Irontusk alert!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irontusk

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Hello! I'm Irontusk. I'm your new forum mod.

Some of you are not going to like me. The rest of you are probably going to like me even less.

You've been given roughly a month to run amok with very little moderation (from checking reports, it looks like only the most serious offences have been given much time). Some of your threads are so deeply entrenched in their cycles of hatred and spam that I honestly can't rescue them without deleting half the relevant posts too.

Problematic worlds before have taken pride in 'running off' their mods (who've usually had to go inactive due to RL reasons, but that's besides the point). I have taken some very... outspoken worlds before and their inability to control themselves has killed them good 'n' dead.

Even the speeders learned to keep their mouths in check; I hope very much you can all do the same and we can have a pleasant time here. I've seen enough good, thoughtful posts here that I KNOW you're all capable of intelligent discussion about the game itself. I'm not generally harsh on offtopic posts and I rarely even WARN for them - don't feel you're treading on eggshells about whether you're on topic enough, but in equal terms, don't get mad at me if a page of posts disappear cause they've led to a discussion a million miles off the original topic.

Here's looking at you, Almurph vs Everyone.

Anyway, here are a brief few reminders about what's no bueno and what I WILL punish. I'm wiping the slate clean here - you'll all get warnings before infractions regardless of your infraction history, and I don't think it'll ever be necessary for me to hand out any bans.

Personal insults: you can't question anyone's mental capabilities. That means not calling people stupid, idiots, imbeciles, retards, anything you can think of along those lines. It means not saying they belong in an institution. You can't call people gay (and if you do this and try to argue 'but I didn't mean it's a bad thing!' you're not getting off easy). You can't ask if someone is 'on their period', woman or not. Rule of thumb is, if you feel you're summing up the total value of a human being into one word or sentence, you probably shouldn't post it.

Inappropriate language: honestly I think we all know what we can and can't say here, but as a reminder, this extends to sexual discussion too. Please keep it in your pants, your significant others pants, your buddy's pants, pants you bought off the internet while drunk, whatever - just keep it off the forums.

Drunk posting: more of a guideline than a rule, but wait til you're sober. The speeders were really bad at this. Trust me it's for your own good.

Okay now that's over! I'm sorry I had to open with such awful words; this forum has been a truly uninhabitable wasteland for a couple weeks now. I'm really kinda friendly sometimes and maybe in time, you'll even like me.

shudder

DeletedUser79609

This HP round is almost over, I doubt you'll see half of the people in here again.

DeletedUser105718

Some of you are not going to like me. The rest of you are probably going to like me even less.
So what use will you actually bring to this forum apart from making people dislike you? :icon_idea:

DeletedUser

I imagine your job is going to be pretty easy. The only thread anyone was posting on has been closed.

DeletedUser

Such a great mod, comes and and closes the only thread people use on this world so far, thanks for killing the externals. No one really cares what kind of mod you are either. You say these externals have been a wasteland for the past few weeks, how does making a thread about yourself make it any better?

DeletedUser20939

Such a great mod, comes and and closes the only thread people use on this world so far, thanks for killing the externals. No one really cares what kind of mod you are either. You say these externals have been a wasteland for the past few weeks, how does making a thread about yourself make it any better?

If the thread starter asks for a close and the reasons are legit mods usually listen and close the thread. It's not that uncommon, feel free to start a BFF is not so great thread if you want or a BFF is great thread for that matter. The purpose of the Thief war thread had ran it's course though.

Irontusk

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score

When I said 'wasteland', maybe I should said... wild west. I was thinking something about deserts and bandits.

I closed the thread by request, because... the topic it's about is over. There's nothing stopping you making new threads to talk about stuff you want to talk about.

And normally, I would leave old threads open and just let them die of natural causes... but that one specifically had gotten a little out of hand with all the insults and stuff. Thing is, because I was dealing with ~2 weeks of build-up, it would've been hard to... rectify... that thread without just destroying it entirely. People quote rulebreaking posts anyway, and then that leads to discussion within itself.

If the externals die because nobody wanted to talk about anything besides how much they hate eachother... :icon_razz:

DeletedUser96026

When I said 'wasteland', maybe I should said... wild west. I was thinking something about deserts and bandits.

I closed the thread by request, because... the topic it's about is over. There's nothing stopping you making new threads to talk about stuff you want to talk about.

And normally, I would leave old threads open and just let them die of natural causes... but that one specifically had gotten a little out of hand with all the insults and stuff. Thing is, because I was dealing with ~2 weeks of build-up, it would've been hard to... rectify... that thread without just destroying it entirely. People quote rulebreaking posts anyway, and then that leads to discussion within itself.

If the externals die because nobody wanted to talk about anything besides how much they hate eachother... :icon_razz:
I hate you.

Muldie325

Could you please rewrite this thread in the style of those guides you had for KuKis teaching tribe?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.