Top 20 Tribes thread

DeletedUser

naturally

for someone who prides supposedly on facts, kind of missed for much of the time mentioned several of the names were not in fact in suits..also that most of us had never seen an ego attack on our accounts til smoke was formed...

Let's see... I've had attacks from frezy, mieszko, sub555, ilithium, tekkenazo, astephen, -wigs-, and wild jesus that I remember. These same players, once I killed their trains, have not sent a thing at me in months. This change shows me that they lost interest when they saw no gains for their efforts. What makes you think they will be any different now? I've nobled villages from mousse and rangeley, no retaliation. You put a lot of faith in players that simply don't hold their weight.

edit2: Oh and the southern "wars" part was worth a laugh.. having a hard time snacking on the tribes one fourth your size? :/

Nice try, but even missed the fact that one was duke of suits when "no-one" stood up to fill leadership role.

Wherein lies the value of a duke that does nothing?

Edit: the kind of duke that loses half of his tribe to an enemy they have absolutely no reason to like and a long history of fighting against. To the point that the players came to us asking to switch tribes, does that not indicate a leadership problem to you? keep on believing...

the slightly more realistic "what if" may have been aided by referencing argument in suits/ego war thread and discussion of ego's failure to aid the members who moved, notably arko, having had a substantial time to do so whilst much of what is now smoke still had masses of dv's in his and other now ego/zips vills, a shame that for all concerned since it might have made a large difference in long run...how's that for general disinterest from a group of players ?

Well, I think it best I leave that answer in the twilight zone for you.. Maybe you can puzzle it out on your own, who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

the slightly more realistic "what if" may have been aided by referencing argument in suits/ego war thread and discussion of ego's failure to aid the members who moved,

Oh I meant to reply to this specifically, mainly the point that a "what-if" is utterly useless for looking at what is past. That's more of a why question and that is the question i'm letting you figure out all by your lonesome.

I gave you my view of your likely future the tl;dr of which is: short gains long-term losses. The what-if was the alternate track for your future in which you noble the isolated EGO villages in your remaining core and then the trouble lies in your ability to crack the same old frontline you've had limited luck against in the past, or to get other tribes to help you out. The latter seems the most likely to me should this chain of events arise, however unlikely.

DeletedUser44759

1st/2nd edit, what value in folks who won't do what leadership asks, they were asked to concentrate on south and leave north to those you "recruited", who seem to have very little war gains from ego.......?(I'd be delighted if you could show just how many vills they took from ego..I'm to lazy to trawl around and work it out..indeed I seem to think that you had zero attacks from suits in the period refered to, that from your own mouth)

final edit: he was co-duke, what kind of duke after making few gains from the enemy deserts to them taking half the tribe to safety after said half have fed on inactives and internals for months and used up support from those left behind.....?(without even informing the guy who previously was co-duke either)(that's wolf who's now in zips, as you know)

Please attempt to refrain from using spurious arguments and I'll attempt to stay in the twilight zone to keep you happy, lol, especially the bit where only 3 ego players attempt to help support members left out on a limb, yourself not being one of them...

DeletedUser44759

and then the trouble lies in your ability to crack the same old frontline you've had limited luck against in the past,

hold on...a minute ago none of us were even trying to attack it...hold on.....I actually agreed with that....the guys were told to concentrate on the south.....and of course that frontline isn't the same, it now has new players too...sorry ...twighlight zone seems to be making me live on a different planet where we 're playing 2 different versions of w66 and it's realpolitik!!!!

must take some more meds, these ones not only don' cure insomnia they make me delusional, hahahahahahahahaaaa.........

DeletedUser

Toll, you started two days before nathan, and are less than half his size. I think it's pretty clear who the better player is.

This is the W66 forum. What happened on past worlds is both irrelevant and off-topic.

Dark,
so i had to relocate a couple of times? OK....whats your point. The game is in its infancy....are you that much of a noob to not understand that?

sheesh....

DeletedUser

not to mention i have 13.5x this noob's OD :lol:

I like it when people who claim to be good on past worlds have their false sense of superiority utterly ruined. Clearly you played too many past worlds in which the barbs grew to 10k as I see you have a bit of an addiction on your hands, seeing as 40 of your 84 villages were barb prior to your "liberating them". Oh, and to save you some time you have 4x my barb nobles not counting the deleted players i've taken.

You've tried 22 worlds, I would be surprised if you didn't luck out on what? two of them? Now that's a success rate. rofl.

First off....i didnt try 22 worlds

I tried 2, 3, 11, 46, 51, 66

the others just logged on for the sake of it. if you can see, didnt even last days on it

So to your standards, i succeeded on 2, failed on 3, succeeded on 11 & 46, failed on 51

66 is tbd

oh, and the 40 of 84......it doesnt matter if it was 84 out of 84

we are talking 84 villages lololol

ive built up an empire of 6000. ive taken 84 in a day. it is called strategy, and at this stage of the game, one needs to have it in order to survive, but see, being that you have never come close to winning, and the best you have done is 20 mil (surpassed that on 3 different worlds) i can understand why you are of the opinion that you have already won haha

so look, your too dense to understand, i get that.....so please continue on being the superior being, youve won this argument....but i think tweenie hit it on the head. ego will drop off like they have because although they have fought, if they were so good they would have ran rickshaw through the whole dang side of the world. I mean, if poor, hopeless, barb eating KOC can take down Dodo with ease, imagine what might ego could have done

lol

just continue to play the hugging game njc.....ill continue to sit back and be the noob

hehe

darkaniken2

Dark,
so i had to relocate a couple of times? OK....whats your point. The game is in its infancy....are you that much of a noob to not understand that? really.....your a mod?

sheesh....

The bold is how we know you've lost the argument. When you've run out of points to make so that you have to attack something completely unrelated to the game, you've lost.

If you had to relocate, you obviously weren't good enough to make it where you started out.

As njc pointed out, you have more barb takes and less overall villages. I checked and you have about an equal amount of internals. njc's takes are mostly war caps, or players related to wars("wars" core is too lazy to declare). Yours are between half and mostly internals and barbs(around 50 out of a total of ~80). Your OD pales in comparison. Nearly 10x the ODA, and close to 20x the ODD. And, as he also pointed out, he was never stacked. He received a little support in a handful of villages, meaning most of the ODD was his own.

You've been here for almost 6 years and still can't even keep up with a self-proclaimed noob. I would think it's pretty clear who the noob is here, and it's not nathan.

As a bonus, I'll give you that I am a noob, though, for the record, I have won two worlds as well, and voluntarily left one other I could have stuck around and won on because I lost interest in the game. Fortunately, I don't really do much on the account I play, leaving that to a player far better than myself. But at least I can admit it, while you try to hide behind excuse after excuse.

DeletedUser44759

I really, really, hate to say this, but njc can actually play, not much doubt about it, or that he has so far been the ace in ego's pocket, as for staying power that remains to be seen.

It would however be nice to see people refrain from being personally insulting, insult the tribe, insult the methods, but surely any of you who are beginning to attack folks on a personal level are aware that not only is it bad mannered but a breach of the rules?

Manners maketh the man

DeletedUser

1st/2nd edit(I'd be delighted if you could show just how many vills they took from ego..I'm to lazy to trawl around and work it out..indeed I seem to think that you had zero attacks from suits in the period refered to, that from your own mouth)

[spoil]Side 1: Players: daoziran, Mande1992, The warsword, Buneknek, pizzahappy, venom11125, TsaniMan, bigboss1375, Sir Arko, Sgt@Arms, heresxwolfman, xapiex, Carpet Nobling, JamyJamy, Finally sober
Side 2:
Tribes: EGO

Timeframe: Last 3 months

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 65
Side 2: 42
Difference: 23

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 623,226
Side 2: 384,701
Difference: 238,525

chart

[/spoil]

Certainly more success that the original suitup ever had..

final edit: he was co-duke, what kind of duke after making few gains from the enemy deserts to them taking half the tribe to safety after said half have fed on inactives and internals for months and used up support from those left behind.....?(without even informing the guy who previously was co-duke either)(that's wolf who's now in zips, as you know)

Oh i know, I disagree with ZIPS decision on that one as well.

Please attempt to refrain from using spurious arguments and I'll attempt to stay in the twilight zone to keep you happy, lol, especially the bit where only 3 ego players attempt to help support members left out on a limb, yourself not being one of them...

Aww, that just means you haven't cleared the villages I supported yet <3

and then the trouble lies in your ability to crack the same old frontline you've had limited luck against in the past,

hold on...a minute ago none of us were even trying to attack it...hold on.....I actually agreed with that....the guys were told to concentrate on the south.....and of course that frontline isn't the same, it now has new players too...sorry ...twighlight zone seems to be making me live on a different planet where we 're playing 2 different versions of w66 and it's realpolitik!!!!

The frontline is still relatively close on the K43/K53 line new players notwithstanding. It's essentially the same line.

I really, really, hate to say this, but njc can actually play, not much doubt about it, or that he has so far been the ace in ego's pocket, as for staying power that remains to be seen.

Tanks, hun. :icon_redface:

ive built up an empire of 6000. ive taken 84 in a day. it is called strategy, and at this stage of the game, one needs to have it in order to survive, but see, being that you have never come close to winning, and the best you have done is 20 mil (surpassed that on 3 different worlds) i can understand why you are of the opinion that you have already won haha

An empire based upon barbs and internalling is no empire at all. Maybe you've grown soft in your old experienced age and forgotten how to clear and noble enemy villages.. No need to be afraid of the red dots, my sweet. Last I checked you haven't even nobled anything from DoDo.. maybe you like staying in the corner with nothing to do.

As far knowing i've already won, I never said EGO would win the world. I only know that you won't see the end of the world from any account of a relevant size. You grow slowly, you can noble all the barbs you want but in the end that won't do anything for you. Your growth rate simply stays low while the players ahead of you continues to grow and you drift further and further behind. I know you'll make the point that most of the players won't stay and you seem to have a predilection for likening everything to "RL problems" but the players that remain will always have more villages and more troops than you. Surely you know it doesn't take skill to defend against a small player, just stack and forget about it. That is the problem you'll face and one I sincerely doubt you will overcome.

so look, your too dense to understand, i get that.....so please continue on being the superior being, youve won this argument....but i think tweenie hit it on the head. ego will drop off like they have because although they have fought, if they were so good they would have ran rickshaw through the whole dang side of the world. I mean, if poor, hopeless, barb eating KOC can take down Dodo with ease, imagine what might ego could have done

that was our war on our third front, it was an untenable position though we had made gains against them. Maybe, when you grow up you'll realize the wisdom of not overreaching and recognizing when you've been spread too thin. Anything in your volumes and volumes of experience say anything about that, cutie?

just continue to play the hugging game njc.....ill continue to sit back and be the noob

by all things i've said before it is clearly you who are more keen to hug than myself, but if it helps you sleep better after a long day of deciding if that new cluster of barbs will put up too much of a fight for you then by all means think what you want to.

DeletedUser

ill continue to sit back and be the noob

hehe

Could you do so in silence? .... hehe :icon_wink:

Chest beating on the externals has never won any worlds. But hey, there's always a first time, right? Maybe all the njc haters will start a club and donate aaaall their villages to you. Brilliant strategy. You must be an engineer or something...

Anyways, back on topic, I actually just wanted to give kudos to nowitsover for his post. A pleasure to read an assessment based on facts and spiced up with personal opinions that are not meant to offend but to spark (hopefully intelligent) debates.

Question for him: who do you see as the last 3 surviving tribes? And who would you cheer for?

Thanks!

DeletedUser44759

Just a wee addition, that dodo move mentioned brfore...how ironic that it was underway as the thought was written, lol

I'll try and make a complete top20 post in next whiley too, half the watchers have probably been lost by the plethora of changes in the south over last the last week or so

DeletedUser68730

Would be good to see a update one. Will undoubtedly be followed by a bunch of laughable opinions and unbelievably skewed 'facts' but hey ho.
I would make one but quite frankly i find the specifics or world politics boring, therefore a mediocre post would follow.
Excited to see what people think behind the whole pnp 'rawr im awesome'.

nowitsover

Anyways, back on topic, I actually just wanted to give kudos to nowitsover for his post. A pleasure to read an assessment based on facts and spiced up with personal opinions that are not meant to offend but to spark (hopefully intelligent) debates.

Thanks a lot! I had the impression that very few even cared so my enthisuasm was gone before. There are a couple of assumptions I have written with purpose to cause reaction. It is not possible for me who is not involved in these tribes to know correctly what is happening behind the scenes. I may (and probably will be) wrong several times but hopefully ppl will put their own perspective and input instead of taking things personal and bashing anyone writing something may being wrong or not in their favour. Personally I am not active enough to commit and participate fully at this level of the game and you guys are the ones doing the hard work which would be fair and fun to document as it is quite a bit of effort and teamwork over a long period.

who do you see as the last 3 surviving tribes? And who would you cheer for?

At this point, anything can happen really and no tribe or allience is gonna be able to pull things on their own strength alone but will depend on surroundings choices as well - so naming three tribes is not possible or fair..

Zips F., EGO (F.?), |TheR| F. Auphan F. are the ones out there with potential and I am not saying that cause of their size, but it is based on their accomplishments until now both when it comes to warfare and politics (but it is too early to count out Smoke - or GH who contains a group who would be able to cause problem for anyone). But this world is highly interesting and there is no guarantee that any of the top four wouldn`t crack either by any internal issue or by outside pressure. With 30 member limit in tribes, recruiting larger players and larger areas to cover and on top of it not being sure of eventual cooperation and liability issues, there will be risks of switching sides, jumping ship, passing info and backstabbing.

The potential of attracting and handling players to join their ranks is a major factor as well as being resourcefull and having acces to information. Handling sits under OP, having connections in order to replace account owners when needed and most importantly, it comes to showing the ability to fend when getting hit and being able to push when the occations occurs (Just saying what you already know but..).

So I`ll chicken out regarding which three tribes but can mention that I strongly cheer for Auphan to win this world (no offense anyone).

Thanks!

Last edited:

DeletedUser44759

Just a few quick thoughts on how I see top 20, nowitsover already filled in most of the detail so it's short and sweet:icon_biggrin:

1 |TheR|
solid tribe, strong connections, high score, but will they prove able to break out of corner? Will probably be around til the end

2 ZIPS
recently had an influx of new blood which might lead to a period of instability and a general dilution of performance. So far have proven to be skilled and able to work as a team, mounting good ops. Currently allied to ego but have issues at times, again will probably be there at the end if don't suffer from internal issues.

3 Auphan
largely an unknown to me, seem strong with plenty of sitters "earning a living", interesting website.
may in the long run be the deciding factor in who wins the world, but seem unlikely to be around still when it happens.

4 EGO
not the best attacking tribe in w66 but certainly defend well
recently also had a bunch of new recruits with possibly same effects as zips, one apparently being attacking a certain member of zips
If they can hold what are likely to be strong internal issues together may be there at the death, currently in a war with smoke which is likely to fizzle along at a low level for some time

5 SMOKE
my own tribe
active group of players who came together as a result of internal issues in Suit Up family
skilled enough to survive to the end if activity is kept up
recently brought exDodo actives into the fold, again those darn assimilation issues may apply

6 GH
still there
still GH
still doing there own thing
no idea what to make of them tbh, never really tested, never really pushed another tribe, but solid core
may be in at end, if world lethargy sets in

7 WEEEE!

after a good start growth was stunted by having to stop attacking -A- at allies request
the big question is can they find a way to break out and grow again, plenty of ability there, solid core and very loyal, an open question...

8+
don't know much about some e.g. KOC, most are family tribes (academies if you will) or tribes about to collapse such as -zero-, LM may yet prove an irritant to some larger tribes because they don't when they're beaten, lol

The future:
much the same as the past I think, the north seems to be adept at fighting but rely on recruitment to drive activity, the south east to remain solid but not truly war driven, the south west to be a giant bush war, though this may settle down now it has a more area centered tribe dominating it

who will win? tbh I think it's wide open, w66 has been a "dirty" world so far, e.g. recently 1/3 of smoke was banned but bans were repealed after protest, however the small tribe limits and vast "internalling" activity has led to much underhand tactics, not to mention unintentional breaches of the rules, this has led to many good players leaving and this trend may decide things all on its own, I hope not.

In the final analysis activity will decide all, possibly by the end even personal friendships, it's going to be an interesting ride, maybe even a long one when things finally bed down and the real fighters start digging in for the duration, tho I suspect an as yet unfounded tribe will claim the laurels

:icon_eek:

DeletedUser

In the final analysis activity will decide all, possibly by the end even personal friendships, it's going to be an interesting ride, maybe even a long one when things finally bed down and the real fighters start digging in for the duration, tho I suspect an as yet unfounded tribe will claim the laurels

Agreed, I think the end result will be a mix of players dominated by ZIPS/Auphan with a smattering of players from EGO and possibly a couple from SMOKE/TheR depending on how things progress.

DeletedUser68730

1 |TheR|
solid tribe, strong connections, high score, but will they prove able to break out of corner? Will probably be around til the end

Pretty much. Seem like a quite smart tribe. Not afraid to use diplomacy to there advantage. Will be around for a while to come but i see them and auphan having a war soon. Not that im exactly in the loop in events in that corner of the world. A large number of inactives to be eaten in the academy but give it a month and they will be back on game.

2 ZIPS
recently had an influx of new blood which might lead to a period of instability and a general dilution of performance. So far have proven to be skilled and able to work as a team, mounting good ops. Currently allied to ego but have issues at times, again will probably be there at the end if don't suffer from internal issues.

I see a few people quitting in the long term. Will probably end up merging with ego at some point. Some good players and have proven to be a strong tribe. I see some of these and the EGO guys around to the end. As for the influx of players, seemed to cause tension with EGO. A lot of people joined Pend, got nobled by ego then kicked and eaten by both tribes. Tension? Or just sharing the inactives they took on?

3 Auphan
largely an unknown to me, seem strong with plenty of sitters "earning a living", interesting website.
may in the long run be the deciding factor in who wins the world, but seem unlikely to be around still when it happens.

A very good warring tribe. Obliterated everyone in there way and can see them going far. If they were to war the R fam i would put my money on them having the upper hand, but only slightly. Will be in the mix for a while to come yet.

4 EGO
not the best attacking tribe in w66 but certainly defend well
recently also had a bunch of new recruits with possibly same effects as zips, one apparently being attacking a certain member of zips
If they can hold what are likely to be strong internal issues together may be there at the death, currently in a war with smoke which is likely to fizzle along at a low level for some time

No doubt a strong and proven tribe. They arnt the best attacking tribe as you said, which has caused some very boring wars to be fought. But as you said, amazing defenders. Assuming the current tensions on the ZIPS alliance fizzle down i see there partnership working well until they join to one tribe eventually. Many arnt end game players but will be around for quite some time regardless. Will have a say in how this world develops.

5 SMOKE
my own tribe
active group of players who came together as a result of internal issues in Suit Up family
skilled enough to survive to the end if activity is kept up
recently brought ex Dodo actives into the fold, again those darn assimilation issues may apply

Time to see what you can now do as a group. Recruiting actively to try and strengthen yourselves to fight your wars. I don't see the tribe lasting more than a few months, but some of the players will be recruited to surrounding tribes (Ego and Zips most likely)

6 GH
still there
still GH
still doing there own thing
no idea what to make of them tbh, never really tested, never really pushed another tribe, but solid core
may be in at end, if world lethargy sets in

Not a warring tribe. But have made it this far and are obviously skilled in diplomacy. Eventually another tribe will come knocking and i see a medium length war in which they end up merging with another tribe.

7 WEEEE!

after a good start growth was stunted by having to stop attacking -A- at allies request
the big question is can they find a way to break out and grow again, plenty of ability there, solid core and very loyal, an open question...

Not much room to grow. Apparently not a great rep but don't know a lot about these guys. If there is ability there i think it will eventually make its way into a more eastern tribe.

Also i think KOC fam (my tribe) is one of the top tribes. We were a factor in DoDo collapsing and have proved ourselves to at least be able to pull off attacking ops and defend well. By no means up there with the big boys but we have room to grow for now and will eventually have a front with SMOKE as well as EGO. Testing times for KOC to come. (P.s they are my tribe so might be bias :p)

Now troll away.

darkaniken2

|TheR| F. - Not really sure what they're up to. They seem to have ended most of their last few wars with recruitment rather than fighting it out, and they don't even really have much to show for the players they picked up. However, their base seems to be fairly active, so who knows, maybe they could just be expanding the easy way until someone forces them to fight, at which point they'll show what they're made of.

ZIPS F. - Good, solid tribe. Recruitment of wolfman was kinda surprising, considering the animosity between him and just about everyone else on the world. Still, will last awhile. Seems to be pushing into WEEEE while cleaning up ex-Suitup villages.

Auphan F. - Probably the most solid tribe on the world at the moment. Destroyed AoC, and then repeated the feat on Wave!. Seems to be going after WEEEE! now, which probably won't last long. Will war with ZIPS or TheR next, either would be interesting.

EGO - My tribe. Decent players, and I think we do alright, considering our duke is a horrible noob.

SMOKE - SuitUp remnants, along with some DoDO recruits. Cleaning up tribeless suitup and what's left of DoDO, while skirmishing with EGO. Seems to be afraid of ZIPS, even though ZIPS took in most of what SMOKE has to consider traitors, including their ex-Duke.

GH - Hid behind suitup and TheR, surviving on diplomacy. SuitUp fell, and TheR may no longer be really committed to the alliance the three tribes once had, so they had better step up their game and either help SMOKE or start growing rapidly, or whoever wins the EGO/SMOKE conflict will almost certainly eat them.

WEEEE! - Not much to say. ZIPS and Auphan both starting in on them, and they're completely surrounded. Unless TheR steps in to help them, they won't last another month.

KOC F. - Actually surprised me on how well they did against DoDO. Will be interesting to see how the three way fight over old DoDO territory goes for them, being the little guy in the room. Obviously no love between them and EGO, and I imagine they're not too happy with SMOKE recruiting what little of DoDO worth taking en mass. They're small, but given their borders, they may be able to tip the scales of any large scale conflict between SMOKE and EGO, if they play their cards right. Or they could have just survived through dumb luck and will be torn apart as soon as they try. Only time will tell.

DeletedUser105025

1 |TheR|

Been switching rank 1/2 place for a while now. Mainly because of new players joining through quickly ended wars and then internalling dead weight and repeating the process. Most recent war against jotad was over quickly just like the rest of their wars, which you guessed it, ended in recruitment. As far as im aware, they are yet to be truly tested. I hope wherever they turn next they show what they're really made of. Lots of potential.

2 ZIPS

Good bunch of players, under a good leadership. Recently took in a bunch of suitup players for reasons unknown to myself, if i was winning a war against them id have continued to feast. However, the taking in of the new players has strengthened their ranks and they are now cleaning up the remnants of suitup from smoke. Seem to have a few minor issues with EGO but nothing they cant work out i guess.

3 Auphan

My tribe, and i have to say possibly the best bunch of players ive ever had the pleasure of being in a tribe with. Incredibly team focused and very talented. Not much more to announce here.

4 EGO

Done a fantastic job defending against suitup, and if i might add were probably the deciding factor in their now obvious demise. ZIPS had something to do with that aswell, but the demoralization of suitups members through gaining little to nothing is thanks to ego. They now have a race on their hands eating smoke members between themselves and zips. I can see a few issues arising between the two.

5 SMOKE

Suitup reminants, going to be eaten by ego and zips or eventually get recruited if they prove themselves worthy. Then again, why recruit more food. Probably just going to be eaten.

6 GH

Seems like a peaceful tribe to me, playing their cards rather poorly. Now find themselves now stuck in between 3 powerhouse tribes. I suppose the better players will get recruited while the others become food. They either need to start that now or get in from behind on of the 3 while they can.

7 WEEEE!

Massive bunch of barb nobling semi active fools. In my eyes. Currently stuck in the core with no hope of expansion, only the rim awaits these players.

8 KOC

Currently doing well in their war, not much to say about that really. A big tribe beating on a small tribe. Big deal. Still, gratz.