We Ride!

• Thread starter blue eyed sandwalker
  • Start date

DeletedUser84667

What can we say, some people have 0 testicular fortitude.

DeletedUser

I think, as opposed to lacking testicular fortitude, you could say those people have had a long run of horrible luck.

This world... has been so.... weird. The people and tribes that you wouldn't expect to succeed have somehow sneaked by... whether on account of dubious yet technically legal practices, or creative diplomacy, or maybe the settings just left an opening for them... You wouldn't expect barb nobling to be a real way to play. And these people seemed to gather like minded people until they outnumbered the more.... Shall we say conventional... players.

I can't count the number of times talented people were swamped and taken under by people less talented, but more numerous than them. And all through this, people were given the choice: join us, or get eaten. That's an unusual choice on it's own... usually the lion's share of a losing tribe... loses. They get nobled. But no. More common was: Join us or die, noble barbs, internal, intimidate other people to join us, rinse repeat.

You might think that I'm talking about GotRob. Yes. Well... Yes. But more than that, almost every tribe I was in had recruitment policies I really hated. But I wonder now if they kept me in the game longer, because we had to outrecruit our competition, or get buried. Because at the end of the day, nothing is more frustrating than seeing all your hard work being undermined by an army of untalented, yet numerous gnats.

Which is why I understand. I understand why people may have chosen to join tribes that they really don't like... Because they really don't see a choice. They play to be competitive, they join tribes that they think is the best option at the time, possibly for lack of choices. So I understand when the opportunity arises to leave a tribe they joined... almost under duress... they take it.

DeletedUser84667

Bad luck? Seems to me these guys had good luck, a nice easy ride. Sat up towards the rim and avoided all major conflicts. 0 caps against PITA for all three, both in GotRob and when they were in ONE. Combined they have 1 cap against Ride. They have gotten by by sitting up north nobling easy villages and killing players that don't have a real chance. Then, there first real conflict against PITA or against Ride, they run to safety.

"You wouldn't expect barb nobling to be a real way to play"

Wut? Barb nobling is essential in various different situations. It can greatly help in defense, and offense. Take K34 for example, PITA nobled quite a few strategically placed barbs both small and big to get inside lines. Then look at my account for an example of barb nobling, recently as many know it my account got brutally ravaged by some well timed noble nukes among various other reasons. One of these reasons was that I was spread out so much I could not defend as well, my inactivity killed me here as I tried to cluster up and noble some small barb clusters to strengthen, but alias I failed to do so in time. If I had been able to, that would have been a stronger and tighter cluster that would have had 50 or so extra DVs or nukes to use for defense or offense.

In short, barb nobling is a very good strategy often overlooked by players for whatever reason.

I mean seriously, yes people join tribes they don't like, but tribe hopping on such a level and so easily is just pathetic.

DeletedUser

On the players: Hum. Well. You could look at it that way, yes. Or you could realize that at the time ONE was at war with PITA, ONE was also at war with other tribes, like FIG and SPARK, off the top of my head. I wouldn't expect them to noble war targets five K's away from them when they had more immediate opportunities. Also, they suffered from the same problems I did, whenever I nobled to the front line, the front line on the other side got invited, and it moved 50 squares further away. Look at my clusters, I chased our frontlines from K36 to K14, and until ONE dissolved, I STILL had trouble catching targets. This was a failure of leadership, not individual players.

As to Barb Nobling: Part of the reason experienced players look so far down on barb nobling is it used to be a poison pill. Yes you got a village, but they didn't used to grow as large as they do now. Could you imagine trying to build all your barbs up from 300 points? Now, it's not as painful, as they grow to be larger, but you still limit your farming capability while leaving other players at large.

For example: There's a group of villages in the middle of nowhere. You, another player, and five barbs. You have a choice, noble the player, or a barb. You choose the barb, you still have to deal with the player and you still split farming with him, you choose the player, and you can farm the barbs. Now, I realize there aren't a whole lot of seven village groupings out there, but this scenario can be expanded and remains real.

Of course there are real reasons for taking barbs... Clustering D on frontlines, building new clusters, and the like. But you said that you'd rather noble barbs than players who 'couldn't defend themselves', I'm paraphrasing you, but it's in there. First off: Bull. Those players could have defended themselves by playing properly from the get go. Just because they were too inactive to keep up with the rest of the world doesn't mean that we should leave them alone to play Sim City. Second: This highlights almost perfectly the fundamental misunderstanding that you, and people like you have about nobling barbs. Is it necessary sometimes? Sure. Is it the right thing to do when there are better villages that are enemy controlled. NO.

And since you brought yourself up.... Your problem was not that you couldn't noble barbs fast enough to cluster and defend what you took. It's that 56 of your last 100 nobles were barbs, 24 were -34- members that went inactive, and 6 were internals. You gobbled up easy villages like they were candy, regardless of where they were, spreading yourself thin, and then you were admittedly inactive during a war.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser84667

On the players: Hum. Well. You could look at it that way, yes. Or you could realize that at the time ONE was at war with PITA, ONE was also at war with other tribes, like FIG and SPARK, off the top of my head. I wouldn't expect them to noble war targets five K's away from them when they had more immediate opportunities. Also, they suffered from the same problems I did, whenever I nobled to the front line, the front line on the other side got invited, and it moved 50 squares further away. Look at my clusters, I chased our frontlines from K36 to K14, and until ONE dissolved, I STILL had trouble catching targets. This was a failure of leadership, not individual players.

FiG and Spark were very little threat. PITA was doing good, and therefore the real enemy. If you are based at home, and you have a small tribe your tribe is at war with that is not gaining any ground on you, or you have a very large and clearly skilled tribe gaining ground on you in the distance, the choice should be clear to move to the other front and help out. You don't justify easy caps as quality for the tribe just because there is a war declared.

As to Barb Nobling: Part of the reason experienced players look so far down on barb nobling is it used to be a poison pill. Yes you got a village, but they didn't used to grow as large as they do now. Could you imagine trying to build all your barbs up from 300 points? Now, it's not as painful, as they grow to be larger, but you still limit your farming capability while leaving other players at large.

My last world I nobled probably 200 small barbs, maybe more, that were the size of about 200-800 points. A massive gangbang was imminent, and I needed all the defense I could possibly have and my cluster needed to be as tight as possible without constricting me. Some of my tribemates thought that was a silly tactic, and did not do it. End of the day I was/am one of the only left standing because I was able to hold out against two full tribes (r1 and r2, we were r3) constant attacks thanks to my barb nobling which allowed me an ultimate defensive cluster. I could go into more detail about that world, as many know I like to do, but I will save it for a different campfire.

You leave other players large but you get strong as well. On a frontline where there are no more players to take, barbs are the only option. Ether take the barbs and grow stronger than the other guy who won't "sink to that level" or both of you sit at your size and you lose a possible size advantage. The choice is clear.

For example: There's a group of villages in the middle of nowhere. You, another player, and five barbs. You have a choice, noble the player, or a barb. You choose the barb, you still have to deal with the player and you still split farming with him, you choose the player, and you can farm the barbs. Now, I realize there aren't a whole lot of seven village groupings out there, but this scenario can be expanded and remains real.

Completely irrelevant example. We are not talking about a start-up style of play, we are talking about midgame.

Of course there are real reasons for taking barbs... Clustering D on frontlines, building new clusters, and the like. But you said that you'd rather noble barbs than players who 'couldn't defend themselves', I'm paraphrasing you, but it's in there. First off: Bull. Those players could have defended themselves by playing properly from the get go. Just because they were too inactive to keep up with the rest of the world doesn't mean that we should leave them alone to play Sim City. Second: This highlights almost perfectly the fundamental misunderstanding that you, and people like you have about nobling barbs. Is it necessary sometimes? Sure. Is it the right thing to do when there are better villages that are enemy controlled. NO.

I never said I would rather noble barbs than players who couldn't defend themselves, you read my post entirely wrong, and misunderstood what I was talking about. The only possible correlation I can see is that you thought I was saying that Ride runners having the free ride of nobling easy villages was > nobling barbs. I never said that. You drew lines you wanted to exist to make a point.

And since you brought yourself up.... Your problem was not that you couldn't noble barbs fast enough to cluster and defend what you took. It's that 56 of your last 100 nobles were barbs, 24 were -34- members that went inactive, and 6 were internals. You gobbled up easy villages like they were candy, regardless of where they were, spreading yourself thin, and then you were admittedly inactive during a war.

I'm not even going to answer this, clearly you are look at the wrong player. I never said I was inactive in this war, this war was the most active I have played all world, ask anybody who was with me in ONE, VS, or GotRob.

DeletedUser

I think we are missing a point here. We shouldn't be too harsh on the people who left.

1.Firstly, GotRob dragged them into a war they weren't really supposed to be a part of just 2 days before the war. Its hard to commit yourself to a war at such short notice and even harder when you become a part of it due to recruitment. GotRob obviously wanted to surprise PITA as we were not expecting the move and at that point of the time support was thinly spread on [R] front. GotRob saw that it can pick a few easy conquers there and tbh they did get them. So its not all the fault of players who left.

2.When you get dragged into a war in a new tribe just a day after you joined you really don't know how the tribe works and the worst part is you aren't involved with the players. For example in PITA, a member in k66 who asks for support will get a response from a member in k34. Stupid as it may sound, even though a member might not be able to reach the village in time with the support the player under attack will always have confidence that his friends are there for him when the going gets tough. That morale is what wins wars.

So, it was just GotRob's fault trying to gain some advantage before the war recruiting people when they were not supposed to as per the agreement. TBH I myself wouldn't totally get into a war in a new tribe 24 hours after I joined.

DeletedUser

Also missing the fact there are family members and old-time comrades within that group, players that have played together throughout their time at ~One~ and worked together in separate tribes. They were poorly integrated into GotRob and they paid the price.

TheHowling

I was in one and gotrob gave one a good running

and here I am in gotrob and staying

been here a while and am pleased how things are done

its not perfect, but still good

guess they did not stay long enough and they were honest and gave reason of not wanting to hunt their former friends and I respect that. They could have had a personal NAP with each other and stayed put, but decided to jump to ride. That was their decision and maybe things did move fast, as 2 months ago the general players of both PITA/Gotrob were happy with each other( note I say general, as theres always been elements who wanted to take each other out :icon_twisted:)

I do not know if RIDE are solo or teamed up with PITA and generally its something I am not too worried about, but it does play well into the hands of PITA and gives them a advantage as gotrobs edges have become bigger ref defense.

the are now 2 sides to the conflict even if some are not allied.

The "Good News" is this keeps this interesting and stops the rot so thank you to all for keeping it cooking in world 59

will be interesting to see what the stats show 1 month into the war on August 10th :cata:

good luck to all and keep the drums rolling :axemen:

Last edited:

DeletedUser84667

I think we are missing a point here. We shouldn't be too harsh on the people who left.

1.Firstly, GotRob dragged them into a war they weren't really supposed to be a part of just 2 days before the war. Its hard to commit yourself to a war at such short notice and even harder when you become a part of it due to recruitment. GotRob obviously wanted to surprise PITA as we were not expecting the move and at that point of the time support was thinly spread on [R] front. GotRob saw that it can pick a few easy conquers there and tbh they did get them. So its not all the fault of players who left.

2.When you get dragged into a war in a new tribe just a day after you joined you really don't know how the tribe works and the worst part is you aren't involved with the players. For example in PITA, a member in k66 who asks for support will get a response from a member in k34. Stupid as it may sound, even though a member might not be able to reach the village in time with the support the player under attack will always have confidence that his friends are there for him when the going gets tough. That morale is what wins wars.

So, it was just GotRob's fault trying to gain some advantage before the war recruiting people when they were not supposed to as per the agreement. TBH I myself wouldn't totally get into a war in a new tribe 24 hours after I joined.

GotRob found out the war was coming about 1.5 weeks before it came, R knew about 1 week before it came and before they agreed to merge into us. They had plenty of time to prepare, and support was sent to their farther in villages of K43 to make sure they did not lose them. Apparently they never want to fight, they joined because they wanted to win the world together and knew PITA would not offer a full tribal merge. Then as soon as it does not look like it is going their way in the slightest, they bitch out and run for the hills. GotRob family is down by not even 1k caps yet and they already deemed a tribe as doomed and jumped ship.

That's as funny as Ride thinking the whole prove yourself and then tribal merge thing is actually ever going to happen.

These players had plenty of experience with players local to them from the months they played together in ONE. Ruey, myself, Howling, noob-on-fire just to name a few off the top of my head. Even the northern GotRob players like Shaggy had been involved with them in the past. The only ones they can actually go ahead and admit to never knowing is the shAve and other southern GotRob players, but there is always time to make new friends.

DeletedUser

That's as funny as Ride thinking the whole prove yourself and then tribal merge thing is actually ever going to happen.

No offense mate, that ship sailed long ago. This war is no where near about that.

Over the months since One split GotRob have slowly been intruding into our territory. Barbs nobled in the north, attempted nobles in K23, recruiting in our backyard. A general arrogance from diplomatic correspondence from a certain Lady-who-will-not be named.

We were given the chance to join the -34- war, egged on by [R] who also wanted us to join, "as they would if we did" apparently. But having no issue with Rob at the time and the general vitriol spewed from Hodgy about Rob and his threats to "attack us if we did not join" put us off. Surely if we were trying to get into PITA there would have been a time to "prove ourselves" to a larger degree.

However as Rob has grown, issues have arose :)

DeletedUser84667

No offense mate, that ship sailed long ago. This war is no where near about that.

That's right it has. If Ride acknowledges this fact as a tribe, which I don't believe they all do, Ride is committing suicide by attacking GotRob. Think to yourself, what happens after GotRob dies?

The answer is not an endgame merge alliance with extra huggles with PITA, you guys get the Axe :axemen:. Or at least the majority of you will.

Wouldn't be the first time I have seen a tribe suicide into another out of petty spite even thought it costs both tribes the world.

DeletedUser

Are you suggesting we war with PITA? Ride to Robs aid, to continue the metaphor? Or are you suggesting we would have a chance in winning the world in Rob? Because I don't think many of us could serve in Rob, quite a few have rejected invitations in the past.

Or play tribal hugs? Some variation of sim city?

You do know the winning conditions for this world don't you? No doubt PITA will surpass the requirements during the war with Rob or whatever tribes sprout out from Robs combustion. With that in mind I would suggest PITA is our preference, due to the fore mentioned issues, out of the two, to win the world :)

DeletedUser84667

Are you suggesting we war with PITA? Ride to Robs aid, to continue the metaphor? Or are you suggesting we would have a chance in winning the world in Rob? Because I don't think many of us could serve in Rob, quite a few have rejected invitations in the past.

Or play tribal hugs? Some variation of sim city?

You do know the winning conditions for this world don't you? No doubt PITA will surpass the requirements during the war with Rob or whatever tribes sprout out from Robs combustion. With that in mind I would suggest PITA is our preference, due to the fore mentioned issues, out of the two, to win the world :)

That is exactly what I am saying. Rob offered your tribe the option to merge for the war, I know that for fact. You had the chance to win before inside GotRob had we somehow managed to beat PITA. With PITA you have 0 chance to win.

Winning conditions? Yeah congrats all it means is that PITA won't won't need to take the time to rim you all.

It's like playing in the superbowl, going into overtime, and purposely fumbling the ball just because there are a few members on your team you don't want to win. After all the games you had to win to get there and all season training, you blow it and accept a loss out of spite. It's just sad.

DeletedUser

That's right it has. If Ride acknowledges this fact as a tribe, which I don't believe they all do, Ride is committing suicide by attacking GotRob. Think to yourself, what happens after GotRob dies?

The answer is not an endgame merge alliance with extra huggles with PITA, you guys get the Axe :axemen:. Or at least the majority of you will.

Wouldn't be the first time I have seen a tribe suicide into another out of petty spite even thought it costs both tribes the world.

I thought Geani was stupid, this almost tops it.

If Ride decides to attack PITA instead, you really think that Ride will be able to merge into Gotrob to win the world?
Gotrob members: 68
=GTC= members: 61
ESL members: 21
Ride members: 22

A tribe can have a maximum of 75 members, no win by family tribes. Good luck fitting in all those players into one tribe. I wonder what will gotrob do in such a situation, will they kick out members to let Ride in? Or will they let the last 7 spots go to their favourite people in =GTC=/ESL. New recruits or loyal servants.... hmmmm hard choice that one. :icon_rolleyes:

Think to YOURSELF, what happens when PITA dies? Will Ride and gotrob hold hands and happily skip off into the sunset together?

DeletedUser84667

I thought Geani was stupid, this almost tops it.

If Ride decides to attack PITA instead, you really think that Ride will be able to merge into Gotrob to win the world?
Gotrob members: 68
=GTC= members: 61
ESL members: 21
Ride members: 22

A tribe can have a maximum of 75 members, no win by family tribes. Good luck fitting in all those players into one tribe. I wonder what will gotrob do in such a situation, will they kick out members to let Ride in? Or will they let the last 7 spots go to their favourite people in =GTC=/ESL. New recruits or loyal servants.... hmmmm hard choice that one. :icon_rolleyes:

Think to YOURSELF, what happens when PITA dies? Will Ride and gotrob hold hands and happily skip off into the sunset together?

There would still be plenty of war left, accounts would die off as result. Perma sits, accounts that did not perform to par, and inactive players would be dropped, while smaller performing players would merge to make room. In the end, we would make it work.

Thank you for noting we have a lot of members in our allied tribes. It means we are willing to give every player the chance to perform and prove themselves to us, even the little guys most would cast off as worthless noobs. Has PITA done the same? No. Would they given the chance? No I don't think so, and you can say with an honest answer you think they would as well.

DeletedUser

That is exactly what I am saying. Rob offered your tribe the option to merge for the war, I know that for fact. You had the chance to win before inside GotRob had we somehow managed to beat PITA. With PITA you have 0 chance to win.

Winning conditions? Yeah congrats all it means is that PITA won't won't need to take the time to rim you all.

It's like playing in the superbowl, going into overtime, and purposely fumbling the ball just because there are a few members on your team you don't want to win. After all the games you had to win to get there and all season training, you blow it and accept a loss out of spite. It's just sad.

Your sounding a bit bitter mate. First of all there is a fundamental flaw in your arguing. We are not a team with GotRob, ever have been or ever will by the looks of things.

Secondly we had the offer to merge into Rob but why accept? Geani is intolerable, Hodgy was there, after the way the Gearhound account was treated with no prior warning or mail when ordering people to noble in his clusters I would find it hard to trust GotRob's leadership.

Things were that bad Teh Gow had a promise of autonomy and an individual squad to lead apparently. Don't think I could work like that.

I don't usually harp on about principle and honor in tribal wars but this is one of those times where principle comes into play. Personally I would not operate under Geani or in a tribe carrying so much... baggage...

And I believe we made the right decision. Look at how carefully VU's sitters treated him. Apparently mass naming incomings to Ram's, wow. Some team.

The fact, simple and true, is we do not want to join GotRob, why would we?

DeletedUser

There would still be plenty of war left, accounts would die off as result. Perma sits, accounts that did not perform to par, and inactive players would be dropped, while smaller performing players would merge to make room. In the end, we would make it work.

Thank you for noting we have a lot of members in our allied tribes. It means we are willing to give every player the chance to perform and prove themselves to us, even the little guys most would cast off as worthless noobs. Has PITA done the same? No. Would they given the chance? No I don't think so, and you can say with an honest answer you think they would as well.

So you are going to find a way of getting rid of 97 members if Ride was included..... yh good luck on that. I highly doubt you'll make it work :icon_rolleyes:

Please tell me where you are getting your information from that PITA won't let Ride merge into us? Anyone who proves worthy gets a spot in PITA.
Alot of our members come from a tribe called KP. We practically merged everyone from KP into PITA after KP proved themselves worthy in the war against =X. So how can you say that we don't give people a chance? We let the whole of KP in, including troublesome players like Bratster. I have no clue what you are on about, maybe you need to re-look at PITA's history before making such stupid accusations.

DeletedUser

[/QUOTE]
FiG and Spark were very little threat. PITA was doing good, and therefore the real enemy. If you are based at home, and you have a small tribe your tribe is at war with that is not gaining any ground on you, or you have a very large and clearly skilled tribe gaining ground on you in the distance, the choice should be clear to move to the other front and help out. You don't justify easy caps as quality for the tribe just because there is a war declared.

There was more going on here than you seem to think, and I think your experience was colored by being on the front line and losing that time too. If you completely disregarded history, yes, you're right. But people who remember know better. FIG actually came out on top in the ONE war, and the people you are bashing still sent D to your front. "Thank you" might be more appropriate.

Completely irrelevant example. We are not talking about a start-up style of play, we are talking about midgame.

No... That example was good at all levels of play. You always have the choice to remove competition for farming, and grow, or grow and cut your farming. You spend a noble one way or the other. Your inability to understand this actually kinda amazes me. You talk about nobling barbs as the be all end all in defense... How did that work out for you?

I'm not even going to answer this, clearly you are look at the wrong player. I never said I was inactive in this war, this war was the most active I have played all world, ask anybody who was with me in ONE, VS, or GotRob.

One of these reasons was that I was spread out so much I could not defend as well, my inactivity killed me here as I tried to cluster up and noble some small barb clusters to strengthen, but alias I failed to do so in time. If I had been able to, that would have been a stronger and tighter cluster that would have had 50 or so extra DVs or nukes to use for defense or offense.

It was even on the same page of posts. Really?

The fact is that a maximum of 75 players can win this world. Would it be nice if PITA took us in after we wipe the floor with you guys? Yeah. Will it happen? Probably not. But at this point, I'm going to take great personal pleasure in helping to obliterate your cesspool-smelling, disease-spreading tribe off the map. The vast majority of people don't know why they play, don't know how to win. My winning condition is seeing Geani and Shaggy lose. And if you tied your boat to that rotten pier, that's your issue.

DeletedUser

we should probably make it clear first of all, VU = [FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Damutantman if i'm not mistaken? right?
[/FONT]
and to the point of you telling The RIDE members that they will never have chance at winning the world? how do you even have the guts to take something like that up when your tribe's family has about 150members and were trying to make an alliance with INN? RIDE probably has a better shot at winning the world in some way by staying on the other side of the war, and by the looks of it - GotRob's pisspoor treatment of their members and their tactic to mass-recruit the whole world to overwhelm PITA isn't working is it?.

if you're gonna point fingers at someone, make sure you got your own back covered and stop throwing those sharp rocks into the glass tower, 'Cause its really taking the piss with each one of you trying to argue a new thing everyday and trying to prove yourself. do it in-game before you start going off on the externals.