Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

1) On your browser go to tools and preferences
2) Go into Advanced click on shortcuts
3) Single click on Opera standard in the Keyboard setup box and duplicate it
4) Rename this new setup My Keyboard Setup
5) Now single click it and go to edit
6) Click Application and then New
7) In the box that shows up type the letter t (use the letter T as there isnt a shortcut that uses this key)
8) Now double click next to this in the blank space and type this EXACTLY as i write it
Click button&Switch to next page
9) Now click ok and it will take you back to the advanced section
10) Make sure that you keyboard setup is highlighted by single clicking it and click

why it still dont work with me ?

DeletedUser

When the functionality of the game is disrupted due to an update, it inconveniences the customer/player. Treat your customer frivolously and they'll abandon you..

Why not just change browsers? Key binding and shortcuts isn't THAT much of a difference. I sort out my accounts with ease and without the need of opera. It can be done. Suck it up and use a browser that you're not reliant on and that doesn't frequently update and alteryour preferred gameplay.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Why not just change browsers? Key binding and shortcuts isn't THAT much of a difference.It can be done. Suck it up and use a browser that you're not reliant on .

It took me FOREVER to learn how to use the hotkeys & scripts in Opera 12:16 originally & whilst i see what players are posting about doing add-ons & extensions on Chrome to circumnavigate these update-issues, I am no tech-head & the necessary procedures sound quite daunting...even Tribe Mates who ARE IT-savvy are not finding simple solutions here. Plus, Chrome is giving me a less steady screen whilst playing than Opera is & STILL has degrees of lag which were not present before, so I don't get why it's been lauded as being soooo good??

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

This is one very funny thread to watch. to care about your customers is what IG does, and I'm pretty sure that they didn't make the game to only work in Opera. Defiantly not to make 100 ms noble trains in world 1. that is what we users managed to get an "workaround" for, but i'm guessing those crying loudest are the looser that cannot play other games without cheat codes or trainers.

This game is owned by IG and they do as they like, they know their customer base allot better than the very few in here whining about broken scripts and calling me an racist, fachist, or whatever they feel for. Amazing they go that far on personal attacks, but then, none knows me :D

Now I've said my piece. I'm grabbing some popcorn and gonna enjoy this thread to see other goes head on and naming me whatever. And to see how bad IG really is towards their customers. I meant what i said, good players adapt, looser will go on attack against me ;)

Upvote 0

uldza

Why not just change browsers? Key binding and shortcuts isn't THAT much of a difference. I sort out my accounts with ease and without the need of opera. It can be done. Suck it up and use a browser that you're not reliant on and that doesn't frequently update and alteryour preferred gameplay.

To be honest Opera was much more than that. Managing an account without opera is like a chore now. On Opera you could open 100+ tabs with links in seconds when on Chrome it takes far longer. If you want the same features as Opera had you have to download tons of extensions and still they don't offer what Opera had. What's the largest account you have handled with Chrome and what did you actually do with it? I'd like to actually see how you can effectively fake now on Chrome like you could on Opera, how you could balance like on Opera or back in the days tag tons of incomings without opera links and shortcuts. Innogames is making the game more and more noob friendly. They remove attack IDs, they add a button that instantly tags all your inomings, they make the smallest gap 100ms. Anyone half decent can now snipe a train to the point where sending a train is basically useless and now they even are trying to get rid of T-Train so you can't even reliably get 100ms gaps. Now you have to sit at home all day and time noble nukes to even have a chance at taking a village against a half decent defender. On top of that without attack IDs you can't even be offline for a while and not worry that you wont be able to tag incomings. What even was the reasoning for removing attack IDs?

Upvote 0

DeletedUser94483

I myself am currently looking into a way to make opera 23 more suitable for tribalwars in the ways 12 was...I personally like my short cuts..They do make things easier but opera is DYING...not dead yet but dying nothing to be done about it and there is only so long inno can hitch its carriage to a dying horse.

Also no one reads this after saying it several times let me put in bold.

100 ms trains are accomplished on ANY browser!!!

It is everything else that makes it better for some players. Though with the way the community is reacting I am not sure I am going to bother with finding out how to make 23 work as I do not have issues with 12.

Upvote 0

uldza

I myself am currently looking into a way to make opera 23 more suitable for tribalwars in the ways 12 was...I personally like my short cuts..They do make things easier but opera is DYING...not dead yet but dying nothing to be done about it and there is only so long inno can hitch its carriage to a dying horse.

Also no one reads this after saying it several times let me put in bold.

100 ms trains are accomplished on ANY browser!!!

It is everything else that makes it better for some players. Though with the way the community is reacting I am not sure I am going to bother with finding out how to make 23 work as I do not have issues with 12.

I think you mean 100ms gaps not trains. And also I could send 150ms trains (with 50 ms gaps) back in the day from any browser but that involved intense button smashing which is not something I'd like to do when sending out trains. The only issues with Opera 12 at the moment is that it's unable to handle a lot of tabs. Even 10-20 is too much when I cycle through with a fake script or balancing. I still have no problems sending trains with Opera.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser113220

Honestly how many of you that sit here and say switch browsers when you are handling a Account with 400 villages plus in a tribe that is at War, Tagging Incomings and Sending out thousands of Fakes per day?

No, The majority of the people that Say change broswer are people that play Start up where then the game gets "Boring" So they don't understand that playing without Opera is not has easy as they say, When Opera is no longer working at all. How many people are gonna stay when they get to 200 villages and get into a war, Where Faking takes Hours and where they have to sit their all day tagging because the old useful things have been removed to make the game better for the noob'er players.

Think.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Todeskult, old friend, I've maintained a few accounts that have been through mid game and late game wars to up winning worlds, and I've been just fine using chrome ;p

I can only speak on my behalf though :)

Upvote 0

DeletedUser94483

CURRENTLY I play 5 accounts...3 are actively engaged in wars.

Account sizes:
45 villages--older world that I was slow going on with being a late starter with no real growth room.
350 villages--Older world could be quite larger if I was not enjoying just mass nuking
980 villages--world at the very edge of the end fighting to try and turn back the tide of the world(not as successfully as desired but has nothing to do with the updates and to do with the amount of bulk we are trying to move.
130 villages--world beginning to enter end game warfare is currently mid to longer range as pieces move across the board to set things up
130 villages--very young world in the middle of an uphill battle that we are winning.

Yes I am using opera 12...but I am also one of the people trying to figure out how to make opera 23 match the features I enjoy in 12. When I say go to a different browser if you can not figure out how to fix your opera it is because my system does not at current have any issues on 12 UNLESS I open over 100 tabs OR enter more then 25 commands within a 3-4 second period. This slows me down to 1/5th speed for managing my account but as others are slowed down equally I do not care so much as I work to balance things further into my favor.

So kind of bored hearing that get said..I play till late game and find 12 to be essential in managing my accounts...until 23 becomes a viable option for me(working diligently on that as tw DOES look sexier on it) I will deal with the slower rate and understand that it is MY problem to deal with this.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser94483

Regarding new features, I think, that you should ask one of the Developers, because as you already know, I'm one of the users, like you. However, it seems that the "customized keyboard shortcuts" feature "is cooking":

Just to relieve some tension about opera they apparently seem to be working on this

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

pokemonEX.co.UK

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
i also use opera 12.00 i dont change between browsers as it is too much of a issue.

like valtheran88 i also play multiple worlds with multiple accounts..

3 vills - from start up easy farming.
312 vills - from start up, in a large war for a long time..
469 vills - i joined the account during a massive war, without opera to help tag, and snipe. 60k + incs over the 6 months ive been there. having to send fakes on a daily basis without having 100's of tabs open at a time would be a seriously boring.
1700 vills - farming is a drag as it is. big war i was there at the start, merged, and now playing a different account, but with out being able to effective mass fake, or send trains, or all the little things would be a drag..

overall i have tried different browsers, going from IE, opera 12.00 - 20.00, chrome, FF. however out of all i keep going back to Opera 12.00 its by far the easiest to get used to..

Upvote 0

DeletedUser94483

Well if things go well with what I am looking into transitioning to opera 23 will be relatively painless.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser4616

So - question for the staff - If I use an existing extension or write one for Chrome that helps me customize keyboard commands to send trains or snipe - would that be legal?

Sorry if I'm being dense here - I've been away from TW for a long time and don't remember all the rules re scripting/tools etc.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser94483

You would have to get the extension approved by submitting a support ticket like a script. If it gets approved you can then share or hold it to yourself. Your choice on that.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser94483

If I figure it out and decide to share it I will be sharing the information for free.

Upvote 0

sln clty

Once you have them all loaded up and ready, go to the first tab, hold down t. It will tab through pretty fast. I always get 150 millisecond trains now they have edited it so you can’t send illegal trains, but sometimes the first attack I send (the one with the nuke) ends up second, it doesn’t happen very often, but when it does just cancel and start again.
just in case you missed something
Please tell me this is Nick from w50????

I still use opera 12 & when it gets banned i'll quit playing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NATMUS

I have a question. On my new laptop (mac) i have Opera. And for some reason it won't allow to hold down the T button. I have to press it 4 times fast to send a train. Of course i just use my desktop or PC but was wondering if this can be fixed or if someone can help out.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Zalinor

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
If I remember correctly it can be fixed something to do with changing settings of your Mac itself as it basically has an inbuilt filter keys permanently enabled (that's the thing you turn on, on windows to stop multiple taps of same key withing a short window of time being repeated)

I googled for you

http://lifehacker.com/5826055/make-...peat-properly-when-held-down-in-mac-os-x-lion

"
All you have to do is type this into the Terminal (found in Your Hard Drive —> Applications —> Utilities) and enter the following:1
defaults write -g ApplePressAndHoldEnabled -bool false"

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.