Good Game, Fork (and Honor)

DeletedUser

Earlier today I made the decision to quit this world and subsequently the game altogether, largely because I have had my taste of how time consuming it can end up being at this current stage of the game (especially as a solo player, who does not believe in the co-playing aspect). I had fun defending against Fork for a little over a week sitting a frontline account awhile back, but again, I don't have the time to continue that amount of effort in the future. I did not give my tribe much of an explanation, but I have been contemplating this decision for quite awhile now and have more important priorities to focus on. I choose not to leave my account with anyone via sit or password because it was 100% played by me alone and I have decided that I want to end it that way.

If you have opened this thread you are probably wondering who this guy is and why he has even bothered to finally make a forum account when quitting, haha. I was just making a final pass over this subforum for the laughs I have had over some of the trolling that has gone on since the Honor vs. Fork war began and I wanted to give Fork some credit from an Honor player since not many have. Although you are enemies, I respect competition to a certain extent.

I did not expect your Bunny/Fork merge to last as long as it has and whether or not it truly is solid, congratulations on playing as well as you guys have so far. Any Honor players who read this may view this as sort of a contradiction coming from me, but although I have grown to dislike several of the faces on these forums over the past months due to some of the ways they choose to express their triumphs (I know the same can be said of both sides at this point), I was able to meet a couple Fork players in my brief time playing around on W64 and I know not everyone in Fork is necessarily a "jerk" :icon_wink:. I know that the people who post on this forum in disrespectful ways should not be assumed to represent the attitudes of their entire tribe and that goes for both Fork and Honor players here.

It is unfortunate for me that I won't get to see how things turn out in the end and although Honor has had the short end of the stick with the many inactives coming up (and people having to leave the game such as myself), I know it pretty much comes down to whoever can keep up their activity.

Anyways, from a first time player in this game and making it this far in the world (which I largely attribute to my starting location, original tribemates from THE, and Google for helping to learn the "skills" of more experienced players :icon_razz:), it has been fun and good luck to the rest of you that are still going. :icon_smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser104941

Judging by the time of his post, The incomings must have begun to roll in at 07:00.

DeletedUser

Okay, time to add some perspective. In times of war, the words on the external forums can get heated. This is PnP and it's expected. I'm a firm believer that you should give as good as you can on the externals and you should expect it in return. However you look at it, it's part of the game. Over the years I have seen many good friendships end up trashed once two tribes turn from allies to enemies. So with this said, it is refreshing to see a retiring player congratulate their enemy.

Kudos to you Elushin.

As for the Fork/Bunny merge, it was one of the smoothest transitions I have ever had the pleasure of coordinating. Admittedly, there were a few hiccups, but as a whole it was extremely successful. A major reason for this was that each tribe had total respect for the other tribe due to us being at war for so long with each other. For the majority, egos were left at the door and the merge was almost seamless. Tbh, I will take some credit for this as I made it abundantly clear to everyone that the Bunny players were to be welcomed and respected for their efforts in the Fork/Bunny war. Once we were in the same tribe, everyone was to be considered an equal. Furthermore, regardless of what Fork tribe people were put in (Fork, Fork2, Spork), every player was to be considered as important as the next person.

If people moaned about anything, we were quick to act and set people straight. We then set about building a culture where the Bunny players felt that they belonged to the Fork family. Leaders were carefully chosen and the Bunny players would report directly to their old leaders. Ultimately, we found the formula for a successful merge. This meant a terrible future for Honor (once they declared) and the Honor leaders seriously underestimated the capability of their northern neighbours.

Again, kudos for your comments Elushin. While it is always sad to see players leave a world, you have earned my respect for your comments. Good luck in life and any in future worlds you choose to play.

DeletedUser

Sad to see another go. But anyhow, Khite seems to have given a clear enough explanation to how everything has transpired that you may not have know.

Good luck to you in real life ^-^.

-
Evan/H.3.R.O

DeletedUser103145

Elushin, you know how i feel and i know how you feel, so no worries from me. You showed me and the rest of 58 that if you wanted, you could do anything on this shitty game that you wanted to and you are going out on your terms and no one elses.

As for the constant people from fork who must spin everything into an angle that shows how great fork is and how shit honor is, well, we take solace in the fact that your life probably sucks and we know how we're doing. I realize that this is a game, and a war game at that, and i also realize that this is the internet, so there will always be idiots running their mouths behind the protection of anonymity. Having said that though, some of the people who post here just take the cake. Words can't describe the amount of propaganda that is plastered here every day, over and over again, by mostly the same people.

In reply to Khite, your post was a welcome read in this otherwise forum of wasted words and idiocy. Of course there are Honor members who respect Fork, and vice-versa, and it is nice to see that said rather than countless "lolol musta had incomings from fork lolol." It makes me wish there was a more civilized culture to these forums, but that is only wishful thinking and will never happen.

In closing let me express my respect for the members of fork who have played the game the way it was meant to be played and not come out here and be jerks about it. It's funny how it seems that some of the loudest members arent doing much while its some of fork's quieter members who are doing a lot of the work.

Lastly, a shout out to antigoon for being an annoying, relentless, nonsleeping, 12 coplayer having, nonstop cat nuking guy. You've certainly earned my respect. Keep em coming ;)

DeletedUser104941

Elushin, you know how i feel and i know how you feel, so no worries from me. You showed me and the rest of 58 that if you wanted, you could do anything on this shitty game that you wanted to and you are going out on your terms and no one elses.

As for the constant people from fork who must spin everything into an angle that shows how great fork is and how shit honor is, well, we take solace in the fact that your life probably sucks and we know how we're doing. I realize that this is a game, and a war game at that, and i also realize that this is the internet, so there will always be idiots running their mouths behind the protection of anonymity. Having said that though, some of the people who post here just take the cake. Words can't describe the amount of propaganda that is plastered here every day, over and over again, by mostly the same people.

In reply to Khite, your post was a welcome read in this otherwise forum of wasted words and idiocy. Of course there are Honor members who respect Fork, and vice-versa, and it is nice to see that said rather than countless "lolol musta had incomings from fork lolol." It makes me wish there was a more civilized culture to these forums, but that is only wishful thinking and will never happen.

In closing let me express my respect for the members of fork who have played the game the way it was meant to be played and not come out here and be jerks about it. It's funny how it seems that some of the loudest members arent doing much while its some of fork's quieter members who are doing a lot of the work.

Lastly, a shout out to antigoon for being an annoying, relentless, nonsleeping, 12 coplayer having, nonstop cat nuking guy. You've certainly earned my respect. Keep em coming ;)

Respect is a two-way street, every single day that Bunny was around, it was Honor members, particularly your leadership that were on here trash talking and talking down bunny players, for 6 months solid. So yeh, If you can't take it, then don't dish it out because what goes around comes around.

DeletedUser

I don't want a leaving thread to start turning into a flame war, but I will reply anyways.

Respect is a two-way street, every single day that Bunny was around, it was Honor members, particularly your leadership that were on here trash talking and talking down bunny players, for 6 months solid. So yeh, If you can't take it, then don't dish it out because what goes around comes around.

That is understandable, but it's unnecessary to come on my first thread/post on these forums to say things like:

Don't let the door hit you on the way out

Judging by the time of his post, The incomings must have begun to roll in at 07:00.

I'd assume that is what Krayon is talking about and I agree with him. I have not come on here for the first time in my 1 year of playing to bash anyone, more to eat my own words that I have said about some players based on things I have read over the past couple months on these forums and to congratulate my "enemies" for their success.

As a first time player when I would look at these forums it seems they are filled with a lot of negativity and it is not really the kind of community I would want to stick around in if this is how people do things, but I do know it is just a game/the internet and I take that into consideration.

And for the record, I believe I have had 0 incomings for the past week while finalizing my decision to leave and very few instances of incomings for the entire year I have played, hence my pitiful ODD when I started and continued as a heavily defensive player all the way to the end. :icon_razz:

Thank you everyone for the positive responses that were posted and good luck with everything once again.

DeletedUser104941

I don't want a leaving thread to start turning into a flame war, but I will reply anyways.

That is understandable, but it's unnecessary to come on my first thread/post on these forums to say things like:

I'd assume that is what Krayon is talking about and I agree with him. I have not come on here for the first time in my 1 year of playing to bash anyone, more to eat my own words that I have said about some players based on things I have read over the past couple months on these forums and to congratulate my "enemies" for their success.

As a first time player when I would look at these forums it seems they are filled with a lot of negativity and it is not really the kind of community I would want to stick around in if this is how people do things, but I do know it is just a game/the internet and I take that into consideration.

And for the record, I believe I have had 0 incomings for the past week while finalizing my decision to leave and very few instances of incomings for the entire year I have played, hence my pitiful ODD when I started and continued as a heavily defensive player all the way to the end. :icon_razz:

Thank you everyone for the positive responses that were posted and good luck with everything once again.

Well it looks like you are the one good egg amongst the bad :p

Best of luck.

DeletedUser103145

Because obviously players like klaus weren't on the forums talking shit every day. As you said, it was our leadership at that time saying those things, and because of that, i should expect it aimed at me in return? Logical. And by the same token, based on the current members of fork who flame honor every chance they get, then fork should expect us to be flaming assholes as well because "what goes around comes around?" And on top of that, while you and yours were bunny, fork flamed you as well, and you merged with them once you were tired of getting your ass handed to you. So basically, you know nothing of respect and you enjoy posting things that you think make you look smart. I look forward to all of the intelligent posts that follow.

DeletedUser104941

1) I said particularly your leadership, not exclusively your leadership.
2) Bunny didn't get it's ass handed to it, Ex-Bunny and Fork know we could have kept that war going for another year if we wanted.
3) Of course there was banter between Fork and Bunny during the war, some good, some bad. This was very easily overcome as both sides had come to respect one another after the fight.
5) The reason no Ex-Bunny members have any respect for you shower of clowns is that you all just sat there recruiting the world for 6 months while Fork and Bunny duked it out. Every single day we came on these forums we had to look at Honor players posting stuff like "trololololol WHY U SO BAD U LOSE WAR NOW", as well as Honey Ballerina stroking his chin and openly musing about how many bazillion points you'd have when you inevitably won the world. Do you need any more explanations as to why practically nobody from Bunny/Rabbit has any respect for you or your tribe? Please see the posts sprouted by Dan, Honor's Newest mouthpiece, for which he was......well, you know.
6) I do not enjoy posting these things, correcting your mistakes is merely a service I provide.

DeletedUser

Because obviously players like klaus weren't on the forums talking shit every day. As you said, it was our leadership at that time saying those things, and because of that, i should expect it aimed at me in return? Logical. And by the same token, based on the current members of fork who flame honor every chance they get, then fork should expect us to be flaming assholes as well because "what goes around comes around?" And on top of that, while you and yours were bunny, fork flamed you as well, and you merged with them once you were tired of getting your ass handed to you. So basically, you know nothing of respect and you enjoy posting things that you think make you look smart. I look forward to all of the intelligent posts that follow.

Wow, I am excited as the 'reply with quote' thing finally works after the update

Honor, yourself included, considered themselves awesome. I say this as probably the most least 'socially active' member of Fork

I was given Honor contacts by Destabilise to coordinate with for a inter tribal op. You may remember this as you were my 'attack partner' and we spoke on skype

Not being able to launch on our timed op I mailed you beforehand and had my fingers crossed while I was away, I returned to find out you had 0 ODA gain and wouldn't reply to my mails/skype

I had 0 correspondence from you regarding this 'combined tribal op' a long time before the Fork/Honor relationship broke down

Please think before you post anymore

Ta

DeletedUser103145

Correcting my mistakes? Your ego is far too big for your own good, but once again, it's the internet, and you fit in nicely. And for the record, i never asked for your respect, i merely stated that the majority of the mouthpieces for fork are complete fucking assholes that have nothing better to do than spew bullshit propaganda and spin anything and everything into how fork is the tribe that jesus created and honor are nothing but point whoring, self nuking, inbred, 12 year olds that are the worst players tribal wars has ever seen. I mean honestly, get the fuck over yourselves.

DeletedUser103145

Wow, I am excited as the 'reply with quote' thing finally works after the update

Honor, yourself included, considered themselves awesome. I say this as probably the most least 'socially active' member of Fork

I was given Honor contacts by Destabilise to coordinate with for a inter tribal op. You may remember this as you were my 'attack partner' and we spoke on skype

Not being able to launch on our timed op I mailed you beforehand and had my fingers crossed while I was away, I returned to find out you had 0 ODA gain and wouldn't reply to my mails/skype

I had 0 correspondence from you regarding this 'combined tribal op' a long time before the Fork/Honor relationship broke down

Please think before you post anymore

Ta
I think you may be thinking of someone else, i was not contacted in skype regarding any op with fork. there was a few week time when i was not on my account, and it may have been a co of the account that was supposed to launch, but you did not speak with me on skype about it. I also have not pranced around the forums saying how awesome i am. I honestly don't know where you're getting that from. Also, how is what you responded even relevant to the quote you posted?

DeletedUser

635635647456756.jpg

Once Honor starts beating us in stats we'll stop talking smack that we can back up.

DeletedUser

This is a long post, but I just think there is no reason to really flame anyone here or on any other thread when it comes down to it and this is why I have changed my own view to account for that.

When I decided to make this thread to include a congratulations to Fork, I did so because I tried to set my own bias aside and look at these forums a little more objectively while still considering the fact that this is a game.

I only started following the forums a couple weeks after the Honor vs. Fork war began, so I don’t have extensive knowledge of any activity here prior to around that time. Here is roughly how I basically see things overall:

• Fork has its share of players recruited from Bunny, as did Honor.
  • Attacks from Fork started early and began with the new recruits Honor picked up from remnants of Bunny.
  • Those players immediately quit the game or left the tribe after attacks started. As an Honor member during this time I know that most, if not all, who were kicked were removed because they either posted on the internal forums or in skype saying sorry but they are not willing to continue and they went on their way. I do remember the Fluxor guy or whatever his name was ask for something like 100-200 villages to be stacked, but we had told him he needs to reduce that list and when he did not want to, he decided to just up and leave the tribe when incomings started, even though many of us still had support heading out to him. Then I saw him post on here for days how he is now gifting villages, etc, but really it was just another instance of a quitter at the first sign of incomings.
  • A figurehead to mention as well was Nightmare. We all trusted him and sent massive amounts of support and then he abruptly left the tribe. HB assured us as I remember it that he was “of the most trustable members” in the tribe so we kept our remaining support with him, then we all saw him join Spork and the events following that.
  • During all of these events, Fork members boast about their achievements on the externals about how they are nobling so many Honor while Honor is having a harder time in the war. The main thing that aggravated me when reading posts during this time was when I would see the arguments over who to count in stats and honestly I don’t really care, but I did at least want it known that those players really were NOT kicked to save stats. Many actually did hit the leave tribe button themselves, but the few who were removed made it completely clear to the rest of us that they did not want to put forth any effort to actually participate in the war from the moment their incomings came in. I wouldn’t fault any tribe for removing players like that.

Anyways, my point here is that Honor has had it tough since the beginning. Maybe this was due to poor decisions by the leadership or maybe it was just bad luck in ending up with far more inactive/quitting players from the start of the war. Either way, when I assess everything putting aside any “bitterness” I may have held at certain times in the last couple months, they have every right to congratulate each other for their achievements on the externals. Furthermore, I think it is pretty nice if an opponent does the same when they have clearly been doing better against you. Sure it has aggravated me when they do it in a trolling way with pictures or stories and I do think some have presented themselves to be somewhat of a “douchebag” as Krayon has pointed out, but like I said, I can’t fault an entire group of people for the way a select few choose to behave on the internet.

I wanted to congratulate Fork because I felt they deserved it. When I sat the HB account for over a week I started with over 2k untagged incomings and only lost villages the few minutes/hours after the sit was first sent to me or a couple times when I had to go to sleep (I actually remember 1 instance where Muso took 1 or 2 off of me after I tried to bait him in by letting scouts get through when I had several Ds arriving, unfortunately for me when I checked the reports he had closer nobles than I expected and sent them literally minutes after I logged off to go to sleep around 2am my time). Taking that sit for as long as I held it was actually my first time playing an account with more than a few 100 incoming and felt that I ended up doing pretty well while it stayed up around that same amount through almost the entire sitting period. The fact is, I strongly believe this game comes down to activity vs. activity in the end. I did not once fail to snipe any trains when I was online, but I obviously cannot be online 24/7 and the same goes for my opponent. In the Muso case, although I had to sleep, I’d say he outplayed me there because I did not consider the fact that he would have nobles that close by, lol. So kudos to him back at that time.

Had I been a little less ignorant from my own ill-feelings sooner, I probably would have posted a congratulations as the “plays” came out from both sides with Fork largely pulling ahead. I’d say I could only really call someone on these externals a “jerk” or anything else based on how they may have reacted to a genuine “well done” for either outplaying us on OPs or just having strong, consistent activity from more of their players than ours.

Based on responses so far, I think I can say Fork’s “external personalities” here may not be as bad as I had assumed and seem to understand that competition is competition and there is nothing wrong with congratulating your opponent out of respect when you are both trying hard to do the best you can and they come out on top. Even when someone takes a village off of you with the help of 7 of their tribemates and then boasts about it, it sucks, but this is a team game in the end.

DeletedUser103145

And you have every right to show the stats and brag about them and do whatever you want with them. Your tribe has done well. Congratulations on your success thus far. But realize that the members of your tribe who do nothing but troll and flame make you all look bad. As much as you all talk shit about honey badgers, one would think you realize this by now.

DeletedUser

And you have every right to show the stats and brag about them and do whatever you want with them. Your tribe has done well. Congratulations on your success thus far. But realize that the members of your tribe who do nothing but troll and flame make you all look bad. As much as you all talk shit about honey badgers, one would think you realize this by now.

Honey Ballerina sure was talking up a storm on the externals before, our turn now! Drink some cement and harden up princess. If you can't take the heat, get out of the war-zone.