Most impressive player(s) so far?

DeletedUser105025

Let me spell it out for you in simpler terms so that perhaps you can understand:

1. A players nobling history / stats (ODA/ODD) does not necessarily tell how skilled a player is

2. How much time a player is able to spend on their own account directly impacts what they are able to do. For example, if a player only spends an hour a day on their account then their stats and what they are able to do will be greatly impacted. Activity is nice but it doesn't make someone "skilled."

3. Fighting a player over an extended period of time is the only true test of their skill.

Again, half of what you say is junk. Stop posting it.

Serious George

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Again, half of what you say is junk. Stop posting it.

You don't even bother to argue the points I make. At least njc made an attempt to do that.

Stats don't tell me if a player is good at timing his/her attacks. Stats don't tell me if someone is good at sniping. Stats don't tell me how good someone is at planning out support and attacks. Stats don't tell me how good a player is at adapting to the enemy changing tactics.

And yes njc, stats are objective. They tell me what villages a player conquers or loses and how many troops that player kills attacking and defending but they don't often tell the story that goes with them. Therefore, stats only give a partial view of the whole picture.

DeletedUser

Stats don't tell me if a player is good at timing his/her attacks. Stats don't tell me if someone is good at sniping. Stats don't tell me how good someone is at planning out support and attacks. Stats don't tell me how good a player is at adapting to the enemy changing tactics.
ex. 1:
http://www.twstats.com/en66/index.php?page=player&mode=conquers&type=gain&id=9642496
ex. 2:
http://www.twstats.com/en66/index.php?page=player&mode=conquers&type=gain&id=9844843

who do you think is better at timing attacks?

DeletedUser105025

You don't even bother to argue the points I make. At least njc made an attempt to do that.

And yes njc, stats are objective. They tell me what villages a player conquers or loses and how many troops that player kills attacking and defending but they don't often tell the story that goes with them. Therefore, stats only give a partial view of the whole picture.

Who says im arguing ? I find your posts in bad taste, mainly because they are full of crap.

You sure love talking about stats, maybe you should get engaged to them.

NOT kanthas.

DeletedUser105025

Why even bring up 'arguing', if neither of us are doing it ?

You strange boy, lol

Anyway 'jorge', shall we get back on topic ?

Stats: An outside observation of a players skill.

Now give your fingers a rest, 'jorge'.

Back to the actual topic:

I think war-peace is an amazing player because of their ability to do next to nothing.

DeletedUser

doesn't mean he isn't better at it than i am

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Let me spell it out for you in simpler terms so that perhaps you can understand:

1. A players nobling history / stats (ODA/ODD) does not necessarily tell how skilled a player is

2. How much time a player is able to spend on their own account directly impacts what they are able to do. For example, if a player only spends an hour a day on their account then their stats and what they are able to do will be greatly impacted. Activity is nice but it doesn't make someone "skilled."

3. Fighting a player over an extended period of time is the only true test of their skill.

Fighting a player over an extended period of time is not a true test of skill.

Challenging a player whom has had a realm for several years, whom has invested much time into that realm during that time and to get him to quit within a few weeks or months? That is art.

I've done that. Not all the time, mind you. But it can be done. And its a magnificent beauty when it happens.

DeletedUser108663

Jorge, are you saying spending all day farming and internalling while you watch your tribe getting destroyed is a skill?

Serious George

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Jorge, are you saying spending all day farming and internalling while you watch your tribe getting destroyed is a skill?

I never said that and I was trying to have a general discussion about how skill is more than just looking at stats and not one about me. All of you are welcome to critique my skill or lack thereof. However, decisions about strategy of gameplay is more of a choice than it is specifically about skill. If I was farming all day, then I would be putting up Tashali and heresxwolfman numbers in looting. Secondly, as to my actual skill anyone is welcome test it at any point in time. I have never come on here and tried to say I was skilled or impressive.

As to my tribe, it has certainly seen its share of players quit or leave the tribe. Other tribes have inactives as well, but they are never as noticeable if you are in a tribe that is on top and winning. The fact that we have remained in TheR and tried to motivate players to try to do something is more admirable and honourable in my opinion than those that have bailed and quit. We are loyal to those that are still fighting and trying their best. Those who were so quick to want to war at the beginning when things happened that started the wars with ZIPS and Auphan have tucked tail and ran from the fighting or left this world.

Last edited:

geomikajak

not getting into it..either way
your a tw machine Jorge..simples.95% respect..i have seen you in action>>
:icon_twisted:

DeletedUser105025

No doubt jorge has some skill, but they are basic skills. Sniping, timing attacks etc... Pity they aren't put to good use.

DeletedUser113394

There are few players you have in your tribe that make me wonder...
Lord Black Beard, This player when he was in jotad, he couldnt even send a train properly when TheR was attacking JOTAD, Now he has the ability to SEND Timed attacks and do all the things that Auphan Top players can do.Clearly shows Auphan arent playing the game properly. Of course there are many more like lord black beard in Auphan but i dont want to keep yapping about it...

DeletedUser105025

There are few players you have in your tribe that make me wonder...
Lord Black Beard, This player when he was in jotad, he couldnt even send a train properly when TheR was attacking JOTAD, Now he has the ability to SEND Timed attacks and do all the things that Auphan Top players can do.Clearly shows Auphan arent playing the game properly. Of course there are many more like lord black beard in Auphan but i dont want to keep yapping about it...

Players quit, people are found to take over...

Some people eh.

DeletedUser107839

I would really appreciate if you explain us how comes that people are found for very small accounts while accounts which were worth taking over failed to find a new owner.......

DeletedUser105025

Is that a question ? If so, more information would be nice, i cant answer it not knowing what you're on about.