Time Has Run Out

Subwind

Okay, who forgot to wind the Clock up. It seems to have stopped working.

The war just Ticked over, but you have to Hand it to them, they didn't have a Second thought into Timing this tribe disbanding. Let's all take a Minute to remember every Face from Clock. Is anyone Alarmed by this, or am I just Cuckoo?

Alright, silly puns all over....

Subwind

GO MATT! and GO ODA! Hope to see you guys later on in the world if anyone can hold a civil war in a game that generally lacks civility (myself not excluded from that generalization) it's Matt.

Clock are in trouble. It's great to see a bit of flexing from ODA to keep things interesting. :)

Just joined the forum under a new name, you are gonna make me work for your identity aren't you. Luckily, I do like to solve a puzzle. Just yourself and one other beat me to the riddle of W70. The other being someone you probably know very well, I shall work this out now, or not. Unless I do, but then I probably won't. Unless I have already, which I have not.

Subwind

Sent Jun 21, 2013 21:42:31
The war between Clock (disbanded) and Organised Destructive Aggression has ended.

jot10 today at 22:09
I would like an invite if possible

27 minutes before asking for an invite, after showing nothing to earn an invite, other than alot of mention of Panda helping your tribe and not alot else. Something tells me Panda was never going to help, I cannot believe that tribe would have wanted to be tied into Clock.

Clock attacked ODA first. ODA declared, Clock disbanded. The End.

DeletedUser95698

Sent Jun 21, 2013 21:42:31
The war between Clock (disbanded) and Organised Destructive Aggression has ended.

jot10 today at 22:09
I would like an invite if possible

27 minutes before asking for an invite, after showing nothing to earn an invite, other than alot of mention of Panda helping your tribe and not alot else. Something tells me Panda was never going to help, I cannot believe that tribe would have wanted to be tied into Clock.

Clock attacked ODA first. ODA declared, Clock disbanded. The End.

he blocked me from mailing him, no invite.

DeletedUser

Best of luck ODA. Nice to see you around noobking.

Never took Cuda to be a spy but he sure did turn quick.

I wasn't a spy. I had a few communications with CraigandLeanna that REALLY pissed me off. The dude is an idiot, plain and simple. I was going to leave the tribe. He has no business being a leader. But due to how bad he pissed me off I wanted to make sure to do some damage, so I reached out to the leaders of ODA. They didn't want my help, which is fine, but I was surprised to see that they outed me publicly.

I don't mind being outed, as I was planning on leaving Clock anyway. But I'm surprised the ODA leadership would do that, as it sets a bad precedent and other players will be weary to come to them with information in the future. *shrugs* not my problem.

All of that said, I see Clock has already disbanded. So... I guess I was right. Craig is an AWFUL leader and I would caution anyone to join any tribe his has any leadership positions in.

DeletedUser

I wasn't a spy. I had a few communications with CraigandLeanna that REALLY pissed me off. The dude is an idiot, plain and simple. I was going to leave the tribe. He has no business being a leader. But due to how bad he pissed me off I wanted to make sure to do some damage, so I reached out to the leaders of ODA. They didn't want my help, which is fine, but I was surprised to see that they outed me publicly.

I don't mind being outed, as I was planning on leaving Clock anyway. But I'm surprised the ODA leadership would do that, as it sets a bad precedent and other players will be weary to come to them with information in the future. *shrugs* not my problem.

Well here are a few things Matt hates which are the following: puppies, ponies, spies, cowards, quitters, Obama, Hillary, W69, RageSkylar, kittens, chuck norris, any kind of clock or watch, Matt, any yankees fan, llamas, axes, lc, spears, pirates, Captain Jack Sparrow, Blackbeard, David Beckham, Lebron James, Kobe, Fast Food, Nerfing Irelia, Teemo, American Idol, barbies, and finally however equally important people who turn their back on their tribe for any reason :)

DeletedUser

Well here are a few things Matt hates which are the following: puppies, ponies, spies, cowards, quitters, Obama, Hillary, W69, RageSkylar, kittens, chuck norris, any kind of clock or watch, Matt, any yankees fan, llamas, axes, lc, spears, pirates, Captain Jack Sparrow, Blackbeard, David Beckham, Lebron James, Kobe, Fast Food, Nerfing Irelia, Teemo, American Idol, barbies, and finally however equally important people who turn their back on their tribe for any reason :)

He can like or dislike anything he wants. It doesn't mean he is viewing the situation correctly. It's his pejorative to have an erroneous viewpoint though.

DeletedUser41659

His pejorative to dislike Captain Jack Sparrow is what makes his viewpoint erroneous.

Subwind

All of that said, I see Clock has already disbanded. So... I guess I was right. Craig is an AWFUL leader and I would caution anyone to join any tribe his has any leadership positions in.

Rage is correct. I dislike players who turn their back on their tribe at the first side of trouble. If you join a tribe, respect the leadership. If you think it is wrong, leave. But don't wait for a war to leave. While people may not always agree with how I lead, they always respect the way I do it, and tend to see the benefits later on. I am not saying you are not a good player, you could be a legend of the game, but you turned on your tribe within 10 minutes of the war starting. I, along with 99% of players on this game, want players alongside them who will fight with them and for them until the last village. Your mail to me just showed me that you are not willing to fight for the tribe you are in. The only enemies I have ever recruited into a tribe of mine have not been the spies, never the intel givers. Always the players who fight, make it hard to defeat them, and those who accept war as part of the game and just get on with it. If we break down the title of the game, it becomes clear. Tribal (as in a tribe of lots of people) Wars (as in fights alongside those from part one of the title). I wish you all the best in the game in the future. To earn respect and honor, you must fight hard for your tribe. Those who do not, bounce from tribe to tribe. This was the reason for my "Limited Tribe Changes" suggestion in the forum... Best of luck Cuda.

DeletedUser

Just joined the forum under a new name, you are gonna make me work for your identity aren't you. Luckily, I do like to solve a puzzle. Just yourself and one other beat me to the riddle of W70. The other being someone you probably know very well, I shall work this out now, or not. Unless I do, but then I probably won't. Unless I have already, which I have not.

Well, I DID message you in game (on 69) a couple of weeks ago introducing myself through a name you would recognise. Sleuthing shouldn't be too difficult. :) Good to hear you cracked the puzzle too :D

Subwind

Well, I DID message you in game (on 69) a couple of weeks ago introducing myself through a name you would recognise. Sleuthing shouldn't be too difficult. :) Good to hear you cracked the puzzle too :D

Of course. You know, since this world started I have received around 900 mails in game now, just as well I keep them all. Enjoying the world then?

DeletedUser

Rage is correct. I dislike players who turn their back on their tribe at the first side of trouble. If you join a tribe, respect the leadership. If you think it is wrong, leave. But don't wait for a war to leave. While people may not always agree with how I lead, they always respect the way I do it, and tend to see the benefits later on. I am not saying you are not a good player, you could be a legend of the game, but you turned on your tribe within 10 minutes of the war starting. I, along with 99% of players on this game, want players alongside them who will fight with them and for them until the last village. Your mail to me just showed me that you are not willing to fight for the tribe you are in. The only enemies I have ever recruited into a tribe of mine have not been the spies, never the intel givers. Always the players who fight, make it hard to defeat them, and those who accept war as part of the game and just get on with it. If we break down the title of the game, it becomes clear. Tribal (as in a tribe of lots of people) Wars (as in fights alongside those from part one of the title). I wish you all the best in the game in the future. To earn respect and honor, you must fight hard for your tribe. Those who do not, bounce from tribe to tribe. This was the reason for my "Limited Tribe Changes" suggestion in the forum... Best of luck Cuda.

I can agree with and respect your position. I suppose the breakdown in ideology here stems from the fact that I never wanted to join your tribe. Further, I didn't turn on my tribe at the first sign of trouble. I turned on them prior to war being declared. But when I saw you declare war on them, I saw an even quicker way to bring Craig down. You weren't the first person that I offered my services too. Without going into details of what happened, Craig sold me out and nearly caused a lot of shit for me simply because he was being frumpy. Further, he would kick members from the tribe at random and his reasoning was always very sketchy at best. Upon communicating with him about these things, it was clear that he wasn't fit for leadership and as I mentioned, really aggravated me with the way he spoke to me. I wanted revenge, I wanted him gone. So I began my quest to remove him from the tribe and the game, ideally.

The only thing that I disagreed with on your front Subwind, was that you went public with my information. You can dislike me, dislike what I was trying to do and even refuse my help. I commend you for having the moral's to do so. But when you go public with private communications in game, it makes it very unlikely that other people will reach out to you. I guess you could say it hurts your 'trust' factor. Now people that have seen this will be a lot less likely to go to you with any private communications for fear that you will take it public.

Perhaps I have a different outlook than a lot of the TW players, but to me, going public with information is akin to a tattle tale. I value privacy of communication. I want people to know that I can 'keep a secret' so to speak. So even if I disagree with someone, I'm not going to out them in public, unless doing so serves a very legitimate purpose. Which in this instance, doing so to me didn't seem to serve any purpose?

Irregardless, I appreciate your thoughts and as I said, I can respect where you are coming from.

One last thing I would like to point out, just for the sake of reputation. W2. That was the last world that I played on (and the first). I haven't played in a long time, but I did play for a long time. Check my stats there, Cuda1337. You'll see I'm a loyal tribe guy.

Cheers.

Subwind

I can agree with and respect your position. I suppose the breakdown in ideology here stems from the fact that I never wanted to join your tribe. Further, I didn't turn on my tribe at the first sign of trouble. I turned on them prior to war being declared. But when I saw you declare war on them, I saw an even quicker way to bring Craig down. You weren't the first person that I offered my services too. Without going into details of what happened, Craig sold me out and nearly caused a lot of shit for me simply because he was being frumpy. Further, he would kick members from the tribe at random and his reasoning was always very sketchy at best. Upon communicating with him about these things, it was clear that he wasn't fit for leadership and as I mentioned, really aggravated me with the way he spoke to me. I wanted revenge, I wanted him gone. So I began my quest to remove him from the tribe and the game, ideally.

The only thing that I disagreed with on your front Subwind, was that you went public with my information. You can dislike me, dislike what I was trying to do and even refuse my help. I commend you for having the moral's to do so. But when you go public with private communications in game, it makes it very unlikely that other people will reach out to you. I guess you could say it hurts your 'trust' factor. Now people that have seen this will be a lot less likely to go to you with any private communications for fear that you will take it public.

Perhaps I have a different outlook than a lot of the TW players, but to me, going public with information is akin to a tattle tale. I value privacy of communication. I want people to know that I can 'keep a secret' so to speak. So even if I disagree with someone, I'm not going to out them in public, unless doing so serves a very legitimate purpose. Which in this instance, doing so to me didn't seem to serve any purpose?

Irregardless, I appreciate your thoughts and as I said, I can respect where you are coming from.

One last thing I would like to point out, just for the sake of reputation. W2. That was the last world that I played on (and the first). I haven't played in a long time, but I did play for a long time. Check my stats there, Cuda1337. You'll see I'm a loyal tribe guy.

Cheers.

I understand your views on this, and I do agree, I probably shouldn't have gone public. However, this was not a war, it was a skirmish. The fastest way to end a skirmish is with words, not axes. Especially on a world like this. Your information was my word axe to hurt your old tribe internally, alot quicker than sending men with axes. Also, with regards to people choosing not to come to me with information, this may be the case, and that would not change the way I play the game. Sadly, it is more than likely not the case. This game is full of great players who work hard and honor their game and tribes. But that number is sadly outweighed by the tribe hopping, big wording, name dropping players who only last long term into a world by spreading information about the tribes they are in just to save their own skins. There will always be someone who runs from a fight using information about their former tribe as the smokescreen to hide their escape. Also, I would estimate that only 10% of the players on W69 actually read this forum.

DeletedUser111364

Cuda1337,

Say and think what you want. I do not even realize why you are really upset.

You came to me wanting to be an informant for the tribe and i agreed. Your job was to plant spies etc....

I quickly changed my mind and you got upset because i didnt trust you.

As far as leading goes, i trust i am capable. With me at the helm of Clock, leadership was stable. Things were looking up. I demoted myself from duke because i lost interest then Clock disbands. I left before it even disbanded.

I mean as far as i know i was leading right. I was dismissing dead weight, the players that just weren't growing as fast as i would of liked. Also, we were crowded and needed the process of expanding to be easier.

As far as diplomacy, Clock was set. We had two naps and an alliance. I setup one and kept one alive while not even coming into contact almost at all with the other. I think the only thing that destroyed Clock was Jot, he disbanded it. He was a wild card. He admitted that he was not a good leader.

I tried to show him by example. Recruitment should be strict (I dismissed 22 players within 48 hours) and location is important. You should interview your recruits. I tried to tell him about diplomacy, how its not good to get other tribes involved in your wars...etc..

It seems pretty simple how to lead. You got to be strict on how you operate, but you do not have to be a arse hole.
Strict recruitment, strict diplomacy. You can be nice and strict :)

I think you over reacted Cuda. It is a game, move on.

-Craig

Last edited: