Changes to the game since world 48?

the uber luberz

I'm not sure I will recognize anybody anymore, but I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to fill me in (or direct me to a tutorial as I couldnt find one in the search function) on the changes made in the past couple of years, as its been about 3 years since I played. Has the game drastically changed? Are there any "vets" here who can give me a bit of perspective?

I notice some things, like speed percentages for current buildings in the queue and "-20%" next to each queue. What are these? Can you now literally purchase an advantage beyond the "ease of use" benefits from a premium account? How exactly do they work?

Have there been any gameplay/strategy changes? Is startup still farm with spearmen, get to LC and farm everything? I was a top startup player back in the day, maintaining rank 1 on several worlds into the 200k point range, but I feel like I would be lost nowadays.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

the uber luberz

Yup, played on a few worlds since world 48, including 50, 52 and 57. I co'ed an account called Runaway Train on world 57, rank 1 for a bit.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

[video=youtube;IEBL-k_vF0E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEBL-k_vF0E[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The event right now makes turtles much more effective. There are a fairly high number of people just pumping up their mines for the 30-40% buff. I have never seen them compete so well with "us" farmers.

What else, erm. Well, not much really. Glad you're back with us.

DeletedUser

If you truly were a rank 1 start up player then there should be NO reason you would be lost...

The only thing that caught me off guard was the changes to scouts. Don't lose your first 10 like I did because I sent them 1 at a time. Need to send at least 4. Past that its the same game, same strats, same everything. Tis the reason people are not playing anymore.

DeletedUser100646

Yeah, cause nobody games that stay the same..sorry but that's a frakking ridiculous assertion ;)

DeletedUser

The event right now makes turtles much more effective. There are a fairly high number of people just pumping up their mines for the 30-40% buff. I have never seen them compete so well with "us" farmers.

What else, erm. Well, not much really. Glad you're back with us.

Thats the only buff I haven't had yet.
I seem to always get stitched up with Prince Joffrey, where's Princess Joan when you need her!?

DeletedUser

I have played a bit of tw in the past also and have forgotten quite a lot , still i am sure i will end up on the rim sooner or later lol