My world 9 history

DeletedUser

Ok so this is just a "little" bit of history of world 9 from my perspective. This is like a diary that I kept writing for 6 years. Hope you enjoy! ;)

I joined world 9 on 2nd November 2007. My first two tribes were killin and Dharma, tribes that me and my RL friends made.
My friends quickly quit because of RL issues and I got stuck loving this game.

First real tribe I joined was UTSW4, and it had quite a few members.
The leader was missled and was a good and confident player which started to build the foundations of a great tribe.
We were small but had many players eager to fight and become very strong.
Back then we were a part of UTSW family.

25/12/2007
mapofk84inworld9bygodfaub3.png

Starting out small we started to recruit and players began to grow...

until we owned most of K84.

25/03/2008
mapofk84inworld9bygodfamy7.png

Which made the k84 allience plotting to take down DNS.

United we stand. divided we fall which consisted of UTSW4, NYTE,AOSL.

During this time missled our current leader had to leave due to Rl reasons and same did dragonatorul.
The next leader was me, Godfadr, in the early stages with baracuda69 as the baron
and the choice was made to merge with the -U- family.
Was this the right decision at the time? Only time will tell...

w9tribescopyqu2.jpg

This map already shows how much ground we were making, many great players left us but we stayed strong and grew.

2vj6gcg.png

The first map that showed our tribe as an indivudal force we were becoming stronger each day.

But yet did we know that the leaders at the time were talking to the leaders of |K|P| about a possible merge
which would put the family ranked 15 over all.

untitled.jpg

this was quite new for all of us and there was only 1 requirement to get into this new tribe - 250k points.

turbo.png

Grrr, look how big DNS was in our Ks back then.

Any whoo months later we started to grow own and many more fantasmigorical players left which was hard for some
and not so much for other. the newest player to leave was/is Suchett.

That left us at war with DNS which was duscussed months and months ago with the k84 allience but it never really happened
but now all that time was for this. TW admins told us that -F-U- was inappropriate name so we changed it to F-U-N.

nickv.jpg

we were going up and crushing DNS in K74 and K75:

2056ykn.gif

DNS was of course better at certain parts at certain times proving why they were number 1 tribe in the world.

this is the map from then:

2882ibl.gif

as you all know, F-U-N merged with A:M making F:M, the fifth tribe in world 9.
so, we had ex A:M, ex TOTBL and ex Saga members in here. we were pushing DNS up north and giving them hell:

11bi82x.gif

At the end of February 2009, DNS was losing more than ever. We were still 5th, but getting bigger and bigger.

You can see our progress on this map:

iy08ir.gif

In the middle of April 2009, things got complicated in w9, and it seemed that it's gonna be 4 families deciding its fate:
DNS, RAW, D-N and SETO. DNS was holding on and fighting bravely, showing their power and gaining our real respect.

Map:
2yuhmq8.gif

In the beginning of June 2009, F:M was 4th, but larger than ever:

rankings08062009.png

SETO got even bigger and world 9 looked like a battle of 4 giants:

2u906r5.jpg

In the beginning of July 2009, SWAT fell apart. Some moved to RAW, some to DNS, and we managed to snatch a few.
SETO was again: F:M, INVITE and [IB]. Rankings:

rankings08072009.png

map:

2vkjg5j.jpg

Then in middle of July 2009, F:M fell apart, some players including me realizing DNS is the future of w9 and others forming FC,
still staying friends with those that chose to join DNS. World 9 looked like this:

July28whole.jpg

At this time, we in DNS members became real friends. We spent those days chatting for hours on skype
and spamming endlessly the ingame forum. Map from then:

20u7ebn.jpg

We reached 100 000 villages on 20th December 2009:

54zf.jpg

Our enemies back then (January 2010), SETO, =D-N= and RAW tried to take us down together, but DNS stood strong.
Map pretty much unchanged:

24zwx6r.jpg

=D-N= and RAW decided to join together and form »T.W« in May 2010:

2u6ehyc.jpg

August 2010, FC in a war with PMS and we in DNS still fighting everyone else:

1z6ure9.jpg

DNS, stronger than ever, grew fast to one billion points (second tribe ever in tribal wars to reach that number).
This was on 6th November 2010:

28jxq9v.png

January 2011, PMS was gone, SETO and DNS made peace with each other, SETO then declared on FC and the map looked like this:

166zkn9.jpg

February 2011, »T.W« fell apart forming =D-N=, :), =2012=, -C-, -PvE- leaving »T.W« tribe full of inactives. Rankings:

kara6q.png

This proved once again why being united is important and why DNS was at the top.
During this time, DNS finally reached the individual rankings top with gandalfalix getting the well deserved #1 spot:

2l6w.png

At the and of April 2011, DNS owned 50% of the world…

2uoq99j.jpg

…and reached 2 billion points

2cidw6x.png

At the end of June 2011, DNS was growing more and more, other tribes looked like they were giving up:

1z5nh9x.png

This is what rankings looked like in August 2011:

7lvx.png

In October 2011 DNS reached 75% of all player owned villages. Dominance map looked like this:

2pq72o7.png

Tribe rankings October 2011:

2nhqb95.png

By March 2012, World 9 was overrun by DNS colors:

33vn5kz.png

Tribe rankings March 2012:

e20k.png

In June 2012, DNS had 55 continents with 100% dominance:

2u62tzs.png

Tribe rankings from June 2012:

ic7d3s.png

In September 2012, there were less than 100 players left. Players took a vote and decided to go for 100% dominance goal. Here is a map from that time:

11u9i5g.png

Tribe rankings September 2012:

n20mxz.png

It took us awhile to get the remaining players, especially tlbdt03 from SETO, who was the last player standing...

This is what a final map looked like/looks like:

srta.png

The tribe rankings:

zj6l.png

The player rankings:

m12w.png

For the end here’s some stuff I kept from the old days:

A comic I made about TW:
geniemu5.jpg

Me wearing my custom made t-shirt:

twtookmylife.jpg

So well... that's it for now...
I'd like to end this with one big I LOVE YOU GUYS AND GIRLS AND LETS KEEP PLAYING ON OTHER WORLDS AND HAVING FUN LIKE ONLY DNS KNOWS!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This world was my last, and most loved world :)
Had alot of great times here, and glad to see that it went in this direction.
Gratz on everyone in DNS for winning this world over, and was nice playing with all of you in and out of DNS.
Enemies or allies, good times ;)
Though I feel sad that there won't be much reason to check this forum anymore...I already know that nostalgia is going to be a pressing issue.

DeletedUser

true... nostalgia is going to bring us back here for sure.

DeletedUser

Im back here.
Still makes me sad remembering this, now, new worlds can never be matched to the greatness of this one.

OTDDeathAwaits

Great compilation Godfadr :) Fantastic world that we all kept interesting for years.

PetarPavao

HIBOIS!

I wonder where would I be with my life if I kept playing all this time... I remember the first moments of TW on W9, it was such a great game for its time!

Any of you bastards gonna play TW2? Main reason why I'm here now :icon_biggrin:

makobex

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I noticed w9 ended at last so i came to pay my respects on the game that gave me the most thrill (excitement, rage and dissapointment - some at the same time) for over 3 years
After all this time i still miss this game a lot, but what i really miss is w9 so no way im playing again

I wish everyone that played w9 and more deeply anyone who knew me (either as tribe mate or enemy) happy lives and happy gaming on other worlds
This should be my last comment so farewell w9 community

P.S I exclude kontoulis from the list mentioned above, this guy must suffer so i can mock him on daily basis

DeletedUser

Very good! I enjoyed reading this! I was in =D-N= myself, my father was in SETO, both of us remember w9 Very well :) Best world by far

DeletedUser

I noticed w9 ended at last so i came to pay my respects on the game that gave me the most thrill (excitement, rage and dissapointment - some at the same time) for over 3 years
After all this time i still miss this game a lot, but what i really miss is w9 so no way im playing again

I wish everyone that played w9 and more deeply anyone who knew me (either as tribe mate or enemy) happy lives and happy gaming on other worlds
This should be my last comment so farewell w9 community

P.S I exclude kontoulis from the list mentioned above, this guy must suffer so i can mock him on daily basis

Thought i wouldn't see that Vaggelakis??? Breaking my balls on skype on daily basis isn't enough for you???

btw good luck to all W9ers! this shit took away a good amount of my college years as well.

DeletedUser

just read over this again, god damn I miss this world :\

DeletedUser

Wow, I had a lot of free time back then :) Hope everyone is still doing ok!