Top 20 Tribes

DeletedUser

Does anybody know why ~MW~ or FOSSIL haven't attempted to take out DR yet? They are practically inter-dispersed amongst eachother, and DR seems to be shooting up the board without any resistence. The logical move is for both to continue southeast, so why wouldn't they eliminate them before they continue to grow?

(By the way, I'm just a casual observer new to posting from a small tribe on the rim in the SE - so just sorta appreciating the larger successful tribes in my direction)

Much bigger fish to fry, perhaps?

DeletedUser108821

Much bigger fish to fry, perhaps?

That's the way I see it as well. When they need to expand outwards I don't expect that they will meet much resistance, so for now the emphasis is grabbing as much territory as they can at the borders with the tribe that will cause more trouble later on, hence their focus is on snapping up as much ZEF and now WeT land as they possibly can before Ex and whatever becomes of Where? do.

If you've been watching there have been periodic attacks in the southwest to make sure the situation is never out of hand, hence the coordinated assault on RAID when they were beginning to look strong and attacks on on a few individual players in WhatDa? (HELL) (creativekush/the real babar/The beibs) and one on yusoMadBro when he was beginning to grow too quickly for them. There is also currently a fair bit of energy directed at Woops! at the moment and I expect HELL, Mirin? and DR will have a few surgical strikes inflicted in the next few weeks (but I would be surprised if it is anything more than that for the foreseeable future)

DeletedUser

DR will be opped and destroyed after woops and some others smaller tribes around :3

Deleted User - 4669627

That's the way I see it as well. When they need to expand outwards I don't expect that they will meet much resistance, so for now the emphasis is grabbing as much territory as they can at the borders with the tribe that will cause more trouble later on, hence their focus is on snapping up as much ZEF and now WeT land as they possibly can before Ex and whatever becomes of Where? do.

If you've been watching there have been periodic attacks in the southwest to make sure the situation is never out of hand, hence the coordinated assault on RAID when they were beginning to look strong and attacks on on a few individual players in WhatDa? (HELL) (creativekush/the real babar/The beibs) and one on yusoMadBro when he was beginning to grow too quickly for them. There is also currently a fair bit of energy directed at Woops! at the moment and I expect HELL, Mirin? and DR will have a few surgical strikes inflicted in the next few weeks (but I would be surprised if it is anything more than that for the foreseeable future)
nice review

DeletedUser108821

nice review

Thanks.

Further to that, I'd have to say I'd much rather be in the position of FOSSIL/~MW~ then that of Ex/ExO/CTT + the remainders of of Where? (Who I imagine will team up). If you look at the tribal dominance maps in the west you have Brutal/Brute, TRE, Infest and K73 who each have a continent where they have 75%+ dominance. It is going to be much more difficult for them to spread out towards the rim than it will be in the East, where no tribe in the 3rd ring of continents has more than a 50% share (Although I wouldn't be surprised if LOVE and Slava teamed up when they realise FOSSIL has nowhere to expand except through them and in that case they would have 80% of K26).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is mostly due to yourself, am I right?

DeletedUser

100% true genius, east side has much fewer problems in the rim :p

DeletedUser

I dunno, I hope Where? manages something, sure they have been quiet, and managed to merge their way to the top without any wars of any kind the entire world, and had that mouthpiece mod tooting their horn all the time, but man, were they really playing simcity? Sadly seems so.....

Deleted User - 4669627

so 2 tribes merged to create, well, 2 tribes, which they then called NEW?

family tribes are old as time itself :icon_rolleyes:

Congrats to Ex, I think family tribes are an embarrassment to the players involved :icon_redface:, so respect to the leadership that ended that shame.

spoke to soon, the family is now 3 tribes, not 2
or is it 4?

can somebody tell us how many tribes are currently Ex family?
are they part of the commonwealth?

Third-party-facepalm.jpg

edit: stupidgenius, i will reply to you later when i have the time your post merits

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hahaha, god I hope that's a joke.

spoke to soon, the family is now 3 tribes, not 2
or is it 4?

can somebody tell us how many tribes are currently Ex family?
are they part of the commonwealth?

Third-party-facepalm.jpg

edit: stupidgenius, i will reply to you later when i have the time your post merits

Deleted User - 4669627

they are not part of the commonwealth, that was me being funny :icon_razz:

i think the number of official ex family tribes is 3

DeletedUser77516

depends on if it's an official basher tribe or an individual players basher tribe

I would say an official basher tribe should be considered family, while on the other hand an individual players basher tribe is personal and does not have to be respected by diplomacy or rest of tribe

DeletedUser103537

My question is a official basher tribe that doesn't have the same diplomacy as the tribe it is bashing for.

DeletedUser77516

Leave it up to the individual then, not everyone has the same opinion so might as well settle for what people think and allow them to think that

DeletedUser

Very true wolf, I personally look at a basher tribe as a big tribe's academy that gets nobled out by them at the end.

Deleted User - 4669627

If you've been watching there have been periodic attacks in the southwest [Southeast] to make sure the situation is never out of hand, hence the coordinated assault on RAID when they were beginning to look strong and attacks on on a few individual players in WhatDa? (HELL) (creativekush/the real babar/The beibs) and one on yusoMadBro when he was beginning to grow too quickly for them. There is also currently a fair bit of energy directed at Woops! at the moment and I expect HELL, Mirin? and DR will have a few surgical strikes inflicted in the next few weeks (but I would be surprised if it is anything more than that for the foreseeable future)

image.php

Thanks.

Further to that, I'd have to say I'd much rather be in the position of FOSSIL/~MW~ then that of Ex/ExO/CTT + the remainders of of Where? (Who I imagine will team up). If you look at the tribal dominance maps in the west you have Brutal/Brute, TRE, Infest and K73 who each have a continent where they have 75%+ dominance. It is going to be much more difficult for them to spread out towards the rim than it will be in the East, where no tribe in the 3rd ring of continents has more than a 50% share (Although I wouldn't be surprised if LOVE and Slava teamed up when they realise FOSSIL has nowhere to expand except through them and in that case they would have 80% of K26).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is mostly due to yourself, am I right?
we rarely have requests for support in our forums.
woops and raid caused a few support threads.

Woops! :icon_redface:
RAID :icon_twisted: :axemen:

hell is/was intermixed with us in k57, you can see from the stats our attacks are focused on cleaning k57, while k58 remains calm. :icon_rolleyes:

mirin and dr are not so intermixed with us and neither has been generating support requests from my mates, so they have both eluded our focus. :icon_eek:

until just recently slava was not even on my map. love still is not on my map (though i see a hole in my map between mw+fossil+slava northwest of k36 and i believe you gave that hole a name). :icon_idea:

recently i acquired a sliver of slava border, hence my newfound interest, but they are more an issue for fossil than for me.

in regards to the ex family (a family called Divorce?) :icon_confused: you have to wonder which will prove to be the greater obstacle...

rim tribes (as you point out) or family issues? :icon_neutral:

or maybe, as you suggest, it will be me :icon_eek:

but i bet most people's money is on Fossils :icon_cry:

certainly they have some serious obstacles, but they also have some first-rate players and conspik is a good leader :snob:

good luck to all

DeletedUser108821

shahyd said:
or maybe, as you suggest, it will be me :icon_eek:

That wasn't what I meant, I was referring more to the fact that you pursued a strategy focussed around recruiting good players in strategic positions outside of the core rather than just trying to collect the "best" players (i.e. those with the most points), who usually are centred in the core because they started earlier.

Thats was why I was a little surprised when you recruited the players in K55 and also at the way the tribe memberships of ~MW~ and FOSSIL were arranged after the merger - I think it makes you much more dependant on FOSSIL for your survival than you were before.

Deleted User - 4669627

i understood what you meant, i was just joking :icon_razz:

before we recruited the k55 mates, we had very limited opportunity for expansion except along the rim
at the time and even now, the most strategic position to recruit a few players was k55

as well, the rawr/onfire merge threatened to limit our expansion options unless we took in a few onfire

certainly about 20% of our mates are somewhat dependent on our allies as a result of our recent recruiting, but the expansion options benefit 100% of our mates
and 80% are not dependent on anybody but their tribemates and are capable of assisting the other 20%

DeletedUser103537

So have not seen a top 20 review in a while

1. HotRex: OK even though I am in this tribe looks to have control of the world right now.
2. ~MW~ FOOD(joking) last premade left seems to be doing ok they are good tribe. Great people in the tribe
3. Ex: Dieing tribe seems merging with Where? didn't work out to well would have suggested they merge into Where? may have kept a ton of there players.
4. Igouge: good tribe from what I know a bit new though to the world. Ex Where? members
5. ~@~ rimmish tribe heard they were fighting Ex a bit not sure though.
6. TRE another rimmish tribe doing pretty good for being on the rimm
7. CTT: a tribe of food
8. LOVE: Have heard rumors tribe is badly organized not sure how true this is. looks like food
9. Stunts: Don't know them
10. DR: umm don't know much about them
11. ~@2~: academy tribe
12. GODS: Don't know food for igouge
13. F U: Don't know
14. NomNom: From war stats seem to look like a good rimm tribe
15.Slava: Dieing North East tribe
16. {F}: Don't know rimmish tribe look like future food for HotRex and MW
17. DONL: FOOD for Igouge I believe
18. $$$: Don't know
19. OTS: Don't know
20. ExO: Tribe of FOOD

DeletedUser108821

So have not seen a top 20 review in a while

*snip*

That's a pretty terrible review - you don't seem to be following the lesser tribes so welll..... So I will add what I've observed:

8. LOVE: Merged with *LS* recently to jump up the rankings. Have quite a few good players and a fairly good position in the north-northeastern corner - the only place in the east that ~MW~ is not encroaching on - but from what I hear they recently backed away from helping their ally Slava when they started coming under heavy attack from ~MW~ and HotRex which tells me they either have a weak leadership or a divided team, which doesn't bode well for the future.

9. Stunts: From what I've heard they are an ally or family tribe of TRE - and given the fact they are cross-nobling each others inactives I would think it must be true. They've recently picked up some of the best players of the now defunct WAP and seem to be forming a fairly solid rim position outside iGouge.

10. DR: A fairly solid tribe with some decent players who are getting slowly squeezed out by ~MW~. They merged with Mirin? 3 weeks ago (another tribe getting squeezed by ~MW~) to jump into the top 10, but are struggling to hold their own. Not helped by the fact their former top player Vairyn is being internally nobled (actually it looks to me like there was a planned merger with him and the tribe leader Im The Reaper that went wrong when ~MW~ and HotRex squashed him). They also haven't changed the default tribe description text which really annoys me.

12. GODS: They have actually been growing quite quickly and organically, and they have some pretty good players, but they've just started a little too late and I would be surprised if they do not start getting pressure applied from iGouge, which has been absent so far in their lives.

13. F U: A K22 rim continent tribe with 2 very good player and the rest being a bunch of rubbish who for some strange reason have recruit a couple of random players nowhere near them, such as Gears General, and as such have jumped up the rankings. Expect the two decent players to jump ship and the rest to crumble as soon as iGouge approaches.

14. NomNom: a K48 rim continent tribe who are slowly moving outwards with a push to the new rim, and north with the acquistion of some {F} members. Have done well so far to avoid the wrath of ~MW~ and have a small but solid group of players.

15. Slava: Were looking for a time like they might become a force in the north for a while. They were holding their own against ~MW~ and Hotrex for a long time, but LOVE has flanked them with the merge with *LS* and now they are shedding members and have dropped from 9th place before Christmas and look now to be no more than food.

16. {F}: Small tribe that were looking promising, but are slowly getting crushed by ~MW~ and HotRex and are starting to lose members as well.

17. DONL: A K14 rim continent tribe who looked to be doing alright for a while until a day or two ago when their top player by a long way jumped across to iGouge. Except the rest of them now to be food for iGouge.

18. $$$: Probably has one of the longest and most storied histories of all the tribes, including that of the top ones. I might actually speak to Cpt Sandwich to get him to do a short blog article about them. Started life on the K57 side of the K56/K57 border!. I think The M0B (or Gamez as he was then) is the only remaining player from that original group now that The Architect. has finally been nobled out. Is now batting the Commonwealth in K58/9 and the north of K68 whilst having their inner borders consistently nobled out by ~MW~.

19. OTS: Came from just about nothing a week ago by merging with NUTZ. They've got a decent rim position as well outside Ex in K16/17/27 and they might be lucky with Ex more focussed on the war than with taking down the rim tribes.