Start of the end of Story?

• Thread starter Dust and Shadows
  • Start date

DeletedUser

The problem as I see it is not just with Story or Jager its the world as a whole, the world specs are too tough for many and when new worlds come out the world will be depleted of active players, it will all come down to is who has the tenacity to stay in this world or not.

We finally get a world which favors skill and strategy and this is the 100th time I've heard this argument. I'm quite sorry that you can't just get 3 co-players, farm 24/7 and get ahead like a normal world. To thrive in these settings takes planning and teamwork.

Saying the setting are "too tough for many" in my view is an acknowledgement that Story wasn't able to adapt to these settings and it's just easier to use a blanket statement like this one. In my opinion these settings are great because they will allow a player's skill and abilities to determine their success.

Can't research a target properly? - fall behind when you get surprised
Can't split your nuke? - fall behind when you get sniped
Can't time a train? - fall behind when you get sniped
Can't protect your nobles? - fall behind when they die
Can't farm your way out of trouble? - fall behind if you don't have the pits to support your growth

On these settings SKILL > ACTIVITY (at least for the foreseeable future), and honestly most of the people I've seen quit so far are just players who can't adapt, and don't change their strategy from a hauls enabled world.

Ripfin

We finally get a world which favors skill and strategy and this is the 100th time I've heard this argument. I'm quite sorry that you can't just get 3 co-players, farm 24/7 and get ahead like a normal world. To thrive in these settings takes planning and teamwork.

Saying the setting are "too tough for many" in my view is an acknowledgement that Story wasn't able to adapt to these settings and it's just easier to use a blanket statement like this one. In my opinion these settings are great because they will allow a player's skill and abilities to determine their success.

Can't research a target properly? - fall behind when you get surprised
Can't split your nuke? - fall behind when you get sniped
Can't time a train? - fall behind when you get sniped
Can't protect your nobles? - fall behind when they die
Can't farm your way out of trouble? - fall behind if you don't have the pits to support your growth

On these settings SKILL > ACTIVITY (at least for the foreseeable future), and honestly most of the people I've seen quit so far are just players who can't adapt, and don't change their strategy from a hauls enabled world.

I never said this world is hard for me. it works well for me.

DeletedUser

@ripfin - I didn't say you did. Your account certainly seems to be well on it's way lol

I took your meaning to be more general, but was merely commenting that I've heard that sooo many times since this world started and I just don't get it. People complain about P2W because it gives rich people an unfair advantage and levels the playing field during start up, but the same people complain about how "hard" this world is because it requires a fair amount of skill to stay competitive.

I'm not sure exactly what people want??? either way - my post wasn't directed at you, more general discussion which arose out of your earlier post...

Ripfin

@ripfin - I didn't say you did. Your account certainly seems to be well on it's way lol

I took your meaning to be more general, but was merely commenting that I've heard that sooo many times since this world started and I just don't get it. People complain about P2W because it gives rich people an unfair advantage and levels the playing field during start up, but the same people complain about how "hard" this world is because it requires a fair amount of skill to stay competitive.

I'm not sure exactly what people want??? either way - my post wasn't directed at you, more general discussion which arose out of your earlier post...

Well what can I say, you can make some of the people happy some of the time but you cannot make all of the people happy all the time.

DeletedUser

ROFL at the entire Papa Gordo mess. Go look at the stats and the page screams COWARDS.

Story nobles a Gordo village

Umm, not quite right. Gordo nobled a HOT villa, and Biffy stole (nobled) it out from under him...

Gordo responds by convincing ~HOT~... not himself, not his tribe, but some meatshields to cat the Story member down.

It was our villa, we weren't about to let that one stand. Isn't the next best thing to nobles, cats? Gordo didn't "convince" anyone to meatshield for him. We smashed, bashed, and mauled biffy's stacks. Then proceeded to cat that villa to the ground. I have great respect for my tribe mate Everwild, his tenacity puts bulldogs to shame.

Once catting is in progess Gordo sneaks a Story village during the chaos of HOT's attacks.

No again, Gordo only applied the oldest adage in the book, "turn about is fair play." In this instance, biffy lost his main.

Story, rather than fighting back allows Gordo to keep the village and immediately invites him.

I can not comment on this other then to say that biffy soon after lost his second as well. To one of my esteemed colleagues.

Every move that was made in that situation by either side is the play of COWARDS. Gordo too afraid to fight, so uses some meatshields as cover...Story to afraid to recap ONE LITTLE VILLAGE so they recruit a player who was attacking them.

Still very far from the "truth". We defended our own. Is it not better to cat a villa to the ground then to let the enemy have use of it, eg... scorched earth? As another of my esteemed colleagues would say, "what use is a points lady". Biffy certainly didn't have a ratio to write home about...

You are all cowards, Gordo you are a nub and if you send one of those 3 second noble trains you seem to like at me it's getting sniped twice, just because I can. I hope ODA decides not to continue their alliance, because they will disband your sorry ass tribe in less than a week if they ever decide to attack.

I can only say that I have the utmost respect for ODA. It is a very rare thing to find in this world, those who strive to stay in honor at all times. This quality is in a continual state of contempt, by those who are lacking in moral fortitude.

DeletedUser

Turtle Swag Jul 04,2013 04:54
Just inquiring about possible recruitment in 2/3 days. Might come over with 2/3 friends (Guys in my area that I basically tore up the area with). We are a bit far from you guys but it gives us good place to expand. Story basically collapsed because of internal conflicts. So yeah just a heads up.

110% Chance of Absolutely Not

DeletedUser110665

Well doesn't that rejection hurt really bad :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

It does hurt... When you realize everyone around you won't be letting you in either because well... Thats the whole point of you trying to join us. Your surrounded by quite a few angry players at yourself. Next time you try to join a tribe, don't lie about why your tribe fell apart... Internal disputes? Caused by who exactly?

SassySwagGuru

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score

Turtle Swag Jul 04,2013 04:54
Just inquiring about possible recruitment in 2/3 days. Might come over with 2/3 friends (Guys in my area that I basically tore up the area with). We are a bit far from you guys but it gives us good place to expand. Story basically collapsed because of internal conflicts. So yeah just a heads up.

110% Chance of Absolutely Not

Not decided on tht one yet ^^

Muldie325

So my interpretation of that message is that you said you were inquiring about recruitment, but then instead of actually asking any questions, you simply informed them that you were considering them as a tribe that would be beneficial for you personally to join. As if they should be excited by the prospect.

DeletedUser110665

So my interpretation of that message is that you said you were inquiring about recruitment, but then instead of actually asking any questions, you simply informed them that you were considering them as a tribe that would be beneficial for you personally to join. As if they should be excited by the prospect.

They should be kissing my feet for the privalage :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Anyone with the name Swag in their username clearly does not belong well... anywhere

ancient mariner

Now there are clearly two tribes with best leaders left in this world... (and one upcoming surprise package), Lakewind, and Jamie are great leaders, and they both play with honor and respect.

Looking forward to new K35 Map.

DeletedUser

Although lakewind claims he has honor i shall provide you with quotes that says otherwise:

extract from lakewind telling STORY about there diplomacy down south

"RED are enemies, however we have no diplomacy with Jäger so they are just food"

Turnes out ODA have an alliance with Jäger and even have a shared forum :icon_smile:

When someone tries to preach about all the honor they have when they actually have none :icon_rolleyes:

Subwind

"RED are enemies, however we have no diplomacy with Jäger so they are just food"

Story know of our relations with Jager. And, I can honestly say, I cannot remember ever using the word "food" about anyone on this game.

Would be interesting to see the proof of this.

DeletedUser

Although lakewind claims he has honor i shall provide you with quotes that says otherwise:

extract from lakewind telling STORY about there diplomacy down south

You could have written that quote yourself..
Screenshot it or shut up about it

Subwind

Be interesting to see if anyone from Story backs this up. I am thinking, no as it never existed :)

DeletedUser

So you are saying you were always open to STORY about the fact you had an alliance with Jäger?