World 80 Blog discussion thread

The Frog

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I am not the best when it comes to blogging etc here..in fact takes me a hour to compile a funny pic..

however i do state facts and i do feel that i have a non biased opinion..

regarding women and TW.. those who even think its a topic "shut up" all are equal here in TW and we all play as players whever we are incl gender or nationality.

I also read a lot of above..and no matter what we say its ALWAYS biased to your own tribe in some shape or form.
The world started.. some came itty bitty like bugz, some came premade. it all depends where you fall in the beginning.
This means yr surrounded like bugz and have to scrimp and scrounge small wars or recruits in order to expand..or you have a rim view whereas you just gotta keep members active. ALL tribes will recruit ALL tribes have to war. we do this by being dictated to by the map.

so overall what im saying is that each tribe has its own agenda on how to strategically win the world.. and whoever does obviously has shown the better way.

kirk

DeletedUser118152

Ahem. First of all thank you UBM for another blog update, though a bit intriguing,a bit biased,but its still a fun to read. Secondly, on the subject of gender players, I don't care about that. Because woman or man or trans if you play the game for fun or any reason you might have that's good.
Lastly, regarding mass recruit tribes who eats up their newbs (yes newbies like me,new noob players) instead of teaching them how to play the game, well, shame on you. I know you'll say 'they are as good as food anyway', 'RL calls them, their village is a waste if we don't eat them','We don't need noobs here, only the best' bla,bla,bla... You know what, that's the main reason why TW doesn't have many players year after year. New players come to learn how to play the game, to have some fun with people they don't know.You drive them away instead of encouraging them to experience what TW must be like. But this? Its like 'Killing the game for the sake of winning'. I know recruitment strategy is your choice of gameplay, but please let's not forget the spirit of fun in playing TW. If more new players come to play, more fun, and the game would be more interesting.( I apologize for those who will get offended about this.)
*wating for part two*

DeletedUser109671

Haven't been around since W67 and starting this world late so this blog was great to catch up :D thanks for putting in the work, good read.

DeletedUser

I will mostly just be commenting on one thing since i find so many of these statements to be false about women playing TW. But then again I am a man afterall, so forgive me if I am wrong. I can only tell from my own experiences.

About women cannot be respected as a leader. I was playing in 77 in Bacon. Played with Deb as a leader for almost 6 months. She is in my oppinion only one of the best leaders I ever played with, and not once in that half years time, did I ever hear a comment about her beeing a women. I know a lot of people in that world dissagress with me and fair game. The negative comments about her playing style wasnt based on gender, but purely on her strategy etc for the tribe and its members. Again, not once within all of that critisism did I hear gender beeing mentioned. She was critisized equally and judged on the same measurements as any other leader.

About women players in general: Not that I know a lot since my time here on .net have been limited. But some of those i personally respect the most are women players. Not to bring her into this but someone like Styx. My impression is a lot of people know who she is, in those that do can approve that she is one of the most respected TW players actively playing. I admire her a lot for a lot of things.As a player and as a person. Those are just examples, I cannot talk on others behalf, just simply stating that I dont consider the oppinion of a women beeing less worth whether thats a council member, regular member or beeing a duke. From those statements posted in the blog I guess I am just about the only one that thinks that way. That I really dissagree with.

I have absolutely no doubt that some women players have had some bad experiences purely based on their gender. But is that really the same as that they are in general considered worse players, and their oppinions beeing less worth? I dont think so. I will agree to one thing though that was said in the blog as a quote from a female player. And that is beeing have a tendency of beeing more open minded upon female players. Such as if a female player enters a skypechat it goes from quite to exploding. I am one of those people I admit finding the player more interesting in the beginning if a female for some reason. That is not cause I am looking for my next date for the pram (spelling). That is for the same reasons a players enter my tribe and is from a country you usually never meet players from, then My attention is also there. My point is that maybe the reason why women are more "attractive" to be in tribe with, is simply because as stated in the blog not a lot are playing. I dont know the actual numbers , but lets say at least 90 percent of TW players are male. Then that makes the last 10 percent of women beeing rare. Therefore naturaly interesting. I might be wrong in all this, but then as stated earlier, I can only speak for myself so thats what I do.

Normally I dont think about it when choosing co s but my guess is that througout all the worlds I have been playing approximately 50 percent of my co s have been women. Maybe unintentionally I have been looking for women co s. I honestly dont know. If so, then it for sure havent been cause of how "hot " they are, or cause I am dreaming of my co to be my future wife. It has been cause I have felt like that would be a comfortable co player, considering skills, trust, reliability and to have nice conversations with. I spend a lot of time on this game, and obviously therefore its important to have co s you get along with very well. Optimally and even better someone you can talk to about other things than TW. The social part of this game have always been a big part of why I even play TW. My guess is sometimes a lot of people here spend more time writing with their co at some days than their real life friends even.

So maybe afterall its not such a coincidence that 50 percent of my co s have been females. Cause you kind of gets filled up with "male talk" in the tribechats, so maybe you are looking for something different for your own account. so what is it thats so wrong by doing that? Women have some qualities men dont have and the other way around. My impression is that a female duke can be even better than a male pretty often, cause they have some "care" for their tribemembers males often dont have.

That was a lot of noncence talk so ill finish that inner talk with myself here. Just want to state that for those who think of people as beeing less smart and a worse player, only due to the fact the person is a women - shame on you. Also if some women read this and they have some very awfull experiences only based on gender, i apologise in advance for my previous statements.

About W80 as a general thing and the discussion about the integrity of gents and the way they have rised to the top. In my oppinion they might be great players, they might not be. Point is due to the approach no matter what my oppinion of them will never change. After I got one of those famous pm s from them "please be our spy, your leaders suck" a while ago, now another one of those revealed on externals recently, that alone is enough for not respecting their ways. It might be a few leaders who are in charge of all that, and the rest of the tribe is great. I dont know . I know nothing about them. They have such a big lead, so why they would resolve to such a tactic I wont understand in a million years. My oppinion on them in their eyes probably means 0. And thats fine. I cannot say whether they are good players or not, just that this is just one of the things I hate. Thing is even without spy s they would probably have a huge lead, so why do it then. Writing a circ to every member of the tribe you are about to war each time you declare or get declared on is just distastefull. So in reference to why people think they lack integrety, their you have the answer from my part.

As a final note in all fairness I think Regime is playing the game as they should, and by far have the most respect from how they have been playing this world. They have a great leader, some nice council members and some lovely regular members. they dont mass recruit and they play with the same core of players as when this world started. It might not be the receipe to win, we will see eventually, but no matter what if they keep this up, at the end of the day Regime is the tribe who will be respected and remembered when this world is finished in the future.

Jhncanson

at the end of the day Regime is the tribe who will be respected and remembered when this world is finished in the future.

The winners write history not the losers. But to an extent i do agree that regime will be remembered as that tribe who played like the old ways but its always the winners who will write history.

DeletedUser112704

this is a game and its not all about winning, its about having fun and one can have a lot of fun and lose anyway. I'd rather do that, rather then win no matter what.

DeletedUser95698

I will mostly just be commenting on one thing since i find so many of these statements to be false about women playing TW. But then again I am a man afterall, so forgive me if I am wrong. I can only tell from my own experiences.

About women cannot be respected as a leader. I was playing in 77 in Bacon. Played with Deb as a leader for almost 6 months. She is in my oppinion only one of the best leaders I ever played with, and not once in that half years time, did I ever hear a comment about her beeing a women. I know a lot of people in that world dissagress with me and fair game. The negative comments about her playing style wasnt based on gender, but purely on her strategy etc for the tribe and its members. Again, not once within all of that critisism did I hear gender beeing mentioned. She was critisized equally and judged on the same measurements as any other leader.

About women players in general: Not that I know a lot since my time here on .net have been limited. But some of those i personally respect the most are women players. Not to bring her into this but someone like Styx. My impression is a lot of people know who she is, in those that do can approve that she is one of the most respected TW players actively playing. I admire her a lot for a lot of things.As a player and as a person. Those are just examples, I cannot talk on others behalf, just simply stating that I dont consider the oppinion of a women beeing less worth whether thats a council member, regular member or beeing a duke. From those statements posted in the blog I guess I am just about the only one that thinks that way. That I really dissagree with.

I have absolutely no doubt that some women players have had some bad experiences purely based on their gender. But is that really the same as that they are in general considered worse players, and their oppinions beeing less worth? I dont think so. I will agree to one thing though that was said in the blog as a quote from a female player. And that is beeing have a tendency of beeing more open minded upon female players. Such as if a female player enters a skypechat it goes from quite to exploding. I am one of those people I admit finding the player more interesting in the beginning if a female for some reason. That is not cause I am looking for my next date for the pram (spelling). That is for the same reasons a players enter my tribe and is from a country you usually never meet players from, then My attention is also there. My point is that maybe the reason why women are more "attractive" to be in tribe with, is simply because as stated in the blog not a lot are playing. I dont know the actual numbers , but lets say at least 90 percent of TW players are male. Then that makes the last 10 percent of women beeing rare. Therefore naturaly interesting. I might be wrong in all this, but then as stated earlier, I can only speak for myself so thats what I do.

Normally I dont think about it when choosing co s but my guess is that througout all the worlds I have been playing approximately 50 percent of my co s have been women. Maybe unintentionally I have been looking for women co s. I honestly dont know. If so, then it for sure havent been cause of how "hot " they are, or cause I am dreaming of my co to be my future wife. It has been cause I have felt like that would be a comfortable co player, considering skills, trust, reliability and to have nice conversations with. I spend a lot of time on this game, and obviously therefore its important to have co s you get along with very well. Optimally and even better someone you can talk to about other things than TW. The social part of this game have always been a big part of why I even play TW. My guess is sometimes a lot of people here spend more time writing with their co at some days than their real life friends even.

So maybe afterall its not such a coincidence that 50 percent of my co s have been females. Cause you kind of gets filled up with "male talk" in the tribechats, so maybe you are looking for something different for your own account. so what is it thats so wrong by doing that? Women have some qualities men dont have and the other way around. My impression is that a female duke can be even better than a male pretty often, cause they have some "care" for their tribemembers males often dont have.

That was a lot of noncence talk so ill finish that inner talk with myself here. Just want to state that for those who think of people as beeing less smart and a worse player, only due to the fact the person is a women - shame on you. Also if some women read this and they have some very awfull experiences only based on gender, i apologise in advance for my previous statements.

About W80 as a general thing and the discussion about the integrity of gents and the way they have rised to the top. In my oppinion they might be great players, they might not be. Point is due to the approach no matter what my oppinion of them will never change. After I got one of those famous pm s from them "please be our spy, your leaders suck" a while ago, now another one of those revealed on externals recently, that alone is enough for not respecting their ways. It might be a few leaders who are in charge of all that, and the rest of the tribe is great. I dont know . I know nothing about them. They have such a big lead, so why they would resolve to such a tactic I wont understand in a million years. My oppinion on them in their eyes probably means 0. And thats fine. I cannot say whether they are good players or not, just that this is just one of the things I hate. Thing is even without spy s they would probably have a huge lead, so why do it then. Writing a circ to every member of the tribe you are about to war each time you declare or get declared on is just distastefull. So in reference to why people think they lack integrety, their you have the answer from my part.

As a final note in all fairness I think Regime is playing the game as they should, and by far have the most respect from how they have been playing this world. They have a great leader, some nice council members and some lovely regular members. they dont mass recruit and they play with the same core of players as when this world started. It might not be the receipe to win, we will see eventually, but no matter what if they keep this up, at the end of the day Regime is the tribe who will be respected and remembered when this world is finished in the future.

Can you write a "TL;DR" as I am sure no one is going to read this.

Jhncanson

Some of the greatest and most loved tribes of Tribal Wars never went on to win a world. The same tribes who created the culture of Tribal Wars that made the game great.

This only holds true for the veterans of the game. To the new guys, they'll always look at the world winners.

This is what i am pointing out. That is why i am gonna root for regime to winning this world.

DeletedUser116463

I remember PFF of 69, was a great and classic tribe better than regime just imo. However, due to unexpected and unforeseen event. Theyve mass deleted their account.
Yeah sometimes great tribes are not really meant to win the world.

DeletedUser95698

I remember PFF of 69, was a great and classic tribe better than regime just imo. However, due to unexpected and unforeseen event. Theyve mass deleted their account.
Yeah sometimes great tribes are not really meant to win the world.

IMO, the best tribe never wins the tribe as they get bored and just quit.
Gents will change that.

Jhncanson

Gents will change that.

9657f4e9d15ce463ebfe8c9b23f34204.png

Its a long way to go before winning the world. Anything could happen.

Ignoramus of the Law

9657f4e9d15ce463ebfe8c9b23f34204.png

Its a long way to go before winning the world. Anything could happen.

I am curious how much percentage would the first 80 players of the world gather, if were to unite in one tribe after those 180 days.

DeletedUser95698

I am curious how much percentage would the first 80 players of the world gather, if were to unite in one tribe after those 180 days.

Gents is on it, a few more merges and BAM!

Gents will change that.

f27a516b4e20f06dbb35210845a39f44.png

apparently someone can't take a joke.
It's okay Steve, at least Gents are still on this world and you...o thats right i forgot.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1082

Gents is on it, a few more merges and BAM!

f27a516b4e20f06dbb35210845a39f44.png

apparently someone can't take a joke.
It's okay Steve, at least Gents are still on this world and you...o thats right i forgot.

That wasn't me. You'll know when I deduct you rep points because they'll go down by 10.