The old time blogger meets...

DeletedUser

ldw1.jpg

So, I was walking through the woods of W66, trying to get some fresh air after yet another unpleasant incursion in the parasite infested swamp that we like to call "the external forum".

To get an idea of where my feet take me, picture W66 as the Middle Earth. Now draw an imaginary X where Mordor is.

For all you lacking imagination...

[spoil]
5qch.jpg
[/spoil]

There I was, walking through the dense forest, when I reached a clearing. And in the clearing... the biggest pile of lumber one has ever seen. :wood: (It was bigger than that, I swear!)

I stand there scratching my head. Then decide to do what any normal tribal warrior would do...bring in some :lightcavalry: and take that shit back to base. Just as I'm about to issue the order, 4 dudes walk out of the woods carrying this big-ass log on their shoulders. They drop it on top of the pile, grinning.

[spoil]
p68f.jpg
[/spoil]

They turn to walk away when it dawns on me... they are none other than Tashali, the account we all admire for its ability to merge, internal and ...well...grow, despite never actually engaging anyone. Knowing I'd never get a chance like this again, I run after them and ask for an interview...

[spoil]
Meet Thomas and Adam, 2 of the loggers

Karou: Hi there. How's it going? You've done a nice job of clearing the south-west forests of all the deadwood. Is it the first time you've reached this level of perfection, or have you sharpened your axes on other woods before?

Adam: Hello, neighbour. Yeah, I'm kinda new in the business, I've been an apprentice logger for a while, but reached this level of skill only with Tash. Thomas and Mux have been logging together since they were still in diapers.
5bj7.jpg

Not long ago, they brought down the woods of W54.

Karou: So, you have a good record on other worlds, you're doing really well here. if someone asked for a few tips on how to become as successful as you are, what would you tell them?

Thomas: It's a combination of a lot of factors I think; experience, activity, having a good tribe, and you also need some luck. Chopping down the right tree at the right time ain't easy, you know.

Adam: I would say the first few trees are crucial. Make sure you get a good foothold when the forest is still young. From there on, constant logging and activity is important to becoming successful.

Karou: Do you think personal relationships people carry over from previous worlds have an impact on this? A guy or gal that is absolutely unknown has the same chances as a veteran? We seem to have a lot of old ties on W66. Some have worked against tribes (take WEE! for example), but it certainly has helped some W66 citizens.

Adam
: On a world such as this one, where people are carrying over past relationships, I think it is important but not to the point where it would hinder the chances of a newer logger to succeed. It just has to do with how dedicated one is. If you are good, you will separate yourself from others and it will begin to show regardless of past relationships. This is how new relationships are formed.

Karou: Looking at your tribe changes on W66, one can't help but notice Tashali is a bit of a lonely wolf. It's a rather unusual strategy for TW. Is this your usual play style or was it a survival strategy on W66?

[spoil]Info time
Tashali

Tribe history:
First few tribes were insignificant, so we'll start tracking tribe changes since he joined xD in January 2013 at 6,959 points. Tashali spent 4 months there, then joined SuitUp (1,996,218 points). Ten days later, on the last day of May, he abandoned SuitUp and joined |TheR|, having passed the 2 million points bar. In early September, after nearly tripling in size, he chose to leave |TheR|, creating his own tribe of 2 people: Sin. Since then, he again doubled in size, reaching over 12 million points.

[/spoil]

Adam: It was more of a personal preference. Some like to chop trees, others like to hug trees.

We've only been in 2 major tribes here on w66, xD early game and TheR midgame. Our account has very strong personalities and with that comes some clash of ideas with others. I'm guessing you are referring to our most recent departure from TheR. Regarding that, we had some differences of opinions with the direction the tribe was taking at the time so we felt that it was best for us to leave. We know that we aren't viewed highly by many players for taking such an action, but then again, not everyone knows the background story of why we left. It wasn't for survival, it was more or less personal preference.

Karou: And you guys don't miss being in a tribe? The social side of TW?

Adam: We're still social with other players, just not in a tribe setting. I mean, it's fun to meet new players and have that whole camaraderie, but I don't think we've really lost anything by not being in a tribe.

Thomas: Agreed.

Karou: What about being at war? :axemen: Some people quit when things get too peaceful.

Adam: Well, this is Tribal Wars after all. War is inevitable. We've been branded and criticized for not warring enough on this world. Most will say that we have internaled our way to the top...well if it were that easy, why isn't everyone at the top? (btw, you interested in merging into us? haha jk).

[spoil]
zqh0.jpg
[/spoil]

But to answer the question, we do miss being at war, but we won't join a war blindly just to follow others. We'll weigh our options out and war on our own terms as we have played on our terms to this point. We may receive a lot of criticism from others, but we're here to enjoy the game as everyone else is, and we'll go down playing the game the way we find that best satisfies our playstyle and conscience.

Karou: If you were given free hand to build your own dream-team on W66, which 15 accounts would you choose and why? The catch: everyone else would be against you.

Adam and Thomas: Well, honestly speaking, we would take the top 16 minus logboss. Everyone's doing something right to be at their rankings at this point in time, why not just stick with it and roll. These players, and even those outside the top 16 up to some point, all have their strengths and weaknesses. To make it this far has to merit some skill.

Adam: Others might even take us off the list, but we're obviously strong at internaling :icon_razz:

Thomas: Yeah, we have our strengths lol

Karou: Ahaha, I like that. But damn... I wouldn't make it in your dream team. Maybe Logboss would take me under his tribeless wing :p

Adam: Not sure you'd want to go there.

Thomas (at the same time): You don't want to be under his wing, trust me!

Karou: So what is it about logboss that pushes your buttons (apart from the fact he's, well, a log)?
default.png

Adam: In short, it's personal. You may see him as a log in the woods, but any log can be dangerous if a logger is not careful. He knows and we know. If he so happens to read it, he won't need to see the details to know why we excluded him.

Karou: And here I was thinking the southern woods were nice and quiet...

One final question. Imagine a perfect evolution of W66. How would it look like?

Thomas: Us owning the entire world. Through internalling of course.

Adam: But you guys are kind of in the way (looks at Auphan). Just a little bit in the way :p I wish you were in zips' location!

Thomas: And that where you guys now are would all be barb. only for us. to internal.
images.png

Adam: But it's ok, we'll just merge our way through you guys, that's fine with us too. Let me know if anyone from auphan wants to merge with us. We accept all applications at this point. Matter of fact, open application to the top 60. We have no allegiances. We are Sin. And according to the rest of the world, internaling is a sin.

And it went on like this... while I started backing away until their voices faded into the sounds of the forest.

THE END
[/spoil]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

To clarify: this is not going to be a regular blog. I'll just post once in a while interviews with people that have distinguished themselves somehow. Or maybe other random stuff.

Feel free to comment and/or to contact me if you want to help.

I was just thinking it wouldn't hurt for W66 forum users to read something else apart from the undying KOC thread...

P.S. Thanks, Tashali!

Ack3rl3y

Very well done, a nice read. Hope you'll do more :icon_smile:

DeletedUser

...The Master of Whisperers
Varys_zps93bade01.png

Leaving Tashali's woods behind me, I take a walk along Auphan's souther border. Strange place to take a walk, you might think. The place must be littered with corpses, crows blackening the sky, charred earth and smoke rising like dark clouds on the horizon.

Well... not exactly. If you really must know, the atmosphere to the south of Auphan is closer to this:
[spoil]
ther_warrior.jpg
[/spoil]
But in the midst of the carnage, the crying and the smelly dipers lies an oasis of peace and tranquility...

***​

- Have you heard the saying "the pen is mightier than the sword"?, he says as he sips from his golden cup.

- Not in Auphan, I reply, we're rather fond of swords.

- Can i ask if you have any leadership position in Auphan?

And that's where I knew I was not dealing with your average tribal warrior. This man was not sitting there with a TW blogger simply to share his story. This man was moving pieces on the W66 chessboard.

[spoil]
Meet War-Peace

pawn.jpg

1. Politics and tribal philosophy

Karou: Previous worlds have left their mark on a lot of the W66 decisions.

War-Peace: True.

Karou: In your opinion, is it a smart thing for tribal leaders to form alliances based on past worlds? Would you say your personal evolution on W66 was influenced by previous worlds?

War-Peace: Definitely. The problem that most people have is that this is a game. That is a weakness in Auphan. Some people think that by waring continuously, even former tribe mates who they deemed not to be good enough, they would become a strong tribe. I respect people. That is the reason i have formed strong bonds with the people from W54. Hence why we try to help each other no matter what tribe we are in.

Karou: But this has led to WEE!'s downfall, hasn't it? Making allianced based of former relationships and locking themselves in with no hope of expanding.

War-Peace: There are certain players who enjoy playing against former tribe mates and attacking their friends. I can't attack a former tribe mate.

Fortunately for him, War-Peace has no qualms about attacking current tribe mates.

2. What makes a good player, what makes a good tribe

Karou: I know you finished second on W54. You're doing really well here. If someone asked for a few tips on how to become as successful as you are, what would you tell them?

War-Peace:I will give you one thought....it's not the most skilled players ( technically wise) that win the game. Most people underestimate the power of diplomacy. Imho it is more important than anything else in the game. My brand of diplomacy incorporates being friendly, showing respect and manners, being honourable and truthful.

W66, take note! Yeah, you forum posters, I'm looking at you!

Karou: Your tribe has been under heavy fire for months now. How did you manage to keep growing and continue to hold on to the top 3?

War-Peace: Good cos and and friends all over the world help to keep my account going. Some people in the tribe might not send D to others in the tribe but if i ask for it, most will send. I can ask for help from outside the tribe and i will get it.

[spoil]
So, essentially...
helpbutton-300x241.jpg

[/spoil]

War-Peace:Did you read a post by njc about the top players and how they nobled their villas? Tashali, Wolf and myself were mainly internals and 9k barbs.

I only read it two days ago and it got me thinking. The players that had a high percentage of of villas taken from the enemy...are they better than us? Maybe.

My conclusion was that it depends on circumstances. If you have a lot of people quiting in your tribe, do you ignore those villas and just attack the enemy (with not much chance of taking many villas off them but a greater chance of the enemy taking a lot more of your internals).

Karou: Interesting point.

Question to our readers: What do you think about this?

War-Peace: There is also the belief i have that it takes all sorts to make a tribe. You have your fighters, farmers, internalers, D lovers, diplomats, leaders... That is why I like to have as many of the people I have played with before in my tribe. I know their strengths and weaknesses and can keep them in "control".

Karou: So what makes a good player, in your view?

War-Peace: A good player...
Someone that is selfless and works for the betterment of the tribe. Someone who is selfish and works for the good of the tribe.
Someone who sends out his nukes and fakes to harss the enemy. Someone who saves his nukes and uses them to farm to extreme.
Someone who can time a train to the TW allowance. Someone who can time a train to take a villa.....be it in milliseconds or hours.
Someone who has leadership qualities. Someone who can follow orders.
Someone who can inspire a tribe. Someone that can question a tribe.

I guess now we know why his account is called War-Peace. The man can't make up his mind.

3. Who do you love? Who do you hate? ... who do you love-hate?!

Karou: If you were given free hand to build your own dream-team on W66, which 15 accounts would you choose and why? The catch: everyone else would be against you.

War-Peace: The only problem is that I don't really know anyone in Auphan. For me it's not always the biggest accounts that matter but the ones that are selfeless and work as a team. Those that have shown this would usually be ones tribe but in my case I know some of the "better" players of other tribes.

And the Oscars go to...
[spoil]Sgt
Dao
Wolf
Tashali
Mieszko
Dubtise
Logboss
Warsword
Njc
tag team
Astro
Solutionsfor you
Finaly sober
fatal decision
[/spoil]
I would probably add kanthas , ampano (lol, apnambo) and supatribe if they weren't so cold and calculating!

Awwww... :(
[spoil]
sad.jpg

[/spoil]

Karou: If you could make one account blow up, which one would it be? :D Why?

War-Peace: I don't think there is any account that deserves that....the one that deserved it, i already took care of!

Karou: Wow, you wouldn't even blow up an Auphan?

War-Peace: Not at all, they have done nothing to me. Just because i don't like the way they play (proffesionally and mechanically) it does not mean that i have to dislike them personally. I already told kanthas that the way they play does not endear them to the majority of other players.

Karou: I guess nobody chooses a play style to become popular with the crowd. You play a certain way because it works.

Final question: Imagine a perfect evolution of W66. How would it look like?

War-Peace: Smoke and Zips listening to my idea of putting up what we think are our 20-25 best players against Auphan and slugging it out.

The way this world has developed is a bit different to the other 2 worlds i have played. We have 3 distinct powers. If 2 powers gang up against the other, the chances are that the single power will lose.

Karou: :icon_rolleyes:
[spoil]
two-girls-kiss-one-guy-on-cheek.jpg

[/spoil]

Karou
: Diplomacy is very slippery in W66.

War-Peace: Diplomacy is where my strengths lie.

Karou: I have no doubt you're really good and your W54 backgroud has its advantage, but diplomacy alone can't win a war.

War-Peace: I have to use my strengths to gain an advantage BUT not at the expense of lying or backstabbing

Karou: And you don't think all the people you're trying to bring against Auphan will feel manipulated? I mean, you've got nothing to lose, you're already at war with Auphan.

War-Peace: I do not manipulate people as i understand the word. In this given situation, I give people the scenario as it is, the scenario if it continues as it is and the alternative scenario.

Karou: You give them your version of the future, which cannot possibly be objective, since you already played your cards. I guess any real diplomat would read through that.

War-Peace: If enough people agree with me then I know it has merit.

Karou: Won't argue with that. I guess I'll find out in game if people agree with you.

THE END... or IS IT? o_O
[/spoil]

DeletedUser105025

Unexpected to say the least.

True, that he contradicts himself many a time also.

He admits to being a selfish player, who can manipulate his tribe to make sure he continues to grow, while the accounts fighting the war and losing villages, are worse players because of that.

I suppose one mans view of what makes the game fun, enjoyable and fair, is not that of many another.

I did laugh a lot about the 'smoke and zips' scenario. Too many times have worlds ended before their time, because of such scenarios. I have been part of one, its boring, trust me. Tribe v Tribe, or Tribe + Tribe v Tribe for those less skilled, scared individuals. Or for full petal power, Tribe + Tribe + Tribe v Tribe. Seems like a lot of fun, just to say you won a world, via a mass merger to take down a tribe who you viewed much better than yourselves.

Its not even like Auphan (us), are the best tribe around. Not top of war stats, never top of enoblement charts. Smoke and Zips always growing at a faster pace than ourselves. Where we come into our own in war. We like it, we live it. Some people, like to go hide in their bomb shelters and sit it out, waiting for a miracle, or for stupidity to become infectious.

wow, i can ramble. Anyway, what im trying to say in short is to play the game it was meant to be played. If you dont like it, you know what to do :)

DeletedUser

It's a sad day when i make it into anyone's top 15 list.

DeletedUser

The interview could have been better had you choose to just lay the questions and answers, without pinning your own opinion.(I don't like CNN for the same reason,they are so subtle in their manipulations ). I like how great players are so honest about their opinion, speak out their minds about their playing style and are so transparent about their ways , maybe because the love the game. That's what makes them great and respected.

DeletedUser108074

It's a blog, which means it's usually the about the blogger and their own interpretations and experiences.

This is not a non-biased interview to promote the person being interviewed.

DeletedUser

without pinning your own opinion. I like how great players are so honest about their opinion

So you're saying Karou isn't a great player then? Since he/she/it isn't allowed to use his/her/its opinion.

And if you're looking for professional journalism, just as you don't look for it at CNN you probably shouldn't be looking for it on the tribalwars external forums. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

So you're saying Karou isn't a great player then? Since he/she/it isn't allowed to use his/her/its opinion.

And if you're looking for professional journalism, just as you don't look for it at CNN you probably shouldn't be looking for it on the tribalwars external forums. :icon_rolleyes:
He didn't say he was looking for professional journalism. You stated that. He said that the blogger is "pinning his/her own opinion" in the blog.

What's wrong with you?

DeletedUser

So many things, mostly that he doesn't understand what a blog is.

Also, the eye roll denotes sarcasm. He's looking for something other than a blog; in a blog.

[spoil]
blog
bläg/
noun
[COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]

a personal website or web page on which an individual records opinions, links to other sites, etc. on a regular basis.
[/spoil]

DeletedUser

blog
bläg/
noun
important]

a personal website or web page on which an individual records opinions, links to other sites, etc. on a regular basis.
  • [/spoil]

• You are correct and I agree with you, but that has nothing to do with "professional journalism". Why don't you look that up and tell us what you learned today.

DeletedUser

The interview could have been better had you choose to just lay the questions and answers, without pinning your own opinion.(I don't like CNN for the same reason,they are so subtle in their manipulations ). I like how great players are so honest about their opinion, speak out their minds about their playing style and are so transparent about their ways , maybe because the love the game. That's what makes them great and respected.

As others pointed out before me, this is a blog. Of course it's going to have my personal touch. I'm not just going to post a bunch of dry questions and answers. But I haven't changed anything in the meaning of their replies, so you really get a feel of the personality and gaming principles of the people I talked to.

Also, this is not a blog where people are just meant to read and move on. I want people to get involved, state their own opinions, agree or disagree with the issues raised.

I think War-Peace made a great description of what a good player is. He made other interesting statements that people could have commented on. :p Don't be shy, folks!

I guess I'll have to interview Asphyxiate next. I'm sure we'll have a ton of comment on his views. Hehe.

DeletedUser105025

I have a ton of comments on my own views, is it normal to argue with your own personalities ?

DeletedUser

You are correct and I agree with you, but that has nothing to do with "professional journalism". Why don't you look that up and tell us what you learned today.

[spoil]
[h=2]jour·nal·ism[/h] noun \ˈjər-nə-ˌli-zəm\: the activity or job of collecting, writing, and editing news stories for newspapers, magazines, television, or radio

[h=2]Full Definition of JOURNALISM[/h]1
a : the collection and editing of news for presentation through the media
b : the public press
c : an academic study concerned with the collection and editing of news or the management of a news medium

a : writing designed for publication in a newspaper or magazine
b : writing characterized by a direct presentation of facts or description of events without an attempt at interpretation
c : writing designed to appeal to current popular taste or public interest[/spoil]

yup, nothing about opinions in here... so he was looking for something without any opinions in it... which kind of sounds like journalism, i.e.: b : writing characterized by a direct presentation of facts or description of events without an attempt at interpretation

The facts here being the answers to his questions and the direct presentation of which is what godfather was asking for.

Thanks for playing congo. :icon_rolleyes:

Serious George

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I only wish Karou had found the time to interview me as well. It would have helped add a more well-rounded view of the war-peace account and how it plays the game.