Let's make W85 a nice world

DeletedUser118428

Every world I've played so far has been full of treachery and backstabbing (sorry 'bout tha' XD)

I think in order to win a world, you need two qualities: Exceptional skill in the game and the heartlessness to ruthlessly slaughter threats by any means necessary. That might mean using spies in all of your neighbouring tribes, using other players to take down threats, or ripping a tribe apart from the inside.

I think it would be interesting to play a world where treachery and betrayal are kept to a minimum. So,
I hereby promise not to stab anyone in the back or use any underhanded tactics in this world.

I will remain loyal to my tribe. If I have concerns then I will raise them with my duke. If I feel these concerns cannot be dealt with, then I will let my duke know that I am moving to a new tribe and will not attack old tribe mates for a week... Unless they attack me :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If I were you I'd add "unless they attack me" to that last sentence.

The Frog

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Every world I've played so far has been full of treachery and backstabbing (sorry 'bout tha' XD)

I think in order to win a world, you need two qualities: Exceptional skill in the game and the heartlessness to ruthlessly slaughter threats by any means necessary. That might mean using spies in all of your neighbouring tribes, using other players to take down threats, or ripping a tribe apart from the inside.

I think it would be interesting to play a world where treachery and betrayal are kept to a minimum. So,
I hereby promise not to stab anyone in the back or use any underhanded tactics in this world.

I will remain loyal to my tribe. If I have concerns then I will raise them with my duke. If I feel these concerns cannot be dealt with, then I will let my duke know that I am moving to a new tribe and will not attack old tribe mates for a week... Unless they attack me :)

would be easier just to wipe you out at the start..so avoiding any chance you stab em..

DeletedUser118428

Yeah kirk, coz I'm the only tw player who's ever done something sneaky. Wipe me out, and there will be no other sneaky players on the world. What a muppet.

Gorth Kirgar

You can very well be ruthless and slaughter any threat and be trustworthy and kind at the same time. You really don't need to backstab anyone or use underhanded tactics to dominate.
Sure you can sometimes can an edge by doing so, but in the end it's always more important to have friends you trust and know they can trust you.

Only thing to worry about is those huge amounts of players in the top having push accounts.
I was really hoping for a fair battle here in the (most likely) highest average quality players ever without pp abusers....but some still feel the need to go the top by cheating.
Of course we'll get to them eventually, but it's still a shame not to see the real top guys where they actually should be.

DeletedUser

The solution to all of that is banned co-playing ^^

The irony of the system is, they allowed CO-PLAYING yet they have a Sitting Account System which nullified the use of it. :/

That is the no1 downfall of this game. Hard Core Players doesn't feel the need to do the effort anymore... Actually, it's sort of cheating. Whatever your defense about it.

Not everyone could find a trustworthy co...unlike others, they have... that's one of the few in breaking a solid tribe in the inside...getting a co to trust a player then break the tribe apart of even ruin the players reputation. And it doesn't really feel winning being a Co in an account.

I don't know why they still put that up...is that to save CCU? Players in a Game? Oh look! we have 30 million players! but only have 100 thousand accounts coz everyone is doing co's...

What's the logic of entertainment gaming on that? of fun and enjoyment? no... it push players away the game and the competition...

Gorth Kirgar

I only play solo, but never thought of co-playing as any form of cheating. It just isn't.
Some of us want to get the glory alone, some can share it.

DeletedUser

I only play solo, but never thought of co-playing as any form of cheating. It just isn't.
Some of us want to get the glory alone, some can share it.

It's not about, sharing the Glory! It's about sleepless nights you put effort in the game to gain an advantage! it's work or play! if you work, then you spend money to make the game easier for you and still be able to catch up! And if you choose to play, then you don't work and play the game 24/7 =)

And another idea just came into my mind. If you spend money for the game, why not reverse it? the game generates money for you too? What I'm thinking is this....We all know, we have to work for our RL needs. Internet Connection, Foods, Clothing, Etc. etc. And if you want to compete, it actually affects your work in RL.

Why not make the game your work place and still earn? How to do that? If you spend money for points, you could also spend points to earn money! Vice-Versa! Your Time effort to get those PP from selling res to PP and be active and play the game. You can't earn if you can't protect your villages.

Well, you get the idea. Just a random thought of a NINJA! lol! =)

DeletedUser65288

I will backstab every diplomatic relation made now

#fortheglory

SHAGAN888

Not sure what you did in the past but you sound like your under conviction of some kind, however I do salute your stance and your willingness to play with honor, its something that's been missing from the game for yrs I think, personally I took this stance a long time ago.

Its sad these days when its actually considered cool to be a spy or someone of low moral values in a tribe tearing it up from within...

Even though treachery and betrayal will always play roles in the game its nice to hear that some still have values, honor, and respect...
We are no doubt the minority...

shag

Last edited:

DeletedUser

This is complete and utter nonsense.

I think I couldn't agree with you more mate =)

Yes, Exceptional Skills have it's advantage...but how about Luck? It means not about your Skill! But in Generalization to all? RL probs? Emergency? When your GF says, TW!? or Me!? ahmmm... you get the idea mates =)

The Frog

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Not sure what you did in the past but you sound like your under conviction of some kind, however I do salute your stance and your willingness to play with honor, its something that's been missing from the game for yrs I think, personally I took this stance a long time ago.

Its sad these days when its actually considered cool to be a spy or someone of low moral values in a tribe tearing it up from within...

Even though treachery and betrayal will always play roles in the game its nice to hear that some still have values, honor, and respect...
We are no doubt the minority...

shag

dont be fooled shag..this guys as trecherous and sneaky as they come..

tribe destroye rsimple as...others may forgive..but i dont and ill hunt him wherever/

honourable my ass!

DeletedUser118428

Luck is not as important as skill. If you have rl issues, get a co or get a sitter. If you start of in a dreadful location for farming, restart. If it's still bad, put pits higher.

DeletedUser

Luck is not as important as skill. If you have rl issues, get a co or get a sitter. If you start of in a dreadful location for farming, restart. If it's still bad, put pits higher.

Easy for you to say... some countries can not afford fiber optics...

As for co, I have a trauma in that on the past. Being back-stabbed in world 48. My tribe disbanded and a massive OP on my villages from Top 10 ranking Tribes when I returned. I was attending a wake of a friend of mine in RL who was assassinated....shot on the head by hand gun...

Even if tw staff's do background check or if they can possibly get the old files on w48, I can vouch that I have not lose 1 village during the time I was in-front of my keyboard...

DeletedUser118428

I don't have fiber optic broadband where I am. Doesn't matter.
Sorry to hear that about your friend. I imagine this game would be the last thing on anyone's mind in that situation.

Back to luck vs skill for a second, I want to look at with a different approach. You make the point that a player needs luck to succeed in this game, and rl problems could occur. Imagine a scenario where a great player is in mounds of debt and has to sell his pc, and can no longer play tw. Yes, this would mean he couldn't succeed in tw.

But, if he also had to sell his Xbox 360, he can't succeed in dark souls 2. I don't think that is really something to consider when you think about what makes a good player. I understand that unfortunate events can and have happened which would prevent you from succeeding, but it goes without saying that you need to have access to the game to succeed.

When I say luck is not as important as skill, I mean luck in the game, factors that cannot be controlled, like starting position and unpreventable, growth stunting early conflicts. Both of these can be controlled to a degree, the first by restarting, and the latter with highly charismatic communication.

I've tried to be very careful in how I've worded this, but let me make it clear that I'm not comparing your incident with your friend to having to sell your pc to make a bit of money.

DeletedUser111495

Majority of the time the reason people say they quit when they are getting attacked/nobled is they have RL issues, I imagine this is true some of the time, but most of the time it is an excuse.

DeletedUser118341

Majority of the time the reason people say they quit when they are getting attacked/nobled is they have RL issues, I imagine this is true some of the time, but most of the time it is an excuse.

Yes, and at the same time, a resounding no.

Early/Mid game. For sure, I think the majority of people who pull out the 'something has come up in RL' card basically just don't want to play, because they know they are about to get nobled and thus if they quit before this occurs, they can say they didn't get rimmed on WXX, they had to quit due to RL issues. Thus enabling them to boost their own ego.

Late game, I'm always weary of calling people out for quiting. I think, if you quit instantly then for sure it is probably just an excuse.

However, co-played or not, I know a lot of accounts claim to be 24-7. But how many actually are. I mean, imagine your under several thousand fresh incoming daily. Noble trains, cat nukes, spikes, fakes. All landing every few seconds (or even more frequently). All of us who have played in this situation, know sometimes finding a willing sitter can be hard. And sure, you can sit at your computer for days or even weeks spending hours and hours dodging out. But eventually there becomes a point for most people, when they realise that it quite simply isn't worth it.

So sure, in the above situation, the player might quit. But really, it wouldn't be because he was against a better group of players or a better tribe. It would be simply because the enemy made him/her bored. If you look at it objectively, doesn't this person have more sense than the rest of us who continue to play? And is it right that they be subject to the same ridicule that players who instantly quit deservedly get?