UBM Central

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
UBM CENTRAL

I'm bringing together a good sample of my work all in to one place.
I will have both professional, personal and tribal wars work up here.
Feel free comment, criticize, praise, idolize or whatever tickles your fancy.

[spoil]
sotw5.png

Smudging Sotw Entry

kayne.png

Freestyle Sotw Entry (.us)

robotic.png

Robot Sotw Entry

sotwus.png

Freestyle Sotw Entry

bio-1.png

Set Stock Sotw Entry (winner)

rohan.png

HS.png
[/spoil]

Below are a few pages from a 30 page brochure I completed for a non-profit
organization building communities centered around purpose for aging seniors
and revolutionizing foster care.

[spoil]

Web3.png

Web7.png

Web10.png

Web11.png
[/spoil]

Logo Deisgn
Some of these examples of my work have been with clients, others
have been contest work, some are just for fun.

[spoil]
1811543d1172ad4348bcd9acd384556a.png

a5c4c525326ed36d00bd1804047c2896.png

1673b8cca38b6bc680aed046b4ef001e.png

678137c84462180da14e95d270a4b6b7.png

dcc6d00ea943be7772b6752534331ff2.png
[/spoil]

Last but not least - This beer festival poster took second place overall to represent the local festival.

[spoil]
c09205a6db30b9a448195179fd156f56.png
[/spoil]

Thanks for stopping by. Ill try to keep it updated with works I like.

Last edited:

DeletedUser95815

Awesome work there man. Nice to see you back on the forum! Don't know whether you remember me. I only remember you because of your name (featuring the always charming Billy Mays) :icon_wink:

Really liking your logo design, very professionally done. The Beer festival poster is very well done as well. Do you have a link to the first place one as a comparison?

Signatures are very good overall, you can see the progression you made. I remember you originally posting the Bioshock signature and me thinking it was the best signature ever. Many happy memories :)

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
The Beer festival poster is very well done as well. Do you have a link to the first place one as a comparison?

Hey - yeah of course I remember

The contest was open to digital, paint, print, etc so not just one medium.
The winning "poster" was a painting

[spoil]
9vk0oj.jpg
[/spoil]

The winning submission was a really good work.
Personally I dont think it exemplified a "world beer festival" but oh well :)

jamesanddelo2

The logos are brilliant, really nice job on them! I would agree with you about the beer festival poster, yours definitely looks more to the brief of a beer festival than the winning entry (although I do like the winning entry, it just doesn't scream beer festival)

Some of the sigs need some more work but can see a vast improvement on some of them.

Over all nice work!

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Thanks!

Yeah the sigs are mostly 6 months or older -
I haven't done hardly any sig making lately and that in which
i have, has been 10 min or less jobs.

DeletedUser

Tags aren't really your cup of tea I think ;)
But I like those logo's you make, the brochure layout also looks interesting. :D

DeletedUser95815

Hey - yeah of course I remember

The contest was open to digital, paint, print, etc so not just one medium.
The winning "poster" was a painting

[spoil]
9vk0oj.jpg
[/spoil]

The winning submission was a really good work.
Personally I dont think it exemplified a "world beer festival" but oh well :)

Yeah I agree with you there that is doesn't really picture a 'world beer festival' but I can sort of see the connection.

Ack3rl3y

Tags aren't really your cup of tea I think ;)
But I like those logo's you make, the brochure layout also looks interesting. :D

Depends on your personal choice I guess, personally I really like them. Overall good work - agree with the others, your festival poster is more in-keeping with the theme and your logo designs are great. Good job.

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
With my signatures

Most of those are older but I still like them because they rely on elements of design, use of color etc etc. I don't often follow the pack with the exact style of smudging, filter usage, and other common themes among most the "pro" signatures. Rarely in my work freelancing do I have a project where I need to use those techniques to get a point across. In fairness to Napoli's comment most of my signatures are free of any red stripes so i can see why he doesn't like them :icon_biggrin: - seriously though I apreciate the compliments on the logo and the "interesting" brochure. Everyone has an opinion and I've said close to the same to him. I'm not a fan of most of his signatures with exception of a one or two, he's just more blunt than I am :icon_cool: We will never please everybody with our works.

Here is how I approach most signatures. Of course I don't always do the same method but on a typical sotw signature.

[spoil]
2h66cyr.jpg
[/spoil]

Last edited:

Ack3rl3y

My appreciation for your work just improved tenfold - because of the Ichigo tag. Love it! :icon_wink:.

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
WebUntil-1.gif

Working on a website right now and going to be embedding this graphic.
Wanted it to be very subtle and soft so as not to detract from other parts of the page.

DeletedUser81336

Wow UBM I'm very impressed mate. You've improved sooo much since you came here, it's wonderful to see you're moving on [past tags] in your graphics 'career.'

I personally love this signature here: [SPOIL]
bio-1.png
[/SPOIL]
Not sure why, but it's really cool imo.

Also I think it's wonderful you made a brochure for an organization like that, especially for free (unless they did pay you, even if they did that's still cool). It's great to see people using their skills/talents for a good cause.

Your logo design is also incredible! You and GE should collaborate on some logos or something, that'd be pretty sick. I think you're doing a great job with those, if you choose to pursue art as a career this would be a great start (obviously throw in website designing, brochure/magazine designs, etc... in there though).

As for your animated graphic you are putting into a website I think it's a great start.
As for now the only criticism I have is that the beginning (the blank gray/blue wall) is there for a few milliseconds too long :lol: and if you could have the older gentlemen fade in slower I think that would make it a bit better. As for now I feel like he comes up very quickly :icon_wink::icon_wink: (if ya know what I mean), and is a little distracting, however that is a good attention grabber for advertising, but as you said you want it to be subtle so maybe alter that a little. Idk just some thoughts. :)

DeletedUser

Wow UBM I'm very impressed mate. You've improved sooo much since you came here, it's wonderful to see you're moving on [past tags] in your graphics 'career.'

bio-1.png
[/SPOIL]

Download Paint.NET ( A MS product ). You can achieve similar effects with a filter.

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

bio-1.png
[/SPOIL]

A

Download Paint.NET ( A MS product ). You can achieve similar effects with a filter.

Thanks oscar - I have been doing less and less tags and more professional work. It's just as fun as just playing around. I did do that signature in paint.net using that filter I believe. That was before I started working more in photoshop, I think i actually used both at the time. But that does remain as one of my favorites too. And nice spot aqeel

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
293ttp3.jpg
4ktb0o.jpg

Botg round one entry
The first one was my final submission
The second was my first submission
I felt the first submission was lacking
its flair. I added a near transparent
color gradient and a lens flare to give
it more umph.

One of the comments was to leave
off the secondary text. I felt it was
subtle enough to not take away from
the feel of the piece but can understand
the criticism. Thanks for the votes!

DeletedUser

Great work there UBM! I especially love the creative logo designs. :)

DeletedUser

It looks better without the gradient imo, but it's still a pity the .gif format restricts to you only 256 colors; I'm sure you notice the lack of quality in the photos there.

Any chance of just using js? The animation itself is just simple fading.