall levels. The last couple nukes and the noble train should be extremely tight, of course.

Not needed? Ever since Kanuk left Womble has been falling down the shitter quite steadily when you were beating PIRANA back despite the odds. Kanuk's planning was the only planning Womble had. I also know Kanuk was well capable of doing the operations we're talking about here but he didn't. He knew that the quality of players in this world simply wasn't up to the task of doing such ops anymore.

I have the skill to time and deliver and large op with all nukes and nobles landing to the second, but to be honest I do not have anywhere near the time or the wish to do that. I once found myself setting my alarm during the night to meet Op landing times to send nukes - my rule now is that RL comes first.

Which is exactly why this world is perfect for you, and not me. I have the desire to be a participant in such operations and find this world to simply be a money sink and waste of time.

Last edited:

DeletedUser93182

That's not what they've been saying. What they've been saying is that it's not needed this late in the game which is what Googly and Orel have been commenting on.

That's exactly what I said in my post Rep - I gave an example of where precise down to the minute timing works early game and said that late game a larger time window works better (not because it's the better tactic, but it's less time consuming to accomplish)

DeletedUser

If you're losing and you want to win, then it is the better tactic. From my understanding, Womble is the one who is losing and needed these ops, but they did not do it.

Repinski

If you're losing and you want to win, then it is the better tactic. From my understanding, Womble is the one who is losing and needed these ops, but they did not do it.

You would be right.

@Frio a wide window of say 10h is far more ineffective than a specific landing time and will never be as good as a specific landing time.

DeletedUser93182

Bloody hell rep, no where in any of my posts have I said that.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

The amazing thing is, the more villages you have the easier to plan a launch to suit your online times it is.

So if you find yourself running out of time or setting alarms when you have say 500 nukes and 50 trains to use, you're almost certainly doing something majorly wrong.

DeletedUser

"That bull" is the single most lethal way to remove any top account, whether they got there by pure skill, by a lot of luck, by a lot of account merges or by a lot of internals/barbs. Which judging from your account's history (415 barbs, 600+ internals) seems to have a heavy focus on the latter.
[spoil]

As a leader of a top tribe on another world that has a history of incredibly tight co-ordination, and of several top tribes in the past, and some involvement in terms of organization/leadership in what are now two world winning tribes now (one a world win, one will be done shortly), I think my views on Ops are fairly accurate (particularly considering I've yet to organize a failed Op in the several years I've played).

The only thing that makes it harder for people later on to co-ordinate properly (to the same minute, let alone same second) is due to the awful level of ability, or downright laziness, of a number of people involved. You will find that some tribes can take that level of skill from start-up to late-game. Some players can't ever co-ordinate due to lack of ability to do so, or any excuse they would like to give.

However, if you can snipe effectively, you will know that having all of your 2600~ villages with nukes and trains inbound which land within the same minute is a lot more challenging to handle by yourself, than within a 6 hour period. Why? Because you have more time to allow to make up for missed snipes, and if you lose a village that you have sniped from you have more time to fix it. The tighter the windows, the harder it is to defend by any means other than stacking, which is not always possible, depending on your opponent, your tribe's organization (which won't be particularly good if you cannot do tight Ops) and your own ability to play this game.

For a top ranking player, I would have thought you'd be able to think things through a little?

Also - apologies for causing Repinski to leave this world for one where he is able to play a more fun game. [/spoil]

you're the man how could i dare say something that disagree with you. me and my barb munching and internaling.

please come to w48 and show us how it's done. i'm sure a leet player like you will roll up this wold in no time. probably conquer it all by yourself. glad you could make it to w48 forums. i guess you must be almost as good as repinski. you can start in the nw with a 126p barb or whatever u get and work right through me. i'm sure you can have the nukes and train to hit all my villages i a single sec in no time. you already showed your skill in looking up stats and interpreting them.

:lol:

where do u dig up all these morons to support u rep. u sure as hell got a future in politics or sales. haven't seen anybody sell so much shit and even ppl from other wolds come here to lap it up.

Repinski

Googly nor Orel play w48 Robin. And soon I won't be playing this world either.