Novel Idea

Deleted User - 10618707

You think they are the only teaching tribes please that is your egotistical bs you always do nauz. I can name 20 teaching tribes that did VERY well.

I guess what you think is 'very well', is just very relative...

Though it doesn't take much competence in the 'teachers' to teach the basics of the game, being competent or horrid in TW just comes to how well you can adapt and basic judgement calls.

You can't really teach that...easily anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Loki was top 10 is that well enough for a teaching tribe? But i don't think teaching tribes should rank anyway, not rank 1 or 2 or you don't have a teaching tribe just a tribe of elites.

No one said it was easy that is why i told lisa people who do it should be rewarded.

Deleted User - 10618707

I never said it was impossible, I'm saying that most 'teaching' tribes don't fulfill what they set out to do in the first place. I'm no even referring to rank, simply teaching a few newbies how to time or snipe a train doesn't really teach them much.

And you can't really reward those types of tribes, because in reality, every tribe is a 'teaching' tribe, if we go by definition.

Gorth Kirgar

That won't happen Lisa, you guys need to change the rules to make the game more balanced. If it is beneficial to kill all the newbies and all good players be in one tribe then that will happen. It should be more beneficial for the top players to help the newbies. But that is all i am going to give you.

On that note- where did the 'teaching tribes' go? I knew one person that did nothing but teaching tribes for years and that was never rewarded. Those are the true heroes of tribal wars.

Right here: https://en85.tribalwars.net/game.php?village=7194&screen=info_ally&id=55

And yeah it should be made a bit benificial for people to mentor. Mostly in that mentoring system. Apart from a few players I've been helping from the start, I took on some "game feature" apprentices too. Those apprentices already get my knowledge, and then they also get 5% bonus on everything, while the mentor gets nothing. Obviously I don't really mind getting nothing myself, but do mind that, because there is no incentive, most people (understandably) put no effort into mentoring.

twenty-five

Personally when I tried mentoring I just facepalmed. Some people just can't be taught, and from my experience that applies to approximately 90% of tribalwars players. I mean most players are entirely casual; they are here to kill time and occasionally kill something, maybe make a new friend or two but they really don't care about how the game works and becoming better. E.g. one guy I was mentoring refused to build rams for 'speed attacks', I pointed out nobles were slower than rams. He just reiterated his 'speed attacks'. Tried explaining why rams were useful, gave him quests to build them but his 'speed attacks' were more important. I showed him simulations showing how rams were useful but nope. People like that don't want to learn. There's also the large issue of a significant proportion of mentors being fairly poor players, I mean it isn't really particularly selective as to who can become one as far as I remember.

As for teaching tribes, I'ma go out on a limb and say there has never been a good teaching tribe (that I know of anyway). The one I think mr nauzhror thinks is good, really wasn't a good teaching tribe. 300!!! was not a bad tribe, but pretty much all I picked up there was an incentive to be more active. There was nothing really new there I hadn't seen before (well with the exception of PP's lightening startup guide, which was just a rigid build order so being told to do something rather than learning why). I didn't leave the tribe as a particularly good player, in fact I was still quite bad, but I was now capable of top 20 starts because I realised the power of activity. I didn't build good accounts, I didn't plan ahead and I certainly didn't think much at all. (Waiting for someone to say I still don't). I don't think that's a success. I guess teaching tribes probably function better than a standard 'noob' tribe, but that's about it from my experience (and what I have heard from others who have been in other teaching tribes)

One of the main reasons most teaching tribes don't work is this game is about adaptation and thinking, which isn't something teaching tribes have historically tried to do. They just teach you what their teachers think is right in certain circumstances. If they are somewhat competent they might discuss alternatives with you explaining pros and cons, but most players (and this includes 'teachers') are quite rigid in their play style (although at the same time they will claim versatility via one unit, HC) and that just gets passed on to the students.

The education of new players not working comes down to two things: most people don't want to teach properly and most people don't want to learn properly.

DeletedUser

You are wrong but i like you anyway twenty-five. As i said i can name say 20 teaching tribes that WERE good. I am not going to give away my ideas tho on how this could be fixed. I intend to do it myself.

DeletedUser112257

You are wrong but i like you anyway twenty-five. As i said i can name say 20 teaching tribes that WERE good. I am not going to give away my ideas tho on how this could be fixed. I intend to do it myself.

You are wrong and I dont like you

DeletedUser

i am right and i don't really care if you like me or not, being liked by punky ass gamers is not my agenda ;)

and too bad for morthy when he stole MY idea about mentors he didn't get it right, but i will

twenty-five

Go ahead and name one then. I don't want twenty, just one.

i am right and i don't really care if you like me or not, being liked by punky ass gamers is not my agenda ;)

and too bad for morthy when he stole MY idea about mentors he didn't get it right, but i will

What? Are you genuinely proposing someone stole your idea and didn't actually do your idea?! I guess mentoring is a fairly unique concept, so I can understand why you'd claim ownership over it.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

okay this- give the mentors a list of training tools like exercises to have their students do. Practice sniping for example. When completed the mentors get a little pp. even 2 pp per exercise could add up if they had a whole tribes worth of students

and if you mean name some teaching tribes i already did loki was rank 10 with 150 active NEWBIE players

i am not proposing it i am saying it is a fact jon dawson stole my mentor idea

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

it was both and the members were solid no tribe hopping or inactives

also let me correct this jon didn't STEAL the idea he just took it from me, it was free for the taking

DeletedUser

What? Are you genuinely proposing someone stole your idea and didn't actually do your idea?! I guess mentoring is a fairly unique concept, so I can understand why you'd claim ownership over it.

blah stop editing your posts and making it so hard to respond appropriately- sure it is a common idea but it was never done on tw until 2 weeks after i started going on about how it needed to be on tw

two weeks later there it is...

DeletedUser

It's embarrassing that the "mentor system" even exists. Same goes for "teaching tribes"... if the game had better leaders, there wouldn't be a need for either.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
You think they are the only teaching tribes please that is your egotistical bs you always do nauz. I can name 20 teaching tribes that did VERY well.

Your idea of very well does not compare to mine.

You're going to claim the tribes you led did very well. They didn't. None of your students have the reputation or history of success that myself or twenty-five do. We are, without any doubt, the greatest players that were ever students in a teaching tribe.

Loki was top 10 is that well enough for a teaching tribe? But i don't think teaching tribes should rank anyway, not rank 1 or 2 or you don't have a teaching tribe just a tribe of elites.

If it does very well, the students are elites and they make the tribe rank 1.

Rank 10 is trash.

I don't care how many members the tribe has either. I've led tribes that hit rank 1 with 14 members, rank 2 with 11 members, and been in tribes that were top 5 with under 5 members. No excuse for a tribe being rank 10 and still proclaiming it was a success.

Right here: https://en85.tribalwars.net/game.php?village=7194&screen=info_ally&id=55

And yeah it should be made a bit benificial for people to mentor. Mostly in that mentoring system. Apart from a few players I've been helping from the start, I took on some "game feature" apprentices too. Those apprentices already get my knowledge, and then they also get 5% bonus on everything, while the mentor gets nothing. Obviously I don't really mind getting nothing myself, but do mind that, because there is no incentive, most people (understandably) put no effort into mentoring.

If someone is mentoring because they want a reward then I don't really believe they are fit to make a good teacher anyway. A good teacher is a passionate teacher.

As for teaching tribes, I'ma go out on a limb and say there has never been a good teaching tribe (that I know of anyway). The one I think mr nauzhror thinks is good, really wasn't a good teaching tribe. 300!!! was not a bad tribe, but pretty much all I picked up there was an incentive to be more active. There was nothing really new there I hadn't seen before (well with the exception of PP's lightening startup guide, which was just a rigid build order so being told to do something rather than learning why). I didn't leave the tribe as a particularly good player, in fact I was still quite bad, but I was now capable of top 20 starts because I realised the power of activity. I didn't build good accounts, I didn't plan ahead and I certainly didn't think much at all. (Waiting for someone to say I still don't). I don't think that's a success. I guess teaching tribes probably function better than a standard 'noob' tribe, but that's about it from my experience (and what I have heard from others who have been in other teaching tribes)

I suppose I agree with most of this.

I hit rank 1 on 3 of the next 4 worlds I played after 300!!!, but I didn't build strong accounts really. Stronger than my neighbors, but I still made tons of mistakes. Also, we are the only two students that ever really developed into top players, and neither of us did so immediately.

Last edited: